Clarkstone Bengalshorrible business

I am a very established Bengal breeder. I am a small in-home cattery. I focus on the quality and not the quantity of my Bengals. I have recently retired my queen because she has had 3 litters and I felt it was time to get her fixed. So I am now looking for a new queen to breed. January 19, 2012 I called Dave Clark, the owner of Clarkstone Bengals and it is true that first impressions speak the loudest. This is a family business and ran by my father and I. He proceeded to tell me that I know nothing about breeding Bengals just because I am many years his senior. I told him about the history of my Bengal stud and queen. Clark then tells me that where I purchased them from was a horrible cattery, when in all actuality both of the breeders have won many awards and been featured in TICA. By the way he talks all he cares about is the money. He told me that I had a horrible queen because she had small litters at first, then surprised me with 6 kittens for her final litter! He said you will never make money when you have a queen like that. I said excuse me, and he told me I was being disrespectful! HA, he said I was. The whole time I controlled my temper and attempted to have a nice cordial conversation with him, because I called to do business with him, but he treated the whole conversation like a 'lesson'. This unruly man may be older, but obviously that does not mean anything when it comes to respect and having a business and talking with a potential customer. Yes his kittens are beautiful. But do not fall for this. He is a money hog that is crazy and needs to be in Psychiatric hospital rather than breeding Bengal cats!

• 11
    1162A Feb 08, 2012

Dave Clark is saying I am trying to hurt him by filing a complaint about him. There are so many complaint out there about Dave only one is mine. There has been nothing except for my experience when I met DAVE CLARK for the first AND LAST time. I welcome Dave's attorney to contact me. Dave contacted me with several emails he sent email saying I know where "YOU" work and the 9 times he called me 7 where after I told him to never contact me again and he left voice mails.

• 11
    1162A Feb 02, 2012

I agree with both posters

• Ca
    Cat Man Jan 27, 2012

That man will say anything to get out of a mess. He is just the person that was described in the above letter. He is bad news. He has been able to take bad reviews off the Internet. He can not take any one that questions him. He thinks he is the cat god of cat gods. Very Nasty Little Man in so many ways!!!

• Da
    Dave Clark Clarkstone Bengals Jan 27, 2012

Clarkstone Bengal Cattery
    New Braunfels Tx.

This person should be glad they did not get a breeder cat from Clarkstone. Be glad his mouth ran you off, you got lucky. Your better off than people I know, who got a cat from him and only had problems with the cat and HIM. You only get problems and heart aches when dealing with this man. If he doesn't like what you have to say, he will make threats towards your well being. He will promise to pass your name on to other breeders and hurt you with them. Just not a good experience with this man.

• Complaints Against Cat Breeders Jan 20, 2012