Complaints & Reviews

replacement control panel voluntary recall

the control panel is being voluntarily recalled on dishwasher model SHU43C02UC. I requested my replacement...

poor quality

We purchased a Bosch Dishwasher(shu43c02uc) in August 2006. Now 6 months after the warranty runs out on it the main motor is out! Bosch has the motor for $150 but was able to find it for$90 on EBay. Being the DIYers we are tried to fix it but they have changed the motor slightly and was concerned about burning up the new motor with the wiring change. We contacted a "Bosch" service rep in the area and minimum $200 to repair. We contacted Bosch also and they are not willing to help!
This is an email response that we received from them:

Thank you for your e-mail and we sincerely apologize for the lengthy delay in response to your inquiry. We are very sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your Bosch dishwasher. Although we certainly understand that it can be frustrating whenever a major appliance requires repair, parts may fail from time to time and require repair/replacement for the continued operation of the unit. While we regret that your unit needed to have service we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Regards,

Tiffanie
Bosch Customer Correspondence

We now own a Whirlpool and will never own a Bosch appliance again!!

• Tj
    tjpap Mar 06, 2009

LOL did you read the other complaints about the recall for the control module, your dishwasher probably had a recall and would have gotten fixed for free.

• Bo
    BOSCH DISHWASHER Oct 24, 2009

HOLY CRAP, WE HAVE THE SAME DISHWASHER, BUT OWNED IT SINCE OCTOBER OF 2004 AND WE NOW HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THE MAIN MOTOR IS OUT. WE DID HAVE THE RECALL FIXED WHICH WAS THE CONTROL MODULE REPLACED. OH WELL THE MOTOR IS OUT WE WILL HAVE IT REPLACED, CAUSE WE LOVE BOSCH APPLIANCES AND POOP HAPPENS, NOTHING LAST FOREVER ESPECIALLY APPLIANCES WE USE OFTEN.

bosch dishwasher fails again

Bosch dishwasher model SHU5315UC - failed again. I paid $900 for this dishwasher and shortly after the...

dishwasher caught fire

We had a 10 year old Bosch dishwaser we think model #(SHU3336Uc/U06) that caught fire and almost burnt down our house - I mean this thing completely burnt our kitchen cabinets and granite countertop.
Anyone else know about any recalls on his model or had a similar experience (I really hope no one else did).

Thanks Ken

• Su
    Sue Nov 24, 2008

We just had a Bosch fire incident - Model SHU33A02UC. Fire department said the motor was burning up. Machine was just over 2 years old. Out the door it goes, I won't have it repaired.

• Mb
    mbarsky Aug 18, 2011

We have the same model SHU3336UC, and same age (10 yrs)...we noticed a burning smell but fortunately no fire. Going to replace it today, not a Bosch this time.

delay in replacing appliance under warranty

We purchased a Bosch Evolution side by side refrigerator which had limited cooling ability and poor volume of ice manufactured in freezer. After contacting one of Bosch's recommended repair centers and 3 repair visits, it was determined the 3 month old refrigerator/freezer would need to be placed. Bosch was contacted by customer and repair company and order was processed to replace appliance. 5 days after Bosch started paperwork and assigned an order number, the appliance is not been shipped with no confirmed shipping date available from manufacturer's customer service staff. Customer service manager refused to speak with us. Customer service agent stated this was the quickest they had seen an order processed (5 days with deliver estimated another week). The customer service agent also told us that they have "so many calls" on Monday or Tuesday, their volume of customer's needs was what most likely delayed the process. We will be without a refrigerator for over 3 weeks by the time we receive the replacement!

• Ms
    M. Smith Feb 23, 2009

We purchased a new Bosch Evolution nine months ago. The ice maker water valve has failed and been replaced by an authorized repairman four times. Each time, the new valve failed within two weeks. Bosch honored the warranty to replace the valve each time but has refused to talk about replacing the unit. They have attempted to say the defect is caused by excessive water pressure (we have city water service and had no problems with our previous Kenmore icemaker) and instructed the service repairman to test for water pressure. His reading was 70 psi and the valve is rated for 120 psi. He installed a new valve which failed within two days and has now been broken for more than three weeks. Now, after nine months, four repair visits and a buckled hardwood floor from repeated water damage, Bosch is saying they recommend a water pressure reduction valve for 40 psi (not written in installation specifications and far lower than valve is rated for) and they refuse to pay for that service call.

We purchased all of our kitchen appliances from Bosch as a package. We have been without an icemaker for most of the nine months we've had the refrigerator. We have made endless phone calls over the past six months and have been told repeatedly that "someone will call you back". They never do and when we call again we have to start the whole process with a new customer service person. We have tried repeatedly to get the name of a supervisor with decision-making authority and are told "a supervisor will call you". Of course, nobody ever does. Bosch's customer service division is unprofessional beyond words and is an embarrassment to the company. We have been more than patient as Bosch worked through their "reasonable effort to repair the problem", still have no resolution and have been unable to get a commitment for replacement of the unit. As we have told Bosch, all we want is a refrigerator that works.

At this point, Bosch is clearly in violation of their warranty and I would not recommend purchase of a Bosch appliance under any circumstances. Their reputation for quality is seriously compromised by their refusal to stand by the product when there is a problem. After spending $4500 on Bosch appliances, we have lost countless hours and been treated poorly seeking resolution with Bosch...and all we want is a refrigerator that works.

scam and cheating

Had the bosch dishwasher unit 1 week - it positively will not dry dishes no matter how much drying solution you put in the thing. Had the unit 2 years and the heating element broke. They wanted $400 to replace it. I'll just go purchase a new and better dishwasher for that price. If you are listening... Never buy a bosch!!!

only their service is worse then quality of their products

We have been fighting with the Bosch rep here in Washington for over four months now. We have a Bosch dishwasher that is only two years old and even prewashing will not guarantee that the dishes will come out clean. We have put over three hundred dollars into this machine and still it won't work. You could not give me another one of these dishwashers and the service from Bosch is the only thing worse than the dishwasher. They won't come clean... just like the dishes in a Bosch dishwasher.

terrible quality products

Don't buy Bosch Nexxt Premium dryer. It doesn't tumble correctly, so my sheets don't get dry. And, the BOSCH technician actually told me to wash my fitted and flat sheet separately... two separate cycles. So I bought an efficient washer and dryer that was supposed to save on energy, and now the company-BOSCH itself--is telling me to run it for two cycles instead of one... all because it is designed with flaws! I think this is unbelievable! I don't know how their appliances get good energy efficient ratings. No thanks! I'll take my Maytag Neptune over Bosch anyday!

shattered glass in oven door

I bought my Gaggenau 290 convection/conventional oven about 2 1/2 years ago and recently the interior window...

dishwasher started on fire

Our 4-5 year old Bosch dishwasher caught on fire. Two smoke alarms started chirping about the same time. Going into the kitchen I found foot high flames coming from the selector buttons. I put the fire out myself and other than the dishwasher having a hole the size of a baseball burnt in the door, the counter had a little charring on its underside. If we'd not been home, the house would have burned down. Thank God, we had smoke alarms that alerted us to the problem. Who'd of thought a dishwasher catching on fire? Be careful when you run these things.

• Ji
    JimP Jan 22, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. Good thing I was close by. At the time Bosch told me the machine was out of warranty and to have someone fix it (at my expense). How do you fix a melted machine that reeks of smoke? What recourse do the 60 or so people with fires have, a class action suit? Should we at least get a total refund for the machine.

• Kr
    kristinab Apr 04, 2009

I had the exact experience! Luckily my insurance company paid for the damage, and THEY are going after Bosch. Just 4 days after our fire, Bosch issued a recall. Seems there have been 51 "incidents" and 30 fires! The only thing insurance did not cover was the dishwasher, so I went to Bosch for reimbursement. HA! Their offer? They would be happy to TAKE $350 from me for another dishwasher. Their choice of model. Which isn't made in my color. I declined. Now I'm not sure I would even take one for free!

Bad company. Spread the word!

dishwasher - shu 5300

Our Bosch dishwasher was purchased by the previous homeowner only three years ago. It has messed up now. It...

no rebate received

Mailed in rebate June 19th and still waiting for rebate. When I call they tell me it was mailed on the 20th of july every time i call they tell me the same thing i think they are not holding up their end of their bargain I bought the stove and like I stated mailed in the rebate form but still waiting for my $50 dollar check.

nobody wants to fix it!

Bosch WFR 2460IC washing machine purchased 10-06-03 along with GE Extended warranty. As you can see from the attached picture the paint is peeling off the front of the washer. Bosch send a letter stating that "since I purchased an extended warranty, Bosch is not required to fix the problem..The service company GE Warranty sent out said the problem was caused by a defective detergent tray that leaked onto the front of the washer. GE warranty department states that since this is a "cosmetic" problem they are not required to repair or replace the washer.

• Jc
    jcov Nov 20, 2006

Bosch washing machine model WFR 2460IC purchased 10-06-03 along with GE Extended warranty. The paint is peeling off the front of the washer. Bosch send a letter stating that "since I purchased an extended warranty, Bosch is not required to fix the problem. The service company GE Warranty sent out said the problem was caused by a defective detergent tray that leaked onto the front of the washer. GE warranty department states that since this is a "cosmetic" problem they are not required to repair or replace the washer.