Having problems with CenturyLink?

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CenturyLink.

Complaints & Reviews

CenturyLinkisp service

Getting tired of this problem. Have major problem with the line coming from centurylinks side of the internet service. Approximately, every 5 to 10 minutes. They drop the dsl connection. I can't even read my email! Worse yet. When I go to reset the modem as per tech. support telling me to do so. The modem locks up into a "walled garden" state. Meaning that a generic ip address has been automatically reassigned to the modem. As a result of this. You end up with no internet what so ever! Then have to make another call to tech. support so they can reassign your account info. to the modem. Then, 'whew!', you have to remove the old wifi network and create a new wifi network with a new password, etc, etc, etc.. For each device in your household. This is simply unexeptable! Clearly, CenturyLink IS AWARE of this problem, or they would not be giving customers these instructions to get their internet service back. I hope that enough customers complain or even drop their service and hit them in their wallets enough to get some action taken.

• Cl
      Clifford Lucero Nov 13, 2015

We the people, can get action taken to correct problems. But it takes everybody to participate. That's what the United States of America is about, when trying to deal with unruly, greedy bones corparations.

Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. — Robo calls, unsolicited cell phone calls and text messages

I keep receiving repetitive annoying phone calls, text messages and oddly enough even some type of download...

CenturyLinkbad phone and internet

I would caution anyone considering the phony so called Cop. To shop else where and don't even get them as a last resort. They refused to let me cancel service / They lied and said I was on a which I am not and they forced me to have there lousy service and horrible customer dis-service.service.When I stopped paying their ridiculous bills the interrupted my service so I had contact them. I believe they are responsible for deliberately destroying my computer. And. I have changes ISPs and these creeps are still tring to scam me for services I didn't order hat they forced me to have. If you want have a total waste of time don't even consider the fly by night operaTION THAT CARES LESS ABOUT ITs CUSTOMERS. aS far as I'm concerned they are the buggiest Fraud I have ever experience. They are not an accredited member of the BBB. I can see why. In one thing I saw on the Internet they have 17 bad customer reviews, one good and one neutral. If that doesn't say they are the worst what does?? Just don't waste your time with this so called Co, I have not heard anyone say onward good about they..They are full of lies and apologies and billing and ripping people off for lousy service not ordered

Century Linkcharges

I was contracted for two years for the Internet and prism TV with Century Link. I was told that my monthly bill including all modem, HD and DVR costs will be $89 plus taxes. Now when I receive the bill it is double that amount and my calls to Century Link has been unsuccessful. I was told that Sales person made an error and I am now stuck with two years contract. This is considered a highway robbery. Please consider this while doing any business with this company.

Century Linkmonthly bill

I was told that my monthly bill would be 20 dollars a month, I added caller ID, for 10.00 more a month which should have been 33.33, but now was told that my bill is 45, 87. I was told that the federal charges would be 10.87. Taxes and Federal. Seriously? 10.87?

Century Link — customer service experience

I had literally the worst customer service experience I have ever had from the Century Link team. I have been...

CenturyLinkinternet/landline

I hate this company. 1/4 to half of my bill is taxes. My bill for my landline is $17. Taxes are $13. My internet is $65. Taxes are $16. If I use my landline for long distance, they tax that too! It's a racket and their days are numbered. Ride that wave while you can CenturyLink because I'm done with you. My bill was $125 and $35 of it was taxes! They say the states "force" that on them but I never experienced this with AT&T Uverse. Their customer service is non-existent and when you do deal with them, they're rude. I'm canceling as soon as I find replacement.

CenturyLink — customer service here is some of the worst i've ever experienced

I have been dealing with a billing issue since June 2015. It has taken as long as 2 hours to get through to...

CenturyLinkwrong number listed for centurylink support

Scam!

Yesterday, I made a call to what I thought was Centurylink support. The number listed off Google was [protected]. I gave the guy the OK to come into my computer to track the problem…Which was not getting mail. Ive had this done before so was OK, until he showed me some screen with some sort of intruder that had invaded my husbands computer … For 249.00 he would set me up correcting it with a new driver???? I must say, I had a bad feeling, but continued…I was to take check to the bank get a tracking #, then call [protected]. Well guess what? I fell for the scam, but the end result turned around, after making contact with a REAL CenturyLink employee, by the name of Bob Weber {robert.[protected]@centurylink.com. His ID AB13348. The best customer service representative I’ve dealt with in a very long time. His patience was what I needed, knowing I had done what I’m very aware of that goes on out there. My husband was able to retrieve from the PO the check, so we felt much safer.

I know this happens much to frequent, but wanted to report anyway.

Please let Bob know how much he saved my day!!!

CenturyLinktheir service is beyond slow and unreliable

this company is engaging in deceptive practices! They never mention contract when you call them and in fact they ADVERTISE no commitment service but when you try to disconnect they pull the "verbal contract" BS! They cannot produce a call, a date or a written notice of terms where a customer agreed to be committed (or under contract), but will still bill you for a deactivation (contact termination) fee each month!

Their customer service is HORRIBLE, I've waited at least 15 minutes on hold each and every time I've called and then got someone hard to understand, and not informed. Not to mention their service is beyond SLOW AND UNRELIABLE, do not use Centurylink PERIOD,

Century Link Phone Servicelandline monopoly

Horrific customer "service." Rude, unprofessional onshore, offshore, language. Missed installation appointment by technician and cannot get charges removed. Hours on phone being transferred, hung up on, "chatting" and emailing. If you need a landline for work and Century link your only choice, I am truly sorry for what you are about to experience.

• On
                    Onsmart Sep 19, 2015

Your ace in the hole is a well crafted letter to the office of the President. Just figure up what they owe you and request a credit for that amount. Be fair, reasonable, and as brief as possible.

Keep in mind that there are 2 major types of credits that you might receive. A pro-rata credit is the result of lowering the monthly service charges and will appear on the next billing cycle. The second type of credit is a direct credit and lowers your outstanding balance. Take into consideration the billing cycle dates and you will be okay.

CenturyLinklandline

If your job requires you to have a landline in your home and CenturyLink is your only option, I'm sorry. You will spend many many hours on the phone with customer "service." You will be transferred all over the globe, eventually hung up on and treated horribly. You will be overcharged, incorrectly charged, your pleas ignored. An ongoing nightmare.

CenturyLinkhigh speed internet unstable

I have tried several times to send an email (below error) to Tech Support and received this error:
                    I
                    Internal Server Error
                    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                    Please contact the server administrator, [protected]@selfservice.centurytel.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I ordered 10 mpb of high speed internet on the 20th of August. There is a pattern that is causing our speed to continue to drop to 1.49 upload/.25 download every couple of days. You should have several repair tickets on file for this issue, of which none have solved the problem permanently, even after a Tech Lead rebuilt my account at least twice. The last call for repair was on Sept 7th. This time the Rep had us log in to our modem to check the DSL Power an DSL Status then submitted another provision request, stating "they may have to move my account to a different port". The speed came back up to 7.18 upload/.79 download that evening, fluctuating between this speed and 6.96 download/.78 upload until 2:06 AM this morning on 9-10. It is now back down to 1.50 download/.26 upload. Each time this happens, rebooting the modem does not resolve the issue. I would really like to get our internet speed corrected to 10 mpb permanently. I should not have to make a call to Tech support every couple of days for this service. Please reply when you have corrected the problem and let me know if this is going to be permanent. Thank you!

Centurylink / Prismprism tv and billing

Prism TV experience…….First the billing; to sign up was offered great promotions for a year. At 7 months promotions dropped off and for the month prior I was peppered with emails and mailer cards pushing me to auto-pay, curious? Of course I called C.S. to ask why my bill jumped so dramatically, I was told the price went up. I was looking at my bill online and knew why it went up so I asked the rep the date of the Prism TV install, she gave a date 7 months ago. I asked if she was sure it was a price increase, she said absolutely. She then told me if I signed up for auto-pay she could take $15.00 per month off my bill, I went along with her on it and was given conformation #. She didn't know I knew the discount was only $5.00. I then asked for a supervisor. I asked him why my bill went up, he couldn't figure it out, I told him the rep said the price went up and asked him when it was installed, he then saw the issue. I told him about the $15.00 off for auto-pay, he said there is no record of it being added. I was given a new bill amount and told it would be that much every month. For the next 3 months it was much higher in different amounts. I called each month and was apologized to and given a new promotion off the bill ongoing which would disappear the next month. 4/17/15 I called and was given a guarantee of a set amount for 24 months along with another apology, 5/15/15 received bill that was $40.00 more than promised. I called and was told I've received too many promotions, I told the rep all promotions were offered, I didn't ask for them. I was told the $40.00 increase was a cancelation fee, I never cancelled anything. I was given a different amount it would be every month and was treated rudely. 7/25 my 1 year contract is up. NO MORE PRISM!
                      FINAL PRISM BILL $169.07; had $125.00 early cancel fee even though the year was up, it also had a mistaken charge for modem that had been returned. I had to go thru 3 C.S. reps to a manager before it was figured out, final bill total: $13.06.
                      As for picture; it was clear but it froze constantly. When you go to another channel, the one you're watching freezes for 3-5 seconds before it changes, it's supposed to be instant. I push the guide button it flashes on the screen and then disappears; it takes 2-3 times to make it stay on the screen. Scrolling thru the channel guide you'll let off the button at the channel you want and it keeps scrolling by itself. Called, they said reset the modem, did it but didn't do squat. I was hooked to their fiber optics system. Gone back to Dish Network where there's no B.S.
                      I do not recommend Prism TV with Century Link.

CenturyLinkovercharging, fraudulent charges

8/28/2015 My complaint with CenturyLink stems from the incorrect billing, overcharging, and fraudulent charges. Every month after receiving my bill online, I pay my bill directly online from my bank (CenturyLink wants my account number, which is never going to happen)...I assume they are making a killing from customers who do trust them with this information. Late charges have been added to my bill for the last three months even though my bill has been paid before I receive my paper bill in the mail. This results in a long, irritating phone call to CenturyLink to explain the situation and after much transferring they say it is cleared up and give me the amount to pay. The next month, same story. I am fed up and am waiting for the opportunity to have another option. My internet speed was increased from a speed of 1.5 mb to 3.0 mb...CenturyLink charges $5 a month for this huge increase in speed (joke). CenturyLink informed me that if I include long distance on my home phone it would save because I would be "bundling"...another joke...taxes and fees are also added to the long distance part of the bill in addition to the taxes and fees that are already part of the bill...I don't use my home phone for long distance so I informed them that I want to discontinue the long distance feature...they said, "Then your bill will increase because this is part of your bundle and the bill would go up dramatically...Sick of this company and their thieving ways.

CenturyLinkslow internet in rural area (peyton, co)

We live in about 15 miles from Colorado Springs CO, in a small town called Peyton. The problem is that CenturyLink only offers 1.5mb internet here. I have called them many times, getting a variety of answers. One time they said that an upgrade was in the works, but the other 6-7 times that I have called they said that nothing is planned (just calling CenturyLink is an adventure - long hold times, dropped calls, snotty people).

I know that other in my development have the same issue - there are about 70-80 households (upscale houses) that have the same issue.

I have a friend who lives about 5 miles east of here in Black Forest CO, who has 25mb internet with CenturyLink.

What can we do? There are no other options except satellite internet, which in my experience is ... glacial. The local cable TV company isn't out here (and probably won't be because of the "lot size").

CenturyLinkcontract termination fee

I have been a Centurylink internet customer for about a year and a half, since January 2014. When I moved to AZ from RI, my intention was to continue with my previous ISP - Cox. However, it was then that I got to know about Centurylink and their "so-called" amazing speeds at affordable prices offers. When I called up to inquire, the gentleman who was my sales rep, told me that they offered 40Mbps speed with one year contracts at $30.00 a month, which sounded too good an offer to pass up. However, the icing on the cake was the contract terms itself. I was told that, in case I had to relocate to an area where there was no Centurylink service, I would not be charged a lease break penalty. The gentleman even humored me with a story where he said people faked moving to Canada so that they did not have to pay the contract breakage penalty. Last week, I left the United States and relocated back to India. So, when I called up for my "no-penalty-for-relocation-since-moving-out-of-the-country", I was in for a rude shock. The reps insisted that there was no such deal and argued that I pay the fee no matter what. I even talked to a point of escalation and this lady too rather rudely said that I had to pay up. She even refused to acknowledge that their own reps had made the sale with this as the highlight of their selling points. I do not intend to pay for a contract break that I was incidentally told I will not be liable for. I'm willing to pay for my final month's service, but that's where I draw the line. I am not the only one falling for this hoax. Apparently, many of my friends have had this experience where they sign-up thinking there is no contract breakage penalty (as we are all immigrant workers who end up relocating within and outside the US in as little as 2 weeks notice) but then are taken for a ride by the Centurylink sales and customer service departments who feel, lying to get business isn't such a big deal.

Centurylink Internet — fraudulent termination fees

Please be aware of deceptive practices of Century link Internet. After trying to negotiate a cheaper price...

Roy

CenturyLinkbilling and service liars

15 years ago Centurylink/Qwest had a bundle deal for us. NOT ONCE IN 14 months was the bill ever correct or the same. We would lose inet service for days at a time and it would take HOURS on the phone to get anywhere, only to do it again when the next bill came. I unbundled the phone service and kept the tv, yet qwest paid the tv the next month when they were not even bundled and I was told to 'sort it out'. I was livid, paid the bill in full on the 12th and moved. A year later we have a collections account from them for the same amount that I paid in the last bill and it said the amount was due 2 days after I had paid in full. I called w/the check number etc, yet there were 4 different excuses why the charge was valid: directv didn't pay them back, oops, we meant that you should have been billed ahead and weren't so there's an extra month (which happened to included the tv fee), then it was that the deposit didn't cover it, then there was no deposit. WTH people?!
                              We recently moved and needed a land line as my mobile was not working in the mountain town we chose. Directv recommended doing a bundle, because after 15 years they have to be better, right? I called and was VERY clear that I am on a fixed income and the bundle HAS to be less than the $117 for tv and $51 for inet and mobile phone. I was told repeatedly that it was phone/long distance/internet for $65 p/mo. I consented and explained I'm an IT person and did not need an install, but was told an installer HAD to be sent out for the inet portion; just to turn it on, its not an installation, so I agreed. the installer took forever, I ended up buying a modem for $100, and he kept on until he could get online...fine. I knew I wasn't paying for an install, so I was waiting on him to just be done. I called 5 times to find out what the initial fee would be because I could NOT get a straight answer out of them, besides $64 and 'some fees'. I call at one point and they want to know who "Lorelei' was on my account, then told me they couldn't discuss my OWN account because this other woman was on it. I get the bill and for 3 days of service I was charged $278!!! I was told it was the 3 days prorated, a month ahead billing, INSTALLATION, and fees. I had to wait for my bill to complain about the install I didn't want and shouldn't have been charged for. Month 2, I have a $30 credit, I'm charged a second installment for installation of $20, and $35 in fees that are NOT explained. My $64 p/mo bill is now magically $109 p/mo!! WHAT PART OF FIXED INCOME IS NOT UNDERSTOOD? I already eat from the food pantry, now they've taken my medication budget too! I'm more than angry, I AM LIVID! These are predators. They need to be stopped.

Century Linkbusiness phone service

Century Link has been nothing but difficult for our business. Our biggest issue is that a tech was supposed to come and fix our lines on 7/17/15 and never arrived. When we called century link they said someone arrived and our phones were fine. After stating no body showed up several times, I then asked for the techs Id and notes and apparently there were no notes and no tech ID signature. Shocking, I know. So after our phones have been non functioning since 7/15/15 they tell us a tech will be out the next day, 7/22/15. That is one whole week where we cannot conduct business! We also have 14 practitioners who pay us to provide reception services for all of their businesses so we are losing 7 days of pay from 14 health care practitioners since our phones are not working. Century Link has not offered us any price break or refund so far. We have also been customers of Century Link for only a few months and have had consistent problems with our phone lines every single month since we switched over to them.