Bosch Dishwasherinstallation rebate

Purchased a Bosch Dishwasher from Sears in mid-April - had it installed in July (manufacturer product delay) - applied for the "agreed upon" installation rebate from Bosch through Sears and have placed several calls to find out where the rebate check might be. No follow-up from Sears at Solomon Pond Mall. Still calling to get some assistance from the Sears "large appliance" dept. Rebate was put in when the dishwasher was purchased on April 23rd 2010

• Ta
    Taylor Hansen Dec 14, 2017

I bought a Bosch dishwasher under the Veteran's Day promotion where I was supposed to get $150 Back in a rebate and I got a postcard stating I didn't attach my receipt. I called and spoke to 3 different people who all claimed that my receipt was not legible. When I sent the receipt and rebate form, everything was fine and it was within 24 hours of making the purchase so it's rather fishy that they can't read it. I asked the Supervisor' s manager to call sears and confirm my purchase but they refused to do so.

I am very disappointed in the company's business ethics and I highly recommend not buying their products based on their customer service.

I was told to repeat the mail in process and I asked what would happen if the receipt magically became not legible again and they wouldn't answer. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them and felt dumber by the time it was over for having to try and force common sense on them.

I recommend contacting the BBB, Attorney General, and CFPB with this unethical company if you're in the United states.

• Do
    downhillphil Apr 06, 2017

I too have been duped by Bosch. I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Sears with a rebate of $149.99 for the installation. I applied for the rebate shortly after my purchase. So, it has now been over three months since I applied for my rebate. Bosch even sent an email on March 03 that was rebate was on its way. Today is April 06 and guess what? No rebate. I have been on the phone, on hold, with Bosch for hours only to be disconnected. Now the latest is their rebate processing center where you press 1 to speak to a customer service representative. You then get redirected and push 1 again and receive a "invalid response" and are asked to call back later. I finally called Sears to have them look into my problem. They too are going to get back to me.
    Here is a bit of advice, if Bosch or Sears really wanted to make the cost of buying their product more affordable, why wouldn't they just give you the discount up front? This whole deal with Bosch is they try to wear you down and give up on getting your rebate. DON'T BUY ANYTHING OFFERING A REBATE. IT IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT TO TRY TO GET IT. THEY JUST WANT TO WEAR YOU DOWN UNTIL YOU GIVE UP.

• Ho
    holsteins4u Apr 29, 2013

Bosch mailed a form to me stating that my old dish washer was unsafe. They gave me the option of having someone repair it free of charge or giving me a rebate towards the purchase of a new unit. I purchased a new unit ($1000) in order to qualify for the rebate, sent in all of the applicable forms and two months later was denied. This is very frustrating. Should have just kept old one in place instead of being coerced by these thieves.