Capital One Bankabandoned property

P

I had a 3 year Cd with Green Point SAvings of New Hyde Park that expired in Feb 06'. I received a letter at the time that it would autorenew for 3 years with the new Bank at that time, North Fork. So, it would renew with a new expiration of Feb 2009. Since then this Bank was acquired by CApital One.

I received a letter from CApital One listing this account as "unclaimed property" and that it was going to go to the proprety of NY state. The letter looked very shady, with no real name, or phone number, only a PO Box address in Laurel NY, with a claim i must complete a form and get it notarized or funds would go to the State. Beware of this if you get such a letter. A few weeks later my name appered in an unclaimed listing in the paper . I checked with the bank who claimed my account is fine.. Very strange. If you get such a letter, try calling the customer service number for Capital One which is conveniently left off. [protected]. Also, the NY State unclaimed number is [protected]

• Te
    Terry Albright Apr 20, 2021

[censored] you liars

• El
    Elizabeth Schutte Apr 16, 2021

I received a letter from Betty T. Yee, California State, stating that Capital One NA in Richmond Va, was holding a large amt. of money from Capitol One in an Abandoned Property account. Is this just another scam?I don't know what they are talking about.It sounds very suspicious.They state they have not been able to contact me since 2/28/2017.I've been at the same address. phone number etc.. since 1965. Do I respond to this or just assume it's bogus??

• Ni
    Nife Aug 04, 2020

I received a letter from CapitalOne telling me that i have an unclaimed check from 5/11/2017 and i need to fill out an "Acknowledgment Ownership Claim Form" to claim the money otherwise the money will go to the state within 30 days. there is no # to call except the following address to mail the form back to them "Capital One, PO Box 60, St. Cloud, MN [protected]". will have to call Capital One to verify this.

• Pe
    Penny Duncan Jul 29, 2020

I have received a letter concerning contents of safe deposit box number 744. It was located @ Line and Jordan, Shreveport, LA 71101, but that location has been closed for several years.
    I have 60 days to contact Capital One about this, but please let me know who to contact.

Penny Duncan
    for Jere Lee Lembka
    [email protected]

• Sh
    Shad182 Sep 10, 2014

I also received a letter from Capitol One stating they were holding $3, 000.00 from a acquired bank I once had and listing a phone number that is a recording. I can't seem to get any answers from them and they never turned it over to the state as required by law. Something smells really bad at Capitol One, , , , What's in your wallet?

Jan James Sep 16, 2008

I am really irritated with ACS Property Recovery & Reporting. My mortgage company was sold to another large mortgage company and I was to have a check reissued. I waited for 2 years being told that it was issued and that it couldn't be reissued and then I have gotten this letter out of the blue but convientely they will not talk to customers calling in even though there is a phone number listed in the letter to call for questions. This is a bunch of crap! I am going to file a complaint with the attorney General in MN tomorrow. I will also try the 1 800 numbers that the last person posted here.