Chase Bankhigh fees

J

The JP Morgan Chase Bank in Tujunga, CA, charges $6.00 to cash any check by a "non-customer" says branch manager Marsha Kouyoumjian. Marsha Kouyoumkian goes on to state that it doesn't matter if the check is $50 or $5, Chase Bank will still charge you $6.00 fee so if you have a check for $5 you would owe them $1. Today, I was charged $6 to cash a $60 check. That is a 10% check cashing fee. It kind of seems like highway robbery to me. Don't cash your checks at Chase unless you want to get ripped off!!! http://bankfraudblogspot.blogspot.com/

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 17, 2011

We always wear a great big smile
    We never do look sour
    We hang out at ComplaintsBoard
    ### by the hour.

Oh, smile ILC3

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 17, 2011

Don't namecall. I don't do it. Stick to your point. And don't use profanity. I don't do that, either. I kept changing banks to avoid Bank of America and they kept being bought by Bank of America. I know about banks consuming one another. Who is my current bank? Bank of America.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 17, 2011

She didn't know they sucked (Chase) until it was too late. Right, Annie? You thought things were pretty much going to remain unchanged. Didn't you, Annie?

annieup Aug 17, 2011

Chase is just horrible in general. The only thing positive about them is their technology. I was a Wahington Mutual customer and became Chase customer against my will when they took WaMu over. my credit card went from 4.2% to 14.9% without notice and without reason! As soon as I get everthing where I can, I am moving to a smaller bank that is solid and doesn't run the risk of being consumed by the blue demon.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 17, 2011

One with a nice view of the moons.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 16, 2011

I'd walk to the moon with you.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 16, 2011

You don't think we really went to the moon, do you? ;)

• AntiAmex Aug 15, 2011

ComplaintsBoard Moderator( not even a moderator), Troll take you rants to Craigslist. You serve no purpose here. In fact every time you take a breath you are wasting everyone else’s air.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 13, 2011

She's amazing. :D

JohnQuest Aug 12, 2011

@ TheLoveFist V It may not be relevant, but it is TRUE. :)

I'm really surprised a moderator would butt in on the conversation and actually resort to name-calling. You guys would probably get along well with Alan Greenspan and the entire derivatives market.

@Ellen Saying that you would get annoyed at a non-account holder at a bank really speaks volumes about your character and your patience. How do you know that the check-casher is "cheap?" Maybe they are newly divorced and had their bank account in their husband's name.

As Henry said, "It's a legitimate complaint. No service is being provided to the check casher. The service is being provided to the check writer only. They are safeguarding their funds for them. Part of the service being provided is cashing the check to the person it has been written to. If you can't understand this, you must be a bank employee or shareholder."

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 11, 2011

###? Watch your foul mouth. Please stop.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 11, 2011

This is so idiotic. Why don't you research history of the banking industry? How long has this been going on? Not long, I don't think. Probably since Braindead Ronnie became president. He was the pro-deregulation president. And that's why our economy has collapsed.Lack of regulation. The purpose of checkwriting is to safeguard the accountholder's funds. The accountholder has a financial obligation to the checkholder. The bank is obliged to honor it. And Brenda, I love you.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 11, 2011

Well, Brenda. Am I right?

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 09, 2011

It is theft. The check is a financial obligation that the bank has taken on behalf of the account holder. That's why it states "Pay to the Order of:"
    No "service" is being provided to the check holder. A financial obligation is to be fulfilled. By order of the account holder. On demand of the check holder.And Brenda is wonderful. The woman of my dreams come true...

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 06, 2011

You're quite welcome.

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 06, 2011

Yes, Henry is a smart man. And so is John.I can't really say that for the rest of you.

JohnQuest Aug 05, 2011

Henry is a smart man. Charging someone a fee to cash a check written by their own customer is like charging someone who accept a Christmas present and pay the sales tax on it. It's already been taken care of by the customer. First, the customer had to order the checks. There is a fee associated with that with most banks. The bank earns interest on the money the customer keeps in their bank. It's just another way to rob people of their hard earned cash. If you don't agree with me you probably don't work for a living and/or were raised with a silver-spoon in your mouth and live off a trust fund or your husband's money ;)

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 27, 2011

It's a legitimate complaint. No service is being provided to the check casher. The service is being provided to the check writer only.They are safeguarding their funds for them. Part of the service being provided is cashing the check to the person it has been written to. If you can't understand this, you must be a bank employee or shareholder.
    Or ###ic. Or idiotic.

JohnQuest Jul 26, 2011

Ellen, I understand the game. I was playing the game back with Chase. I had just read a financial book about how to save money on little fees that add up to quite a bit in the long run if you aren't paying attention and was attempting to use the author's advice about requesting a fee waiver. A lot of his techniques, most of them, have worked marvelously. This instance it didnt work. The excuses that Marsha K. gave for why she couldn't do it were pretty lame. "If I do it for you, then I have to do it for everybody that comes in here." "If I do it, then I have to explain to my bosses why I did it, I need a really good reason." "If the check was $10 less I could have waived the fee." At first, she said she couldn't do it at all and the computer wouldn't let her so she lied to me. I'm just exposing the hypocrisy and lies spouted by banks and managers like Marsha for virtue's sake. Her demeanor, lies, and tone are not what I would expect from a professional bank manager. This branch also has terrible reviews on Yelp.com I'm just calling a spade a spade. You get ahead in business by providing competitive service that delivers every single time you interact with that business. Chase has shown it does not run a competitive business that delivers every single time. Other banks like ING Direct and New Resource Bank are adding extra value and service to their customers and I think discerning consumers will see this and make the change. Others in the Eco-Conscious movement will go with banks like New Resource who don't fund big oil projects and keep their hands clean. Someone close to me almost has me closing my B of A account and heading to New Resource Bank. In closing, I don't charge my clients when they ask for change :)

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 25, 2011

*still smirking at archerop with ILC3 hanging off of one arm and Brenda hanging off the other*

JohnQuest Jul 25, 2011

@ILC3 I travel the world and attend the best parties with the most spiritual, humble, and down to earth people. I don't think I would call that a lonely existence. I'm in one of the best cities in America right now, San Francisco, working for a non-profit on a contract job for two weeks. I perform in front of audiences of hundreds and thousands of people on a bi-weekly basis. I'd hardly call my life lonely. In fact, sometimes, I just want some time to myself. Good try though... projection is a B%^$&!

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 25, 2011

I'll kiss your moon anytime, ILC3.
    You have the sweetest cheeks around. (except for Brenda's !!!)

*smoooooooochieeeeees*!!!

• Po
    polt Jul 25, 2011

YEp, thats why i dont like chase. Too many fees.

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 22, 2011

*Agrees with John*

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 21, 2011

Big enough. I sure do, Brenda.;p

Henry Krinkle 2 Jul 21, 2011

The banks should cash checks free. It is the purpose of checks. Everyone should take all their money out of the banks and keep it hidden at home.

JohnQuest Jul 21, 2011

Ellen, banks make money based on the total amount of money their customers put into their accounts through loans and investments. It's not like they aren't making money off their customers if they don't charge any fees,

I agree, Brew :)

JohnQuest Jul 21, 2011

I have VIP.

JohnQuest Jul 19, 2011

Just because something is common doesn't mean it is right. Why should someone pay an additional fee on top of what the customer who writes the check is already paying? This is called double-dipping. Do you see?

I love Brenda =)

JohnQuest Jul 19, 2011

I've been to B of A when I wasn't a customer and they always waived the check cashing fees. Some tellers and managers use discretion.

JohnQuest Jul 19, 2011

Ellen, while I can appreciate your humor, if I wanted to take it to my bank I could have. The reason I took it to Chase was because it was a Chase bank check and I wanted to cash it at their bank. What's wrong with that? The reason for the complaint was because of the arrogant attitude and the lack of customer service treatment I received from the bank. I gladly took my next check to B of A and opened an account up with them right down the street and they haven't treated me with the contempt or sarcasm I received from Marsha Kouyoumkian at Chase Bank in Tujunga . I paid thousands of dollars in servicing fees to Chase Bank on student loans and I'm not about to pay them any more money. They literally are the worst bank in the world. People complain about B of A but they are a breath of fresh air compared to Chase.

JohnQuest Jul 19, 2011

Thanks for your comments. I did open up an account right down the street at B of A. They weren't rude or jerks like Marsha at Chase. A little bit of friendly customer service goes a long way.

JohnQuest May 24, 2011