Canadian Tirecar battery (eliminator) [protected] product number

C

Dear canadian tire, it is taking every bit of willpower to be polite, and not to use expletives in this letter because of my recent experience purchasing a product from one of your franchisees.
My 86 year old mother was having issues starting her 2011 honda c-rv, primarily in cold weather conditions. Keep in mind that this vehicle is in an unheated garage with the door closed.
So, after charging it on a charger once before, and boosting it several times after, I have come to the conclusion that the battery will no longer sustain a full charge and therefore it is no longer any good. The charging system operates optimally, and there are no draws on it from any electronics. One can only deduce that the eliminator battery in her vehicle is not sound.
That being said, I went to a local canadian tire and opted for another eliminator battery (Part # [protected]). I was greeted by a young man with hair hanging down across his face with one eye glaring at me. He didn't seem too concerned with the fact that he was dealing with a customer. However, I asked him if I could look at the batteries that were situated 'behind' the counter (Which is odd, considering I am looking to buy one) , but he told me that I wasn't allowed behind the counter, and that I was required to tell him the make and model of vehicle, so that he could look it up.
Not knowing the exact year, I stated that it was a honda c-rv and the year, I wasn't certain of, but possibly a 2011? He told me that he couldn't sell me a battery unless I knew the exact year of make and model! Seriously?! This is canadian tire's policy?? Sorry, we can't sell you what you want unless you know exactly what you need?? Please! I knew my mother's honda was approximately the year I hindered a guess at. I even had an idea of the product number having looked at the battery in my mother's car.
At any rate, I also happened to notice a disclaimer on the wall above the batteries that stated, and I quote; 'frozen batteries are not covered under any warranty no exceptions'! Well, news flash people, I reside in sudbury, ontario (Or northern ontario to you people in the southern part of the province) where the temperatures can get all the way down to a balmy - 35c at times, not incorporating the wind factor. I'm sorry that I don't reside in a climate like arizona or new mexico!
Furthermore, you have an advertisement for canadian tire's eliminator battery where it is chilled in a freezer unit to a temperature of - 40c, then it is installed in an truck constructed of ice, to which it starts up right away. Is this not a contradiction to what the policy sign states in the store? What 'constitutes' a 'frozen' battery? Look! I didn't just fall off the turnip truck? I have a pretty good understanding of batteries, especially when it was part of my work before I retired.
Nonetheless, I removed her old eliminator battery and installed the new eliminator battery. Unbeknownst to me, there was a piece of masking tape on the side that had september 2014 on it, so I figured that it should still be covered under the four year warranty. News alert! Apparently, it was previously frozen, hence the voided warranty. How do you argue with a young employee who doesn't give a ####, and just follows the rules? Needless to say, I at least asked for my twenty dollars that is outlined on the tag of the new battery. When you return the old one, you get twenty dollars back.
So, bringing it back, I only received $19.90 back because I didn't have the canadian tire money of .10 cents! This really is a shoddy outfit! I usually love going into ct to buy tools and other miscellaneous items, but this latest experience has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth! If you want to do good by me, I would recommend you compensate my mother for the premature faulty battery that cost me half of my day to buy, replace and return, not to mention the troubles dealing with your impolite staff? Thanks!!

car battery (eliminator) [protected] product number