Menu

C
Author of the complaint
2:04 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently had a problem using my chase debit card while making a purchase. A few hours later I called the automated recording to check my balance since I knew I had available funds and to my surprise, the recording said I was negative $39 million dollars! I then called the banks 800 number and asked what happened. They then connected me with an "account specialist" who really had no answer for me. All she said was that "chase has made a decision to end the relationship with my account and will be closing it"! I said what! Why, whats the reason? No answer was given other than I will be getting a letter in the mail. I had a few transactions that had not cleared and she did not care about them and said, "well - they just wont get paid"
My wife then called also and they gave her the run around with no answers either! Finally, after the weekend passed my wife went into our local branch to speak with the bank manager and was a total #!
She said that she strongly suggested I keep our money there til our recent transactions cleared or we will get an overdraft. My wife said " you guys are the ones that are closing our accounts after being with the same account number for 15 years, through great western, wamu and now chase and they treat us like this! With no explaination? I just also found out that 5 people I know had the same thing happen to them. And no answers either for them! What the hell is going on here? Can anyone explain or have a theory or maybe happened to you as well?

Helpful? 0 0

More JPMorgan Chase complaints & reviews

JPMorgan Chase - Denied fraud claim
JPMorgan Chase - mortgage fraud/scam
JPMorgan Chase - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!
JPMorgan Chase - closing all washington mutual customers credit cards
JPMorgan Chase - chase raising rates!
JPMorgan Chase - stalling on refinancing my mortgage
JPMorgan Chase - deposit accounts
323 comments

This is regard to the closing of Chase bank in Lafayette Indiana. Now you have closed the second branch on the south and east side of Lafayette Indiana. You make it very inconivent for me to use your bank. I have long sence been a customer of chase. It seems like your customer inportance is loosing ground. Not at this time I will continue as a long standing user person will be using chase.

I am sure my comment will fall on deaf ears but just want to he heard.

Elaine W Sigo
Lafayette Indiana

May 07, 2020 2:04 am

On Friday 05/01/2019 after checking my statement for the CARE stimulus, I became aware my checking account was being hit with a reoccurring $25 (approximate) fee to which no articulation of what it actually was other than a fee since 04/30/2019. My statements are electronic & I pay all my bills from this checking account. I use telephone banking as my job always has me on the move & some locations do not have computers or Wi-Fi to use. After calling their customer service number, it was concluded that I had a checking account that required a higher minimum balance than expected, that somehow started to fine me ever since 04/2019. I was unsettled at the lack of reasonable notice as the fee reoccurred monthly for a whole year without communicating to me there may be a problem. The customer service credited back the last four months bringing it down below $300 & changed the checking to a basic checking account. I had asked for the remainder & was advised they could only do the last four months after being hung up on, then passed around & placed on hold for over an hour. I had conferenced the holding call while calling the customer service again to get an affirmative answer. I would've been a long standing customer since they where Wells Fargo & that's how they did me.

Jan 02, 2020 2:04 am

UPDATE!
So I called Chase support again since the elevated support never called me back.

What a surprise?!
Lower support(In India) I think told me there was no overdraft, no overdraft history at all showing up.
They said they have never seen such happen before.

I have screenshots of the online bank notifications showing the overdraft plus an ATM printout also showing the huge overdraft.

I'm almost happy they decided to close my account. I don't need fake overdrafts scaring me to death with my heart issues.

I'll never trust them again.
Be wary people. Blessings

Dec 23, 2019 2:04 am

Right here before Christmas too.
I've happily banked with Chase for over 8 years.
I'm fairly dirt poor and was using the account to pay bills.

They sent me an email that even with overdraft protection turned off some how I now show an overdraft of over $8, 000.00 !

I called and they said they would not even discuss any details on who or what created the overdraw.
They also said that in 10 days they would force close my account.

It stinks, they seem to be hiding something. I didn't even have any credit left on the account before this happened and with overdraft turned off any purchases would just fail and be denied, so how can they allow an overdraft of 8 grand unless some bank employee stole it or Chase got hacked and trying to hide it
I also had a Chase branded credit card on my account that I've been making good payments on and its due in 3 days.

I asked the Chase clerk on the phone if I can still make a deposit to at least cover my Amazon card and she said it would be grabbed to cover the overdraft.

So now Chase has screwed me 2x to the tune of $8 grand and about $500.00 by ruining my Amazon credit card too.

Congress needs to dig for answers.
I'm going really high politically after the holidays. $8 grand I could have used in credit to buy a junk car since I'm carless too.
Why is Chase abusing Seniors?

1 1
E
Jul 17, 2018 2:04 am

I've been a loyal credit card customer of Chase for years, and have never had a single late payment or any issues.

So when I recently moved and needed a new bank for my personal checking account, I naturally thought of Chase since there was a local branch just a few miles from my new home.

I opened an account online, and linked it to my credit card account with them. And began making deposits.

I used their app to make a remote deposit of a check a client sent me for $1275, and was informed that there would be a hold placed on the funds. Which was fine. I totally understand that is standard for most banks with a new checking account.

And I had around $2, 500 in the account anyway from my previous deposits that went fine with them.

A few days after the deposit, I went into my local branch to make a small $300 withdrawal (which there was more than enough funds to cover out of the $2500 above and beyond the deposit with the hold on it.)

After dealing with the teller for nearly 20 minutes she put me on the phone with someone else at Chase who said that my account had been "restricted" because of the $1275 deposit, and I couldn't access or withdraw ANY of my other $2500 in the account until the $1275 check cleared.

While I was obviously frustrated, I had no choice but to wait. A few days later I got a notification that the $1275 check was fine and had indeed cleared, so I went online to make a payment from my checking to my Chase credit card and was given an error message that the transaction could not be processed.

So I called Chase and after being bounced around for 30 minutes from person to person, I wound up on the phone with a very rude and condescending person in their "risk management" department who informed me that my account was being closed, I could never again FOR LIFE bank with Chase, and he refused to tell me WHY the account was being closed.

All he did admit was that all of my deposits had cleared just fine, I had not had any issues with a single bounced check or any other negative activity on the account... Just that I and my business were (for no stated reason) not welcome at Chase, ever, for life.

So now they are holding ALL of my funds hostage, no one will tell me if or when I will get my thousands of dollars in my account returned to me, and I just paid to order checks which are now worthless.

I've NEVER experienced anything this frustrating or infuriating when dealing with ANY company in my entire life, and the part that is worse than them screwing with my money is they won't even provide an explanation of WHY!

I have had a perfect history with them for YEARS as a credit card customer, have never had any issues with my checking accounts at other banks, yet I'm (for no reason) banned for life from banking with Chase?! (Not that after this experience I'd ever even consider banking or borrowing from them! And I'd recommend that anyone who does, get's your money out of their incompetent, and rude hands as quickly as possible!)

N
Mar 30, 2022 2:04 am

How long till you got your money because I'm in the same situation?

Sep 05, 2017 2:04 am

Chase Bank. in the summer of 2009, My a relative named Andy Sweetack fraudulent used my credit card, I was called while in Ohio with proof being there. I was on vacation.since I hadn't used my card in over a month. not to mention I paid on tie prior to dues date and over minimum Was eventually called by chase and I was advised i would't have to pay since the police arrested him and arrested him at ShopKo. I sent in my notification to dispute the charges by they were rejected I was told for some reason because we was a close relative, They never received my dispute, (which I did send) I was also told by the customer service they didn't have enough evidence it wasn't a scam. I had the police report proving it him being stolen, him admitting it and he served time . So I had to pay over a thousand to a debit collection that i paid back which I didn't owe in the first place.

Sep 05, 2017 2:04 am

Chase Bank. in the summer of 2009, My a relative named Andy Sweetack fraudulent used my credit card, i was called while in Ohio with proof being there. i was on vacation.since i hadn't used my card in over a month. not to mention I paid on tie prior to dues date and over minimum Was eventually called by chase and i was advised i would't have ti pay since the police arrested him and arrested him at ShopKo. i sent in my notification to dispute the charges by they were rejected i was told for some reason because we was a close relative, They never received my dispute, (which i did)i was also told they didn't have enough evidence it wasn't a scam i had the police report proving it him being busted, admitting it and he served time . so I had to pay over a thousand to tho 19

Aug 23, 2017 2:04 am

Just received a letter from JPMorgan Chase Bank closing my Business Account with them. WTF? The larger a company gets, the less they are willing to provide sub-standard customer service. WHAT A JOKE! I am in the process now of closing my accounts, re-financing my auto loan that they also hold and withdraw the $40, 000 in a personal account there as well.

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - go pound sand!

May 16, 2017 2:04 am

Chase just closed my sons account. He has never had an over draft, bounced check or any fraud in his account. He was having trouble logging in to his online account so he called the help desk. They told him his account as been closed and he will not be allowed to do business with Chase in the future. I drove him to a branch, the lady helping us said she reviewed his account and sees no reason why his account would be shut down and she called her corp and they would not even tell her. We called the corporate office again and was told they have the right to refuse service without explanation. I will be closing my account with them as well. What a joke this bank is.

Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

We Avenge the cheated
We have helped over 27 different clients who can testify to our efficient and effective range of services. We have intervened in very pathetic situations how our ‘clients' have been ripped a huge sum of money and nobody seems to care or do anything about it. So a small group of ethical hackers have decided to help put an end to this. Pls spread the word, We will investigate the financial crimes and transactions thoroughly and also help you out with the task in ‘question'.. Contact. [email protected] .com or text +[protected]. We work 24hours round the clock.
We will help you recover all that’s been lost with just a little information that we will require of you. We have a great success record and also an unbelievably superb clientelle. We as experienced Professionals understand how awkward or embarrassing it is reporting certain situations to the 'negligent Authority’. We guarantee getting you Justice on the dark web. Share your story with US
[email protected]

Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

Wow 10 years later still the same problem. I've been with Chase for awhile and had two accounts. One of my accounts was overdrafted and the fees added up to about $100. This has happened in the past, and in the past no matter how long it has taken, it has been fine once I paid everything off. This time my account was closed without any notice, I simply logged on today to see that I was down to one. I'd at least liked to have had warning first, I understand they were at the end of their rope with me but that was quite a shock. I'm not sure what I'll do now. I also have PNC, however where I live there are no branches available, I have to pay extra anytime I take out money and I can't make ATM deposits. I don't feel safe with my remaining account however and I am somewhat worried. Switching to local banks where I life isn't really an option as most are small town and don't have apps that can do quick transfers or anything else. Unsure what I'll do int he future.

Jan 24, 2012 2:04 am

This withdrawal was made without my knowledge or consent. When I discovered and called about it I was told a $279. balance remained on an account I had closed in 2004. I was never contacted about an remaining balance due this bank. The withdrawal was made a couple of weeks before Christmas and because of their sneaky and underhanded practice, we had NO Christmas last year. I live on $1000 a month social security check and had no room in my budget for this withdrawal. I asked for proof that I owed this money and nothing was produced to prove it was my debt. I asked also that they report the payment of this debt to the credit reporting agencies; I received a letter stating they notified ChexSystems, which is NOT any of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. I'm really ticked off that they can badmouth me to a CRA and then it's up to me to provide proof of payment for a 6 year old (maybe fraudulent) debt.

I've read some of the stories and decided to open a new account with Toronto Dominion. I've heard good things about them from their customers.

May 10, 2010 2:04 am

$1.50 is not a big deal, but your customer services are really making sooo disappointed. I got my bill last month with a fee of $1.50. I called in to wonder what it is, then I was told that it was my interested of previous month. The lady on the phone said she could adjust it so i don't have to be paid. Then she talked to me about other promotions that you have. I told her that I don't need any of those right now. She said good bye and gladly hung up. I noted on my bill November 23, 2009 that I was called and get it adjust, which i didn't have to pay.

Today I received another bill with the fee of $1.50. I called in again to see what happen and there's a guy, so RUDE, just say that I have to pay. I wondered how come I was told that I don't have to pay, now I have to pay. He was just "it needed to be paid." If last time I called, and I was told so, I would pay right away. How come one person promise me one thing, and other make me do differently? Just because I don't accept any of your promotions, you won't adjust my bill? That's not the kind of big corperation do, which the guy was always said "we're BIG Corporation". I know and sure you have voice recorded and should have my conversation that resolve my problem of last month. When I wanted to talk to the person who helped me from last time, he doesn't seem happy and he won't transfer. What kind of BIG corporation is this? Well, at least nicely said have someone call me back or kindly help me solve the problem, rather than being so RUDE. This is probably just anonymous to you, but I just wanna make it straight. You know I would pay the full amount that I owned, but I'm not very Very Very HAPPY with your customer services at all. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I would not recommend my friends or other with Chase. I tried to find the feedback pages somewhere online, but I couldn't. I hope someone could read my complain and consider using CHase.

Nov 22, 2009 2:04 am

Four supervisors in seven months are irresp0nsive for Chase promotional rewards. The usage for credit is clearly printed on the statement and noted on the account. However, six representatives said that they did not see it. Supervisors and manager did not return phone calls as they said they would and you requested them to call back. Even you have all the supervisors names and dates you spoke to in these seven months. They are irresponsible, refusing to perform their duty in seven months regardless much irritation and frustration. They do not provide your their extensions or numbers that you can reach them again. Furiously that manager is not responsible, not communicating with customers after four supervisors.

Chase sent consumers promotional letters and hand-outs are not accountable and unreliable.

N
Apr 05, 2011 2:04 am

Once upon a time I had a Providian credit card; I never went over limit; I never paid late or bounced checks; I always paid more than the minimum and NEVER had a problem. Providian was bought by Washington Mutual (WAMU) and same story and guess what, NO PROBLEMS. Chase buys WAMU; NOW WE HAVE PROBLEMS! They immediately reduced my credit line, jacked up my interest rate and tripled my minimum payment. I still continued to never pay late, go over limit, etc. I finally paid the statement off 100% (or so I thought). I knew depending on the statement drop, that I might have a small interest payment to make. I did pay the interest payment of $193. Now it SHOULD be a ZERO BALANCE right? WRONG, we're talking about CHASE here. 3 days after the second PAYMENT IN FULL (for the interest charge), I found another charge of $153 on my online statement. That means CHASE IS CHARGING ME INTEREST OF $50. PER DAY FOR A ZERO BALANCE. When I called to get an explanation, all they say is that it is my fault that the interest rate is so high and that the remaining $153 was interest from FEBRUARY. You cannot reason with them--they are evil and soul-less criminals. I will NEVER USE OR BUY A CHASE PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. Warn your friends, family, loved ones and strangers on the street. What a racket--Usury laws in TN are 24% and they were charging me 31.99%. They can't be touched because each state allows credit card companies to charge what they wish without penalty or usury. DISCOVER and AMEX didn't treat me like that (and yes, I now have zero balances on every credit card).

B
Dec 09, 2010 2:04 am

In the past 3 years, my wife and I both expericned job layoffs, and wife is still unemployed for past 2 years, while my contract work was sporadic for about 18 months. We got behind on everything. COntacted Chase and ask for entensions and help. They placed us on what they called their "Mortgage Remodfication program". In this program we were to only make $1900 a month of the $2400 /month mortage which is all we could do. We kept extreamly good notes about every phone call and discussion we had with reps over a 12 month period while they seemed to just drag the whole thing out, said they lost our paperwork and had to resubmit 2 seperate times. All the while we had no idea they never did anything with our paperwork, then around July of 2010 we received a floreclosure notice out of the blue with notice of a short sale to be performed in just 14 days from the date of the letter! We were taken totally by surpise, and they said we had no recourse other than pay up the past due ammounts along with fees and lawyer fees. We were very lucky to have a gracious friend who loaned us the 25K we needed to stop the short sale. We paid the fees in a cashier's check at the laywer's office (McFadden) in Richmond VA in person. We received a receipt that stated the loan was reinstated and all fees paid in full. Exactly 2 months afterward, our mortgage was sold off to IBM's new mortage company. Now they are sending us notices that there are outhstanding fees from Chase of $1900 that we need to settle on. I mailed them copies of our receiprt which clearly shows ALL Fees Paid in Full and mortgage loan reinstated in good standing. Now I have to pay another attorney to fight these bogus fees. I have proof of all this, and very very good notes from the entire year of totally bogus/fraudulent Mortgage Modification Program. We are just struggling now to hold on in major catch-up mode, and have no more $$ for another attorney. Very much a catch 22 situation and no could give a damn just like the other millions of people out there getting screwed by their mortgage company and have no recourse. This is a sad state of affairs for the USA, I guess the terrorists are winning their econimic war on America since they own the banks!

Mar 09, 2010 2:04 am

I am in the process of closing on a home. I have a chase credit card that I paid off. I called Chase customer service at the beginning of June to ask for a statement since the next one online wouldn't be until the end of June. I was sent to customer service reps that DID NOT SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH! they did not understand what I was asking for and said that they could not help me. So I cool off and call a couple days later. SAME THING! WHY can't I get a statement or a letter of zero balance?! BUT NO! Still can not help me! So my closing date was pushed back all because of CHASE BANK and their NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING "CUSTOMER SERVICE" REPS! I will NEVER bank through chase again.

Why should we waste our time banking with a company who sends MUCH NEEDED jobs to a foreign country to save money, all the while sacrificing quality! I will tell EVERYONE I know to AVOID CHASE BANK!

1 0
Mar 19, 2010 2:04 am

I had an outstanding ballance on my Best Buy credit card through Chase. Once I received a bill for the account, my payment was already late. I used the dial-in account services provided by Chase...and chose the "Pay by Phone" option.

The options you are provided are: pay off your statement ballance or pay another amount.

Since I was interested in paying off my account, I chose to pay off my "last" statement ballance, not realizing this was not my actual statement ballance...which included a 36.50 late fee. I concluded the transaction, thinking I had paid off my entire ballance.

I've never relaibly received statements from Chase...so I was quite surprised, two months later, to receive a bill for $73.00. One charge of 36.50 for the inital late fee and, of course, another charge of 36.50 for not paying the first late fee.

After being transferred 4 times and their phone system hanging up on me twice, I finally made it back to the same supervisor (who had already hung up on me once) and he informed me he would not remove either of the fees as my account "history" showed late payments. LOL

### YOU CHASE BANK!

So, I suppose I am stuck paying the 73 bucks.

U

I was ripped off using my Chase debit card by a fraudulent merchant and Chase bank would do nothing to help me. I did everything that I could think of to try to keep this vendor from taking additional unsolicited funds from my account. At every step, Chase thwarted all of my attempts to stop the fraud from occuring. This has been an ongoing problem for over 3 months now. They credited my account twice, only to take the funds back. I have been told lie after lie by this company, even though I submitted all of the evidence that I possessed to convince them, they still sided with the merchant. This financial institution was given billions of dollars of bailout money by the federal government, so their arrogance is unparalleled towards their so called " customers". When and if I rectify this problem, I will never bank with them again. Anyone starting a class action lawsuit, please let me know. It is very sad in these hard economic times to be stolen from not once, but twice.

P
May 14, 2009 2:04 am

Two months ago I called Chase Auto Finance to request all the information that I would need to have to register my car in a new state. They didn't send me the correct information although I was very clear what I needed. I called again and stated what had happened and what I needed to register my car. now almost a month later and many calls I still don't have the paperwork. I've called so many times and each time they give me conflicting dates on when things were processed and sent out. When I asked them what will happen if I don't receive it in another week they told me to call back, but that they didn't send out the info/Title.etc. a second time around. I asked them what they would do and they said they would have someone research it. I asked them what I was supposed to do in the meantime as I can't drive my car because it's not registered. They told me that they couldn't do anything once the information was sent. I highly doubt it was sent out when they said it was because things do not take a month to get anywhere. They lie, and give you the runaround. don't believe them. They just make things very ugly and difficult for you.

Aug 30, 2011 2:04 am

Dear JP Morgan Chase Bank, I am disputing all of the highlighted charges and fees from Chase Bank. If you will notice all of these charges are via the Internet. I am a single disabled woman on a fixed income. Once again I have been victimized by the system. Yahoo canceled access to my account even to me sighting: “password compromised”. I guess it is almost like closing the barn door after the horse has been stolen, but I was unaware of the problem. When this discrepancy was brought to my attention I immediately changed me password and contacted you. I requested that you cancel my Chase check card and send me a print out of all activity on my Chase Bank account!

R
Jun 30, 2011 2:04 am

I received my monthly bill from Chase and was surprised to see a late fee as I pay all my bills on time and have for a long time it surprised me. The bill in question must have been lost in the mail. I called their customer service and spoke with a man who was difficult to understand who told me there was nothing he could do regarding reversing the charge. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to someone who identified herself as a supervisor. She told me they had their procedures and that lost in the mail could not have happened. I told her that I had the same problem a couple of times in the past with competitors of theirs and the charges were reversed with no problem. I told them to either reverse the charges or cancel my account. She said she was sorry I had to cancel my account. So much for customer retention! They were very unprofessional! My Chase credit account has been closed and I will never do business with them again!

Mar 26, 2011 2:04 am

I have sent Chase Auto Finance a formal complaint letter concerning the way their representatives handle calls to customers. I am done with dealing with Chase Auto Finance. If I could I would be refinancing my car loan with another company. Yes, I will admit this past year has been very difficult and yes, my payments have been late. But that gives no right for their employees to belittle, harass, badger, etc. their customers. My next step is to file a formal complaint with the BBB. I do not recommend anyone using Chase for any type of business!

Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am

I like to join a CHASE Class Action Lawsuit for CHASE had been sold my house in August 30th 2010 when I was into the process to negotiated a loan modification with chase for over 18 months, doing those months I provide all the paper requirements they requested all the time. An August 1st. 2010 Chase supposedly transfer my load to a different lander to continued server my load modification process, instead doing this, they sold my house without any Foreclosure Notice by mail or even place a notice in the door. Without any founder notice just sold the property to Fannie Mae and sanded a Realtor to given me the 3 days quit notice on September 3rd. 2010 I loose everything, ruined my credit and end it up where no place to go me and my ten years old daughter and as a single mother I asking for some one to help me on what to do to join a class action lawsuit. Please reply to me.

X
Jul 27, 2010 2:04 am

Well we have been a long time credit card holder through Circuit City. Well when they went out of business Chase Bank took over their accounts. We recently got our tax return and paid half of the card off (Yeah it was almost maxed out). Well almost immedietely my credit limit was cut in half keeping me at my max so they can report it to the credit agencies that I am maxed out once again. Well after speaking with them I decided to close the account and make minimun payments until the card was paid off. Well then they come up with some 3 year same as cash deal that had expired and so I had to come up with $1, 200 by the next payment or I would be late and therfore have a negative remark on my credit. So basically they lowered my credit limit, charged be some made up fee, and then charged me an additional fee because them lowering my credit line put me over my credit limit. Seriously? CHASE BANKS IS A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS! PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE SCREWING THIER CUSTOMERS RIGHT AND LEFT BECAUSE THEY MAKE UP RULES STATING THEY CAN. SCREW CHASE BANK, BECAUSE THEY SCREW US!

Aug 05, 2010 2:04 am

I was a chase bank customer w/ 3 accounts (2 credit cards & 1 auto loan). I have been extremely diligent & consistant w/ paying all accounts on time. I was never late w/ one payment & often paid balances in full on the credit cards. A few weeks ago, Chase decided that because I co-signed on a loan over a year (which account has never defaulted) & had a bankruptcy over 9 years ago that they were going to cancel one credit card & lower my credit limit on the other from $5, 000 to $500. All of which go against my credit history & lower my credit score... I spoke to Chase customer service reps 3x & they acknowledged that I have maintained a perfect payment history on all accounts, have had co-signed loan for over a year w/ NO difficulties w/ payment, I was issued the cards 5 years ago w/ a flawless payment history but they consider me "too" much of a risk and decided to lower my credit card limit and cancel 1 account. (Not to mention since that bankruptcy in 2001 I have been flawless on ALL debt & accounts- Not 1 negative account since then). My credit score was 810 & has now dropped to 706. I'm anxious to pull my credit report next month to see any comments on those accounts. My point to my complaint is that despite them already having previous knowledge of my bankruptcy when the issued me cards, having an exceptional payment history (paid them $19, 700 in 2009 w/ NO problem always paying at least 5x more then min. payment if not paying total balance), NO derogatory history in over 9 years on any account... they decided I was a risk & took action which damaged my credit score. In my opinion they are a horrible lending agency penalizing individuals when they haven't even defaulted on anything... I just closed my surviving $500 credit card & I'm now looking to refinance my auto loan w/ another lender... will I NEVER DO BUSINESS w/ Chase AGAIN! I've read so many complaints about Chase... Consumer BEWARE!

B
Aug 05, 2009 2:04 am

raising payments and interest what is wrong with chase They have been the cause of all my financial worries. i use to make all payments on time for over 8 years then they raise everything and my credit score is going to go down down down. Its myself and my 12 years old son we recieve no state or federal assistance or child support I have chose to work for a living and pay my own way in life and now this. i was making all my payments just fine now im going deliquent! My son is a nervous wreck at age 12 seeing how this financial worry is getting to his mother. I know i charged them up and I was paying them but now doubling my payments so I default so they can raise my interst to 32.99 % ! Impossible Any advice or help anyone can suggest. I have now started to default on my us bank cards and bank of america due to this crazyness !

C

Min payment demand went from less than $300.a month to over $700 a month.
I have been a custermer since 2001 have never missed a payment or been late.

V
May 07, 2008 2:04 am

Chase does not like Black people. They were involved in Slavery, and they said that they would pay reparations. I don't know about you, but I want mine. Chase preys on Black people, well also Hispanic. They think you're really crazy. They can do horrible things to you. I don't see why the government can't stop them. Do You? These people are so corrupt and they just smile and lie right in your face. They focus on people that have equity in their homes and they will just come take it if you let them. Devilsl...

O
Jan 06, 2020 2:04 am

I just found out today that they don't like white people either. I will seek legal help tomorrow.

Sep 23, 2016 2:04 am

JP Morgan Chase is the most horrific heartless bank out there.
They closed my mothers account without notice. She is close to 90 and a holocaust survivor

Her social security and German pension checks were returned to their respective source causing a great deal of effort to retrieve them. All of her auto pays were bounced and it was only because she had some spare cash at home that she did not go hungry. This was done with 2 days warning and additionally her accounts were frozen. She is also legally blind.
Nazi Germany behaved much the same way.
Chase is ruthless and will stay away from them for the rest of my life. Mind you my mother was an account holder with them for close to gift years.
A lot of good that did.

They are despicable !

G
May 13, 2021 2:04 am

THIS DEEPLY SADDENED ME! UNFORTUNATELY THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY ERITREAN BORN MOTHER WHOM WAS BORN IN A CATOSTROPHIC WAR, I WOULD SAY WRITING A COMPLAINT TO THE BBB BUREAR IN THE US WOULD DO YOU FAR MORE JUSTICE! THEY ARE REQUIRED TO REPLY AND GIVE YOU A RESPONSED IE; FOLLOW UP. I AM HERE RESEARCHING THROUGH THE NIGHT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY MY MOTHER WHOM HAS BANKED WITH CHASE OVER 15 YEARS ACCOUNT WAS RANDOMLY CLOSED WHILE HER MORTAGE AND LIVELY HOOD IF ATTACHED TO THIS ACCOUNT

Aug 31, 2016 2:04 am

I agree 100% with ALL the complaints on here concerning Chase auto! As for the few idiots who state things on here like "you should pay your bills on time" etc., Just shut the hell up and stop feeding off your parents! People don't plan on being late on payments, but things happen to which they have no control over... I had a 780 credit score when i got my loan from chase, and regretted it ever since! We got the harrassing and rude calls as many others have, yes from early in the morning to late at night and it averaged around 7 calls a day. Plus they gave the "reposession" speech countless times... These people not only used profanity with me, but they also cussed my wife, and SHE WASN'T EVEN ON THE ACCOUNT! The Chase Auto reps we dealt with were/ARE genuine pieces of ###! Much like the rest of the people on here, i reccomend anyone even considering using Chase (for anything)...DON'T! It'll be in your best interest to go elsewhere!

R
Aug 26, 2016 2:04 am

I absolutely hate Chase Bank they are the most successful criminals out there today. I had a Wamu bank credit card the company was bought by Chase Bank while I was unemployed. As soon as Chase took over the *** began over limit + late on top of over limit. It went from $360 to over $1200. This was done purposely to make money. I had other credit cards I could not pay while unemployed None were as ruthless Chase with inflated charges almost 3x the original debt. During the time I was out of work I talked to many companies to make them aware of my situation and let them know I was doing everything I could to make arrangements/payments. The Chase representative was the Only one who had a "to bad so sad attitude". There were no offers to try and help. When I asked why the fees were so grossly inflated the representative said (loosely translated) "you know that's part of how credit cards work". Not all credit cards or the companies... and I can say that from experience.

Aug 19, 2016 2:04 am

Chase does not care about their customers. They have incompetent workers who lie to you to get what they want. BEWARE of them. I have been going through a loan modification with them for 4 months and they kept telling me to make trial payments, which I did, and then they go and deny my loan mod and turn me into the most delinqueint dept they have. WTF? They are only good for putting their hands out for money to the government and lie to them about helping out the unemployed and elderly people stay in their homes. WHAT A SHAME. The government should have let them gone bankrupt so they can get a taste of their own medicine. I hope Chase BAnk goes to hell!

Aug 18, 2016 2:04 am

I have been with chase for almost 6 years. Until 21/2 years ago my husband and I made our payments on time he was laid off and we fell months behind. We did a loan modification and at the end of the modification we were requested to pay the 2 months we were behind plus the 3 months on the modification at once. Well being that my husband was laid off and my salary was not enough to make the payments on my own we had to file chapter 13. He we are 2 years into our bankruptcy and someone chase claimed that we fell behind 3 months andwe had to go to court once again to work out a payment plan to repay the late payments. Our attorney went to court for us in December we were granted a 6 month stipulation to pay the late payments we have been on time with monthly mortgage payments and stipulation payments and guess what we get in the mail last month. Yes you guessed it a letter from their attorney saying that we defaulted on our payments. I had to gather all my bank statements of the stipulation and regular payments and forward to may attorney so she could prove that payments were made and taking from my bank account. In the mean time we were not allowed to make our April payment by Chase and they are directing us to our bankrutpcy attorney. So nowit seems that we are behind for April and now May for the regular mortgage payments. What kind of bull crap do Chase have up their sleeve? Why is it that they are trying to take people homes from them that are honestly trying to do everything they can to keep them and when you seek help and advice from them it takes them months to get back with you. This type of treatment is unfair and they keep getting away with it because they have the all the big bucks.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!

Aug 17, 2016 2:04 am

I got a mortage with Chase around 10 months ago and made all payments on time, but due to getting layed of for most of December, I tried to notify them to let them know that I was gonna fall behind. I wrote letters and got no response. I called the service number and it would not take my information. I finally called a new loan officer and after four attempts got through to someone. They claim they had my SNN incorrect on the files and computer and said they had it correct now . Five days later I tried to get on line and call to make a payment and no luck either way still will not take my info. Tired of fooling with this company.

Aug 16, 2016 2:04 am

I thought I was buying a $4.95 cd because I was considering doing data entry work from home. Instead, I was tricked into something else. There was a $87 charge on my credit card. I immediately informed my credit card company this was unauthorized.

I tried contacting Chase Morgan in every avenue I could, but they make themselves difficult to contact. I left messages on the only phone number I could find. I emailed and even wrote a formal letter and mailed it to their P.O. box. All stated that I wanted no part of this company. I never received a response.

I thought it was over (this happened in Dec. 2009), but they just charged my credit card again for $87 (March 2010). Again, I've notified my credit card company. They also re-sent the cds, which I am mailing back to them along with another letter.

Aug 12, 2016 2:04 am

I repeatedly requested my Motor Club account be cancelled (on every bill I received since July 2008) and indicated I didn't intend to pay for a service which I had asked to be cancelled. In addition, I made numerous calls to their 800 #. On every one of those calls, my call was dropped after I made my complaint or asked to speak with a manager. I find it very difficult to believe that their phone service is actually that bad. In April, 2009, I mailed a letter to the President of the bank explaining the facts and requesting his assistance in resolving my issues. I received no phone call or e-mail from him in response. I did, however, receive a letter from a collection agency yesterday, May 12, 2009. Does this seem like a coincidence? I guess fighting a huge bank is a lot like fighting City Hall!

Aug 12, 2016 2:04 am

Chase Bank, now JP Morgan/ Chase, had a marginal record on their credit card services in the past. My past experiences with them and their credit card services, billing dept. and regular issues encountered with them etc. left much to be desired. Their business and ethical practices left (and still leave) A LOT to be desired. Businesses and vendors that utilize Chase Bank for their credit card services should be avoided and boycotted, as this credit card provider leaves much to be desired all-around. NOT good at all nor acceptable at all, period!

I
Aug 11, 2016 2:04 am

I recently lost my job and fell 30 days past due on my auto payment. I contacted Chase to let them know and attempt to set up a temporary repayment plan to get caught up and avoid getting another payment behind. to my surprise they do not offer any assistance and if you make any payment other than what is due is will not change your status! I tried to be honest and upfront with them and because they will not deal with me at all I am fearful of losing my vehicle. I have never had a loan through such a horrible company. After talking with other friends and family I discover I am not the only one completely dissatisfied with this company.

I will never do any kind of business with them again.

Aug 04, 2016 2:04 am

I had my morgage refinanced with chase bank. Lately they have been charging me escrow shortage fees with some bogas math formula. My loan is fixed for five years yet they keep adding additional charges on the so called escrow shortage. I told them E I can't pay it anymore but their gouging of me continues. What can I do?

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1340 complaints