Carnival Cruise Linesthe entire cruise

M Nov 15, 2018

This is in regard to Carnival Horizon, sail date 10/20/2018, state room 1335, booking Huber 4WWF47. While in Florida this past October, my wife and I decided to try to book a last minute cruise. We booked the cruise identified above on 18 October and it was our third cruise with Carnival this year. I paid $2160.16 for this cruise and was told that this price included all fees and gratuity, as well as a military discount. I later discovered that I did not receive a military discount and that a $103 gratuity charge was added to my sign and sail account for each of us. It was our very worst experience yet. My wife is a cancer patient and has a rod in her left leg, making prolonged standing and walking difficult, so we requested a wheel chair. She was left upstairs in the lobby, then had to stand in a long line for the elevator. Finally, upon arrival at our stateroom, we discovered someone else had been assigned the room. I tried to find someone to assist, but there were no crew members around. It took me over thirty minutes to finally find someone to help and then nearly another hour for our problem to be resolved. Our stateroom was double booked and since we arrived first, we ended up getting the room, but the other party got an upgrade! It should have been the other way around - we should have gotten the upgrade. To make matters worse, my wife, with the rod in her leg, had to stand up for an hour and half, in pain! We continued to receive notices for the other party booked in our stateroom for several days. Our presence wasn't even acknowledged by the room steward! It was like we weren't even there. This was just the beginning of our difficulties. When we were preparing to go to bad, we pulled back the sheets and found pubic hairs and body fluids all over the sheets!!! We called Guest Services. They sent a supervisor to confirm our complaints and finally, about 45 minutes later, two people arrived to put clean sheets on the bed, way after mid-night. Since our booking was last minute, we were not given a dining time. No one bothered to explain to us the process to be assigned a dining room time so we ate all of our meals on the Lido Deck - the quality was not very good, everything was very bland. We attempted to go to several shows, but you needed to stand in line for an hour in order to get in - again, my wife can not stand for that much time without being in pain. One of the shows we got into was over crowded, after standing for an hour. We were early enough to get seats, but after all of the seats were filled, they continued to allow people in. These people stood in front of us, making it impossible to see the stage. The rooms for the entertainment were not large enough to handle the number of people on the cruise. The quality of the entertainment was not nearly as good as we experienced on previous cruises, nor was the food. On debarkation day, our experience went even further down hill. Again, we requested a wheel chair for my wife. We arrived at the appointed place early and found approximately 30 people waiting for wheel chair assistance, but there were only 2 people available to push wheel chairs. When it was finally my wife's turn for a wheel chair, a young male crew member assisted her. At least a half dozen time, he drove the wheel chair into someone's luggage slamming her bad leg into the luggage, causing her much pain. We are so disgusted with this cruise that if I had not already paid a deposit on a cruise in Feb of 2019, I would not go on another Carnival cruise!!! I believe I should be refunded a military discount, refunded $206 in gratuity charges (that the travel agent said was paid up front in the $2160 I paid the agent) and that we should be given an upgrade on our cruise booked for February 2019. If I do not hear some positive news from Carnival, the Feb 2019 cruise will be our last with Carnival.

RESOLVED

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 20, 2018

Thank you for posting your concerns.

I’m very sorry to hear of your experience and I’d like to extend my sincere apologies for the situations you’ve described.

So that we can further assist you, we invite you to contact our Guest Care Department directly by dialing toll-free [protected], or locally at [protected], extension 70530. Our team members will gladly review each of these matters in further detail. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,