Chase Bankracism

I visited the branch this week and had to make a withdraw because the ATM was not working again (another story), as I approached the counter and asked to make a withdraw from my account, I was handed a withdraw slip asked to fill out the details and return it to the cashier.
Nothing strange in that how ever the slip I was handed was in Spanish, I DO NOT SPEAK OR READ SPANISH, when I commented this fact to the cashier, her comment was” it doesn’t matter fill it out any way”. When I asked for help the cashier made me feel so small and pathetic, and as I left the bank I felt so dejected.

I have just gone through US citizenship and one of the main requirements it to be able to read and write in ENGLISH, not Spanish or any other languages. So why is Chase Bank requiring all its customers to be fluent in Spanish?

I have banked all round the world using many different languages and have never been belittled by any of them, until now.

• Its no longer America its Mexico... Before anyone on here starts bashing me as being racist I have a friend that is mexican/greek... but she knows my feelings... Thats why I live in upper class neighborhoods they cant afford it...but if I were you I would honestly get another bank

• binder May 20, 2009

Oh you have a mexican/greek friend...then it's OK to sound racist.

At least be honest and admit it without having to add in that you "have a friend" of said race - like saying that cancels it out or something.

• Bi
    Billydude15 May 26, 2009

I agreem what is she implying by they cant afford it. is she saying mexicans cant afford it. that is racist.