Menu

B
Author of the complaint
2:50 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This was our first cruise. We booked with a group on sunshine November 2 to November 10. We were very much looking forward to our first cruise hearing how nice carnival was. This was not the cruise I was expecting. I'm not sure if I can Express the total disappointment me and my wife experienced. This being our first cruise and the fact we waited to celebrate our 20th anniversary on your ship. We got to our room which at first was great. Met out stuart Swan who seemed very nice. He asked us what we wanted and we asked for robes that took 3 days to get. Our room was very poorly cleaned infact we had to empty our own trash. The bathroom was disgusting mold a vent fell from the ceiling and plumbing worked only when it wanted. I took pictures of the black mold that I will include. You may need to blow it up to see the mold. On the second day we exited our room to be hit with the terrible smell of sewage. It lasted until Aruba, but came back the next day then the next port it was cleaned to have it hit us all the way home. Our room was 2252 on sunshine. I heard many wonderful things about the staff and what we would experience. Sadly that was far from the case. Staff was rude and I repeatedly had to move becuase wait staff refused to move or clean up after meals. The ship swayed and rocked the entire time. Even when there was no swells to be seen. I was told by many workers who were continuously fixing things in their blue and gray coveralls that the ballast and stabilizers were not functioning properly. It was a on going problem for the last few cruises. Not what we deserved for our first cruise.if it wasn't for the islands that were wonderful I would have had the worst vacation of all time. I know that my complaints may seem insignificant but to me they mean alot. I spent a lot of money flights cruise beverage package excursions so forth. To be very upset. I met alotb .ok f people who knew we were first time cruisers that would say that sunshine was not the way carnival really is. That other ships were so much better. I'm really hoping that this is true. I enjoyed the excursions very much and would love to try another cruise ship and maybe another cruise line depending on how these problems are handled.
So let me get to the point I spent alot of money to be almost totally disappointed. I do not think that this was a fair example of your cruise line and would like to be compensated for all the problems and disappointments.

Sincerely
First time cruisers
William Serafino
Kelly Serafino

P.S. I can be reached at
[protected]@gmail.com or

Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
Carnival Cruise Lines - Customer service
Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Carnival Cruise Lines - Loss of earned free interior room offer and loss of 35 percent off offer
1 comments