Chase Mortgagetwice the work - no results

I was ready to add on a patio addition, so I went to the bank to find out about getting the rest of my home-equity line of credit opened. The person at the bank tried to get me the remaining portion of the credit line, but he found out after attempting to issue the check, that it was blocked because the bank thought that my home decreased in value. He told me if I get it re-appraised, that it should then be available for me, but if the appraisal was low, then I would have to eat the $400 appraisal fee. Appraisal came in about 55, 000 more than purchase price 5 years ago, so I was very pleased. Then, after almost 2 weeks for them to process it, they tell me that I needed to get 70% LtoV, and so they are not issuing me my credit. While in the bank, a very nice man told me that he could help, combine my 1st mortgage, my Home Equilty LoC, and get back the money I needed to do the patio. Well, paid my $400 application fee, and since I just got the appraisal from the only person the bank would allow for the LoC, figured done deal. Well, 1 week later, I get a call, the bank wants to do another appraisal, they won't accept the one they did 3 weeks earlier. So they come out, and totally do a hack job with the appraisal. Comp's are not even in our neighborhood, we had 16 closings in the past 12 months in our neighborhood, that they didn't even use. Chase didn't even look at the Appraisal details, if they did they would have seen this oversight. So now, does not make sense to re-finance because I would not get any of the cash to do the patio.

Now, I'm out $800 dollars, while there was no guarantee, all of the things that I needed were there, smells like they knew what values I needed, and what values would allow them to keep my $800 dollars.

So much for sticking with my bank, thinking since we do all of our banking with them, all credit cards, everything, that they would have our backs.

Guess we start to look for some other options.