Complaints & Reviews

returns on non fitting mail orders

It took so long to get a label and return my boots, which run big and have no ankle support. I finally got the return label after 3 phone requests, and sent them back.
The boots were way too big. I literally wore them for less than an hour in my home before deciding they were just too uncomfortable. I sent them back February 3rd, and today, March 9th the customer service lady Sue, told me the shoes look like they were worn and they are sending them back to me. This is just NOT TRUE. I barely wore them, they are brand new. So after all this time, I cannot exchange for a pair of shoes that fit me, I will NEVER buy online from this shady company again. What an utter waste of time and money. Disappointing doesn't cover how I feel and I intend to post my reviews far and wide. I feel cheated ad scammed out of a lot of money and the customer service was rude and unhelpful. Again, these shes were worn in my house for less than an hour before I put them back in the box as un wearable, Tammy Blanco

PO Box 217 Ceredo, WV 25507

I have several pairs of Born shoes. 4 of these have just fallen apart, the soles came right off! While wearing these I had to walk out of work with no shoes on to go on my lunch hour to get more shoes! How embarrassing! I am really afraid to wear my other Born after 4 pair the soles come off, I bought all of these at Macy's. I pay a lot for these shoes! Shoes are my addiction! I have over 200 pair. Have never worn a pair of shoes out. I take care of my shoes

I ordered a pair of boots, they were too tight in the heel.

I sent them back with their label well I was being charge 6.96and I will take a couple of weeks to get there. My reorder I have size larger the whole top of the boot was warped both boots. their customer service department is not very helpful and I paid two day shipping and I got them on Thursday the day after Christmas I ordered them the previous Friday. I have taken pictures and if they don't cut me some slack on the money I've spent on returns and shipping I'm gonna get hold of my lawyer.
FYI I could've bought them at Macy's cheaper $88.
Being that they make these boots in China Vietnam and one other foreign country I expect some irregularities but for the price my hole it be Jesus!

customer service

Two pair of Born shoes (mules and loafers) split on the side, no damage to sole. (Note: I replied to another complaint as the same happening to me.) I contacted Born, their response was to contact the store where purchased. Born shoes cost too much for this to be happening and I will not purchase another. When the mules split I though the condition was abnormal or maybe I just didn't wear enough so I just threw them out. Then when the pair I wore more frequent than the last (rarely wear the same pair of shoes twice in a 2 week period, more like once monthly) split I knew quality was the issue. I still have one remaining pair of Born, I will buy no more.

customer service

the sole of the right boot has completely disintegrated!

I love Born shoes and boots and have several pair. However, my favorite boots which I've had several years, the sole of the left boot is perfect. No sign of wear, cracks or splits. But the right boot has several splits completely across and now is totally unwearable as part of it is broken loose. It's like the material used on the left boot is much higher quality than the right

the sole of the right boot has completely disintegrated!

• Co
    copperdog Dec 07, 2019

Hi,

If you have a Twitter account, I would suggest that you post a tweet about your experience with Born. I'm not sure what else can be done since I never got a response from them or the BBB. I think it would help to make more people aware of how poor their customer service is and how poorly made their footwear is, too. I've included the link to my Twitter post to give you an idea of how you might possibly word your post.

enns shoes and elsa boots

I recently made a purchase from bornshoes.com. I tried on both the shoes and boots in my home when the package arrived. I felt as though the both pairs were too snug. They arrived on a Thursday, I had sent it back to the company on the following Tuesday. I paid $288. and they are refusing to accept my return. They are claiming that the shoes are wore which they aren't. I just tried them on in my house. I returned the items to the company and they sent them back to me. I don't want those ugly and uncomfortable shoes.

men casual dress shoes

I purchased a pair of born shoes for my husband a couple of years ago. He is a school teacher. He has only wore them 3 times. I have several pair of born shoes and a pair of mules just fell apart on Friday August 23, 2019. I had to throw them a way, the shoe repair guy said he could not fix it, the bottom of the shoe cracked in half. So I told my husband about it, and he said since you brought it up and should me his born shoes. The bottom is cracked, on one shoe, and I purchased them at Carson's or Bonton's there no longer in business. Something needs to be done!!! Columbia stands behind there footwear, Born shoes are not cheap

return policy

I bought two pairs of Born shoes, tried them on in my apartment, and returned them both in the same boxes and package that they both came in a week or two later. Never wore either...

slip on shoe

My complaint is on a pair Of born shoes. They have been in my closet stored in shoe box. I put the shoes on, walked threw the house and the sole of the shoe crumbled!
I contacted Customer service they can't help me due to the shoes being over a year old. They gave me a phone number to call. I called! All I was able to file a complaint with the company and there product.
I hope the picture shows how defective the shoes are, and the materials they using making there shoes.
No shoe should fall apart like this!
I will never purchase born shoes!
The soles are made of a flexible foam substance that does not hold up. The leather on the shoes are in perfect condition.
I hope the company looks at this!

slip on shoe

men's born leather slides - m5178

I recently had another pair of Born men's leather slides come apart. Although I purchased them a few years ago, they had only been worn around the house a few times since I bought them and had hardly any wear on the soles as you can see. I noticed that there were a few small pieces of rubber on the floor, but I just thought that they were things that got caught in the treads of my sneakers that I brought in from outdoors. On the morning of May 9, 2019, I noticed that the slides seemed to be fitting rather loosely and discoverd that both shoes were coming apart. This also happened several years ago with a similar pair of Born leather slides, but I just thought that it was a fluke at the time. I decided to do a search to see if anyone else had problems with Born footwear and discovered this website. I now see that Born has very serious quality issues with their footwear. I have what some might call a shoe addiction and have many pairs of shoes, and some don't get worn very often. Some of my shoes were purchased over 20 years ago, but because I take very good care of them they are still in very good condtion and last me for years. I have heal savers put on them if appropriate, always clean and polish them after each wear, and store them with shoe trees in their original box. There is no reason why a pair of shoes that have hardly any wear to fall apart like this. This is the last time that I have this problem because I will never buy another pair of Born slides or shoes ever again!

• Updated by copperdog · May 14, 2019

This is a follow-up to the complaint that I left on May 9, 2019. I noticed that Born never offers refunds and always tells customers to return their shoes to the store they were purchased from or that too much time has gone by for them to do anything. Born never seems to take responsibility for selling poorly made shoes that really shouldn't be given away for free. These shoes are dangerous, and eventually someone is going to suffer an injury due to them coming apart while they are being worn. I'm not sure what good it is going to do, but a little while ago I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and would encourage others to do the same. The URL/link is below. Perhaps if enough people do this, Born will finally own up to its problem with their footwear.

• Ee
    eefour Jul 07, 2019

Hi all so yes same problems you all have brought sandals for my husband 3 months ago and he has use two times we went to the July races 2019 Daytona and guess what the sandals coming apart was quite embarrassing, at that point we decided to tell people about the horrible product right down to race drivers and suite people after reading about the customer service people to watch him struggle walking to our car with so many back and neck surgeries and expect the same treatment from their customer service...I will make sure I tell anyone I can not to buy them ...

clogs inseams came off

I got a pair of Clogs for xmas, it seams that they were purchased at outlet store, I did not used them until this week, the inseam came off after using them twice. I sent the pictures to customer service and they don't care. They are discontinued so can not be replaced, when the only thing different is the "new ones" is a metal ornament. They are cheaply made in China. Not only they lost a customer like many who have posted but I will make sure to speak the word.

clogs inseams came off

• Updated by Laura Carrillo · Apr 29, 2019

Offered a 50% coupon as a good will

born shoes

The last 2 pair of Born shoes I bought were iof such poor construction that the sole came apart from the upper before I could even wear them out if the house!

I have long been a devotee of Born shoes since I purchased a pair of leather boots 20 years ago, which I still wear. I have at least a dozen pair of their shoes and never had an incident until recently. Sadly, the quality is now terrible. The craftsmanship is shoddy.

I am extremely disappointed and will NOT be purchasing this brand again.

soles on my borne shoes

A week ago I had been driving my car. When I got out I noticed a pile of crumbly stuff under the gas pedal. The whole bottom of my shoe had disintegrated!! Loved the comfort, feel, and look of these shoes but the soles are absolute junk!!! Almost bought another pair the day before this happened--so glad I didn't. Don't think I'll ever buy another pair of Borne shoes!

soles on my borne shoes

Born Shoes — born clogs

271025 I purchased these clogs at TJ Maxx Feb 2018 at the end of the season. I pulled them out to wear this Fall and they are crumbling! See attached pics! I contacted Born and they...

slides / b6381 style fell apart

623636 Had these Born shoes along with some Clarks that I wear periodically. Put this pair on this morning & they felt sticky. After about 2 steps the shoe felt rather strange. This i...

born shoes

623636 I bought a brand new pair of BORN shoes and literally have worn them twice and they were worn in a sit down meeting. The shoes are literally falling apart! This is ridiculous! I...

woman's clog

I wore my new Born clogs to work, and the bottom of the right shoe fell off. (See attached pictures.)

I am a teacher, and it was very hard to get through the rest of my day with faulty footwear. I contacted Born to rectify this situation, but they just gave me the run around. They did not offer a replacement shoe or offer to fix my shoe. They offered nothing in way of compensation for an expensive shoe.

Sincerely,

Joan Clemente
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

• Je
    Jenster May 08, 2018

That's no good.

You can always file a claim or contact your state's governor and or your state's consumer protection agency. Clearly, you have enough evidence for this. Just forward your receipt and their inability to solve the issue.

Born Shoescustomer service after placing an order

Born Shoes customer service could care less about their paying customers. Absolutely terrible. All they say is that or this cannot be done. Period. Shipping for an item paid for is extremely slow for no good reason. Boycott Born Shoes.
Don't know the quality of these shoes yet since we have not received one pair we ordered. More to follow.
We don't need ripoff retailers and we will let everyone know how bad Born Shoes is so they will eventually go out of business due to no Sales.

Born Shoespoor poor poor quality shoe! do not buy anything from this company. it is junk!

I bought and wore a pair of men's Born shoes when I first came across these a few years ago. They seemed comfortable and that is what I was looking for. I did not care that they were not the most attractive shoe (in fact they look pretty silly) so I thought I would enjoy them. I have now had the soles of the shoes literally disintegrate while on my feet and fall off while I was walking into a wedding yesterday. The material they use is very cheap and the way they put the shoe together is unbelievably poor. I will not be buying again from this company and suggest anyone else do the same. There is no one that should be in business that makes such a defective piece of junk. Do yourself a favor and don't even try these on. Let's eliminate the companies that waste time and money to make such things. Surely they could find something else more productive to do with their time. Unfortunately for me I still have 3 pairs of their shoes which I am just waiting on to explode on my feet. No doubt it will happen soon.

• Updated by Drewtus · Oct 27, 2017

I have attached a picture showing how these shoes came apart on my feet all at once almost at the same time. Not one but both shoes happened to do this within 30 minutes of each other.

• Co
    Concrete Cowboy Jul 20, 2019

Disposable Shoe: I’ve had two pair over the years. Both fell apart. Insoles fell out and apart on my first pair. Stitching between sole and upper cane apart on second pair. I contacted them on the first pair and they basically told me to get lost. Buyer beware they’re ok for a while and basically become a disposable throw away shoe after moderate use.

Born Shoesshoes... walking shoes

8.23.17 Received shoes with a cut at the left side of piece that goes around the ankle. Completely disappointed with Born's customer service. I have photos I was willing to send. Four customer service reps all accused me of just trying to get a free pair of shoes. Really? Why would I bother? Ugh!!! Whatever happened to the 'customer is right' part of doing business? So, so disappointed, I will likely NEVER do business with this company in the future ... and here I thought they were a premium shoe company. They need to learn the Nordstrom way of doing business and the Chic-fil-A art of customer service.

shoes... walking shoes

Born Shoesmens leather shoes

Because I liked my Born shoes, I encouraged my husband to buy two pairs. He is retired and wore the shoes seldom. Both were expensive leather shoes with molded plastic soles. Both pairs now have soles which split across and are coming apart. We are appalled about the quality of Born shoes considering their price and lack of wear. No, we do not have sales receipts (who would have thought we needed them) nor do we even remember were we bought them while traveling, but I would be happy to send them to you so you can see what a piece of junk they are and reimburse us for our cost. By the way, my daughter had the same experience with her shoes.
I appreciate your response.
S. Applegate

Born Shoes — womens shoe

Born shoes will not give out information on how to return a shoe that is defective unless you can return the shoes to the retail store where purchased. This is not possible...

Born Shoes — bad customer service

I have aleast 25 30 pairs of born shoes which means I never wear the same pair all the time. I have had two pair of clogs come unglued just in the last month. What bothers me the...