Resolved Comcast — billing problems
I will repost what I just posted in Comcast own forum...
I have been a Comcast customer for a number of years. I have always used automatic payment as I find that most convienent. Last Novemeber the bank card number I had been using for the automatic payment had to be changed as someone had made fraudlent charges on that bank card. Once I had the new card I promptly changed all my accounts that were setup with automatic payment - Verizon cell phone service, Amazon.com, Paypal, etc. Including my Comcast automatic payment. All the others were easy to change and I had no problems. I was out of town for most of December and January. I return in mid Janurary to find my service was cut off and I was months past due on my payments. It seems Comcast was trying to bill my old bank card number still. I called, talked with relatively friendly and helpful people, paid off the balance and went online, and entered the new account information again. As of yesterday, March 25th, I was cut off once again. Same problem. This time I was pretty upset. How many times do I have to provide Comcast my correct information before it is correctly updated in their system. And this time I did not speak with anyone who was helpful. Most of my conversations (and my wife's) today were with a Veronica 0608. She insisted she was the highest level superviser I could deal with. All I was requesting was that I pay the overdue amount, and that they drop the late fees and verify they have the correct account information so this doesn't happen again. She refused both requests. I repeatedly explained that I was really frustrated with this situation and was considering canceling my account over it. Still, she refused to be of any assistance. It was like talking to a robot, just repeating the same answers in a mono-tone, hard to understand voice. I finally gave up. My wife called back very upset. Since she is primarly a Spanish speaker and has a hard time communicating some things in English, she asked for a Spanish speaking supervisor. It seems we ended with the same supervisor and the same refusal to assist us. Since my wife and I both work from home, and need our internet connection, we had no choice to pay the fees once again.
I see three major problems with Comcast...
1. On the web, the auotmatic bill payment setup does not allow you to easily view what account is currently in the system and if it is the correct information.
2. According to Veronica 0608 and others we have communicated with a Comcast, the system can take up to 3 MONTHS!!! to update with the new billing information, meaning in the mean time they will keep trying to bill the old account (bank card).
3. The customer service people on the phone can not look at our account information to verify if it is correct or not.
I don't have these problems with any other company I deal with - Verizon, Comed, People's Gas, Amazon, all of them make it much easier to update account information.
I would like Comcast to re-imburse my late fees and straighten out this billing problem so it is not the same story every couple months. I would also like someone to communicate with Veronica 0608 that there is a right and wrong way to handle customers with legimate problems. I recently called Verizon a few times to make changes to my account with them. They were incredible pleasant and even suggested ways to reduce my bill I wasn't even aware of. I was so impressed. And their customer service agents were easy to understand and quite pleasant. I have had better experince with Comcast in this regard in the past as well, but not this time.
Lastly, I have not complained in the past about this but frequently at night I loose my Internat connection. It usualy happens late a night and so I haven't made a big deal about it. But given the problems I am now having with billing, My wife and I are researching other providers and will likely drop our account once we know we can get another service setup.
More Comcast Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam!
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view)
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem!
- Comcast Miami, Florida - servicio
- Comcast - overcharged twice!
- Xfinity Home Security - inferior service and deceptive practices
- Comcast - $2 downgrade service fee - downfall of the usa
- Comcast / Xfinity - false advertising