Having problems with Bosch?

Bosch reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review 700 Series Evolution Gas Range was posted on Oct 21, 2021. The latest complaint Bosch service was resolved on Dec 13, 2014. Bosch has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 132 reviews. Bosch has resolved 33 complaints.

Bosch Customer Service Contacts

Thu5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bosch Customer Service. Initial Bosch complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bosch above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bosch. Discuss the issues you have had with Bosch and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bosch Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Bosch Aquastar 240fx Tankless Water Heater — premature failure

I purchased this Bosch AquaStar 240FX, quite expensive water heater based on Bosch reputation for quality. I...

Thermador Double Ovens (Serviced By Bosch)unreliable and not friendly serice

Called Thermador service, now operated by Bosch, on a Monday before Thanksgiving. Technician came on Tuesday morning, as promised. Tech had no idea of the problem, even though it was spelled out with the CRM the day before. The tech had to order parts from CA, and said they would be back in 3 weeks to install. With over 20 people coming over for Thanksgiving I was in shock. No one could care less, the tech said this was not his issue, and was not in his region anyway. Called CA office 10 times between Tuesday and Wednesday...only to find out that the parts would be there on Wed. but there was no one to install them. Begged and offered money for overtime, but to no avail. When I asked what we should do with our Thanksgiving and our out of state guests, she said, I can't help you...and so on and so on. They made no effort. I WOULD NEVER BUY BOSHCH OR THERMADO PRODUCTS AGAIN...this was not the first incident with them, and won't be the last...very disappointing how little effort they made. They honestly could not care less..

Respond

Bosch Hot Water — horrible company, horrible product, horrible customer service!

Our home came equipped with a bosch aquastar 125b ml hot water heater. Within a month of moving in, we began...

Waitsfield

Bosch Drierbad service

I have a Bosch drier purchased 2 years back. I am a full time working mom with two little kids so my drier is very important for my regular routine.

My drier stopped working on August 26th 2010. I have a home warranty. So I called my company and they associated us with Mr. Appliance. I talked to Mr. Appliance on August 27th and they agreed to send a technician on September 8th during business hours. Hence I had to take time off from work and stayed home for the technician. The technician came over on September 8th afternoon and after his so called investigation he said that one of the parts is broken and he will need to get it ordered from Bosch. I proposed at that time for him to bring the part from Lowes because that is where we had got our drier from but he said that they have to follow the process and order it from Bosch.

I kept calling them to check on the part all next week and by the time they could come to fix the drier, it was September 17th. The technician again came back during business hours (so I had to take time off from my work), and after his trial and error, he said that he had ordered a wrong part and there is actually another part that is broken and will need to order that from Bosch. At this point, it was more than 3 weeks that my drier was not working so I was not ready to prolong it longer. Hence I asked the technician to get the part from Lowes and try to fix it. He was so disrespectful that he started walking out of the house while I was talking.

Hence, I called Mr. Appliance office in Richmond. I could get hold of their Manager and he was not ready to listen to me. I was a little upset because:

--> firstly his technician did not investigate properly for the first time and ordered incorrect part

--> secondly I was not ready to wait for another 10 days

--> thirdly he was so disrespectful.

That Manager was no better and he never accepted that it was an error made on their part.

Anyway, I got a call from them on September 23rd that they had received the part from Bosch and would like to come and fix it. So again I took time off from work and stayed home for the KING technician to fix my drier. He came and tried to fix the drier with the newer part and that part did not fix the drier either. By this time I could not take it any longer because it was almost a month for me without my drier. Hence I asked him to get the part from Lowes and this time his manager agreed. So he got the part from Lowes and the drier started to work after a month FINALLY.

If he would have agreed on the first time to get the part from Lowes and not Bosch, I dont think we would have landed in so many inconvenient issues. These guys have no courtesy and they have no EXPERTISE. On the top of that, they dont have any Customer Service based approach.

I would caution anybody who is dealing with Richmond (Midlothian) based Mr. Appliance of not taking their services. They will keep prolonging the issue but they miss the Expertise and still dont have courtesy so listen to your suggestions which ultimately they end up following.

1 Response
      • Di
        Dick Fittswell Sep 08, 2012

I am curious to know what part you needed that Lowes would have had in stock. Lowes is not a parts store, so the only thing I can think of that you needed and Lowes would have is either a cord (which isn't something that Bosch even sells) or perhaps a lint screen. I know they carry coil top range burners, lint screens, vent cleaning and coil cleaning brushes, but not any interior parts for a dryer.

Bosch Servicewithin 3 weeks i've had no feedback from them

I took my vehicle to Bosch Service Centre for a minor service towards the end of July 2009. While in the workshop my vehicle was involved in a collission with another customer's vehicle. They promised to have my car fixed - no problem. Within 3 weeks I've had no feedback from them, when I eventually got my car, the hooter was not working, the car had no power and it was smoking like a tractor. Now another 6 weeks later I still did not receive my vehicle, and is now told that the turbo has packed up and needs to be replaced only to be told the next day that sensors needs to be replaced only to be told ... I'm still awaiting a final answer on what needs to be done to have my vehicle fixed. I've requested the reports from the various people involved without any success. On 3 October I was told that my vehicle will be ready for collection on 6 October but when we went to pick up my car was told that the parts have not arrived yet and could still not take my vehicle home. All I want is an honest answer and my car back in the condition I handed it over to Bosch Service Centre Silverton.

2 Responses
        • Lo
          Loopione Oct 06, 2010

Monday 19th October decided to take my car to a Bosch service center in Sunninghill for a service, there was also a transmission fluid pipe to be relpaced and they said not a problem will cost R5300 for the service and parts. I agreed and when collecting the car on Thursday the 22nd October did not get outside the shopping complex gates when I had to turn around and take the car back.

The car had no power, was misfiring and sounded like a tracktor underneath the driver seat. The guys asked me to please bring the car back in the morning and told me it sounds like the exhaust. Knowing the cars power and capabilities before taking it in for a service and driving it now i knew i could not take the car back to Bosch.

I took the car to Volvo the next morning and was shocked to receive a R8000 bill to repair the damage that was done to my car. When i phoned the Bosch dealer back he put the phone down in my ear and then my blood really got boiled and i told him exactly what i thought of him.

Volvo had to replace the spark plugs, coils, engine mountings Bosch broke when they suspened the engine to fit the spares, replace the power steering panel, re-programme the gearbox.

• He
          Heyllome Sep 07, 2010

My Car has been in their shop for over 9 weeks. They don’t communicate to the customer nor do they react on promises made.

Bosch Dishwasher — installation rebate

Purchased a Bosch Dishwasher from Sears in mid-April - had it installed in July (manufacturer product delay...

BoschI am extremely dissatisfied with the dishwasher, but I am even more dissatisfied with the bosch company

We have a Bosch dishwasher, model SHU 5300, that has stopped working. After a brief online search, it is apparent that there is a defect in the circuit board of this particular model. Many consumers have had problems with it and many have posted complaints. The dishwasher is only three years old. Bosch will cover the cost of a new circuit board, but will not pay for the labor. The Bosch repair people want to charge us $100 to enter our house and look at the dishwasher. The labor would be above and beyond that minimum amount of money. Considering this is a problem that has been reported by MANY owners of this same model, one would assume a company such as Bosch would stand behind the product and offer to cover the expense of the repair. (Honestly, one would assume Bosch would have issued a recall and fixed all of these defective machines before allowing so many customers to be unhappy.)

I am extremely dissatisfied with the dishwasher, but I am even more dissatisfied with the Bosch company.

Respond

Bosch Dishwasher — poor organization, maybe scam!

This company, that is evidently owned and operated by Sears, is both incompetent and completely disorganized...

Bosch Dryerpoor customer service

First called 2/1 to tell them that Bosch stackable dryer door hook had snapped off - bought from B&S five years earlier as a washer/dryer unit for about $1800. Arranged to have technician come for "assessment" even tho I told them what was needed. Blizzards came and it was rescheduled. Technician called 2/16 and because I read the #on the dryer door, he was able to handle assessment on phone - charge was $99.95. On 2/19 when I came home from work there was a message from B&S asking that I "authorize" the ordering of the part - couldn't call until Monday as they were closed and not open weekends. On 2/22 I authorized the ordering and also a charge of approx. $106. When the part came in, the first Monday or Tuesday (my days off work) that was available was today so I set up the appt. with the technician. He arrived during the window that was given to me and within 10 minutes was out the door. I just feel that over $200 for having this expensive dryer repaired when I knew exactly what part was needed is excessive; additionally, from Feb. 1 to March 8 is too long - even with blizzards! They have lost me as a customer for anything.

Respond

Bosch — never buy bosch - bad products, horrible after sales service

We bought a bosch washing machine (Maxx) on recommendation from an electrical retailer who claimed bosch...

Bosch Tankless 1600Pdoa

Bought the unit online from houeseneeds.com. Installed the unit and it doesn't work. Contacted houseneeds to be advised unit is not returnable because it had been installed (Like i'm suposed to know it's dead by looking at the box??) was advised to phone the service line but live in a remote area with no phone service. So I emailed a help request form found at boschhotwater.com, 4 times... No reply to date (2 weeks)
            Do not buy any products from bosch or houseneeds... They will sell you junk and cut you loose to fend for yourself!!!

Bosch / Dishwasherendless cycle

Do NOT invest in any Bosch appliances for your house! I built a second home and outfitted it with what I thought was the top of the line appliances; Bosch diswasher SHE531UC, washing machine, and dryer--within 3 years the washing machine started to make a metal grinding sound so I contacted the authorized repair man. $250 for parts/labor--2 wks later it was worse and then stopped working completely. Repair man stated that it was defective and couldn't be fixed. Called Bosch customer service (used loosely since they are useless and not happy people!) and they told me that it was installed incorrectly and there was nothing that they could do. Less than 2 yrs later the dryer stopped working--some mysterious defect that resulted my purchasing a new dryer (obviously not a Bosch!). And now as I sit here typing my dishwasher which is only almost 6 yrs old has been cycling endlessly...goes down to 1 and sits...This is evidently a "known" defect for this machine but Bosch won't even tell you what part it is so that you can order the replacement...Worthless!

Bosch Gas Rangedust in oven widow

We have owned our Bosch range for four years. During the first year we noticed there was dust in between the glass in the oven door. There is no visible opening where we could see how it got in there and there is no way for us to access it to remove it. It's kooky looking and not what you want see as you check out the roast in the oven. The vendor referred us to Bosch and Bosch advised us to get an independent tech. This obviously occured at the factory so we do not see why it should be our expense. It's devalued our "top of the line" kitchen.

dust in oven widow

1 Response
                  • Fr
                    Frederick Kolingen May 06, 2011

When I use the big burner for 20 minutes full blast, the plastic inside the knob softens up and it makes it very difficult to turn off the burner. It also becomes IMPOSSIBLE to re light the flame on the big burner. BOSCH sucks the big one.
                    Check out the malfunction here

Bosch Dishwasher Shu43c06uc — unable to repair

Re: recall model shu43c. Bought a bosch dishwasher in march 2005 from lowes. It worked fine for awhile, but...

Bosch — powerstar tankless watwer heater

Bosch powerstar tankless water heater quite before one year, well I buy my work jeans at goodwill so I buy...

Bosch Dishwasherextremely unreliable dishwasher

My wife and I bought a Bosch Dishwasher and what a terrible decision! It shuts down every few months on a very expensive dishwasher and Bosch was unwilling to negotiate a solution. It's very expensive, over-engineered and there are very few authorized companies authorized to repair these dishwashers. In DC there is one and it costs a bloody fortune.

When it works it works wonderfully but it's a lousy product and even worse customer service.

Respond

Bosch Axxisbosch refused to take malfunctioning machine

I purchase Bosch washer and dryer a week ago. The washer does not spin properly, thus the clothes are almost wet. The dryer does not dry everything especially the seam and pockets on the pants. You cannot dry wash clothes and towels together because only items close to the sense will dry. I would like to return this equipment for exchange or refund but the company that i bough from and Bosch have refused to accept the claiming that "they have Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. No other compact laundry pair has this award. The machines should give you many, many years of trouble free service". My questions if they believe that highly on their product how come they cannot accept them once a customer is dissatisfied?

Boschhob pan support

After just 2 years the paint of the cast iron hob pan support weared off and is corroding. The arrogant local agent said its just wear and tare . I submited a customer complaint on the bosch website but they didn t even acknowledged my complaint... I swear No more Bosch products in my life. .. Expensive appliances with Poor quality and No customer service.

hob pan support

Boschbad service

If you have been as unfortunate as me to call Bosch appliances' customer service department, you will know that they do not provide any level of customer service. More specifically they:

1. never answer the phone, but rather transfer you directly to a hold queue with music.
                        2. after waiting up to 30 mins in the hold queue, no one ever answers the phone and yet, they end the call without any recorded or human explanation.
                        This seems almost impossibly true, but it is. I can not contemplate how a company can do this, and wonder if after exposing this type of non-service, if anyone in the company will do anything about it.
                        At least I hope that other consumers will see this and be discourage from purchasing their products knowing there is no manufacturer support behind them.

2 Responses
                          • Da
                            Darek Feb 25, 2009

We chose this product during our remodel for several reasons: the Bosch name; the graceful look; the powerful exhaust. It IS all of those things with a fatal flaw... a "plastic finned" exhaust wheel. For the price you pay this part should be metal.

Within the first year of use it has required 3 new exhaust wheels and one new motor. I'm not sure why the motor (maybe out of balance?) but we purchased it at Lowe's and had the extra warranty so the local guys did the repair. It always starts with a snapping sound. I believe it's the sound of one of those "fins" in the wheel breaking. Then it's out of balance and shakes like it will take the wall with it.

The bummer is it takes up to 6 weeks for repair. The longest extended time we've been able to use this appliance is 2 months.

• Da
                            Darek Feb 24, 2009

On 1/6/09, we purchased a Bosch Nexxt 800 Series Washer from our local Lowe's.

On 1/7/09, we went back to Lowe's to pickup the washer that we purchased the day before. After two Lowe's workers loaded it into our truck we then noticed two of the leveling legs on the bottom of the washer were damaged. We then checked with Customer Service to see if any other legs could be found. Unfortunately, the ones we were shown would not fit.. So we were told to contact the Lowe's Service Advantage.

On our call to Lowe's Service Advantage we were transferred to a Bosch specialist named Johanna. She wanted to know the part number and said that a Service call would need to be done. We gave her our email address for the parts list to be emailed to us. We said that a Service Call would not be needed since they are screw in legs that we can do ourselves.

After receiving the email we then spoke with Vince of Bosch on 1/7/09 with the part number. He told us that we would have to pay $4 for each leg. And he said that we would have to "Take the washer back to where we purchased it".

We then asked for his supervisor which he said that we would have to call back the next day for the supervisor.

We then called Lowe's just after hanging up with Vince from Bosch and told the store manager what we were told to either pay for the legs, it would need to be a service call or that we should return the washer to where we bought it. He then asked for our phone number and would call us back. He called us back and said that they took the legs off of another Bosch Washer for us.

Bosch may get a high rating for the products, but if we had known what a problem it would be to deal with the Bosch specialists we "Would Not Have Bought a Bosch Washer". They don't deserve a good rating for customer service.

As of today, 1/14/09, I have "not received any word regarding our problem from Bosch."

Bosch Dishwasher — replacement control panel voluntary recall

the control panel is being voluntarily recalled on dishwasher model SHU43C02UC. I requested my replacement...