Chase Auto Financeillegal practices

My husband and I leased a car through Chase Auto Finance, at the end of the lease we were slapped with $1400 is over milage charges. The dealer from whom we purchased the car never gave us a copy of the contact with Chase (we had a copy of a contract with Wells Fargo only, which clearly listed we leased a car with 15k miles per year). I agreed to make payment arrangements with them and was told that after 100 days I would be sent to collections even though I was making payments.

In addition, they would call and harrass us asking when we would be sending a check, the amount and check number. Good luck with their End of Lease Department. They are total jerks and cannot even send a fax face page up!

• Mz
    mztialady Aug 24, 2012

I know I am going to get flack for this, but here goes. Statements are a courtesy. When you sign your contract, you are agreeing to make a certain payment on a certain date. It is not the company's responsibility to remind you to pay for the car that you likely drive everyday. I have a hard time believing that it never crosses your mind as you are driving your car that it is not paid in full and you need tomake the payment. Before you ask, no, I do not work for Chase. I just believe in responsibilty and personal accountability. Yes, I have had a hard times before, yes I have forgotten a payment, but I understand it is my problem not the company i am dealing with.

• Je
    Jerome1224 Jan 19, 2012

My wife and I a had loan with chase Auto finance car was reposessed even though we were current with loan. called 10-15 spoke to reps who lied, did not return calls and in general had terrible attitude. Am now receiving calls from rep who demands payment of balance. Hard to believe that they can get away with this type of stuff. The vehicle that we had loan for provided us transportation to take wife to and from therapy while he recovers from heart surgery and traumatic brain injury. Never dealt with a company like this, they are the worst!!!

• Cr
    crapped-on -customer Sep 16, 2011

Paid off our 2017 chevrolet hhr-recieve paper title in mail that reflects title is overlapped by yet another title-and is reflective that chase is still lienholder—electronically also the same information was sent to dmv—yet chase claims theres nothing they can do—been to state police and floridas dmv-who all reaffirm this is chases responsibility to correct this info asap. Calls taken by overseas call reps have gotten nowhere-personal visits to chase branch in miami did no good-asa rep there just calls same type of call center with lady telling me its up to us to get a new vehicle title-yet one cannot even do anything when dates are false-information is false—this is the biggest sham we have ever come across regarding simple documentations process—i woul;d never do business with these people again—and we got a 06'chevy that we cant even have accurate documentation on-let alone drive it.

• Cr
    crapped-on -customer Sep 16, 2011

PAID OFF OUR 2017 CHEVROLET HHR-RECIEVE PAPER TITLE IN MAIL THAT REFLECTS TITLE IS OVERLAPPED BY YET ANOTHER TITLE-AND IS REFLECTIVE THAT CHASE IS STILL LIENHOLDER---ELECTRONICALLY ALSO THE SAME INFORMATION WAS SENT TO DMV--YET CHASE CLAIMS THERES NOTHING THEY CAN DO--BEEN TO STATE POLICE AND FLORIDAS DMV-WHO ALL REAFFIRM THIS IS CHASES RESPONSIBILITY TO CORRECT THIS INFO ASAP.CALLS TAKEN BY OVERSEAS CALL REPS HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE-PERSONAL VISITS TO CHASE BRANCH IN MIAMI DID NO GOOD-ASA REP THERE JUST CALLS SAME TYPE OF CALL CENTER WITH LADY TELLING ME ITS UP TO US TO GET A NEW VEHICLE TITLE-YET ONE CANNOT EVEN DO ANYTHING WHEN DATES ARE FALSE-INFORMATION IS FALSE--THIS IS THE BIGGEST SHAM WE HAVE EVER COME ACROSS REGARDING SIMPLE DOCUMENTATIONS PROCESS----I WOUL;D NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN--AND WE GOT A 06'CHEVY THAT WE CANT EVEN HAVE ACCURATE DOCUMENTATION ON-LET ALONE DRIVE IT.

• Hu
    Hung Out To Dry Mar 28, 2011

We paid off our car, a 1995 Honda Civic, in Dec. of 2017, but Chase Auto FInance REFUSES to release the title to us, stating that the account is "closed" (duh! It is closed because it was paid off). The customer service reps are rude, ignorant and unwilling to help. They cannot give us any information on the title because the account is closed...every one you talk to gives you the run around and refuses to answer any questions. They are unlawfully holding on to the title, and there is nothing we can do about it apparently.

NEVER finance through Chase AUTO Finance!!!

• Tr
    Trvkell Mar 28, 2011

Sorry to hear you had to endure a repo as you discribed.
    The problem is that the Repo person or agent does not work directly for Chase, Chase and other large companies use contracted agents to do repos.
    Now the repo agent could be considered and agent of Chase however making Chase liable for their actions would be a stretch, it would be hard to make Chase accountable for a persons actions even if it is illegal.
    Now were you might have a complaint is by calling the police to report an attempted breakin by the repo agent and then report it to Chase, I'm sure Chase would not hire them the next time for the reason they would be liable the next time this repo agent does this to another person.
    I take it that you have missed payments on your vehicle, if you have then Chase has the right to collect the property.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles

• Ti
    Timtal Mar 28, 2011

My complaint runs first by constant harrassment by collectors 7 days aweek starting at 7:30 in the morning and going till about 9:30 at night. We finally just stopped answering the calls. Both of us(Spouse) and I are disabled. Chase has been very rude and nasty to us. We would make 1 payment and they would call again the next day again from 7:30 on demanding the next payment. To make a long story short a repo agent (Female) started beating on our door thismorning demanding entrance to our garage. My wife said no and she said she would call the police and get us into all kinds of trouble for lying to her. She then insisted on seeing me. I have a heart condition and my wife told her that but she refused to accept that. as my wife was coming back to the house to get me the repo gal tried to kick the door in as my wife was shutting it to get me. I had immediate heart related pain and the officer here had to call the ambulance for me. I had thought about maybe going ahead and just giving it back but after this mornings episode I think an attorney is in order. is there anyone else in Kansas that has had to go thru this stuff. Also are there any class action suits we could join regarding their tactics?

• slcody Mar 10, 2011

Tbants1 you are such a dumb [censor].

• Tb
    Tbants1 Mar 10, 2011

Ha! you deserve it, pay your bills, keep a reserve of cash for events like this and maybe just mayber we wont have to bail you out with taxpayer money cause you cant stop having kids you fatty.

• Tb
    Tbants1 Mar 10, 2011

If you would have paid your bill on time this wouldnt have happend would it? So your poor excuse of CHASE screwing up is actually you not knowing how to take care of your own personal business, not CHASE right? You cant even complain correctly.

• Be
    becky v Mar 10, 2011

Less than 6 hours ago, I sent chase over 2017.00 for my truck that was taken from my driveway last sat. Night. I have been trying to get my truck since mon. I never delt with the same rep.in trying to fullfill chase's request/demands mon turned into tues. Now it's fri, they have my money and my truck is someware in nashville. Which was put on a truck after I told the last rep that I wasn't paying it off, I would pay for "past due, as well as this may payment (Due on 5/24). One rep said all of my paper work was fine, another said they have yet to recive (Sent 4 times in same day). Spoke to a number of"off shore"reps. One told me all I needed to pay was 215.00 then it went to 3330.00and so on. I requested info in writing... We don't do that. The last rep I spoke to told me this wouldn't have happened if I had taken care of this"on the 10th, or11th. I asked him if he had seen that I was trying to get this taken careoff... He said yes, not our problem.
    In dec. I went on a differnt pymnt plan. All reps said they saw the info.. Had my check and payment info.
    At this point in time, I really don't know what to do. They knew I was working to get this taken care of. I understand large call vol, few reps. But this has gone to an extreme. Even with partial info on mon. There was no reason this wasn't taken care of tues. I even took yesterday and today off. When I told this to another "off shore" rep. The response was "there was no reason for you to miss work, everything is fine" and the classic "don't you worry, no need to worry, I will take care of this. Gee, if I din't take off, who knows where my truck would have ended up don't know if I still have a job, can't make extra money cutting grass, can't haul hay to my horses.

• Mj
    mjb56 Jan 01, 2011

It's time to report Chase to your State Attorney Generals Office.

• Mj
    mjb56 Jan 01, 2011

Similarly, I've had the same problem with Chase. Harassing, rude phone calls. Rude service people. I'm not sure they even speak English. Sounded like a foreign call center. Chase auto finance sucks! They demanded that payment be made over the phone. I told them I don't do phone payments. They persisted. I told them they were harassing me and to stop immediately. They were still babbling on about phone payment. I hung up. They are the most obnoxious pieces of [censor] I've ever dealt with.

• Gl
    Glenn from Wallingford Oct 05, 2010

I recently (Sept. 23, 2017) paid Chase Auto Finance $18, 000 to close my loan with them in order to resell my vehicle. Since that time, I have got nothing but runaround from Chase Customer Service in regards to obtaining my title. Several phone calls have been met with "We have a research team working on it" but no title as of October 5, 2017. I was even told on the 29th of Sept. that my title had been sent to me via Fed-Ex but found that to be a lie. Chase was nice enough to send me a letter on the 27th of September stating my account is satisfied and even sent a check for overpayment but no title. I was told three separate times that a supervisor would be contacting me but still no call. I have even received the cleared check back in the mail meaning Chase has deposited the funds sent to them. Chase is the worst in regards to customer service and taking care of those who are on time with their payments. I will NEVER apply for any type of Chase loan or credit card as a result of this experience.

P.S.- Go Steelers

magdalpat Jul 01, 2010

I have been sick with a tumor and had a med procedure done 2 months ago. During this time we have fallen behind on our bills including our car payment with JP Morgan. My husband has been in contact with an agent from chase and they said they would try to work out a hardship deferral for us and we would still behind a payment plus late charges but we could pay that and bring current. Tues a woman came to the door and served my husband with court papers from chase telling us to appear in court in sept 2017 to turn the vehicle in or pay 19000.00 to pay off the loan. when my husband called to try to understand what was going on they said they would not work with us the agent did not post anything about a deferral on our account so there is nothing we can do, they did say we could pay them 4800 but we don’t owe that amount when my husband ask why so much they said it is 2 payments plus late charges. I am shocked and distraught and do not know what to do. I cannot believe in a time when families are struggling that a company like JP Morgan could be so cold they are completely refusing to work with us.

• Am
    amy guillory Apr 29, 2010

yes i understand that my dad have a truck with them and he was 9 day late and chase bank keep calling. there r something else after i pay them out they don.t have to worry about me .. my dad is trying to make the payment so i make it for him they still call after you there them when you r going to pay them .. they don;t give people a chane.. but one day god will shut them down god always said what you do to people it will always come back, , i told my dad just pray on it it will get better

• In
    In My Opinion Apr 28, 2010

Something to remember … Your loan is most likely Simple Interest …. Which means that your payments are calculated on your making them ON or BEFORE the due date. Because you are constantly running late .. additional interest has accrued. Depending on what your Interest Rate is .. will determine how much more you will owe.

Don’t be surprised when you have a large balloon payment due at the end of your regular scheduled payments.

• Je
    jerry ellis Apr 11, 2010

Chase bank is the worst financial institution I have ever dealt with I have repeatedly asked for help such as refinancing or even a lower intrest rate and have got nothing but rude harrassing attitudes every time. I am self employed for over 14 years have had a good buisness until the last 8 months the recession is really taking a toll on my buisness our income has been reduced my half and is out of our hands never ever had a late payment until this time frame. Every time I have spoke with a chase rep about my payment the time frame I give them as to make my payment is never good enough the call me up to 25 times a day until 9 pm at night I am sick of the harrassment. I can talk to them set up a payment and 10 minutes later the phone rings again. I have asked them to refinance to get my payment down a little so I know I can pay ontime and got told we do not refinance our own loans. Asked for a reduction in intrest rate can't do that either. I asked them if they would rather repossess instead of working with me to get back on track and got told if you don't pay the payment we will come get it. I am tired of the ignorance, rudeness, and harrassment. I have never been over 30 days late and just can't turn over enough money in my buisness fast enough to get caught back up.

• Ph
    Phillip M Fascetti Mar 28, 2010

I need help!
    Lost the buyout letter from Chase almost 8 years ago.
    They sent us the lein release, but we have been unable to get the buyout letter that show that Michigan taxes were paid on the sales price. The state says we can get a title but we would have to pay sales tax again since we can not show that Chase paid them for us.
    It was originally a lease car that we purchased after the lease was up.
    We have been trying to get chase to send us the buy out letter so we can get a title and sell the car for almost 4 months.
    What is wrong with Chase Auto Finance?

NO ICU Mar 27, 2010

On numerous occasions Chase Auto Finance has been very rude and vulgar with me .I'm not a bad customer when I pay my car payment each and every time I have paid well over the amount due.I'm not 30 plus days due at any time .I've heard everything from my credit is bad so that is why I'm being harrassed and they call sometimes three times a day when I am only two days past due.WHY? Had I known how rude they were I would have gotten my loan somewhere else...I had other options and wish now i would have taken them.I'm so frustrated with this particular company that I feel like giving them the car back b/c they are rude and nasty .

• Bb
    bbash Mar 19, 2010

This just happened to me as well. I paid off my car 2 1/2 years early on 2/9/10. I went online and canceled the 2/15/10 payment, because that is what th website directed me to do, so there would be no overlap on the next scheduled payment. So I paid it off on 2/9/10 and no "normal scheduled payemnt" was withdrawn in February. Today 3/19/10 I log in to my online banking and see that a payment has been withdrawn on 3/15/10. Called was told to mail my bank statement to their "research department"...caused a stir...said I could fax the statement...would I get confirmation that they received it ...by mail in 7 business days...then I would receive a check in the mail...so you can take my money electronically but you can't give it back the same way...rep really started giving attitude when I ask if I would be receiving interest on my money that they have been playing with.

• Do
    done9623 Mar 09, 2010

Same here similare situation but they are telling me my bank refused to honor the payment. I contacted the bank Chase never even tried to post the payment. My bank has no transaction ever being submitted by chase, but chase yes they tried three times to put it thru. I am contacting the Attorney General and my lawyer. I had a bank account with them and always received overdrafts fees cause they would hold payments for weeks.

james30 Feb 27, 2010

This complaint was very helpful to me. It confirmed that we have been lied to multiple times by chase as well.. I work nights and sleep during the day my spouse works 12 hour days and does not have time to spend the 30 minutes on the phone it takes to deal with these jokers. We asked several times about automatic decuct and were told they could not do that. Obviously they were willing to do it for someone that no longer owed them money.

• De
    Deacon's mom Feb 15, 2010

We purchased a Ford Mustang in 2017, and financed it through Chase Auto Finance. We were never late on a payment until this past spring when we both had our hours cut at work. When we got behind by a couple of weeks, the calls started, 5 to 7 a day. Even if we made our payment, they would call every day. We asked to have the 'late' payment placed at the end of our loan. We thought this to be fairly common practice. We were rudely refused. Every month, more late fees, due to this one payment that we had been late on, because they considered every payment late after that. The calls increased, at one point over 20 a day. Most times no one would be on the line. If they WERE there, they were rude, demanding we send payment now. One guy even told my husband that they were calling JUST to harrass us. 2 weeks ago I called to get a payoff, and they refused to give me an amount. Said that I had to get caught up first. I said "I'm paying the entire car off tomorrow". It took 4 calls before they would give me the amount. When I called the next day to pay it off, the amount had gone up. "Interest" I was told. $2.50, overnight! I said I didn't care, just send me my title. We'll see how long it takes to get that! Every time the phone rings, my 3 year old says CHASE! How sad is that? I wrote them 2 letters, and I told them I might just be one person, and don't make a bit of difference to them, but I WILL tell every single person I can what a horrible experience I had with them.

• Lc
    lcogginzsc Feb 15, 2010

Traded a vehicle on 1/6/10 that was financed through Chase, and went with another lender on the new vehicle. Called Chase on 1/7/10 and cancelled the auto-draft payment from my bank account. No payment was drafted in January so I thought everything was fine. On 2/12/10 Chase drafted my account, AFTER the account had been paid off by the dealer in January.

I called Chase on Monday 2/15 to demand a refund for the money they took that I did not owe them. They unsympathetically advised that a check would enter processing for me on 2/25. I asked them if I had it straight - they took my money immediately, but were refusing to give it back for three weeks (or more - we'll see how long this takes). I advised them this was an unacceptable way to do business.

This is THEFT, people. You took my money that I did not owe, and you are refusing to give it back. This morning I have filed complaints with the BBB, the FTC, and my congressman, and advised Chase of this in writing.

Do NOT finance anything through Chase. Be forewarned, they will steal your money when they think you're not looking.

• Ro
    rosebud1003 Feb 11, 2010

I totally agree. These people are worse than 100 Hyenas over 1 lion cub. I received a phone call from a chase employer credit collector. My car loan was 25 days past due. I did not know this I do not pay the car loan. This chase employee whose name is Morgan and I.D. # E259443 continued to harrass me on the phone after explaining I was overdrawn on my personal account and could not pay this payment. I gave him my husband's cell phone number who was at work at the time and unable to answer the phone. This so-called human named Morgan (employee # E259443) expected me to call someone right then and there and get the money from God only knows who. I told him I had no one to call however, maybe he should call our president of the United States to get the money from since he bailed out of the banks so he could keep his job unlike the majority of us in America. After saying this he informed me that he was marking my account as uncooperative to pay. I told him do what you think you need to do and God Bless Your Soul.

On another note, I have a second car loan through U.S. Bank. I had gotten behind on it 4 months after falling on hard times. The employees there were very sweet and understanding. They informed me that they were willing to work with me however possible. The only other phone call I received from them was a courtesy call reminding me of their deposit of a over the phone posted dated check I gave them. That was in November 2017 and I am still about 30 to 45 days past due and each month they give me a courtesy call to see if I am able to make some sort of payment.

The odd thing is I have my checking and savings account with Chase. After my conversation with the most rudest bill collector I have ever encountered, you can bet on it that I will be at chase bank in the morning closing both my accounts.

Laura

• Da
    daisyadair Feb 09, 2010

I had a similar situation. I made my first payment two days before the due date online and it took 2 weeks to be cleared by the bank. Instead of paying fees online or by phone for my 2nd payment, I went to the bank. Its kind of out of the way but its worth it if you can do it. You get a receipt and the account is updated right away. An added bonus is that the people at the bank are much more professional and friendly. Sorry this happened to you.

• Se
    Serafina30 Feb 02, 2010

I have had my Subaru for almost 20 months and I am now wishing I had researched this company more before doing business with them.

I am pregnant with my second child and due to severe complications was pulled from work but was waiting for my disability to be approved (which was about 90 days). During that time, I called Chase to advise them I wasn't receiving a paycheck and I knew I couldn't afford December's payment and would there be anyway to "tack it on" to my last month's payment. I was informed by Glenn who said they do NOT work with people, you either pay the bill or someone would be at my house to get my car. He also told me that they would call everyday that I was late and that the company would make sure to take the car in front of me and my 2 year old. When I asked for a supervisor, he hung up on me.

I called by and spoke to Mary, and when I told her I had never been late on a payment and I really wanted to work something out before I became late, she said that Chase doesn't work with people, you either pay or you lose your car. I couldn't believe for one month, nothing could be done. When I again tried to explain my situation and told her we were living on my husband's paycheck and I had a mortgage to pay and utilities, she told me what would I rather have my car or house. She said pay those late, it will take them a month to shut off my utilities and 2 months to start foreclosure proceedings. When I asked for her supervisor, I was again disconnected.

The bottom line is, do your research before signing with any company.

chase sucks yes they do Jan 11, 2010

I totally agree with you, they are the WORST company to deal with. very rude and direspectful.
    I WILL NEVER BANK WITH CHASE AGAIN...I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS..

J.A. Smith Dec 21, 2009

Several months ago I switched to paperless statements with Chase Auto Finance. The first month I posted my payment online on the Chase website, received a confirmation email and went about life believing that my payment had been made...then, the calls started coming. Ten to fifteen times a day, recorded messages from Chase. I was never given a specific extension to call or even told what the issue was. When I called nobody seemed to know what the recorded message was about. Although the website said that the payment had been scheduled, Chase never posted it. When it was thirty days past due I received threatening phone calls and was forced to make two payments over the phone to straighten out the situation. The puzzling thing was that the payment record they had for me was completely incorrect. They kept telling me that my last two payment were phone payments. I have never made a phone payment and I was told that their records were better than my memory. They dates that they had for payments were also incorrect. This month I scheduled my payment online and the calls have begun once again. I went to the website and it is telling me that I have already scheduled the payment and that I can take no further action. I also cannot seem to get a living, breathing person on the phone. I am looking into refinancing with another company.

• Is
    Isaac H. Peres Dec 10, 2009

I paid off my car a long time ago ... Chase never sent me the title. When I called them looking for the title, they gave many different stories about the lien release, none of which were true according to the Massachusetts Registry of Vehicles. When you ask to speak to someone who is in charge of lien releases/titles, they tell you that these people do not have a phone and you cannot speak with them. My car was totaled and as a result of the incompetence/duplicity of these jerks at Chase, I cannot get my settlement from the insurance company. I have no clue what to do at this point.

• Mz
    mztre Dec 09, 2009

Not sure where to start. I have made 2 payments in the last 2 weeks and my December payment was due on the 6th. This is the 9th and they are calling me for another payment. I told her I would make a payment after the 16th for December. She says that was not acceptable. It would be 10 days past due. I owe less than $500 on this vehicle. Never again will I do business with them. I am on social security and only get my funds once a month.

• Pi
    pittstop17 Nov 04, 2009

there is a graceperiod and it depends on the state, but it doesnt mean that even if there is a graceperiod the financial institution doesnt have the right to repo your car. the graceperiod is set in place for the assesment of late fees but as far as repo is concerned, they can do it even if the acct is only 1 dat past due especially if they deem you as a high risk customer. i would suggest you read the terms of your contract coz it will clearly state that there.

Angie Kelly Oct 20, 2009

On October 19th, I received a telephone message at home to call Chase regarding a “special program” they were offering. Curious, I called to find out what this was all about. I spoke to a Ms. Evans, who informed me that the “special program” was one in which I could skip a payment to get back on track. I told her that doing that would not help me, as I was unable to afford the monthly payments. I told her that I had written to Chase to inquire into their willingness to accept fair market value for the car to pay off the loan in full. She told me they could do that, that the process would go through the “outbound settlement department” and would take about a week to process. Very excited, I told her I would have to call back because I was home for lunch and needed to get back to work. She told me to call back, as for “outbound settlement” and complete the process.

Today, I called Chase while I was home for lunch to complete the settlement process. The first person I spoke to was “Tiffany.” I went over with her what I had discussed with Ms. Evans yesterday. Tiffany asked what the offer of settlement was, and I told her it was $10, 500.00 (the pay-off right now is $13, 031.00, Chase would lose very little), the figure I got from several car dealerships and from the NADA Guide and Kelley Blue Book. She asked when I would like to complete the settlement and I told her it would be within a week or two. She placed me on hold and the next thing I know, I am transferred to Collections. The person I spoke to in Collections told me that there were no settlements, that the amount I owed was what I owed and nothing less. I told her what Ms. Evans and Tiffany had told me and she said there was no such thing as the “outbound settlement department.” I wanted to speak to a supervisor, which of course, they would not let me do. She put me on hold and came back on the phone and told me that no one there ever heard of Chase participating in a settlement with a consumer, that they do not make deals with people. I told her that this was my biggest complaint about Chase, that one ends up in a circle of contradicting information. This is just so typical of how Chase treats their customers. Customer service is a foreign concept to their employees. I will NEVER deal with Chase again. I've gone through a year and half of dealing with these ###s and I am no further ahead than I was when I started. HORRIBLE!

sal g Jul 30, 2009

norman, its wine*

###, obama is in office so get yo damn ### str8nd out, aint no more racism but the racism you and the media put out there. now stfu wit dat ###.. as long as u wanna be a ###, u gonna be ###

mandajayinc Jul 22, 2009

I financed my vehicle thru Chase via the dealership I purchased through. Okay so I had never had a late payment in almost two years my husband and I were in the process of moving when I get a call from our old neighbors saying that there was a tow truck asking for me and looking for my vehicle I had no idea why so I went online to look at our banking stuff and realized I had forgotten in the midst of all the moving to pay the Chase payment but it was only 5 days late so I thought there is no way they are trying to repo my vehicle. Well I call Chase up immediately to see and sure enough it was them looking to repo my truck I asked them about a grace period because I had never heard of anyone sending out a repo truck if you are only five days late that is when she told me that they could repo my truck if I was one day late ~ I had never in my life heard of such a thing.

Well here it is another 2 years down the road (this thing is almost paid off) and again, we have had no late payments since in fact we have always usually paid early; well my husband was laid off and we got a week behind on our bills but again we were not over 7 days late on this truck payment and they call my husband and are questioning him and being so very rude to him basically he felt as if he was being interrogated about his job, the payment, our address where the vehicle was parked at. So he got frustrated and asked them why they were being so harassing and rude and told them we had never had a late payment in 4 years other than 1 previous time then he asked them if they just wanted to come and pick up the truck because they continued to press and press when he said he was laid off asking him if he had any other source of income, etc. Basically none of their business we were only a few days late and they hung up on him after the questions and rudeness. They just hung up.

How can these people not have a grace period? Doesn't every other reputable bank or finance company in the country have one. How can they send out someone to repo your vehicle after 5 days and threaten to do it if you're one day late.

I think this is the rudest most harassing company i have ever dealt with and I will NEVER EVER do any sort of business with them again. When this thing gets paid off (this year thank God!) I will never look back and I am telling everyone I know ... AVOID CHASE AT ALL COSTS

All I can do is shake my head at this company and wonder how they can treat LOYAL, PAYING CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.

Jan Z Jul 20, 2009

This auto finance dept. sends bills which are received too late to pay on time, IF they are sent at all. This has happened over and over again. When I called and made a complaint, I was told they were changing over to a "paperless system, " and that I would receive several "tickets, " to be paid, once a month. Once those tickets ran out, I had none left. I don't know who they are trying to kid, they are out to collect more money in late charges. I couldn't help but notice that they send those out pretty quickly.
    Jan Timmons
    Cornish, N.H.

• St
    Stephanie J Thomas Jul 11, 2009

I ve spoken to an extremely rude representative named
    George re: making another payment towards my account. I
    had already put another $100 on it to catch it up some.
    He told me to keep the money and that he cant do anything
    with that. He also said that they will not accept any
    payment less than the $420.00 that is owed. Which is a fat lie. I am extremely livid by this response. I am also a customer service rep
    who has dealt with collections over 10 years. Where I am now, I am expected to deliver courtesy to our subscribers no matter what. I am expected to be empathatic in their dilemmas no matter what otherwise I won t be employed. This was disgusting representation. I then asked for a supervisor and he flat out told me no and to call back.
    This was 7/9/09 at 5:45pm. I am awe struck that if calls are being monitored as my calls are that these reps still work there & are getting away with speaking to people in this manner. I will never bank with you all because of the many mishandlings that I have experienced via phone. This treatment is unacceptable even if an
    account is delinquent. I cant help my situation right now but I am doing my best and to be treated in this manner is ridiculous and I want something done. I have called and I can honestly say I've literally had 2 nice reps. This is why I dont call back when left a message. I do want something done about this and the phone call pulled and analyzed. I also called back and was tranferred into a
    full voice mail for a supervisor. I called back again and
    another rep left me on hold and didnt come back to the
    phone. Simply outragous. I would never be able to get away
    with this type of treament to our customers because our
    management team listens to each call. I hope that you take
    this seriously because this strategy is also illegal being
    that aggressive. I do want that call pulled. I tried calling back again sw a Lovell id # n095682 (if this is a real #) he also would not get me to a supervisor. This is on 7/10/09. These people should all be fired. I know I would be if I talked to people in that manner. I am sending a copy to the Better Business Bureau as well. I really hope something is done about this because this is inexcusable.

• Re
    RestlessHeart Jul 05, 2009

How is that being racist? Just because he got something you didnt doesnt mean it had anything to do with skin color. It gets old hearing people like you playing the race card every time you dont get what you want.

• Le
    lerry ratley Jul 05, 2009

I asked chase to help me lower my payments due to separation of my wife and i. I was told I qualify only to be disrespected by the office. Told me I could have payments lowered and still got me waiting on a reply — my friend made the same request (White) got a reply in 3 days same situation. Chase is racist and unfair to costemers (Black)