Having problems with Canadian Tire?

Canadian Tire reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 30, 2006. The latest review Defective produce was posted on Jul 27, 2021. The latest complaint car repairs was resolved on Nov 24, 2019. Canadian Tire has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 902 reviews. Canadian Tire has resolved 95 complaints.

Canadian Tire Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 746 7287 (Online Customer Support)
+1 800 387 8803 (Corporate Customer Relations - English)
+1 800 565 3356 (Corporate Customer Relations - French)
+1 888 727 7478 (Canadian Tire Roadside Assistance)
+1 800 459 6415 (Options MasterCard)
+1 800 226 8473 (My Canadian Tire 'Money' Program)
PO Box 2000, Station Main
Welland, Newfoundland and Labrador
Canada - L3B5S3

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Canadian Tire Customer Service. Initial Canadian Tire complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Canadian Tire above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Canadian Tire. Discuss the issues you have had with Canadian Tire and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews, Page 40

Canadian Tire Winter Tirespoor customer service

In mid November 2010 I decided to purchase winter rims and tires for my wife's Pontiac Vibe. I looked around at some of the "exclusive tire" retailers and was disappointed with the price. I looked at CT to see what they had but was apprehensive as my previous tire buying experience with them (approx 15 yrs ago) was not a good one. I figured it was time to give them another chance. I looked at some of the tires they had on sale started to do some research finding that one was actually quite highly rated by several independant review organizations. I went to CT and inquired about purchase of 4 rims and these tires mounted and balanced stating I would pick them up and install myself when the snow comes. The clerk said that there were plenty of rims in stock, but the tires would take 2 weeks to arrive and this was acceptable to me. 13 days later I arrived back at CT to check on the status of my order. The same clerk stated that the tires were now on back order and would be another 4 weeks. He said I could contact the parts manager to learn more. Later that same day I spoke with the manager who seemed very helpful, concerned and apologetic stating that this mistake should have been caught much earlier. As the time frame for delivery was no longer acceptable to me the manager offered a more expensive winter tire for the same sale price as the previous ones and that they had plenty in stock. Unfortunately at this point they had no more rims in stock but said a new shipment would arrive in one week. After the week passed we were told the rims would be another few days and sure enough we were called after that time and told that the tires were mounted on rims and ready for pick up. My wife and I went to CT to pick up the tires/rims and were met by the parts manager. The manager told us that the tires were indeed in the store and mounted, but that he could not sell them to us. The reason he gave was that the speed rating on the tire (180km/hr) was too low for our Pontiac Vibe. He and another clerk then both "tried" to explain very unclearly that a higher speed rated tire was necessary. I asked if there was a written policy showing this requirement and they could not answer. At this point I had decided that it was futile to attempt to reason with these guys and my old bad feelings with purchasing tires from this outfit were nagging at me so we decided to leave.
I suppose if this CT was located anywhere near the Autobahn or on a continent that has 180 km/hr or higher speed limits I could maybe uderstand. I have since seen the exact tires I wanted to purchase on Pontiac Vibes and Toyota Matrix since and they are only sold by CT.

Canadian Tire — poor customer service

Last night Dec 9th we went into our local Bowmanville Canadian Tire and wanted to buy 2 snow tires for my...

Bowmanville

Canadian Tireoriginal nut bolt missing

A month ago I purchased new Toyota Corolla LE came with Alloy Rims and Tyres. One of my collegue suggested to put new winter tires. I chose Canadian Tire and made an appointment. Today service rep put Goodyear Nordiac alongwith brand new rims on the wheels and replaced all my original nut bolts with their Canadian tire nut bolts becsause nutbolt came with original rims do not fix with Canadian tire rims.
    My concern is they have replaced the nuts and service rep told me that he will put all the original nut bolts in the Trunk alongwith new Original tyres on rims. When I came to my house and removed tyres from the trunk I found that out of 20 nutbolts, ONE original Toyota NUTBOLT is missing. Service rep never bothered to even count that he is packing all the nuts. If I checked it when I have to put back my summer tires in May 2011, what would happened? Thank God! I came to house and thought I should check it before I should put it in garrage.
    I don't know when these guys will learn to offer good satisfactory customer service.
    I will see tommorrow what the auto manager have to say about this incidence.

• Al
        A.L. Jan 19, 2011

So let me get this straight, you ran to your computer, filled out this complaint, without even attempting to get the service manager to make it right?

You take the cake. Whiny little ###.

Canadian Tireliars

My wife did bring our car in a CT in montreal for a tire change. After the change, they did pretend that our car battery was almost dead and that it would probably be impossible for her to get back home with such a battery !

She did not believe the CT guy, since that guy has told the same story to three others customers while she was waiting. She did come back home without problems and, few hours later, we went to see a mechanic we know and guess what ? OUR BATTERY WAS OK !

• Bo
          Bob.g Jul 20, 2013

The Canadian tire on chemong is trash the manager is rude and very unhelpful, this matter will be reported to a higher source the leum

Canadian Tire — motomaster battery

In Sep. 2009 I was visiting Perth, Ontario and my battery conked out. I got in touch with CAA and they sent a...

Motomaster Battery — Battery replacement

Toronto

Canadian Tire Oil Change — poor service at auto centre

This is what happened to me at the Canadian Tire Auto service centre on the northwest corner of Queen St ...

Brampton

Canadian Tire Coventry Rd Store Ottawa Canada — misleading info and indecent conduct by an employee

Canadian Tire Nomasolar lights failure

Bought 2 Noma Pagoda Solar lights for $49.99. Lasted a whole 27 days, just long enough to lose receipt. I have bought $3.99 lights that last longer. Unimpressed with Noma and Canadian Tire.

Canadian Tire — service not performe as advertised

On 08 of August, 2017 I arranged to premium detailing package code no.: LH765N When I...

Pickering

Canadian Tire Hanmer Ontario — they called me stupid for shopping there lol

I ordered and purchased a drivers side brake Caliper. The Parts counter gave me the wrong part as I realized...

Canadian Tire Shawnessy Calgarypoor assembly of mountain bikes

Well not too sure where to start on this one. I had purchased a bicycle (Schwinn) from the shawnessy canadian tire, on june 8th, 2010 for my wife's birthday. She loved it at first site, meaning bike was a nice color, had a nice rugged look to the frame, nice shifters... Etc... She had it out for a quick ride to the store one day, only to come back and say that the bike didnt feel right. Put it away and used her old one instead. So now a month has past and she decided to give this bike another try. While travelling down the street, the bike goes into a really bad speed wobble. Now she had to get off the bike and walk the bike back to the house. At this point canadain tire, explains to me that there was nothing that they could do for me. I took the bike into 2 diffefent pro bike shops and they just shook there head. One fella said that he wasnt going to let this bike leave his shop without being properly assembled. So free of charge he starts to fix and build bike to the best he could... But by this time after only 2 short rides... The back axle is completelt warped, the gears are not set right, the brake cable broke.
          My complaint is for this tech to be tested on his workmanship or to have his job terminated. I want something to be done about this issue.
          The techs name @ canadian tire shawnessy. Sw. Calgary, alberta is angus. I did chat with him on the phone and he was so rude with my wife and myself. Stating the fact that he just puts the nuts and bolts on, after that he says " I dont really care what happens after that, I still get my pay check"... Now what kind of attitude is that. I really think that there is a big issue here... Someone, one of these days, is going to get seriously hurt due to this guy's incompetence!
          I hope that some actions will be taking asap on this matter.

Canadian Tirepoor auto service and bad customer service

I purchased new tires from Canadian Tire those are high end tires according to them. They come with 100000 Km warranty. Just after one year, three of them start slow leak. I drive to the Canadian tire auto service and ask them to fix slow leak. They change the valve and did balancing etc. and charged me $145. I asked them what is this for because tires are under warranty and I just want to fix slow leak. They told me tons of reason that I can’t write. The Tires are still leaking and I have to fill them every two to three days. I complain this to them many times first time they asked me to visit them again I did so and after three hours they told me tires are good there is no slow leak. But fact is tires are reducing pressure. They just arguing, not solve my problem.

• Ir
                Irfan Zaidi Nov 01, 2010

Exactly true. They are unethically non-professional people. I would suggest everyone in Canada to keep away from CanadianTire. CanadianTire is the World’s Number one Crook and Bad then Worse Auto Service department.

• Ti
                tired of forced downloads.. Oct 31, 2010

Take heart as a past employee of canadian tire I can tell you why it is this way.The Service Manager gets his marching orders from the owner..Those orders are to take you for everything, , I have seen a car come into the service bay cause it was not running smoothly, The tech diagnosed it as the computer, diagnosed it as the computer cause the car stop turning over after it was in canadian tire.Well after haveing the car in the shop for almost a week, We actually had to send the car to the dealer..Now here is the good part...There was nothing wrong with the car!!, The machanic had forgotten to putt the fuse box cover back on after the diagnoses, So it was not grounded and the car would not start.The customer was billed for the days the car was there, If I remember correctly it was around$ [protected]$.The customer was billed for the new computer, diagnoses, and labour.As lowly service couter staff, we made crap, And needed the job as well, , Still no excuse for not saying the right thing to the customer..but if you think they bully the customer, , see how they treat there staff..I would recommend staying away from saskatchewan Canadian tire...Any of them!!!..

Canadian Tire — return policy

My husband tried to return our tent 30 days after buying it because it had gone on sale for half price and...

Canadian Tire — bicycle return policy

Ah; yet another grievance to add to the already overflowing cornucopia of Canadian Tire return policy...

Kingston

Canadian Tire — riped off, mistreated & swore upon

I booked a vehicle canadian tire for repairs on the passenger side front flat tire and left to do some arren...

Brampton

Canadian Tireover charged for service work

Canadian Tire is the worst for auto service

I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana. On February 2010 the driver's side wheel bearing started to howl. At the time I was in Saskatoon, so I had the bearings done at the Confederation St. store. The service manager told me my options and I went with the economy bearing which are $164.00 a side, total cost $575. Seems like now-a-days you don't much for $164.00, because 3 months later they started to howl again, and it was very hard to steer the van, which is very dangerious. This time I was near the town of Kindersley. The bearing that went was on the driver's side. I suggested to the brainless service manager (her name is Cindy if anybody reads this) that both sides should be replaced. The parts have 1 year warranty and 100 days on labor. Being an ex auto mechanic, I would have replaced both sides, because if one wheel bearing is sloppy, the other side will suffer. I got the work done, however they only replaced the driver's side. I bet you can guess what happened next, two weeks later the passenger side wheel bearing started to howl. I made the mistake of bringing the van back to Kindersley to have them look at the van again. This time I asked them to install GM bearings (both sides) and that I would pay the difference. Well they did as I requested, however they said that they had to charge me $120 in labor install the parts because at this point there was no more warranty on the labor. I spoke to the manager of the store, he gave me a sob story about how he was doing all that he could, and how every Canadian Tire is independently owned. I made him aware they didn't fix the problem the last time I was there and I shouldn't be paying any labor charges at all since they didn’t fix the problem when labor was in warranty..
              In short I had to pay the labor to get my van back, and the total cost was $764.00 and to top it all off, I lost 10 days of work because of this.

Please run away from Canadian Tire, they are a rip off.

• Pa
                  parts guy Jun 13, 2010

1st you bought economy bearings for a heavy van. 2nd if you were a mecanic then you would have known gm have major bearing problems so you should have put on a premium line like national or skf, a gm bearing isn't any better as it is made by federal mogul who make all premium bearings for gm. 3rd of course you only change one side at a time when it is a warranty situation. What if I say to you your van needs one bearing but just in case I think you should change both. You will think I am trying to rip you off so why should a company warranty everything just in case? That would drive the costs of parts and labour to a point that you wouldn't be able to afford a vehicle. 4th I would call canadian tires customer assistance line and maybe they could help you, like all customer service call centres that is what they are there for so maybe you'll have some luck.

Canadian Tire Options Mastercardafter due date interest rates

Canadian Tire Options Mastercard is collecting incredible high late fees that are way out of proportion.
                Late fee payments are stretching over 2 months.

In my example a three days late fee for an amount of 1436$
                The first collected interest was an amount of 30.32$. But that is not enough the following month a follow up interest rate (the explanation I got for that is very foamy) was 14.28$.
                To sum it an interest of 44.60$ which is around 2.5% was collected for a three days late payment of 1436$.

I just recommend to rethink before signing with Canadian Tire Options Mastercard.
                Just a hint. They don't process payments on Saturday and Sunday which can cause such an interest payment.243

• As
                    asefaw Dec 27, 2013

This is to inform you all people use or buy from Canadian tire store or use Canadian option master card please make sure you read the final print the worst company to do business. they gauge interest rate when ever they fell like. there must be a solution or investigation to be make regarding this bad practice of business .I wish we all to come to agreement and make boycott to not do business from this company. there should be a government involve for their practice of business.

• Jm
                    jmc45 Aug 01, 2013

You are not charged interest for just the 3 days, if your payment is received past your due date, the system goes back to the previous bill and charges interest on those purchases from the day you bought them until the day payment was received in full. So if the payment from your June statement was late, interest (which is calculated at a daily interest rate), would be put on your July statement. If your statement gets printed, say on the 15th of every month, then the interest on the July statement would show interest owed up until July 15th only, the residule interest owed (which is the remainder of the interest coming from the statement date to the date the payment was made) would show on the next statement.

Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmowerbattery meltdown

I purchased a 20in Yardworks battery lawnmower 2 years ago. It was great, loved it for my small yard, right up until the charger melted my battery. The smell was awful. I didn't know what it was at first. My husband searched downstairs because it was coming through the vents. Batteries aren't suppose to be soft. We called YardWorks. They said so magnanomously that they'd replace the charger but not the battery. It's past warranty, the fact that it's melted goo in my back yard is my problem. My husband told them that this is our first and only Yard Works purchase and that due to this situation we'll never purchase yard works again. They said "I'm sorry that we haven't lived up to to your standards but the battery is past warranty sir." So they've lost a repeat customer for a $200 lawnmower.

• Ke
                      Kevin J Brown Jun 19, 2011

Canadian Tire is like the dollar store of lawn care and automotive services. Their store line products are often substandard in design and construction and I've learned from personal experience NEVER take your car to Canadian tire, something as simple as a short circuit from a wet bulb in a tail light went unnoticed 3 times, by 3 different teams of mechanics, who couldn't for their life, realize that replacing a battery and alternator 3 times WAS NOT THE SOLUTION! ###S... or was it bad training and an idiotic approach to servicing people's cars PROPERLY instead they kept on taking the easy way out by selling ### the customer DIDN'T need! I never shop Canadian Tire, they shame the name of the country!

• D3
                      d3eez Jul 06, 2010

Like most people here, I wish I did more research before buying one of these Yardworks battery powered lawnmowers. In theory, it should have been a perfect purchase. On impulse, I replaced a smokey old gas powered mower with model # 60-1752 from Canadian Tire. Thinking at the time this compact unit would be perfect for my small urban lot and far more environmentally friendly and quiet. On a side note, definitely helps to keep the blade sharp to maximize battery life. Anyway... for 2+ summers it has been a good experience and I have not had any of the issues listed here... until now.

The charger seems to have died for no apparent reason. Power is going to the charger but not from the AC unit to the actual battery. While the light on the charger indicates power, the other light indicating charging does not come on (red or green). Of course after 'charging' overnight the battery was still dead.

I called YardWorks [protected] - this is not an easy number to find!) and they transferred me to a company called Sunrise that handles service and support. I explained my issue but given my unit is likely out of warranty (can't remember when I bought it and don't have any documentation), my only option is to purchase a replacement charger. At $25 including shipping I was pleasantly surprised. According to the rep, they are also using a newer charger for this model now so hopefully this is an improvement. Overall they were quick and courteous with very short hold time.

They say it will take business five days to arrive so I will update my comment with the results when/if I get the replacement.

Canadian Tire - Franklinreturn policy

Canadian Tire staff are extremely rude here in N.E. Calgary! We bought a gas Featherlite Weedeater which in fact was not feather light at all. We filled it with gas/oil and found that it did not perform very well, it was very heavy, the ripcord was very hard to work and it did not have a guide like some models which helps to ensure you do get too close to plants or hedges. Because I am only 5 foot tall when the gas was filled it was difficult to ensure that it would gouge into the grass.

I emptied the unit and cleaned it up and took it back to the Franklin CT Store. The return clerk was extremely rude, she said "too bad you put gas in it, we won't take it back" yes I know that doesn't sound rude but it gets better! She then said you should have looked at your receipt it states repair only, I told her that after you pay for the item looking at the receipt is not helpful so if that is the policy then it should be posted next to the item, that way customers would know the policy up front. I asked to speak to the Manager, she said "why, he's just going to repeat what I've already told you, I asked her to contact him anyway, she said "HE IS JUST GOING TO REPEAT WHAT I SAID!" That is when I told her that that was fine but call him anyway! She pick up the phone and said "There is a customer who put gas in a weed eater come and repeat what what I've just told her...so you have to repeat it!

The Manager "Fred", who doesn't have a last name apparently, was no better when I told him that I didn't appreciate the way she spoke he just looked at me he then looked at the weed eater and said "you put gas in it, we can't take it back".

Just as well she fed him the line because I don't think he could think for himself.

It is not like I don't understand but it is the way they treat you that is unacceptable! I can assure you I will never ever shop there again.

Lesson learned ... cost $89.00 & GST!

• Ke
                        kermode Sep 25, 2013

Canadian Tire service guys are the one's they pay $12/hr and call them service technicians.
                        Why didn't you just buy the battery and do it yourself, 1 or 2 wrenches and new battery is all you need, takes about 10 min.

• Ld
                        L Doering Nov 13, 2012

On November 12, 2012, I called Canadian Tire (Franklin Mall, Calgary) to see if I could make an appointment to bring in a friends car to replace a battery. I was less then politely told that they don't have time, because of a lineup of people before me. I said thank-you and decided to take my business somewhere else. I took the vehicle to another company, unfortunately they did not have the battery to correct the situation, but did a diagnostic test and confirmed that the battery was holding a 0% charge. They were unable to boost my vehice, therefore AMA was called and was going to tow the vehicle to the nearest facility that caried the battery (which happened to be the Canadian Tire). The AMA gentleman was amazing. He came and just start the car, performed a bunch of tests to ensure that the vechile could drive. He checked the battery, and again mentioned that I needed a battery, as both I and the guys from the other company suggested. I drove to Canadian Tire (Franklin Mall, Calgary) They proceeded to tell me that they had to charge me a $50 fee to preform a bunch of tests such as alternator, and other stuff. I told him that 2 other companies have already mentioned to me that it was strickly the battery. I asked if I could just get the battery installed only... I did not want to have the other tests performed. I was willing to sign a waiver to wave the test, and only get the battery replaced. He said that this could not be done. I ended up leaving this issue with the owner of the car to make the financial decision. Again, if the battery was in the facility, they would have sold it to me, and from there I would had been able to replace it myself. How would liability differ? Ultimatly the $50 was charged. I took time off of work to pick up my friend and take them into the service department. When questioned about the $50 charge, he first stated that it was a policy, then said it was only THAT Canadian Tire policy, then when I left, decided to change the story and said that I approved it... I DID NOT! I requested they just change the battery. Even the mechanic over heard us, and said... Just charge for changing the battery... apparently it is an option. I love Canadian Tire, and spend quite a bit of money each week shopping there. I am very disappointed in the Service, for it is normally great, and I think Canadian Tire is a good Canadian company. I know that you lost my friend as a customer, and I know one person doesn't make a difference to you guys, but I am also disapointed that I was called a liar when I left the service area to go back to work. He apparently didn't have the balls to say it to my face while I stood there for the 20min. I would love a call back if this feedback is of any importance. If not, then I will make my own decision whether or not if Canadian Tire is a place that I shall choose to spend my money.