Having problems with CenturyLink?

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CenturyLink.

Complaints & Reviews

Centurylink Communicationsovercharges in billing cycle

Centurylink telephone and Internet. I originally had Qwest as a provider for telephone services and Comcast ( now Xfinity) as my Internet provider, It became costly. Dish network had a special so I called to lower my bills, after two transfers I was set up with an associate for Centurylink. The price quoted was 79.00 a month and a reduction to my satellite bill. Nearly a year later my bill has been 108-110 for the Internet and home phone. Even when I caught up the bill was still high the next months billing cycle. I recently changed my services in July to lower &down grade my Internet and basic local phone service. The bill is still in the high 90s. I was told I'd be credited, my bill was $199.12 ( due by the 16th); even after a supposed credit to my account, which from what I saw on my billing statement was a play of numbers, and they even "charged" me for downgrading my service. No response back from an email sent around the week of August 6th, nor a return call for explanation. I paid for the non published number, I looked in our local phone book and there my number was with my name and all. I was told this would be fixed, credited back and it has not. Yet I have been charged every month like clock work $2.50. Please help me or warn others about there fraud. Thank you

CenturyLink — monopolistic misleading company!

I have been a "loyal customer" of CenturyLink for many years - in large part because they are the ONLY...

Ozawkie

Centurylink Warroad — poor internet

We've been using Centurylink internet for 8 years. We purchased 6 mbps download for $54. a month. The...

Warroad

CenturyLinkoveragressive account managers

For the third day now, a centurylink representative has rang my doorbell to push there services. I have told them three times now that I don't want there products and it doesn't end there. They wanted to know how much I was paying and that they can beat any price. (Yea, they do for a month and then jack it up higher than it was previously).
    I literally had to shut the door on their face.
    I called centurylink, waited 25 minutes only to be told that there is nothing that can be done as they are independent contractors, not centurylink employees. Really? They are wearing centurylink shirts, identify themselves as centurylink employees, and have centurylink paperwork. And then the rep that said there was nothing that she could do for me solicited me for there service!
    I am filing a complaint with the arizona attorney general's office.

Century Linkrewards card

Was promised a $300. visa card when we subscribed to century link. It was supposed to take 12 weeks to receive the card, once applied for on line which I did. I also called to make sure everything was correct. We put this cable in our house in Dec. 2013 and should have had the card within 12 weeks. Did not come so I called they told me I would receive it in April so I waited. Still nothing. So I called The told me they sent it out and I should have received it the would check and call me the next day which they never did. They submitted for another card when I called to check on it they said there was no card and they would submit again. I said let me speak to a supervisor so I did his name was David that was on April 29. He told me he would escalate the process and I would receive the card within 2-4 weeks and if I would check the status on line I should be able to see it no later then Monday, May 5th. I checked today and saw nothing. So I called only for them to tell me 4-6 weeks and there was nothing they could do to help me. Seems to me that the lies kept getting bigger and bigger. I asked for a credit on my account as David said he would give me if I had any more problems and they refused. Said if I didn't receive the card in 4-6 then they may give me the credit. This company has really got my goat and something has to be done. They can't get away with lying to people the way they do. When I asked for the complaint department they said we don't have one. Pleas help cause I'm very angry.

• Up
          upariverwithno paddle Jun 14, 2014

Went with Century Link Simple Choice Unlimited Long Distance plan (all the bells and whistles w/Internet). Get a letter stating that it's only for typical residential 'voice' usage only. Long distance data and FAX calls will be billed at 10 cents/minute additional. WHAT A RIP-OFF!! Really wish I had another provider available in my area. Their Internet is slow as well being they only offer DSL where I am.

• Pa
          Pazuzu Jun 20, 2014

PC Services are the worst. The anti-virus they service Norton 360 fails to update and give full scan all of the time. Switching over at the end of month. They are unable to fix any PC problems and you have sign an agreement that they are not responsible for Operating System damage done by their own Technicians. How's that for fully unqualified to work at this job.

Century Linkcancellation due to horrible service

Century link service is horrible, I have been a customer of theirs for over 2 years and have always been in good standings. At least once a week I have to reset all the set top boxes and modem in order to get the TV service to work. I am also always having to call them and they have to "rebuild" the box hardware to get the TV's to work. When the Tv does work, it is constantly freezing up. I pay for 2 HD boxes but am only able to watch one HD channel on one tv at a time. If the one TV is on an HD channel, the other TV has to be on a regular channel. When something is being recorded, that is the only channel that can be watched while the TV is on. Century link has the worst TV service I have ever seen. Everyone around me complains about the same problems but, when you call them they have never heard of that particular problem. The last straw with them was a couple of months back, I called them because I wanted to get the new wireless boxes that they advertise on TV and offer to all of there new customers standard. When I inquired about them, I was told I would have to pay extra per month per box, and would have to pay for a tech to come out and install them, which is also free to new customers. Why would an existing customer have to pay more per box when they come standard for new customers? I am sick of paying for such a c****y service and want to cancel my service and go to another company not only because of how horrible the service is but, also because of how rude the customer service reps are on the phone. I called to cancel and am told that I am under contract and it would be $300 to cancel. That's funny because I never signed a contract. At this point all I want is my service canceled and am sick of getting the run around from there customer service reps. I am not in contract and when asked to see the paperwork for the contract that I signed they are not able to produce it.

CenturyLinkignorance and neglicence

One of the worst companies, by far, one of the worst companies when it comes to customer care and interoffice communications is Century Link; as the old adage goes: (The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing). In the March 17-25 time frame, my wife and I have attempted to get a bundle package with these guys; after lengthy phone calls with the five agents, and certain quotes given they have failed to email us with confirmation of pricing, nor do they pass on the information to the other agents. Agents are at ignorant of what should be the pricing, throw other century link agents under the bus (saying that they were wrong with pricing) and/or plain just rude. It is just outright infurating. How can a company operate this way. The CEO really needs to be fired and at least some of the agents that answer the calls as they are the worst bunch of nincompoops that are around.

Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. - MN — Unsolicited Phone Calls

I have been getting multiple calls a day on my cell phone from this number. They never leave a message. I...

Century Link / Prism — freezing of internet and tv

Cape Coral, FL 02-02-14 century link / prism Last month our TV and computer started "freezing". The...

CenturyLinkcustomer service/installation

Unbelievable!! I just wasted over an hour of my life on a call with CenturyLink arguing over an install date. I am in the process of moving to a new home that does not have Cox Internet service available, so I am left with only one option(CenturyLink). I ordered CenturyLink through Directv as a bundle package. After a day of not receiving an install confirmation, I called Directv and was directed to CenturyLink. I was given an install date that I had requested from the Directv bundle specialist. By the time I spoke with CenturyLink, my install date had been moved up 6 days. The problem lies in the fact that I work from home and need internet to conduct business. CenturyLink would not budge an inch on my install date. I dealt with the absolutely worst CS reps(2 reps & 3 floor managers) I have ever dealt with in my life. I also spoke with three different managers who were worthless. I have never heard so many "can'ts"& "no's" from a CS rep. Not one bit of apathy or offer of a solution. Everything I have read said CenturyLink CS was horrible and I can attest to that as well. If you have a choice, I would stay clear. This company is terrible.

• Ne
                nebr4mich Feb 21, 2014

Just had the same issue. I have Century Link DSL and was trying to upgrade my speed. I was told when I ordered it that my upgrade date would be Feb 19th, the next thing you know I get a modem I never ordered from them that I did not need and my date was moved to Feb 24th. When I called I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to return the modem and get my upgrade changed back to the 19th. All I got was "We can't do that" "It isn't possible" When I asked for the number to file a complaint I was told "We do that online now, we used to have a phone number for complaint but we don't anymore" My guess is because the line burnt up from overuse.

• Ne
                nebr4mich Feb 21, 2014

Im well aware that most company's are going the route of less personal contact. It was a sarcastic comment related to the fact that while on the phone with Century Link for 2+ hours nobody had the power to correct a problem and there was nobody you we allowed to talk to. Sometimes the spoken word works much better than an email. That was there is no confusing ones intent when making a comment.

CenturyLinkbilling problems, dropped services

We recently moved to Pueblo, CO after having used Centurylink in Denver. We have bundled our services since moving down here and have nothing but problems for the last 6 months! Billing was wrong, dropped services, telling us we owed more money than we actually owed! No way in hell this should take 6 months to resolve! Problem is that you can't talk to the same person twice, spend hours explaining the situation over and over again! Even with my wife retiring from Centurylink after 40 years of service, we still get horrible service! This problem started June 3rd 2013, and today is January 20, 2014 and it is still not resolved. NOBODY EVER CALLS YOU BACK!!!

Century Link Hsicustomer service

Upon the knowledge that I could get 10.00 a month off of my Directv bill if I sign up for internet services through Century Link, I ordered the services offered for High Speed Internet through Century Link. 1) Day I ordered the service: The Representative was very nice and informed me well of services they provide and that I could cancel my services within 30 days, etc. 2) Next Representative I spoke with was informative and told me about when my bill would be due. 3) Next Time I called to Cancel (within the 30 days) due to the fact that the services were not working when we hooked up the equipment and followed instructions that were given by the technical representative. a. The representative told me she was submitting a trouble ticket to investigate why it was not working in the location. b. The representative told me that the charges for my bill would never be more than what I was currently being charged.(the fee was for one time service that was not even provided, a month of service that I was reporting within the month we had not even received because the service was not working) c. The representative told me there was nothing else I could do about the charge after I asked her if there was any other options. d. The representative told me to return the equipment and be sure to get a receipt for the return -which I have ([protected]) 4) Today's call (spoke with 3 different representatives including a manager): a. There was never a ticket submitted to investigate why we received no service at that location. b. The charges on my bill increased to over 300.00 c. One representative was kind enough to tell me to fill out a 30 Day Money back guarantee to request a disconnect and all charges would be taken off because I had called within the 30 days with Representative #3 (listed above). d. The next Representative told me because I am an existing customer (and have been, by the way, for 12 years), that she could not remove the charges for a month of service I didn't receive because I didn't have a ticket submitted for the issue of unable to get my services to work, but yet she could remove the 200.00 early termination fee. Although I had called to terminate my services within the 30 day with Representative #3, who did not tell me I had to fill out the 30 day request to disconnect, but now I filled it out past the 30 days because this was when I was MADE AWARE of the need to do so. ... To put it lightly I am very confused because there has not been a Consistent answer since Representative #3 to Representative #6. A total of 6 calls and inconsistent answers with a Different result is bad customer care. A final result of 108.16 for services that were never received and actually can not be refunded because each representative thinks of a new way to not credit you the amount you never received services for. Wow! I am appalled that after 12 years of having phone services with this company who has been sold and resold, hmm I wonder why, that I as the customer, with a good payment history could not be taken for my word upon cancellation of services within a 30 day mark, and now am forced to pay money for services not even received. This is the worst customer service I have ever received from this company. Sprint use to do a much better job at managing their rules, making the customer aware of those rules and speaking to the customer like they were a valued customer not just another number. My Number 1 complaint is that this company has no right to charge me for any services because I cancelled my services at representative #3 within the 30 day mark. But since they do not make the customer aware that they in fact are "required" to fill out a disconnect request at centurylink.com/30days there is no way the customer will ever be able to cancel and get their money back within 30 days as originally told my the 1st representative when ordering their service. Thanks for listening, wish it was better, but since I have no choice but to stay with them at this time due to my original account services being dependable and I am an online student, this is all I have left to do for the moment. Too many chances I gave the representative to speak clearly with me about what I could do to cancel my services and not be charged for services that never even worked appropriately, now here it is the hard, cold truth about Century Link and how they do not live up to their word or back any guarantee what so ever.---Dissatisfied with this company

Centurylink Internetno loyalty help

I called centurylink, talked to the MOST rude service rep. After getting her to be quite so I could talk to her, I explained that I have been a customer for many years and have NEVER been late paying my bill always paid in full. So why is my bill doubling ? She finally stated I don't deserve any promotions for loyalty. And further more GET A DIFFERENT COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. I got mad and said cancel me, she said for the month remaining she would charge me a $ 1000.00 WHATS WITH THIS COMPANY ?? Please BE CAREFUL DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

CenturyLinkunfair billing/sales tactics

We ordered a bundle package through Direct Star for Direct TV, Centurylink DSL and Phone. We were quoted a price for all services for 110.89 plus taxes. Which we accepted, After everything was done and said we are paying over 178.00 for direct TV and Century link. Direct TV's portion is 78.00 a month which includes 5 TV's and genie receivers. Century Link's portion was suppose to be 39.99 a month plus taxes however they are billing us more than Direct TV is. Our first bill from Centurylink was over 160.00 and our 2nd bill was over 78.00. I have inquired several times about this and centurylink is unwilling to budge with their pricing. They are a monopoly in our area and I feel that is why they can get away with this. I have inquired with Direct Star and they are still quoting centurylink for 39.99, I've called 2-3 times pretending to set up new service and their sales tactics have not changed. I don't see how this legal. How one Direct Star can offer a price that Centurylink refuses to offer and two how centurylink flat out refuses to honor it. I plan to petition everyday to Verizon and Charter that they get DSL and/or fios in our area to stop this maddness. I also plan to fight this battle of unfair business practices everyday until something happens.

unfair billing/sales tactics

Century Linkslow netflix

Very slow download speed for Netflix. I have already called them and all they say they can do is right a note?
                      Facts: 20 Mb/s service
                      Speed on amazon Prime service 7 to 20 Mb/s yes sometimes I do get 20... Never lower than 7 :)
                      Speed on Netflix 1.5 to 5 Mb/s sometimes but rarely it can approach 10 Mb/s
                      On the phone with them and they had me flip from one service to the other to see if there was a correlation, yes there was fast with Amazon Prime and slow with Netflix. We tried the usual like resetting the modem and looking up the IP addresses and MAC address.
                      However the box that delivers Netflix is the same one that delivers Amazon Prime. (It is a Sony BD player)
                      I cannot see where the throttling occurs but it does...

• Li
                          licitlady Mar 12, 2014

Centurylink shut down my internet, stating I used to much of my Netflix movie time. I, m at 75 meg and am allowed 150 for the month. It also causes problems with use of my Ipad use. they stated my over use has been going on since Dec.But we always watch the same amount of Netflix movies that we have for the past year and a half. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEM.ARE THEY UPSET BECAUSE I'M NOT SIGNED UP FOR THERE CABLE TELEVISION ?THIS IS VERY RUDE.
                          ANY IDEAS ?

CenturyLinkdamage to our property

Back on August of 2012 we complained to centurylink about there wires comming from a phone pole in the ally and hooked up to our roof edge this heavy cable wire was hanging very low to the ground we asked centurylink to remove there wire and equipment from our property as we are not centurylink customers many complaints over many months they sent there techs out and ripped out there wires and heavy cable that was hooked up to our roof and just left all scattered in our yard they pulled out our facia board from the roof damaging our roof we made many more complaints for them to repair there damage and remover there equipment from our yard this went back and forth for nearly over a year I threaten to file a criminal complaint against them if they do not remove there junk from my yard as it was a hazard and finally in August of 2013 centurylink sent out some *** that reinstalled there junk onto another part of my roof and after another 30 phone calls and complaints centurylink sent there tech out again they ripped out there equipment and also dilberetly damaged my roof part of my roof and all there wires cable and nails etc all scattered in my yard with a new area on my roof compleat lay damaged and ripped apart I made many comaimts to century and was told by a century rep that they will take care of the damage they referred me the there ins co. Sedgwick I made a claim with them I was later contacted by there adjuster Alden Richmond and Angelia valles both very rude and total liars.the claim was later rejected by alden richmond he was very rude and arrogant I had asked him to get all the ticket complaints so that he could see the chain of events that had taken place he refused to I complained later to his supervisor and the same results nothing, this is criminal what they have done to us we do not use or have any centurylink accounts and our claim is for nearly 900. Of damaged to our property. The reps told us that they will pay for the damages this is a total lie and abuse by there claims management services Sedgwick !

Qwest / Centurylink — door to door solicitors

On 10/2/13 two solicitors started to come to my door, I shook my head no & tried to shoo them away but they...

Century Linkbilling fraud to the masses

Charged for nfl ticket and did not order. Keeps charging us after challenging. Have spent hours on phone to resolve over past two months and they have suspended service. Account is current and not due so what is their problem? I will not pay your scam charges that are pending credits. Save your breath "joey". You've had plenty of opportunities and will not waste my time anymore. Century link is on their way to a class action lawsuit. They might understand then. Time to go back to the competition and upgrade the quality of internet service too.

Century Link High Speed Internetover charges for internet

I am making this complaint on behalf of everyone in the San Jaun Islands that are getting " high speed " internet through Century Link. I just returned to Orcas Island from the big city were I had High Speed 30 and I was paying $59.00 a month. Here my mother has been paying $ 52 .89 for 1.5 " high Speed" internet, does this seem fair. On top of all that the internet crashes all the time sometimes for day's at a time along with phone service. This has been going on for to long and something must be done as these large companies get away with to much and they clearly have no intention of making it right. I will be starting a petition on Orcas Island to see how many people are getting ripped off it will be posted at Ray's Pharmacy bulletin board.

Centurylink Prism And Internet&phone — outages, cutouts, flashes, six months

Everyone in cape Coral is having these problems, please contact me as I am prparing a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT...