British Airwaysin flight treatment flight ba0057 on 27/10/2016.

A

I decided to fly BA after many years of flying SAA business class as I thought there service was declining. We booked world traveler plus seats as they are as expensive as business class on SAA.
The first thing I found odd was that you give meal choices to every culture but British in terms of choice of meat (chicken or beef). Why do you give a menu when the travellers served later have no choice, but to take what is left. Do not tell me it is because you cannot load double the choice as you could have given me the choice before the flight. I eventually after waiting nearly 2 hours from the start of the service (there was only one attendant to serve the cabin) was told I could only have chicken. I overheard a few passengers refusing to eat as they did not want that was offered to them. As it was already close to 12pm and I had not eaten for the day I took the chicken. Surprised to find it is a very spicy Indian (not British) chicken meal. Had severe heartburn for the rest of the flight. For breakfast you do not serve serials neither (continental breakfast). another surprise for British. Have you given up your British designation and culture?
I also found the entertainment screen far inadequate for a person with multifocal lenses. The seat lumbar support did not work, leaving me with severe backache after the flight.
I dread to think I need to go through this again on 17/11/2016 on flight BA0054.
If things do not change I will surely return to SAA for my regular flights to SA.