Having problems with Bosch?

Bosch reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review Repair or refund my money to go and buy the brands with normal terms and conditions was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint Bosch service was resolved on Dec 13, 2014. Bosch has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 131 reviews. Bosch has resolved 33 complaints.

Bosch Customer Service Contacts

Thu5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bosch Customer Service. Initial Bosch complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bosch above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bosch. Discuss the issues you have had with Bosch and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bosch Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Boschstarted on fire

Just had our bosch dishwasher start on fire. We had started the load after a late supper and I happened to still be awake when there came a crackling/popping noise from the kitchen. I went in to find flames coming out of the selector button area of the dishwasher. It also charred the underside and front edge of our kitchen counter top. I am so glad 1) that we were home and not at a time that I started a load and ran errands and 2) that I was still awake to hear it and catch it early. Very scary. By the looks of these other complaints I do not think we will purchase another bosch.

Bosch Dishwasher — paid for product never received

We bought an item for $580 on ebay. The company has high ratings on ebay so thought it was a good company to...

Bosch Stainless Steel Dishwasherno refund of $150.00 received

Rebate of $150.00 for installation offered by bosch/sears together. Sent rebate into bosch address with all required paperwork in may 2012. Waited until the end of august & I was told they never got it. Resubmitted to theis resubmissions dept (that should have told me something there, so many not rec'd there is a resubmission dept!!) waited 3 more wewks, they said not rec'd on their www.web-rebates.com website. I phoned them [protected] and they said they rec'd it and it was never processed. Said wait four more weeks!!! This is a major runaround. A huge company like this stiffing us peons, c'mon bosch, make good on your offers.

Bosch$1340 dishwasher not working

We spent $1340 on a Bosch dishwasher. It stopped working in nov 2011 after 28 months. Bosch give their dishwashers 2years . I complained on Bosch customer service line twice and wrote to their website. Bosch suggested contacting extended warranty insurance company. The service provider of insurance company got a solenoid from Bosch. This did not fix problem so dishwasher still didn't work. The service provider then suggested getting a new motor but said that Bosch wouldn't be able to provide it for some time. By this time we had wasting 4 months of extended warranty. I wrote email to Bosch who suggested I contacted insurance company to see if they would extend my extended warranty for the amount of time we had been waiting for parts- four months. Eventually new motor was sent from Bosch and service provider arrived at my house to remove dishwasher. Five months They said they would work on dishwasher in their workshop as it could take 3 hours which would be a waste in my home!!!

My Bosch dishwasher is not in my home, is not doing the job for which I purchased it - to wash dishes Consumer beware - Research which dishwasher you buy.

Boschbad, bad bad dishwasher

My husband purchased a Bosch SHE 56C dishwasher for me just over 5 years ago. We had always been told BOSCH was the best and this was my birthday present. Two months ago, the water stopped getting hot, a new water heater was ordered and replaced and now the electronic panel is supposedly bad. It wasn't before the water heater was replaced. This dishwasher is a piece of crap!!! I have had China dishwashers last longer this one and that's not saying much! Stay away, stay away stay away. Be very wary of this one!

Tassimo Bosch Coffee Makerprice

I bought a tassimo coffee maker. it was on sale for 168.00. Afterwards I saw it on sale for 148.00 at Homeoutfitters at Square one and 128.00 at Walmart square one. I feel Candaian Tire should meet their price and give me a credit. I have used the machine once and cannot return it.

Bosch Service Centre TA Cencarpoor workmanship

I took my vehicle in for a service on th 26th of Oct 2011 for a super 40 service. I informed Bosch that on a previous service that they had informed me that the aircon radiator was leaking and would need to be repaired. I advised them that they could now go ahead and repair the Aircon radiator. Bosch informed me that I would need to pay a R1000 deposit before they could order the parts. I paid the deposit and Bosch informed me that when the parts arrived, that they would call me and let me know when i could bring my vehicle back in for the repairs. A few days later, Bosch called me and advised that I could bring my vehicle in on the 3rd of November 2011. I informed Bosch that in addition to the aircon repairs, that they would need to check why my vehicle was leaking oil from the service on the 26/10/11? On the collection of my vehicle on 3/11/11, Bosch assured me that everything had been checked and that they had replaced the caps which had not been closed properly by their mechanics, hence the leaking oil, and that I should have no further issues. Sadly today on 12/12/11, i discovered that my vehicle is leaking oil again and that water is spraying all over the engine... Who can i complain to about this, because when i called the Manager at Bosch Centurion (Carlo) and queried whether they knew what they were doing, he responded “No!”

Bosch Witbank — unfit repairs team

I sent my car for repairs, it had blown the cylinder head. So I had purchased a good working replacement one...

Boschpoor quality

I bought all Bosch Appliances in 2008 when building my new home. My Washing Machine Nexxt 500 series leaked around the seal within the first 6 months. When you remove the bleach/fabric softner dispenser, there is black mold all over the back of this piece of plastic and once it is out, there is also black mold all behind it and I find it impossible to completely clean. The clothes, do not get very clean and often the towels smell moldy. There is mold growing on the inner seal and what was supposed to be LARGE capacity is NOT. I am completely disappointed in the quality of this product. The matching Dryer is okay, it does dry fast. It is SUPPOSED to be energy saving, however, it is not. There is no way to turn OFF the wrinkle guard option, so unless you plan to babysit this dryer, everything cycles off and on for hours. My Bosch dishwasher does not get dishes clean, is of a very poor quality on the racks and very little except plates and glasses fit. The racks have fallen apart, and are not secure enough to hold dishes steady. This was considered the 'top of the line' dishwasher and was quite pricey compared to other brands. I would NEVER buy a Bosch product again.

Bosch Premium Plus Battery — free replacement not honored

A Bosch Premium Plus battery was purchased in August of 2009 for $89.99, plus taxes, state battery recycling...

Jack Bosch — general

This guy is touting buying worthless land then selling to unsuspecting investors who are less informed than...

Boschrebates

was not informed aboout how to go about receving my rebate. was told by Bosch that they should of provided me with every thing necessary to recving my rebate but when I contacted them I was told that the cut off date that the paper work needed to be turned in had passed and that it was my responsibility to know how to receve the rebate. they would not take any resposibility. Bosh would not take any respsibility. so like always the customer takes it in the shorts once more. I spent almost $5, 000.00 and today if I could get my money back I would return everything back to them. I also would tell anyone who would lissen not to do bussness with eather one of them.

Boschmicro/conv oven arrived broken

Purchased Bosch micro/conv oven on April 19 2011 along with other products. Oven arrived broken making loud noise. Called store that sold it and was told I had to call appliance repair company. They came and said oven could possibly be fixed and put in new fan blades. Left and fan blades broke immediately. Called store and they contacted regional rep who said "Too bad - customer has to wait for parts to come in and see if it can be repaired" What!!! I paid $729 plus a $24o trim kit and I have to accept a broken oven that can't be used!!! DO NOT BUY BOSCH TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Jacques Bosch Photography — don't trust them

I've got married 24 September 2010 and asked Jacques and Natasha Bosch to do our wedding photography -...

Bosch Hammer Drillinjury whilst using drill

I bought a Bosch Hammer drill from Argos on 19th November 2010 and used it once, the handle on the side of the drill came off. I put it back on as instructed by the bosch instructions that came with the drill and when i used the Hammer drill, the handle went forward and jammed onto the chuck at the top of the drill, this force the drill to twist round and badly twised my arm tearing ligaments and the muscle in my arm, i have been to see a doctor and he has confirmed this and said i was lucky if the drill had gone at a slightly different angle it would have pierced my chest and it could have killed me. I am now having some treatment for the injury.
                    I took the drill back to Argos in Harlow, Essex where i purchased it, on the 13th December 2010 and gve a mini statement to them, they have since told me that i now need to take this complaint up with you, can you please advise me what needs to be done now.

Bosch — junk dishwasher

I purchased and paid top dollar for a Bosch dishwasher that has not worked properly from the day it wa...

Boschbeware

Ahh, the Bosch stainless steel gas range. When you go to light the oven, you cannot light the burners. When you go to clean the shiny surface, you end up wiping the letters off for the controls. When the oven is hot, you can burn yourself if you touch the right corner of the range top. Ahh Bosch. Why or why was I such a fool to buy such a worthless piece of junk? Did I learn my lesson. Yup. Never again, and I hope you will never make the same mistake. Don't be be led astray by appearance. Underneath that shiny oven is shoddy workmanship. Beware!

Bosch / Dishwasherelectronic warranty

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM, L. Holzer <[protected]@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello ComplaintsBoard.com

1/18/11

This is L. Holczer and I am glad you contacted me to confirm my posting. Anyway I sent off my last notice to BOSCH with an attached picture of mine (their) "burnt out" control module. I also mentioned that on my Care & Instructional Manual which included my unit plus

five others, the SHU33 was included. As I mentioned in my previous post the SHU33 was one of several units required by the U.S. Product Safety Commission for recall because of the control module. Do they really think that a "how to" guy wouldn't figure out that their circuit board in all these units is probably the same. AH DUH !
                        Now why this is a potentially dangerous problem is that along with flooding, the machine motor might stay on until it burns out. I first noticed my problem when the machine which was in quick- wash mode was still running after nearly two hours. I (according to the manual) stopped the machine, and it emptied the water inside. The next day thinking that maybe because we had opened the door to add some dishes had somehow screwed up the timing of the wash cycle. Unfortunately we did another test wash the next day at which time the motor keep running however this time water flooded our kitchen floor. And that is when we called our authorized Bosch Appliance dealer who recommended us our very good repairman, the owner of Davis Appliance, Glenwood Landing, N.Y. Anyway I am writing to tell you that an hour after I posted with you BOSCH has agreed to reimburse me for the expense of the control module. Again I do not expect them to guarantee the repair, my repairman has given me a year on the module, but I did not see how they could deny their own warranty concerning a either a flawed design, or manufacturing process concerning this electronic part of their machine. Otherwise when working this unit performs well, and is extremely quiet.

Thanks for your help,

Lou Holczer

Bosch / Dishwashercontrol module

After less than four years our Bosch Dishwasher -model # SHE42L 15UC - burnt out. As it was the day after Christmas we waited until 12/27/11 to contact our appliance dealer who recommended a good repairman. He figured out that it was the control unit, ordered a new one and replaced it. As Bosch has a five year warranty on its electronics I expected them to cover the cost of the control module. After several E-mails they refused to cover the cost stating that I had not used an authorized Bosch repairman. As I am not asking them for the cost of the repairman ($150.) nor a warranty on the repair itself I find their position on the matter unacceptable, and totally without class. In addition it should be noted that Bosh has already had a “recall” concerning its dishwasher control module on SHE43C, 44C, 46C, 56C, SHU33, 42, 432, 43C, and 53A. As these modules are all similar to my unit, I think the evident speaks for itself; they unfortunately designed a flawed control module, or have an outside vendor with a manufacturing problem.

Bosch Aquastar 240fx Tankless Water Heater — premature failure

I purchased this Bosch AquaStar 240FX, quite expensive water heater based on Bosch reputation for quality. I...