Clarkshome delivery

About half a month ago, I bought three pairs of shoes of Clarks online which are on promotion that time . However, two weeks has passed, I still could not received my items. So as the guidance on the net, I traced the parcel first, it said "dispatched". But when I tried to contact to the after-sale office, they said the parcel was on the way. I waited for another week, then I made a call to the company, the officer said the parcel has been missing, the only thing they can do is to refund .what a joke, missing ~?! three pairs of shoes would be missing? I am so angry, but I donot know what else I can do, because they are the present to my dear mother. I am really sorry and sad about that . could anyone give me some suggestion to protect the consumer?