Canadian Tire — worst customer service!
I came to Canadian Tire located in Pickering, Ontario to purchase a battery for my Honda Accord. I was told by the Staff there that I should get the MotorMaster for $89.99 + taxes. I came home and found that the battery was no different from the one that I currently own. I had a problem with the performance. I cam back to the store 2 hours later only to found out that they will not take my battery back. Their policy is that they do not take batteries back with no exceptions. The battery was brand new and I came back to the store literally 2 hours after I had bought it.
So the General Manager comes out and start arguing with me. I was with my wife and my baby at the store and I had to be embarrassed by the store stuff to such extent so that everyone in the store had to stop and look at us. It was ridiculous. I was appalled that the General Manager of such a huge store would treat us like this. I have been a customer of Canadian Tire for many years. I have a Credit Card with them and this is the service that I get.
I have to mention that it doesn't say anything on the receipt that car batteries are not refundable. There is a small sign on the side of the counter that says it and if you are not standing on that side of the counter, guess what? You wont see it. So you are basically screwed. I asked the manager what he wanted me to do with it, and he raised his arms and said that it was not his problem.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly!
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service
- Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection - e test
- Canadian Tire - return
- Canadian Tire - vehicle service department
- Canadian Tire - parts and service
- Canadian Tire - damange to engine auto repair