Capital One Auto Finance — title department lien release
I purchased a FORD Explorer and took Capital One Auto Financing in 2010. We paid off in 2012. In 2014 we were going to sell the car but could not find the Title document. We went to the Texas DVM to get a replacement title. The DMV informed us that there is a lien on the vehicle and cannot process the Title document. I found out the lien was still held by Capital One. They never released the lien since 2012 after we paid off. My wife called Capital One in 2016 to request for the lien release to be sent to me in the mail. We would need original document of release. The Capital One staff refused to complete the transaction to surrender the title unless I make the request personally. I am overseas. Why do they have to hold on to the lien even when we have paid off on the car 4 years ago? Why can't they send the release automatically to me after we paid off? Why do they have to make it so difficult?
More Capital One Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating!
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices!
- Capital One Bank - abandoned property
- Allied Interstate / Capital One - harassing calls
- Capital One Securities Inc. - false winner of a shoppers sweepstakes
- Capital One Bank - credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - 360 banking
- Capital One - customer service