Chase BankClosed my account without notice

C Review updated:

I recently had a problem using my chase debit card while making a purchase. A few hours later I called the automated recording to check my balance since I knew I had available funds and to my surprise, the recording said I was negative $39 million dollars! I then called the banks 800 number and asked what happened. They then connected me with an "account specialist" who really had no answer for me. All she said was that "chase has made a decision to end the relationship with my account and will be closing it"! I said what!!! Why, whats the reason? No answer was given other than I will be getting a letter in the mail. I had a few transactions that had not cleared and she did not care about them and said, "well - they just wont get paid"
My wife then called also and they gave her the run around with no answers either! Finally, after the weekend passed my wife went into our local branch to speak with the bank manager and was a total #!
She said that she strongly suggested I keep our money there til our recent transactions cleared or we will get an overdraft. My wife said " you guys are the ones that are closing our accounts after being with the same account number for 15 years, through great western, wamu and now chase and they treat us like this!!! With no explaination?? I just also found out that 5 people I know had the same thing happen to them. And no answers either for them!! What the hell is going on here? Can anyone explain or have a theory or maybe happened to you as well??

• El
    Elaine Sigo Dec 05, 2020

This is regard to the closing of Chase bank in Lafayette Indiana. Now you have closed the second branch on the south and east side of Lafayette Indiana. You make it very inconivent for me to use your bank. I have long sence been a customer of chase. It seems like your customer inportance is loosing ground. Not at this time I will continue as a long standing user person will be using chase.

I am sure my comment will fall on deaf ears but just want to he heard.

Elaine W Sigo
    Lafayette Indiana

• My
    My experianced opinions May 07, 2020

On Friday 05/01/2019 after checking my statement for the CARE stimulus, I became aware my checking account was being hit with a reoccurring $25 (approximate) fee to which no articulation of what it actually was other than a fee since 04/30/2019. My statements are electronic & I pay all my bills from this checking account. I use telephone banking as my job always has me on the move & some locations do not have computers or Wi-Fi to use. After calling their customer service number, it was concluded that I had a checking account that required a higher minimum balance than expected, that somehow started to fine me ever since 04/2019. I was unsettled at the lack of reasonable notice as the fee reoccurred monthly for a whole year without communicating to me there may be a problem. The customer service credited back the last four months bringing it down below $300 & changed the checking to a basic checking account. I had asked for the remainder & was advised they could only do the last four months after being hung up on, then passed around & placed on hold for over an hour. I had conferenced the holding call while calling the customer service again to get an affirmative answer. I would've been a long standing customer since they where Wells Fargo & that's how they did me.

• Mr
    MrsVG Jan 02, 2020

UPDATE!
    So I called Chase support again since the elevated support never called me back.

What a surprise?!
    Lower support(In India) I think told me there was no overdraft, no overdraft history at all showing up.
    They said they have never seen such happen before.

I have screenshots of the online bank notifications showing the overdraft plus an ATM printout also showing the huge overdraft.

I'm almost happy they decided to close my account. I don't need fake overdrafts scaring me to death with my heart issues.

I'll never trust them again.
    Be wary people. Blessings

• Mr
    MrsVG Dec 23, 2019

Right here before Christmas too.
    I've happily banked with Chase for over 8 years.
    I'm fairly dirt poor and was using the account to pay bills.

They sent me an email that even with overdraft protection turned off some how I now show an overdraft of over $8, 000.00 !

I called and they said they would not even discuss any details on who or what created the overdraw.
    They also said that in 10 days they would force close my account.

It stinks, they seem to be hiding something. I didn't even have any credit left on the account before this happened and with overdraft turned off any purchases would just fail and be denied, so how can they allow an overdraft of 8 grand unless some bank employee stole it or Chase got hacked and trying to hide it
    I also had a Chase branded credit card on my account that I've been making good payments on and its due in 3 days.

I asked the Chase clerk on the phone if I can still make a deposit to at least cover my Amazon card and she said it would be grabbed to cover the overdraft.

So now Chase has screwed me 2x to the tune of $8 grand and about $500.00 by ruining my Amazon credit card too.

Congress needs to dig for answers.
    I'm going really high politically after the holidays. $8 grand I could have used in credit to buy a junk car since I'm carless too.
    Why is Chase abusing Seniors?

• Er
    EricGraham Jul 17, 2018

I've been a loyal credit card customer of Chase for years, and have never had a single late payment or any issues.

So when I recently moved and needed a new bank for my personal checking account, I naturally thought of Chase since there was a local branch just a few miles from my new home.

I opened an account online, and linked it to my credit card account with them. And began making deposits.

I used their app to make a remote deposit of a check a client sent me for $1275, and was informed that there would be a hold placed on the funds. Which was fine. I totally understand that is standard for most banks with a new checking account.

And I had around $2, 500 in the account anyway from my previous deposits that went fine with them.

A few days after the deposit, I went into my local branch to make a small $300 withdrawal (which there was more than enough funds to cover out of the $2500 above and beyond the deposit with the hold on it.)

After dealing with the teller for nearly 20 minutes she put me on the phone with someone else at Chase who said that my account had been "restricted" because of the $1275 deposit, and I couldn't access or withdraw ANY of my other $2500 in the account until the $1275 check cleared.

While I was obviously frustrated, I had no choice but to wait. A few days later I got a notification that the $1275 check was fine and had indeed cleared, so I went online to make a payment from my checking to my Chase credit card and was given an error message that the transaction could not be processed.

So I called Chase and after being bounced around for 30 minutes from person to person, I wound up on the phone with a very rude and condescending person in their "risk management" department who informed me that my account was being closed, I could never again FOR LIFE bank with Chase, and he refused to tell me WHY the account was being closed.

All he did admit was that all of my deposits had cleared just fine, I had not had any issues with a single bounced check or any other negative activity on the account... Just that I and my business were (for no stated reason) not welcome at Chase, ever, for life.

So now they are holding ALL of my funds hostage, no one will tell me if or when I will get my thousands of dollars in my account returned to me, and I just paid to order checks which are now worthless.

I've NEVER experienced anything this frustrating or infuriating when dealing with ANY company in my entire life, and the part that is worse than them screwing with my money is they won't even provide an explanation of WHY!

I have had a perfect history with them for YEARS as a credit card customer, have never had any issues with my checking accounts at other banks, yet I'm (for no reason) banned for life from banking with Chase?! (Not that after this experience I'd ever even consider banking or borrowing from them! And I'd recommend that anyone who does, get's your money out of their incompetent, and rude hands as quickly as possible!)

Mike Sweetack Sep 05, 2017

Chase Bank. in the summer of 2009, My a relative named Andy Sweetack fraudulent used my credit card, I was called while in Ohio with proof being there. I was on vacation.since I hadn't used my card in over a month. not to mention I paid on tie prior to dues date and over minimum Was eventually called by chase and I was advised i would't have to pay since the police arrested him and arrested him at ShopKo. I sent in my notification to dispute the charges by they were rejected I was told for some reason because we was a close relative, They never received my dispute, (which I did send) I was also told by the customer service they didn't have enough evidence it wasn't a scam. I had the police report proving it him being stolen, him admitting it and he served time . So I had to pay over a thousand to a debit collection that i paid back which I didn't owe in the first place.

Mike Sweetack Sep 05, 2017

Chase Bank. in the summer of 2009, My a relative named Andy Sweetack fraudulent used my credit card, i was called while in Ohio with proof being there. i was on vacation.since i hadn't used my card in over a month. not to mention I paid on tie prior to dues date and over minimum Was eventually called by chase and i was advised i would't have ti pay since the police arrested him and arrested him at ShopKo. i sent in my notification to dispute the charges by they were rejected i was told for some reason because we was a close relative, They never received my dispute, (which i did)i was also told they didn't have enough evidence it wasn't a scam i had the police report proving it him being busted, admitting it and he served time . so I had to pay over a thousand to tho 19

Andrew Good Aug 23, 2017

Just received a letter from JPMorgan Chase Bank closing my Business Account with them. WTF? The larger a company gets, the less they are willing to provide sub-standard customer service. WHAT A JOKE!!! I am in the process now of closing my accounts, re-financing my auto loan that they also hold and withdraw the $40, 000 in a personal account there as well.

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. - go pound sand!!!

• Je
    Jennifer Gossett May 16, 2017

Chase just closed my sons account. He has never had an over draft, bounced check or any fraud in his account. He was having trouble logging in to his online account so he called the help desk. They told him his account as been closed and he will not be allowed to do business with Chase in the future. I drove him to a branch, the lady helping us said she reviewed his account and sees no reason why his account would be shut down and she called her corp and they would not even tell her. We called the corporate office again and was told they have the right to refuse service without explanation. I will be closing my account with them as well. What a joke this bank is.

• Kl
    Klopp Jan 10, 2017

We Avenge the cheated
    We have helped over 27 different clients who can testify to our efficient and effective range of services. We have intervened in very pathetic situations how our ‘clients' have been ripped a huge sum of money and nobody seems to care or do anything about it. So a small group of ethical hackers have decided to help put an end to this. Pls spread the word, We will investigate the financial crimes and transactions thoroughly and also help you out with the task in ‘question'.. Contact. [email protected] .com or text +[protected]. We work 24hours round the clock.
    We will help you recover all that’s been lost with just a little information that we will require of you. We have a great success record and also an unbelievably superb clientelle. We as experienced Professionals understand how awkward or embarrassing it is reporting certain situations to the 'negligent Authority’. We guarantee getting you Justice on the dark web. Share your story with US
    [email protected]

• Do
    Domonique Alexander Jan 10, 2017

Wow 10 years later still the same problem. I've been with Chase for awhile and had two accounts. One of my accounts was overdrafted and the fees added up to about $100. This has happened in the past, and in the past no matter how long it has taken, it has been fine once I paid everything off. This time my account was closed without any notice, I simply logged on today to see that I was down to one. I'd at least liked to have had warning first, I understand they were at the end of their rope with me but that was quite a shock. I'm not sure what I'll do now. I also have PNC, however where I live there are no branches available, I have to pay extra anytime I take out money and I can't make ATM deposits. I don't feel safe with my remaining account however and I am somewhat worried. Switching to local banks where I life isn't really an option as most are small town and don't have apps that can do quick transfers or anything else. Unsure what I'll do int he future.

Joseph Fram Sep 23, 2016

JP Morgan Chase is the most horrific heartless bank out there.
    They closed my mothers account without notice. She is close to 90 and a holocaust survivor

Her social security and German pension checks were returned to their respective source causing a great deal of effort to retrieve them. All of her auto pays were bounced and it was only because she had some spare cash at home that she did not go hungry. This was done with 2 days warning and additionally her accounts were frozen. She is also legally blind.
    Nazi Germany behaved much the same way.
    Chase is ruthless and will stay away from them for the rest of my life. Mind you my mother was an account holder with them for close to gift years.
    A lot of good that did.

They are despicable !!!

• St
    SteveH. Aug 31, 2016

I agree 100% with ALL the complaints on here concerning Chase auto! As for the few idiots who state things on here like "you should pay your bills on time" etc., Just shut the hell up and stop feeding off your parents! People don't plan on being late on payments, but things happen to which they have no control over... I had a 780 credit score when i got my loan from chase, and regretted it ever since! We got the harrassing and rude calls as many others have, yes from early in the morning to late at night and it averaged around 7 calls a day. Plus they gave the "reposession" speech countless times... These people not only used profanity with me, but they also cussed my wife, and SHE WASN'T EVEN ON THE ACCOUNT! The Chase Auto reps we dealt with were/ARE genuine pieces of ###!!! Much like the rest of the people on here, i reccomend anyone even considering using Chase (for anything)...DON'T!!! It'll be in your best interest to go elsewhere!!!

• Rk
    Rkn73 Aug 26, 2016

I absolutely hate Chase Bank they are the most successful criminals out there today. I had a Wamu bank credit card the company was bought by Chase Bank while I was unemployed. As soon as Chase took over the *** began over limit + late on top of over limit. It went from $360 to over $1200. This was done purposely to make money. I had other credit cards I could not pay while unemployed None were as ruthless Chase with inflated charges almost 3x the original debt. During the time I was out of work I talked to many companies to make them aware of my situation and let them know I was doing everything I could to make arrangements/payments. The Chase representative was the Only one who had a "to bad so sad attitude". There were no offers to try and help. When I asked why the fees were so grossly inflated the representative said (loosely translated) "you know that's part of how credit cards work". Not all credit cards or the companies... and I can say that from experience.

• Su
    Surrounded Aug 19, 2016

Chase does not care about their customers. They have incompetent workers who lie to you to get what they want. BEWARE of them. I have been going through a loan modification with them for 4 months and they kept telling me to make trial payments, which I did, and then they go and deny my loan mod and turn me into the most delinqueint dept they have. WTF? They are only good for putting their hands out for money to the government and lie to them about helping out the unemployed and elderly people stay in their homes. WHAT A SHAME. The government should have let them gone bankrupt so they can get a taste of their own medicine. I hope Chase BAnk goes to hell!!!

Mickey's Girl Aug 18, 2016

I have been with chase for almost 6 years. Until 21/2 years ago my husband and I made our payments on time he was laid off and we fell months behind. We did a loan modification and at the end of the modification we were requested to pay the 2 months we were behind plus the 3 months on the modification at once. Well being that my husband was laid off and my salary was not enough to make the payments on my own we had to file chapter 13. He we are 2 years into our bankruptcy and someone chase claimed that we fell behind 3 months andwe had to go to court once again to work out a payment plan to repay the late payments. Our attorney went to court for us in December we were granted a 6 month stipulation to pay the late payments we have been on time with monthly mortgage payments and stipulation payments and guess what we get in the mail last month. Yes you guessed it a letter from their attorney saying that we defaulted on our payments. I had to gather all my bank statements of the stipulation and regular payments and forward to may attorney so she could prove that payments were made and taking from my bank account. In the mean time we were not allowed to make our April payment by Chase and they are directing us to our bankrutpcy attorney. So nowit seems that we are behind for April and now May for the regular mortgage payments. What kind of bull crap do Chase have up their sleeve? Why is it that they are trying to take people homes from them that are honestly trying to do everything they can to keep them and when you seek help and advice from them it takes them months to get back with you. This type of treatment is unfair and they keep getting away with it because they have the all the big bucks.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!

• Sp
    sportyred Aug 17, 2016

I HAVE HAD A HARDSHIP I CALLED THEM TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I WOULD BE LATE DUE TO THE PROBLEM AND ASKED WERE THERE SOMETHING I COULD DO TO RE FINACE MY HOME TO HELP BRING THE PAYMENTS DOWN. THE ANSWER WAS THAT YOUR PROPERTY VALUE IS DOWN AND YOU OWE MORE ON THE HOUSE THAN IT IS WORTH. I HAVE BEEN IN MY HOME 2 YEARS AND I FELT THAT I HAD BUILD UP SOME EQUITY THAT MIGHT HELP OUT, NOT AT THIS TIME BUT WE CAN SEND YOU SOME OTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP YOU WITH YOUR MORTAGE. WELL I RECIVE INFORMATION ON WE CAN HELP ASSIST YOU IN SELLING YOUR HOME. MY PAYMENT WENT UP A NOTHER $40.00 DOLLARS DUE TO THE SHORTAGE IN MY ESCROW FOR INSURANCES AND TAXES. THE PAYMENT WAS A LITTLE HIGH WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOME BUT I BOUGHT IT WITH THE INTENIONS OF BEGIN ABLE TO REFINANCE IN 2 YEARS NOW I AM STUCK WITH OVER A 1, 000 DOLLAR HOUSE PAYMENT WITH A COMPANY THAT I DID NOT CHOOSE I WAS BOUGHT OUT FROM UNITED HOME MORTAGE. AND I AM A UNHAPPY CAMPER RIGHT NOW DUE TO THE FACT I HAVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT UNTILL NOW AND EVERY WERE YOU TRY TO GET A LOAN MODIFICATION THEY ARE TRYING TO SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND YOU END UP IN FORECLOUSER. HELL_______________P

sandramotes Aug 17, 2016

I got a mortage with Chase around 10 months ago and made all payments on time, but due to getting layed of for most of December, I tried to notify them to let them know that I was gonna fall behind. I wrote letters and got no response. I called the service number and it would not take my information. I finally called a new loan officer and after four attempts got through to someone. They claim they had my SNN incorrect on the files and computer and said they had it correct now . Five days later I tried to get on line and call to make a payment and no luck either way still will not take my info. Tired of fooling with this company.

• Di
    diebi95 Aug 16, 2016

7/09 i recieved a demand letter asking for 2 payments plus almost 600 in late fees thinking it was a mistake i called as my payments on paid online and i have proof they were paid after being danced around...tons of phone calls to every number.you call one they tell you to call another a trip to my local branch.they send me to one 50 miles away they refer to the same number i started with. they have no number to corporate found one in ny they tell me its in there hands.nowthey say a payment was missed in 2/02.YUP 0/2 so they have reported me 80 times late yet we filed bankrupcy keeping our house in 7/02 and they reported no late or missing payments at this point i again called the number i was give just to rectify as im sick of being on the phone at 5am every morning and getting nowhere ps they say i need to reaffirm my loan but cant say how. because of this thats why according to them none of my statements ever showed a past due amount so now my credit is shot and yet they wont allow me to fix it...anyone want to file a class action cuz im sick of it

angel222 Aug 16, 2016

I thought I was buying a $4.95 cd because I was considering doing data entry work from home. Instead, I was tricked into something else. There was a $87 charge on my credit card. I immediately informed my credit card company this was unauthorized.

I tried contacting Chase Morgan in every avenue I could, but they make themselves difficult to contact. I left messages on the only phone number I could find. I emailed and even wrote a formal letter and mailed it to their P.O. box. All stated that I wanted no part of this company. I never received a response.

I thought it was over (this happened in Dec. 2009), but they just charged my credit card again for $87 (March 2010). Again, I've notified my credit card company. They also re-sent the cds, which I am mailing back to them along with another letter.

• Ka
    Karen Cline Aug 12, 2016

I repeatedly requested my Motor Club account be cancelled (on every bill I received since July 2008) and indicated I didn't intend to pay for a service which I had asked to be cancelled. In addition, I made numerous calls to their 800 #. On every one of those calls, my call was dropped after I made my complaint or asked to speak with a manager. I find it very difficult to believe that their phone service is actually that bad. In April, 2009, I mailed a letter to the President of the bank explaining the facts and requesting his assistance in resolving my issues. I received no phone call or e-mail from him in response. I did, however, receive a letter from a collection agency yesterday, May 12, 2009. Does this seem like a coincidence? I guess fighting a huge bank is a lot like fighting City Hall!

• Ar
    arikl76 Aug 12, 2016

I also have problems with Chase

• D
    D** Aug 12, 2016

Chase Bank, now JP Morgan/ Chase, had a marginal record on their credit card services in the past. My past experiences with them and their credit card services, billing dept. and regular issues encountered with them etc. left much to be desired. Their business and ethical practices left (and still leave) A LOT to be desired. Businesses and vendors that utilize Chase Bank for their credit card services should be avoided and boycotted, as this credit card provider leaves much to be desired all-around. NOT good at all nor acceptable at all, period!

• Jd
    J.D.eSquire Aug 12, 2016

I completely agree and add that the customer service representatives are uneducated, borderline illiterate, rude and patronizing.

• Is
    Ishek Aug 11, 2016

I recently lost my job and fell 30 days past due on my auto payment. I contacted Chase to let them know and attempt to set up a temporary repayment plan to get caught up and avoid getting another payment behind. to my surprise they do not offer any assistance and if you make any payment other than what is due is will not change your status! I tried to be honest and upfront with them and because they will not deal with me at all I am fearful of losing my vehicle. I have never had a loan through such a horrible company. After talking with other friends and family I discover I am not the only one completely dissatisfied with this company.

I will never do any kind of business with them again.

• Jk
    JKDE Aug 11, 2016

It's terrible you lost your job but it's not Chase's fault or problem. They expect to be paid on time for loaning you the money.

Martin2157 Aug 04, 2016

I had my morgage refinanced with chase bank. Lately they have been charging me escrow shortage fees with some bogas math formula. My loan is fixed for five years yet they keep adding additional charges on the so called escrow shortage. I told them E I can't pay it anymore but their gouging of me continues. What can I do?

• Rp
    RPSona Jul 28, 2016

I received a letter today from Chase that it is closing all my business accounts. I have been with Chase business for 12 years, I have my personal account with them for 20 years, I have other business accounts with Chase as well. All in very good standing. No problems ever. ON calling them, they would not give me a reason, just very rude. State that they reviewed my account and can no longer maintain. Even if they bend over backwards, they cannot find anything wrong with the account. I am so pissed. I want to take legal action against them. I hope no one ever opens an account with Chase ever.

• Mo
    mombutterfly Jul 13, 2016

Chase held 2 payments that I made for more than 20 days, then "accidentally" posted them to my escrow account, where there was no shortage. This made it look like I was 2 payments behind. Meanwhile, they insisted that I never made my payments to begin with, even after my bank called them and said that they had cleared the funds to Chase. Soon, they started foreclosure proceedings, at the same time telling me that they would resolve the issue. Every time I called, I spoke to someone new, who usually couldn't find my file. Eventually it was discovered that they had held my payments for so long that they went into my escrow. I was told that they couldn't reimburse my principal and interest account, due to the way that the funds are so " diversely applied." I asked how they were going to fix it, since it looked like I was behind in payments, and they had started foreclosure proceedings against me. They claimed that they couldn't "just stop" a foreclosure complaint once it started, and that they would have to re write my loan. Bear in mind that I would have never chosen Chase as my bank, they bought my mortgage from Wilmington Finance. I was also informed that I qualified for a reduced payment through Obama, and that this would cut my payments in half. I briefly saw a ray of hope shining through the smoke that Chase was blowing in my direction. A year later, after paying on time my new payment every month and waiting for underwriting to complete the paperwork ( and by the way, twice during that time I was told that their accounts manager "personally flagged" my account for being 2 months behind, when I was 2 months ahead...wait! That sounds familiar! Isn't that what started this whole mess to begin with???!!!We actually had to count together over the phone like we were in kindergarten each payment with each month for them to see that I was ahead! Gee, I wish I had had that opportunity the first time around!) I was told that they couldn't fix the problem, and that I didn't qualify for any programs that Chase has to offer, and that they want the other half of all the payments that I made over the last year since they wouldn't be re writing the mortgage( a sum of over 12, 000.00). They could break this huge payment into 2 convenient monthly installments, but if I can't pay, they will foreclose...Now I was sent a letter that I might qualify for a short sale program, where it is possible that I could agree to sell my home for less than I owe, receive 10, 000.00, and no longer be responsible. when I called about this offer, I asked how I find out if I qualify. I was told that if I got that letter saying that its possible that I may qualify, consider myself qualified. I was also told that there would be no contracts for me to sign or proof of our agreement. When I asked how I would know that Chase would honor any agreements that we might make, they informed me that the offer letter saying that i MIGHT qualify was all I needed. HMMMMMMM...

Nogai Jun 22, 2016

I found my dream home in July. It was on the market for $85, 000 and I jumped at the chance to own this beautiful property. The seller accepted my offer and the only hurdle left was Chase. Chase was apparently still appraising the house when I looked at it and after I made my offer of $80, 000 they came back and told me that the house was worth $146, 000 according to their BFO. At that point, I was ready to just move on but my realtor and the realtors that had initally listed the house didn't feel right about the increase and wanted to stick it out for just a bit longer. I REALLY wanted this house so I said ok. September and October went by with barely any word despite my asking for updates or even just a “Hello no thanks” but then, the day before Thanksgiving, a Chase representative contacted the initial realtors and mine and told them that they would accept my offer BUT I had to close by December 31st. PERFECT timing seeing as I need to be out of my apartment by then. Since my offer had been accepted I figured I'd happily turn in my 30 days to my apartment and get packing. 3 days later, Chase decides that the initial BFO was far to old to still be valid so they should do another one, just to be safe. Well, it's now December 21st and on December 19th, they decided that their new BFO was about the same, they wouldn't disclose the exact amount but they said it's “close”. So now, I am left potentially homeless. I can't impose on my family to take me in, my friends mostly live too far away and I can't really afford a hotel until I find another house or apartment. It's really frustrating and I can't understand how that's even ok or legal but I guess since it was a verbal thing I'm totally screwed. I did send a few Chase representatives a smart alecky email but at this point I'm so frustrated and panicking about where I'm going to be in 10 days that I don't know what else to do. I will be looking for another house but there's no way I'm going to be closed and moved in in that period of time and I really REALLY don't want to make a decision based on a time crunch. I know that there's no legal recourse for me because them telling me my offer was accepted was entirely verbal but I just want to get my story out there so no one else ends up in my situation.

wildboaraza Jun 17, 2016

Not prone to getting sidetracked off the one focus issue originally posted here.
    Foul minded mouths are not a part of productive society structure. However, this is how Chase views foul people, with favoritism towards them; a uniquely Chase reply to a complaintant. Time is money for me.

• Re
    RestlessHeart Jun 17, 2016

What the hell is it you're complaining about?

wildboaraza Jun 17, 2016

Just one of these young drugger punk clerks for Chase responding.Nothing special.

wildboaraza Jun 17, 2016

Chase is ###ed up. A man, no relative of mine, but life partner, with whom they are playing AT the same games they use on anywhere mortgages of homes. But for a way used, high mileage former business vehicle(man now very sick, disabled) that will be paid of by the end of this year. Chase will not collect early, on this MAN requesting of them to put one missed payment(high hundreds of dollars not covered by AARP that the MAN can't pay in full, no way) at the END of the loan this year. I BLAME the harrassing bank on Easter Weekend and will smear post them all over the internet. I have not ever been silenced, let alone for this disabled MAN.Wishing the people push all of Chase divisions under, with one of the worst reputations in the fraud industry, also. They NEVER reduce principle on residential loans, neither.I KNOW that from my Daughter in IL and many, many others following them daily online.
    We also have a non-caring Attorney General, Goddard, AZ that needs to be smacked by online exposure. Go for their throats and DIY minus Chase and Goddard.

Jane Doe Jun 03, 2016

I alerted Wamu, now Chase Bank (JPMorgan) that the clients security had been breached. I explained to them that the cleaning people had been stealing the identity of the clients because each night they left their files on our desk and they were not secure.

At the time I thought they would be happy that I reported this issue, instead they attacked me, they attacked my religion, my mental and physical history, and they unleashed a insane insult on me.

At the time I had no idea that they would do this to me, the issue resulted in me being hospitalized and I lost every thing that I had. Please be aware of Chase Bank, as most identity thief occurs with the company.

• Cr
    Crier Jun 03, 2016

I am impressed that you spoke with a Supervisor... after over 2weeks I am still waiting to be called by a Supervisor in the CLAIMS department!!!

HOW CHASE BANK AND COLUMBIA HOUSE STOLE CHRISTMAS

On August 8, 2008 I purchased some DVDs from Columbia House, the order came to $35.84. The order was shipped missing an item after many emails and phone calls to them I finally got my remaining item but they charged me an additional three times for that one item. After another round of calls and emails I finally chalked it up to a bad experience that I would learn a lesson from.

On October 11.2008 I logged into my checking account to find that I had two pending charges of $99.76 from Columbia House! I immediately called Chase Bank 800 where I spoke to a wonderful supervisor Pat, whom advised that as they were still pending she had been able to reverse them. As a caution she advised that they could submit again as long as they had my card number and provided me the number to the Chase Claims Department.

Immediately I began trying to contact Columbia House via their email process on their website - to this day they have NEVER responded to the dozens of emails that I have sent regarding this issue. Calls are answered by someone not qualified to handle the matter, so a supervisor will need to return your call and that NEVER happens either.

I tried to remove my card information from their site, which the site does not allow you to do! You also can not remove the check mark in the box allowing them to use that information for any future shipments and charges! In frustration I changed the billing information on the card to Big Bird, 123 Sesame Street, New York NY 10001

On October 14, 2008 they again debited my checking account for $99.76 which resulted in CHASE Bank charging me $75.00 and $32.00 for insufficient funds fees.

I contacted CHASE Bank filed a claim and closed that debit card (as they would not file the claim other wise). I provided them with screen shots showing no purchases, no shipments, no pending orders since the August fiasco and was advised by Angel that CHASE Bank would be crediting back the charge and any related insufficient funds fees.

Initially they did credit back the $99.76 and the $75.00 for insufficient funds. CHASE refused to credit the $32.00 as Donnell advised me because a previous request had been made (the $75.00) within a 12-month period.

On November 20, 2008 CHASE bank reversed themselves and took the $99.76 and the $75.00 from my checking account. I contacted CHASE Claims Department on 11.21.2008 and was advised by Judy that she would re-open the claim and I would receive that information shortly. Several hours later there was still no information received. Again I contacted CHASE claims where upon Andre advised me that I would need to speak with a supervisor whom was currently on another call and would need to call me back.

To date there has been no communication from Judy or Andre’s supervisor, maybe CHASE has Columbia House train the employees in their Claims Department!

Thanks to Grinches at COLUMBIA HOUSE and CHASE BANK there will be no Christmas in our household this year. The theft of over $200.00 from my account by these two supposedly reputable companies has ended any possibility of a celebration of any kind in my household

BE WARNED AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE ELSE

• Valerie Jun 03, 2016

Chase charged me a $30 late fee because I paid my bill 8 days early! I have never paid them late, my payments are ALWAYS early and always at least 2-3 times what the min payment is! When I called to straighten out the matter, the staff was not at all helpful or sympathetic, nor was the "Supervisor" I spoke to. I was told my previous 2 payments had been applied to one statement b/c my payment was 8 days early, and there was NOTHING they could do about it because it was not a bank error!

DO NOT use Chase for you credit card/financial needs!

• Je
    Jenn Luten May 24, 2016

This is a horrible bank..first time i went in there, they were having a meeting on banking hours with no one at all to see the customer. Shouldve known then how things would be. Was with my baby had little gas and needed diapers. Went to withdraw money said call customer service. So i went in the bank and they said they were ending me as a customer. They would not tell me why..This is not the way to run a business..chase is going down..and I'm gonna tell everyone about this bank!!!

• Ca
    cantrell strauther Apr 21, 2016

I am so surprised to read these comments, i wish i had seen them BEFORE i decided to open up an account with chase. i am LIVID!!! I have been a customer with chase for over 10 years (checking ) and i have had high school and college checking accounts tied to my account. Last week, my younger son attempted to use his debit card that i had recently (same day ) sent a transfer to for 50.00, he went into a chase branch and attempted to use the card at the cash station, it said declined, he called me i came to the bank to find out what was going on, the teller seemed surprised as she did not understand, it was showing her that his account was RESTRICTED and my account was fine, she gave him the money over the counter and said she would check into the issue with my sons card and give me a call back on monday. That same evening i tried to use MY debit card at a local grocery store, the transaction was declined and i just brushed it off and decided to call the bank the next morning on saturday, when i called customer service i spoke to an ignorant unprofessional person who says “chase has decided to sever the relationship….” some old ###, i was looking at my phone like, excuse me??? i hung up called the branch back, she told me that MY account was fine and to ask the customer service person to take the restriction off of MY account ( i could not access online banking, atm) after several attempts i asked her to give me info to a sunday branch, she was very nice and gave me the info, i went to the branch on the next day ( sunday), livid….again he could not tell me what was going on, he seemed just as surprised as the other branch lady, he attempted to call to find out what was going on, he finally told me that MY account was not closed and he would issue me a new debit card and would check on the other stuff and call me back monday… here we are WED the following week and i still haven’t heard anything, i still cant access my online banking, so i just called customer service again, spoke with a supervisor with no more info than i had at first….IT IS MAKING MY BLOOD BOIL that no one can tell me WHY my son’s account was closed, i wanted to speak to a MANAGER, i screamed discrimination (since there is NO OTHER POSSIBLE REASON FOR MY ACCOUNT TO BE CLOSED INVOLUNTARILY) so they transferred me to the EXECUTIVE office and again all canned responses i filed a “case” with them and they said they will have a specialist look into it. I am exhausted with CHASE…..i am PISSED right now. I just cant BELIEVE Chase would treat their customers like this. I would be satisfied with their decision if they could at least tell me why, since they have no reason to do this, there has not been any fraud, overdrafts or nothing, i mean the bank should be able to tell me WHY they are closing the account, especially if its for MY protection, but i guess its some shady ### going on with chase

• Dg
    dg777 Apr 07, 2016

They want to rip of rewards all the time.