Having problems with CenturyLink?

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

Complaints & Reviews

Centurylink Dslslow dsl

I am in Broomfield, CO and have been with Qwest/CenturyLink DSL for more than 5 years. I signed up for the priced for life guarantee at 1.5 MBps when Qwest was in charge, now I see my modem has the speed listed at 576 k, and since the switch to CL, I have seen my rates go up. More expensive and slower is not acceptable. I ran a speed test and the results are .5 MBps download and .52 MB upload. I have trouble streaming any video and sometimes even relatively low bandwidth sites have trouble loading. This service is unacceptable. Also I checked into these ads for $20, 5 year guarantee when bundling DSL with home phone for 12 MBps and find that this pricing does not apply in my area, that is totally misleading. Broomfield is not rural, it is a suburb of Denver, there are fiber optic lines throughout the city, Why does our address not qualify for you're advertised rates? CenturyLink, I am looking elsewhere for service unless you can do something about this.

Centurylink Service — bad service to employee

I was an Employee of Centurylink for 8 years and I changed my employment recently. When it comes to Former...

CenturyLinkcancellation fee

I signed up for centurylink when I moved to Florida and the service was just fine. I ended up moving to NC due to job relocation after about 1 year 3 months. I called and cancelled Centurylink and I offered to stay with Centurylink, but they did not provide service at the new location. I paid the final bill as agreed, but the following month I receive a statement for a cancellation fee. Now, the fee isn't outrageous like some other postings, but nonetheless I don't have a contract, there was no service provided for cancellation and we had no equipment to return. So, I'm a little stumped as to how they can legally charge a cancellation fee. I called centurylink, but the only response I received was that the fee was for canceling service. Additionally, when I signed up I specifically asked about cancellation fees due the fact I knew I might be relocated. Is this legal? I think I will call one more time to ask, then write them a certified letter and contact the BBB and the Florida Dept of Consumer Protection.

• Cu
        Curtisthebigdog Jan 05, 2014

I just picked up my router with Century-link and the receipt on the back says there's a 30 day guarantee, and I would need to fill out a form online to return the service. The website says to call them... there is no form to fill out.

• Ci
        ci401 Sep 13, 2014

this place is such a rip off, after 9 yrs of service, they charged early termination fee of $300.-
        According to them, there's an agreement but what it is, it's a simple notice on their part
        in fine writing in their monthly bill. they claim that it is legal and they will turn in to collection agency
        after 90 days if there's no payment.

be aware conumers!!

Centurylink Prismfraud

Two gentlemen from CenturyLink came to our door with a deal for internet and TV services that would be cheaper than our regular service. They told us there was a thirty day guarantee. We accepted the deal but then found that the service lacked in quality so we canceled within the thirty days. We have been repeatedly sent bills from them. The first was $200 and my husband called to complain and they said they took care of it because they had record of our cancellation. Then a bill for $300 came for "early cancellation fees". My husband once again called and took care of it. Then we got a $600 bill from a collection agency. He is on the phone again. Obviously this company is a total scam with shoddy services.

Centurylink (Qwest)debited my card hundreds of dollars an

CenturyLink (after I had paid my bill) charged my debit card, which my social security check is on hundreds of dollars. I called them everyday and they assurred me they would take care of it and debit it back. After three days of talking to them, and they all were dishonest I finally got someone on chat, a girl 20698 is her number, told me that it would be on my card by thelatest on the 25th. it was not back on my card. I am dead broke because of them. They consistently lied to me. Today in St. Paul I got a very rude man who said he was a "supervisor" with this outfit and that it takes 30 days to get things debited back to my account. Every single person there has been dishonest. If you really need to get ahold of them, call the number that says you want new or additional service and then its easy to get a live person to talk to. I am going to every website I can and posting about this outfit...remember...if they owe you money they will tell you what you want to hear and then not follow through with anything. This "Robert" whom i spoke to, when I told him i desperately needed my money back as I had to buy antiobiotics for my husband before his cancer surgery (his ear is being removed from melanoma) he told me "well, we all live payday to payday". This man should be sent away somewhere - he was absolutely rude, hateful and I was actually nice to the man. just asked him to be honest and don't EVER EVER give these people a credit or debit card because you will eventually get it. I have talked to many other people and the same thing has happened - it took months. Now I have to file a dispute because they cannot even tell me why they debited my card these hundred of dollars. The service is not that great, you can only get ahold of someone easily if you want to order new service. If you go on chat, and its a problem all of a sudden they accidentally end the chat and blame it on YOUR computer. consumers BEWARE of CENTURYLINK. I am an honest person, and am telling you the truth about these people. They have serious problems, and never never give them a credit or d ebit card or you will find yourself sorry eventually. they are actually hoping i will give up and that they will be able to keep my money but I am going after them everyday until i get it. My name is Carol Furness White, not afraid to give it out. If anyone in St Paul knows who "your supervisor Robert" is, you need to get rid of that rude awful, HATEFUL man. He has problems.

debited my card hundreds of dollars an

Century Linkfraudulent service

I am writing to notify Corporate Offices of my complete dissatisfaction with Century Link services. If another provider were available in my location, I would switch in a heart-beat. Unfortunately, Century Link is the only available provider in my zip code so I am trapped.

In September, I signed up for a bundled service of Internet and phone with DIRECTTV for $79.94 total. All three services for $79.94! This quote included the Entertainment package with DIRECTTV, CenturyLink high speed 7 mbps internet, & CenturyLink Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance with Unlimited calling features. I have never received a statement at the quoted rate.

My initial bundled statement charged $86.57 for internet and home phone alone! The DIRECTTV cost was exactly as was quoted to me. I contacted CenturyLink on 11/12; spoke with Rod of the loyalty department who stated the only way to reduce my charges was to reduce my service. He offered basic home phone service, local calls only, with caller id as the only feature for $24.73. He also offered high-speed internet at $14.99/month for 1-year. I appreciated his intent yet it is misleading that CenturyLink quoted services and rates which they could not deliver nor would provide credit for amounts over their fraudulent quote.

I did not receive a statement for November yet did receive a past due notice with charges of $93.30 for internet and home phone with a total of $132.67 due! That is $52.73 over the amount I was quoted for all three services! Not having received a statement, I knew this would likely incur late fees which I intended to contact CenturyLink for credit. However, as I was traveling to regional conferences, I discover on 12/20 that all of my services were disconnected due to non-payment because I cannot contact my child, who is at home with a sitter, at all! I arrived home late 12/21, checked my bank account online from a friends house, where I verified the payment had been received and processed by CenturyLink on 12/21/12 yet my services were still disconnected. I called CenturyLink on 12/22, yet customer service is closed on Saturday. I called DIRECTTV on 12/22. Since services were bundled, DIRECTTV could not do anything to at least restore the television. Holiday guests begin arriving… I have no phone, no internet, and no television! I called CenturyLink on 12/24, while I applaud CenturyLink for providing their employees with Christmas Eve day as a holiday, I am now completely lividly pissed knowing that we can’t track Santa Claus, we can’t watch traditional parades and games… because TV service has been cut off! We can’t make long-distance phone calls to friends and family on the one day we most likely would use long-distance… because phone service has been cut off! We can’t face-time, Skype, or stream movies… because internet service has been cut off! And my payment was processed on 12/21! There is absolutely no excuse, or apology for the “inconvenience” of this gross malfunctions within CenturyLink and complete inconsideration to a “customer”.

I spoke with Cindy on 12/26, after my service is magically restored; who verified my payment had been processed on 12/21. She “offered” to reduce my charges by also reducing my services… the unlimited long distance was reduced immediately to basic home phone service, local calls only. She could not reduce the high-speed internet to $14.99/month yet could “offer” it at 50%. At this point, her rudeness led me to believe that she likely could reduce the high-speed internet rate yet was unwilling to do so. If that is not the case, this provides more proof that CenturyLink lies to their customers by consistently providing service quotes that they cannot deliver. I told Cindy I wanted credit for 5 days of no services. She placed me on hold to “verify with technical that I did not have any services for 5 days”. Even though periodically she checked in with me, I waited on hold for over an hour before becoming so frustrated that I disconnect the call. Immediately, I logged onto the internet to locate another provider, only to discover I am stuck with CenturyLink.

My next statement reflects charges of $172.43 of which $93.45 are internet and home phone! I have to contact DIRECTTV to dispute their charges, which while corrected, I will not receive credit until the next billing cycle. I also have to contact CenturyLink on 1/10 I spoke with Linda, who also could not adjust the charges until the next billing cycle, yet surprisingly could issue a credit of $35.49 immediately, without placing me on hold for over an hour, without contacting technical to verify, for 5 days of no service. $25.00 of that credit is from DIRECTTV. CenturyLink would only give credit for $10.49 which seems more insult to injury as CenturyLink was the cause of all my holiday frustration.

So, I have disconnected the bundle between CenturyLink and DIRECTTV. While I may lose $10 credit for bundled services, at least I will not lose all my services due to the incompetence of CenturyLink. I have been forced to reduce my home phone service so now we cannot call any mobile numbers from home as Montana has only one area code and cell numbers are not geographically assigned so are considered “long-distance”. And still, CenturyLink cannot provide their quoted rate of $14.99 for high-speed internet, which is also posted on the CenturyLink website. While I may be stuck because of my location, I intend to spread my complaints far & wide & never, ever promote CenturyLink as a provider for any service particularly because CenturyLink can’t or won’t “work hard to make services more accessible, more affordable, and less complicated”.

• Ty
              Tyss Jun 03, 2016

My wife and I moved back to NM from Wyoming in March of this year. I decided to give Century Link a try for internet service. We got the modem in the mail and got it hooked up. Service was very sporadic, and it got worse by the hour. In a matter of a day the internet was going down several times a minute. I called them to cancel service and I got a return authorization for the modem. In total, we had service with them for three days. We soon got a bill for 30 something dollars which we did not pay. They supposedly have a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with their service. In addition to that every state has a "changed my mind" period after you sign a contract, where you can negate the deal. Yesterday I got a letter from a collection agency, on behalf of Century Link, stating that we owe 137.00. Needless to say, that one is not getting paid. This is not our first dealing with Century Link, but they do keep getting worse. It used to just be fair to marginal service, now it's bad service and fraudulent billing too. Hope that this helps someone else who is thinking of going with them.

Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. — Harassing, profane telemarketers

I keep getting phone calls about getting some sort of hardship car buying help. They call numerous time...

Century Link Prism Tv — tv constantly freezing up.

I have been with Century Link for over 2 years, providing me with phone and internet services. About 35 day...

CenturyLink — extortion, lies, false advertising

Moving into an apartment for college, I called Centurylink - one of only two providers to my complex - to see...

Global Crossing — telephone call requesting ssn

Man calls me and when I answer he hangs up. I called right back. First he denied even calling me; said I have...

CenturyLinkrefuses to establish service

I recently just moved to my new address and have been trying to establish service here with Centurylink for almost a month but keep getting told I am denied service. The excuse is something about exhausted network. My next door neighbor gets service with them 3 days ago and I call to complain about why is it I am denied service, and that is when the lady on the phone tells me no problem we can give you service. I was excited because after a month of fighting it appeared that I would be allowed service so I had everything setup over the phone, had a modem overnight shipped to my house, and expected service to be established on December 7, 2012. On December 6, 2012 at 8am in the morning I get a phone call that went to voice mail and it stated were sorry but we are not going to be hooking up your service tomorrow as planned our network is exhausted. I called them to explain to them how wrong it is to set up someone's service only to tell them a day later that they can't and the people on the phone were really rude and you could tell they had no interest and half the time wasn't even listening to the phone.

CenturyLinkbilling mistakes

I recently signed up with CenturyLink / DirectTV for a three-year bundled package: TV, Phone, and Internet. My monthly bill was supposed to total approx. $99.94.The sales rep said I would receive a confirmation email, detailing the billing. Never happened.

My first month’s bill was @ $165. I knew that some one-time installation charges would appear on the first month’s bill and wasn’t concerned. But my next bill was for $217.32!

I contacted Customer Service. The initial review suggested that the only error was a $45 overcharge for the HBO package. I kept asking for more details. After @ 90 minutes on the phone with two pleasant service reps, my monthly rate had dropped to $126, including taxes.

The primary cost savings resulted from a sharp correction in the DirectTV rate from $121.49 before taxes to approx. $51 before taxes. We were also being charged $45/month for HBO, etc., instead of the three month promotional rate of $0. Someone flagged the wrong item on the work order…multiple times.

I was told that the complexity of the transaction creates all sorts of billing and communication coordination issues between CenturyLink and DirectTV. As a result several months are normally required for the respective service providers to get the correct values entered in our personal billing spreadsheet. I see this as a training issue and a failure to focus on customer service at the outset of the transaction.

And it turns out, the sales and customer service reps are often unaware of whether amounts they quote include taxes or not. On the sales side, the reps are apparently constrained from discussing the impact of taxes on the bill, if only because tax rates vary so greatly from state to state.

The service reps were helpful and responsive. Nonetheless, I wasted far too much of my own valuable time working with them. This just shouldn’t happen.

RESOLVED

• CenturyLink's response · Nov 28, 2012

Hello gsmichaels, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I am glad that your issue has been handled, but I do apologize you had to spend so much time on getting a resolution. If you happen to run into any further issues or questions, please let me know: http://bit.ly/IArNlt
                  Thanks,
                  B
                  CenturyLink Help Team

Global Crossingillegal actions

received a call from global crossing stating If i don't pay them 300.00 now they will freeze my assets. and that I'm being sued by cash for u now. and the only way to resolve or put a stop to the freeze is to pay them. i haven't heard from cash for u now in a year. and I never got a piece of mail or phone call or e mail telling me I'm being sued. They said that i won't receive anything from cash for u now because they don't have to let me know anything. And that i would only have till 5:00 pm to do it.

CenturyLink — billing/customer service

I have been with Centurylink for about a year and a half now. I just have internet service with them to take...

Century Linklied about payment plan

If I call to ask a question about my account and inform them that I'm having trouble paying my bill, guess what they do? They try to sell me more products and services even though I just told them that I'm already having a hard time paying what I owe. But they keep telling me that by buying more products and services I will save money. They talked me into buying a lap top from them. They told me that the lap top was going to be divided up into 6 monthly payments. But instead they charged me the full amount at the same time. So my bill was over $200. When I called to ask why the bill wasn't split up into 6 monthly payments they said that it's because they can't split it up into payments. Even though that's what the sale person told me they would do when I signed up. I"m tired of them trying to sell me stuff every time I call to pay my bill. It is so annoying. I only have $200 after paying my rent each month. I just sent an email to century link threatening to leave. I want to send the lap top back. And I want my phone and internet disconnected. And I want to buy a disposable cell phone from the store. That way I won't be obligated to pay a phone bill every month. With a disposable cell phone I can just add minutes if I want more minutes. But won't be obligated to pay a monthly bill if I don't want to.

Century Linkprism tv

I am not a complainer but Century Link lied to me as I did read other responses. I wanted to get the address that I would have to mail my modem back to. I am a very honest person and I am also one that will stay with a company for a very long time. A company has to go out of business before I consider other options so please read on by clicking this. I been with Time Warner Cable which went to Comcast where Comcast charged twice the price yes Comcast is great but very expensive worse then Century Link. I been to Dish Network then to Brighthouse which I loved first until equipment and they used to have the worse Customer Service worse then anyone and not fast either for Internet. From Brighthouse I went to ATT where Carl told me to try Vonage, Clear, and bundled Direct TV with ATT and its going to expire thank goodness my 2 year conract Oct 24 so I am going back to Brighthouse. I wanted Century Link Bundle with Prism and they said yes and they keep sending me all information but when I tried to do it online Direct TV came up and I am telling you Direct TV makes Century Link horrible. If you can get Prism stay with Century Link I go to Brighthouse.

Centurylink Dslslow internet

I've had CenturyLink DSL (supposedly 1.5mbs) for two years. The speed has deteriorated to the point that, this morning, their own speedtest fails to complete. I started the CenturyLink speedtest over 20 minutes ago. In the meantime, the Speedtest.net finished, showing a speed of .21mbs (ping 353ps). And this is at 5:45am on Saturday morning--not a high traffic time, I would think. Even at those odd times when their speed averages about 1.4mbs, it periodically (sometimes every few minutes, sometimes up to 10 minutes) drops so low that my smartphone loses wifi connection. I'm locked in to a 5-year contract with CL, as I'm sure a lot of rural customers here are, so what motivation do they have to fix it?

RESOLVED

• CenturyLink's response · Sep 05, 2012

Hello,

We understand how frustrating service issues can be and would like to help. Please send the account information along with a good number to reach you at using the link here http://t.co/lm5JYoPO or email [protected]@centurylink.com
                          Also please include something from this post so we may identify you properly.

Regards,
                          Patti
                          CenturyLink Help Team

anonymous_zgs Mar 05, 2013

I want to know why CenturyLink speeds are 1.5 Mbps or less (much, much less in the evening) when there have been fiber optic cables all over the area I live in for decades. Why do we have to get our Internet over a twisted wire pair? What's up with that? There's a fiber optic cable 100 ft. from my house. CenturyLink should be called 19thCenturyLink.

Century-linkincompetent service repair techs

I have voip phone and Internet with century-link. When it rains the phone has trouble ( missing data ) when you are talking and
                        sometimes you are disconnected. This is because there are to many crc errors building. Have been complaining to century link for months on end. They told me I needed a filter on the phone. I installed a filter on the phone line and I still had the same problem. Century-link tier 1 tech told me my phone line was too long to the modem. I then ordered a cat 6 cable and ran it from the interface box on the outside of the house through the wall directly to the modem. Still had problems with the phone and modem disconnecting when it rains. Again I called tier 1 tech and they told me my modem was bad. I got a century-link modern the same day and still had Internet problems and phone problems. I complained to a tier 1 tech again and he told me that he did not see any trouble on the line. They had told this story to me every time I had called before. I think they tell this story to everybody that calls in. I then talked to a tier 2 tech and he accessed my modern and said it had 4.2 billion HEC errors on the modem. He said this was way to many errors in a 8 day time period. Century-link sent out a service tech that had no clue how to fix this problem. He checked the dsl service line at the house back to their main office and told me it was just fine, I then called a tier 2 tech to see if the service tech was telling the truth and found out the information that had been down loaded into his meter and sent back to the main office showed there was a problem with the line. I asked the tier 2 tech and the service tech the same question again to make sure there was no misunderstanding and got the same answer. The service tech had 100% lied to me. He worked on the line for six hours and never got it fixed. I called again to a tier 2 service tech and had him check the modem for crc errors and he said there were to many building, the line still had a problem. He sent a another service tech for the next day and he worked on the line for 2 hours and said it was as good as it was going to get. I checked the ping times and some of them were running over 200ms and I told him there was still a problem on the line. He told me there was no problem and I did not know how to check for the problem but he refused to check for any problem and that he was done. I told him if he was done to get in his truck and leave. He refused to leave and continued to argue that there was no problem with the line. Again I had to tell him if he was done to get in his truck and leave. He then left and I called the repair service for century-link. The tier 1 tech had trouble hearing me because the connection was so bad. I asked him to check the modem for errors and he kept telling me the dsl line was fine. He said he was having a hard time hearing me that my cell phone must not have good service. He did not realize I was talking on the same line I was complaining about. HE THOUGHT IT WAS A CELL PHONE. I then was transferred to a tier 2 tech that checked my modern and said there was too many errors, there was still a problem with the line and wrote up another service call for the supervisor and the service tech. I waited all day long. Nobody ever showed up, nobody called. The same service tech falsified the record and said he had make contact with me and advised me that the line was good to the house. He closed out the ticket repair order as soon as he got to work. It was closed out at 8:01 am. EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE ABOUT CENTURY-LINK I BELIEVE IS 100% TRUE. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY SERVICES. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY ARE TOO STUPID OR TO LAZY TO FIX IT. P.S. I WILL BE FILLING A COMPLAIN WITH THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

CenturyLink — poor service

I am in the military and have century link. I deployed and my family had to deal with the phone service...

Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. - MO — act like T-Mobile service provider

Acts as Your T-Mobile service provider and your account needs attention. We Dont have T-mobile.

Saint Ann