1800Flowers.com / false advertising!

1 Easton, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-356-9377

I was sent an advertisement from 1800flowers.com, to order flowers, it showed a price and description of the flowers to be sent. When my wife received the flowers it was nothing like what was advertised, I was totally embarrassed by what they sent to my wife. Instead of a plant with a bunch of flowers in the pot, she received one flower, and there were two sticks along side the single flower. (The sticks looked like chop sticks). I called their customer service, and was told, that eventually the plant when full grown would look like the advertisement. This company should not be allowed to be in business, they are nothing but scammers. I would like to sent you pictures of what they advertised and what was sent to my wife. I will never buy from this company again. I intend to notify the BBB in my area.

Comments

• Di
      17th of Jun, 2008

I've used 1800flowers twice.. the first time it was great, the plant I sent was as advertised. The second time, it was DINKY.. not as pictured. Have heard other complaints from friends that have used 1800flowers, that a multicolor tulip boquet only ended up having one color flowers. I would go to the local florist instead and get something from them. Or else find a florist online that is in the area that the person lives and talk to them and order a product from them. I have done that for friends in Illinois and had great experiences with local florists providing a superior product to these online florists.

• Lu
      18th of Jun, 2008

I would like to know what 1800Flowers.com means by 100% satisfaction, guaranteed? For the record, my satisfaction with this company is minus 100%.

I wish I could attached pictures! I ordered and paid for 1800Flowers Item #16941 Sentimental Surprise and the pitiful arrangement of flowers that was delivered isn't even somewhat close to what is advertised by 1800Flowers. You tell me --- is the SURPRISE for the customer, when we realize that we ordered isn't what was delivered has to consider whether or not to pursue a correction or just let it go? Or is it the SURPRISE for the receipient (and not the person who placed the order and paid for the order) when the receipient receives a call from 1800Flowers asking why they aren't satisfied with the flowers? So that both the custumer and the recipient are both embarrassed, put on the spot, and humiliated? 1800Flowers falsely advertises and misrepresents their merchandise. I want my account reimbursed. Does anyone know how I would go about getting my money back?