BP GAScontaminated gas

J

I am a friend of a disabled woman whose car was affected by the bad BP gas. BP has hired a company by the name of Sedgwick to take care of the claims. The disabled woman contacted BP only to lied to . The disabled woman got all documentation into Sedgwick that was needed then was told that just one more thing was needed and when she provided that one thing then Sedgwick told her that they still needed more. I am here to say as witness that this is all a joke to the poor people that got the bad gas. I don't think that BP will write one check to help the people that lost their cars. The disabled woman that I know, her car was totaled because ot the gas. The cars engine and fuel pump went bad and she had to junk it for a couple hundred dollars. Although this disabled woman proved that her car was damaged Sedgwick told her that they will now have to locate the car and inspect it. As I have said it is all a joke. There are people that are taking there cars to local mechanics only to have BP not pay the claim and their cars are still sitting at the mechanics shop after all this time.. An oil spill is one thing but a car is another and is the second most valuable thing that a person buys throughout their lives other than a home. And for BP to do people like this is unthinkable. I personally will not ever buy gs from BP and I truly believe that once they inspect my disabled friends car that BP (Sedgwick) will not pay her. Not because the claim is not true but because they will again lie and say that they found something else wrong which lead to the damage. my disabled friend even went as far as submitting a receipt for June 2012 that shows absolutely nothing was wrong with the car. It s all a big fat joke.

• Jw
    J Wittman Dec 07, 2012

No the friend being disabled has to do with BP not allowing the reasonable accommodations under the law that would replace her now ruined car.

• Be
    beautytroll Dec 04, 2012

so is the friend being disabled mean anything to the bad gas??

• Br
    brownt Dec 04, 2012

Yeah, I think your right, I have purchased BP gas for years in Indiana, which is 5 min from my house, I too got a bad batch, and after spending close to 2, 000 dollars, and I still have some issues, with my car, I heard of the bad gas, I knew it was the gas, becasue my car which normally never gave me a problem begin to shake and stop, would not start, or would start and cut off, at will. I contacted the claim service, and was told, to send in all my documents, which I did, my car was fixed by me, because I need a car for work and school. I sent my receipts, from the shop I had my car fixed at, my title and all other documents requested, then I was told that I was choosen for verification, ok, so I waited, Oh and I was told that I would receive something in the mail, that I still have not gotten to this day. Finally I requested this document be faxed over to me. I was then told "Oh your file was given back to me, so I just need to verify with the mechinic" OK so the mechinic told me " I've talked with the lady, and everything is ok, well not so fast, this women then told me " Oh we need so much more from the Mechinic, we need to know his w2 number, and we need to see how much money he spent on your parts, because he could have spent less then what he charged you. and Then we would have to ask him for this money back? WHAT MONEY BACK, YOU DID NOT PAY ANY MONEY I DID. Further the mechnic bookkeeper has the records for tax time which is starting now. so he has to wait on him to get them back to him, oh and he happened to be on vacation, not to mentioned she waited til Nov 30 to ask for these documents. further, the mechinic has been paid for the work he did, so do you actually think he is concerned with my getting the receipts for parts? I think this is screw the consumer royally. I saw what I was charged for parts, and It was not that expensive. I did not have a problem with the cost of parts, labor maybe. but that was his fee. I dont think I will see a dime of my money. and I think your right, I'm thinking of filing a class action suite against BP myself. And they have lost a life long BP gas buyer.

• Gilbert33063 Sep 11, 2011

Today 9/11/11 I stoped to get gas seeing the price sign that showed $3.62. That was a good price untill I stared to fuel up and notice the price was $3.70 so instead of fueling up I stop pumping gas. Went inside and complainted. What a rip off !