Bluegreen Vacation Clubstay away from this scam!

My husband and I purchased a timeshare through Bluegreen at ShoreCrest I in No Myrtle Beach, SC. We have 12,000 points every other year. As, GT McDaniel, we soon learned that we didn't have enough points to use the timeshare for an entire week. Whenever I called to make a reservation, there were never any openings. The $149.00 week stay rather than using our points, never heard of. We also have RCI bonus weeks that are useless! We were definitely mislead. We pay outrageously high interest to a mortgage company owned by Bluegreen, Conflict of interest. No attorney was present at the loan closing. We were never told about the maintenance fee, which is exorbitant, between the monthly payment and the maintenance fee I don't know how much longer we can hold out. We tried to sell our timeshare back to bluegreen, they refused, referred us to a real estate company (Pinnacle Vacations) owned by Bluegreen...I paid Pinnacle $35.00 in 2005 and again in Dec 2006. Nothing! Hope we can do something about this. Thinking of going to the Atty Gen.

Thanks for listening.

• Ng
    NG Feb 19, 2007

I purchased a Bluegreen Vacation Club package in August 2006 at Mountain Loft, Gatlinburg, TN. This was undoubtedly the biggest mistake I ever made in my life!! Bluegreen will lie to you and tell you everything you want to hear, but when you go to use the plan you THOUGHT you purchased, you will find that everything they told you is a lie or a real stretch of the truth. Bluegreen's sales staff is encouraged, paid and rewarded to tell you EVERYTHING BUT THE TRUTH about the plan you purchase. They tell you that you can vacation when and where you want; that you can use your points anywhere, any time; that you can sell it back to them and won't lose any money; that you are getting a great deal and won't ever have to pay for a vacation again!! Those statements couldn't be farther from the truth. You can vacation IF you go wherever they have availability - that might be in Minnesota when you want to go to Florida, or Missouri when you want to go to Hawaii. They tell you that they own all the resorts where you can get space. That is another lie. Some of the resorts they do own, but in most all the others, they only have a 'usage agreement' and may have as few as 8 to 10 rooms available for Bluegreen users at any time. If you want to sell your package back to them, they will tell you to list it with a timeshare agent - not their people as they told you when you bought it. And as for not paying for a vacation - that is another untrue statement. You'll be paying for this the rest of your life - either in the payments you are making to them, or the maintenance, usage and taxes that they levy on you EVERY YEAR FOREVER!! And these can go up on a whim, whenever they choose. Even your heirs will be forced to pay these fees, ranging from a few hundred dollars to the thousands, depending on what you buy. But you will still be in the same pool with the rest of us, fighting for space at your chosen resort, which most likely won't happen. Bottom line - BUYER BEWARE OF BLUEGREEN!! If I never went on another vacation, I still wouldn't choose Bluegreen. Think twice!!

• Dm
    D.M. Metcalf Apr 04, 2007

I am curious if you or anybody has experience with the "Free Bahamas Vacation Giveaway" offered by Blue Green as a ploy to get you to Orlando to do their 2-hr presentation. I "won" this trip for 2, a $2500 giveaway involving a 2-day, 2 night? Cruise to Nassaua, 4 days in a 3-star hotel in Orlando, and 2 nights at a "Whyndam or equivalent" hotel. 2- 2-day VIP passes to the Disney World properties, and a 'free' rental car.

It sounds like the $2500 total cost to them, for a 7-day vacation package, must involve staying at the Notell Motel, and the cruise ship must be a converted tug boat.

If anybody out there has done this trip, or knows somebody who has, please comment on this forum.

• Mm
    mmmchoc Apr 05, 2017

@D.M. Metcalf it is a nice trip, but they say it is a 2 hour presentation that turns in to almost an entire day. They will transfer you from one person to another, each putting more pressure on you, they will tell you what you want to hear, and sell you a huge package. and you will be stuck with it.

Be carful, if you can not handle high pressure sales, you will end up with a time share you can not sell.

Mark Ragucci Oct 08, 2007

I won pretty much the same thing i was looking around to see if anybody has taken the trip yet and to see if it is on the level. Does any one know if it is true or a scam (they did specify the cruse to Nassaua was the Royal Caribbian)?

• Wd
    WdavidWilliams Jan 04, 2008

Sales Agents are not Trained to tell you ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH. I worked for B.G. For two years, and witnessed many of my fellow employees fired for even the smallest lie. Now getting in to one of the resorts is kind of tough, But I have had little porblem using my points, I Just Have to plan ahead. And book as soon as you want to go. I guess it helps that I purchased of site.

• Cu
    Curtis222 Feb 06, 2017

@WdavidWilliams This guy replies the same exact way on multiple blogs. Must be trained to say the same thing the sales reps tell you.

• Dl
    d.l.daniel Jan 07, 2008

Our nephew "won" a cruise and happened to be out at sea in the Caribbean during a major hurricane. He and his wife loved the experience, were taken care of 24/5 even thoough their cruise was supposed to be 24/3 -- they were our at sea for an extra couple days because the dock for their return disembark took two days to repair so the ship could dock. They say they had a marvelous experience, even though the circumstances were strained. Since their experience, they have joined Bluegreen and love it.

kathyaw Aug 31, 2018

@d.l.daniel I have to say we bought into BG in June 2017, and by August 2017mwe were trying to get out of it becuase it is A LOT of money (we are bronze leverl, never were offered anything less). WE have gone on our "FREE" cruise they "gave" us to sweeten the dealt. It was not FREE (867.00 ) because we had to go in the summer as my daughter is a teacher and can't take off work and i watch my grandchildren. We had a inside room on the 1st deck. We enjoyed every minute of it because we love cruising. While I do feel that BG lies, entices and does not tell the whole truth we have taken two vacations with them in a year and enjoyed every minute of each place. WE have gone to Shenandoah crossing in Virginia over Memorial day weekend and went to Harbor Lights in Myrtle Beach in July 2018. WE loved both places. We came back and booked a vacation to Mountain Loft in Tennesee for next July and have have had no problems booking places and we book 3 or 4 rooms as we travel with our grown adult children and grandchildren.I will say as Bronze members we get to book out 11 months. I will sy again we didn't even know we could buy less than bronze as it was NEVER offered so maybe if he had we would have problems booking. WE were suckers i guess they realized after talking to us that we could "afford" bronze. Buyer beware as they have ways to figure out what you can afford. Are we happy in the end...so far yes. WE will see what the future holds. I guess because we love to travel and we do travel this is actually good. WE walk out after each vacation owing nothing and we chip in for food and cook in our rooms.

• Lo
    Lord Mankinholes Jan 18, 2008

why do people think they will not have to pay MF all timeshare owners pay them. You pay for them at home dont you so why should a timeshare be any different.
    Join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo then you will get to know how to use your points

• Ti
    Tim Garner Feb 21, 2008

IF Blue Turd is so gooood why do we see so many complaints on them? They do lie, I was lied to so were lots of other people.

kathyaw Aug 31, 2018

@Tim Garner Agree i feel like we were lied to and talked into something that was VERY expensive. We have only been owners for a year and have utilized our points and after a lot of anguish and anger and angst we decided to keep it and use it. A mistake maybe BUT so far after two vacations with all three of our children and their spouses and grandchildren we have enjoyed it very much going to Shenandoah crossing in Virginia and Harbor Lightws in Myrtle BEach. Just use your points and enjoy life is short.

• Ra
    rady to retire May 19, 2010

I was lied to also. Now I am attempting to find about Pinnacle Vacations. Blue Green told me I should list with them. I can't find anything positive about their work. No one that I can find has sold their time share with them.

• Bl
    bluegreenscam Apr 28, 2011

I've started a Facebook page in the hopes of starting a class action lawsuit like the one in Pennsylvania. Were you lied to at your sales pitch? Join the movement to get a class action lawsuit going. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180578055325962

• Mo
    mommyrn98 May 24, 2011

We are in the same boat. We had every intention of selling after taking one trip, but during the owner update, we were told we were not "charter" members, and needed to upgrade (read purchase more points) in order to be able to sell for the amount owed. They said that both accounts would be "rolled together." The chick we talked to also told us that if we decided to sell after adding the points, to call her first because she would get commission for the sale. So when I decided to call her, she just gave me a phone number for Pinnacle, and told me to call them. All I got when I called the number was a voice mail account. Someone from Pinnacle did call, but she told me because we have two biennial accounts, we would be unlikely to be able to sell either, let alone both. I am all for a class action suit. Maybe they didn't outright lie about a lot of things, but they were definitely less than forthcoming with the information that we needed in order to make an informed decision. Bluegreen points are so cheap online right now, you could go to ebay and buy 15000 points for $199. What a rip off.

• Za
    Zachary Gossett Jun 26, 2011

Am trying to sell my timeshare now it's been a lose cause wuth these people I will never do this again

• Mo
    mommyrn98 Jun 26, 2011

Anyone who is interested, there is a facebook page of people upset with Bluegreen and we are looking to bring a class action suit soon. Look for it and join!

• Sg
    sgtdoc Jan 10, 2012

Thinking of going to the Atty Gen. I would go. her name is Pam Bondi.
    Bluegreen is not friendly to military either. they don't lie but leave out important information! they tape the signing so they claim no need for council.

• Tw
    Twmdnn Feb 18, 2013

To make a long story short, my husband and I both were lied to and persuaded to buy BlueGreen timeshare. they also told us "we will sell back your timeshare for $75 if you dont want it anymore" They are trained to say "Pinnacle will sell your timeshare" when you call them to sell it. The free Cruise they gave us just to go hear the 2hour seminar which was 7 hours long, well the free Cruise will cost us $600. we called to make the reservations for the free Cruise and there is nothing available but we can upgrade for $600. Found a cheaper cruise to the same place and same amount of days on Carnival Cruises. Now when my husband and Pass away our children are responsbile for your financial mistake we made buying into Bluegreen. We will be seeking an attorney

• Mi
    Michele G. Thompson Apr 30, 2014

I purchased into Bluegreen approximately 8 years ago. Have been deceived since day 1. I never had a true understanding with them due to the fact that anything I have been told had been changed right after I left the meetings. They constantly had really good reasons to make you upgrade costing more money. I have everything basically that I had to own a worthless timeshare. I am a gold owner that can't ever get booked when I wanted to go. Now I have a pet and still can't use it. Then Pinnacle will not call you or E-mail you back after they get your money. I am definitely dissatisfied with Bluegreen AND pInnacle. If there is a class action lawsuit available please let me know, I am in Ohio PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

• En
    Enrique Lemos Jun 08, 2019

@Michele G. Thompson Dear Michele: I bought mine at Lodge Alley Inn in So. Carolina in October 16, 2002 and paid in full in October 30, 2012. Never, never I could get my own small unit to enjoy at least for one week. So, I've to chose another place to take my vacation after dealing with no one in fact, it was a poorly handled by those individuals no identified at the other end of the phone line. Once was Myrtle Beach, another instance was Gatlinburg, last chance was by Savannah, GA, but never at my own place. In other words, I have to go where they say or suggested me. I'm sick and tired with this situation. So, I placed my unit for sale with Pinnacle Vacation sometimes this year (2019) believing that it'll be the solution but guess what? at this time of the year, June 8, 2019, not a word from this "great corporation" making me another stupid guy who believed in ghosts. I live in Argentina as a retired American, situation that makes even worst dealing from overseas. Enrique L. is my name. Thanks!

Karen Rd Sep 12, 2014

Marty Suniga I also could use this help you speak of to get out of my Bluegreen timeshare and I also would join a class action suit and will go to the facebook page to join. Please pass my email along to whomever helped you. [email protected] I greatly appreciate your help. Another disgruntled BG owner. We are in Indiana.

• Bi
    Bill Liniewicz Dec 18, 2014

My wife and I purchased a "week" at Christmas Mountain in 1996 and have tried to sell it since we never use it, but all we have got were scam artists. I called Blue Green to ask why the title (which I never paid attention to) says Ocean Towers not Christmas Mountain, they said the points (which I bought a week) can be used a t any resort. I said we want out ant the "supervisor David" gave me Pinnacle Vacations as a reputable company to sell our time share. My wife and I want out of paying these yearly fees. Add my name William Liniewicz to any law suit [email protected]

• Ug
    ughlybusiness Jan 22, 2015

I was also scammed by Bluegreen. Was told they would buy back the timeshare at anytime. Called today, Jan 22, 2015, and sure enough was directed to call Pinnacle to have them sell it. Very interested in the lawsuit WHEN it happens. Contact me at [email protected]

Scarlettt1 Feb 25, 2015

I've been a Bluegreen owners since 2006 and have never had any problem booking what I want, when I want. I created a group of happy Bluegreen owners because I was tired of all the erroneous negative information I saw posted. I have now met hundreds of happy Bluegreen owners. If you take the time to learn how to use the membership you chose to buy...you will love it ! My guess is that most if not all of the people who posted have never bothered to go to the Bluegreen site and read all the FAQs muchless join a group of Bluegreen owners to learn how to get the most from what they CHOSE to buy..

Christal. May 08, 2015

I am a bluegreen owner to. I agree with people not being satisfied with them. I want to sell my time share to and they gave me pinnacle to to call. So if what I'm reading its in possible to sell this. I would agree that something needs to be done. The information that they tell you when you buy it is miss leading. I want to be involved in the law suite also. Please contact me [email protected]

Andy Kerr01 May 08, 2015

Yes Bluegreen fails to tell you they own Pinnacle, just another way to get more money out of the owners, and it ain't cheap.

Scarlettt1 May 11, 2015

I suggest you join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo and learn how to use and enjoy it.

• Bo
    Bottjed Jul 02, 2015

We called today to try to sell back our timeshare and were referred to Pinnacle as well. When we called we got a voicemail that told us to leave our name, number, and email and that papers would be sent to ya or we would be contacted. We have never been able to get in to use our points, they are always full! For graving all of these properties, I think they should gave an over abundance of rooms available. They don't because they are too busy bringing in people like ourselves"for free", and therefore have no rooms for those of foolish enough to gave believed their scam! I would be very interested in joining a lawsuit against Bluegreen and would definitely be willing to talk to the Attorney General! This is a big ripoff!

Scarlettt1 Sep 15, 2015

I can't disagree that there are salespeople who do not tell the truth. It's a shame because we love our Bluegreen, and so do our adult kids. The first thing you need to do is educate yourself about how to use it. The key is planning ahead or being flexible enough to find things last minute.

I plan all my vacations in advance. I have booked all my 2016 trips and am thinking about where we want to go in 2017.

I have personally met at least 150 happy Bluegreen owners at meet and greets that through an online group, we set up at various resorts, with us forming lifelong friendships.

First you need to read all the FAQs on the Bluegreen website. Then, as someone suggested, join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo. Educate yourself as to how to use your ownership correctly and you will come to enjoy it.

• Er
    ErikaN Oct 12, 2015

Bluegreen is a scam!!! They take you for whatever you have. Same thing they tell you all the good stuff which is good until you actually try to book and there are no rooms on the dates you can go. Worst thing is getting in a financial bind and needing to sell it. No they will not buy it back. If it is so good how come they don't offer to buy it back even at a cheaper rate. They give you a number to call to pinnical vacations which is also owned by them. That is how they have the money to keep all these places looking amazing. They get money from people when they buy then charge maintenance fee on top of it. The people with good reports are either people working for them or people who haven't had to try to sell the timeshare. They would get upset too if they watched all their money go down the drain.

Scarlettt1 Oct 13, 2015

My first purchase was for 7, 000 points. At the end of the purchase they go through line by line what the costs will be, so I do not understand your apparent surprise at having a maintenance fee. The final walk through is recorded.

I suggest you read all the FAQs on their website, and join a group to learn how to use the purchase you chose to make.

There are some wonderful groups out there.. Those of us who have taken the time to educate ourselves as to how to use our Bluegreen, love it.

I don't work for Bluegreen, I am a teacher, and I've never tried to sell it because we use each and every point each year. My adult kids love it too, and can't wait to get my points ...lol

• Ca
    Carol Cannon Oct 21, 2015

I would love to be involved in a lawsuit against blue green [email protected]

Scarlettt1 Oct 22, 2015

I suggest instead you get involved with groups online to learn how to use it, and enjoy it, rather than put yourself at risk by being taken by promises of legal success, as many have been.

• Di
    Divafrog Jan 13, 2016

I was "talked" into purchasing Bluegreen out of the Big Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO. Later again talked into adding more points. Only used it once and not able to use again as the maintenance fees took all our vacation money. I have listed it for sell on Sell My Timeshare and lost $400 on that. Mine is paid off finally so that one vacation was very expensive with the interest I paid over the years. I just want out what is owed on the MF and be done with it. I have gotten divorced since purchasing it and it has ruined 2 peoples credit and pocketbooks. I would love to find a Class Action suit to get rid of this. I researched the Pinnacle idea and like others seems to be a way to collect while you add more fees to their pockets.

If it is so good why do the current owners not want to buy up the shares so many people want to get rid of?

Scarlettt1 Jan 14, 2016

Current owners do not have to buy shares that people want to get rid of, because there are people on ebay who are giving their points away, some even paying the transfer fee to leave a system they apparently did not take the time to learn how to use.

If you only used the points you chose to purchase once, how were you " talked into " buying more points a second time?

I suggest you join some online groups to learn how to use your points most effectively.

• Di
    Divafrog Jan 14, 2016

The original points were never enough for any place we even considered going and then when we got the additional points life happened and was not able to use it but the fees accrued. I have no desire to use it and if my new husband and I travel he would like it to not be something from my past that got us there. I was told from the beginning that they would buy them back as they needed stock if people wanted to let it go.

I have no desire to join any groups to use this. I do have friends that like theirs and use them but it is not for me. So now if my child inherits this in the future it will ruin another persons credit as she can't afford the fees for sure. I need help please!!!

Scarlettt1 Jan 14, 2016

I suggest you give your points to your friends who like theirs. Hopefully they might be willing to pay the $450 transfer fee.

I sincerely doubt a class action suit will be successful, though you will find folks willing to take your money to join one.

Hoping you'll find resolution.

• So
    sonika1 Feb 26, 2016

My wife and I purchased a "week" at Christmas Mountain 2015 in Vegas and have tried to sell it since we never use it, but all we have got were scam artists. I called Blue Green several time but no one ever responded. I said we want out ant the "supervisor David" gave me Pinnacle Vacations as a reputable company to sell our time share. My wife and I want out of paying these yearly fees. Add my name Ajitesh Narayan to any law suit [email protected]

sadHus Mar 08, 2016

Myself and My Girlfriend went to BGV presentation, I was misleaded and got in to this SCAM. They kept us there from 2:00 PM - 7:30 PM with out food. We were tiered and want to go back to our hotel ASAP in the end. That moment they brought the financial documents and had me signed 40 pages with tons of signatures and initials. I have not even read that because of time spend there and my situation. Finally I opened account with them and they did not showed me about CANCELLATION processes clearly as they dont want to loss my money. I came back i got one email saying i will be receiving point every 2 years not for 1 year. So i tried to reach them for the number they gave me but no body answered as they were busy cheating other people like me. I dont know the policy that i have to cancel this account before 10 days to get rid of this ****. So i was trying to call them on the same numbers what they gave me to call during presentation if we have any questions. Parallel i was busy at my office and I dont even have time to call them but still i called them 20 times in first 12 days. Finally my girl friend found one number from google and called to that number. Then we came to know that we already crossed the cancellation period and we cant called this BULL **** account. From that movement i called several people but no body were help in our situation. FINALLY i understand we are in trap by looking at google, there are thousands of people who got cheated by this **** company. Still i tried to use my points again same story repeated, I was not able to book one complete week with my points not even one weekend, which is ridiculous. There is on BGV booth in our city so whenever i go there i try to help people by educating them before that booth so that they can't cheat people. I dont understand how company people are working for that company where this company is cheating people openly. GOD is watching them, they have to pay for this in this life and the hearafter life. I try to help people whenever i get chance from this company.

Scarlettt1 Mar 10, 2016

" They kept us there from 2:00 PM - 7:30 PM with out food " To my knowledge nobody has ever been kept prisoner. I assume you have a cell phone and could have called the police to have them help you escape.

Join one of the Bluegreen groups online, and several of the thousands of members ( in the Yahoo group, for example ) will be happy to enlighten you as to how to successfully use the program you made a free choice to buy into.

Reading the FAQs on Bluegreen's website will also be illuminating.

I will be copying and pasting your comments for the groups of happy Bluegreen owners, that I belong to...Thanks ..

Joan Lynn Mar 10, 2016

I am amazed by the number of people that don't know what they are buying or that there are yearly maintenance fees. Were they not listening to what they were agreeing to during the recorded portion of the purchase when completing the sale?

My family has purchased three times and we love our Bluegreen. Learn how to use what you purchased instead of trying to pass the buck.

• Bo
    Bob4500 Mar 11, 2016

I just love it when people state they can never make a reservation. I make at least 12 every year, all you have to do is plan ahead. We go to places like Aruba, Florida Keys, Charleston SC, Myrtle Beach, St. Pete Beach, Daytona, Miami and Savannah GA. Most are at least a week and some are more than a week.

• Bl
    Bluegreen gullable Apr 13, 2016

Please don't buy Bluegreen. It is a total SCAM. Never availability. Pay more in fees and maintenance than you will ever use. Can't cancel contract unless you sell to some other sucker. What at TOTAL WASTE of hard earned money.

• Gl
    GlendaH Nov 17, 2016

My husband and I were also SCAMMED INTO Bluegreen also. I got a call in July of 2015 from them stating that I can go for a 3 day 2 night stay in Gatlinburg, TN and all I had to do was go to "one of their 2 hours sell pitch". So my husband and I fell for it, since we hadn't been able to take a vacation in the last 15 yrs. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! The "2 hour preview" was well after they closed the doors for the night. We were the only people left in the building. However, they did lie to us enough that we ended up buying into their SCAM TWICE!!! So here we sit with 15, 000 points plus RCI and have NEVER BEEN ABLE TO USE IT because we can't afford it. Between the monthly payments that's owed every month then 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE DUE DATE they SLAM YOU WITH A $1400 BILL that is due a week before Christmas. WHAT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! I to have never been able to talk to anyone. Once they get your money, YOU are invisible to them. They DON'T CARE if your going to lose everything you own. All they cared about was GETTING EVERY DIME THEY COULD OUT OF YOU. So if there is a LAW SUIT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. My email address is: [email protected] GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THAT GOT SCAMMED BUY BLUEGREEN & IT'S AFFILATES!!

AngieMazz Dec 02, 2016

The same thing happened to my ex and I. Guess who got the TS headaches in the divorce. Yep, me. You need to just get out of it. That's what I did. I'd be more than happy to tell you how. I hate those SOBs! I'd love to help them lose as many members as I can. Feel free to email me anytime. My name is Angie and my email address is [email protected]