BLS Myheritage Ltdthis company charged me for something, but I have no idea for what

R

I recently checked my account and noticed that unknown for me company BLS Myheritage LTD took money from my account. I didn’t authorize any payments and it was very strange. As well as I checked reviews about this company and found out that there were many customers, who lost different sums of money and they couldn’t reach the seller. I have the same issues. Please, help me to return money back.

RESOLVED

• In
    Inger Marianne Jacobsson Oct 04, 2016

Yes, and I am one of those who also had been robbed.
    Think it's are pure the theft and want to somehow get the money back and should also get an apology over their behavior.
    If the money does not come back by return I want my abbonemang ceases with immediate effect
    They have taken 2627.12 SEK yesterday on 3/10 in 2016.
    You do not do that to us.
    Shame on you!
    Marianne, [protected]@gmail.com

• Tr
    Tracy Altieri Feb 13, 2017

I also just got notice for a charge to my credit card for this with no authorization. Calling my credit card company right now!

• Bu
    Burch246 Mar 09, 2017

Happened to me as well. Working with the credit card company

• Gi
    Ginger Scherrer Mar 20, 2017

they got me for $175. I contacted them while the charge was still pending and they sent me an email stating the charge would be stopped. It wasn't. I contacted them again and they called me and I finally agreed to a refund of half of my money and a verification email. I got neither. RIP OFF!. Filing a complaint now with the Utah BBB

• El
    EllKS May 07, 2017

Did not check my Visa card transactions on line till almost 2 months later, and very surprised to find A$221 ripped out for nothing I can remember authorising!! Now comes the hard part of working out just what to do to recover the money!

@EllKS Dear EIKS,

I regret to find that you were charged for an annual membership without knowing of the annual membership charge and I will do all I can to help.
    Firstly, I must clarify that Myheritage informs all of the annual charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and after every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I would be happy to assist you personally with canceling your membership and issuing you a full refund. In order to do so, I’m going to need to locate your account.

Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com so i may assist you with this as soon as possible.

• Pa
    Patricia337 Jun 17, 2019

@RafaelMyHeritage I was charges 189.00 dollars from my bank account.. I did not authorize this charge, I have never heard of this company and do not do genealogy. Please refund my money at once. I did not purchase a plan and have no idea why this was charged on my account.

• Rc
    RCourt Jul 05, 2017

Just checked my bank account, $117.00 charge from these people. Called my bank, sent My Heritage an email, it's pure fraud! I did not authorize
    anything, don't recall giving them anything resembling my debit card, how did they get it??? Are they affiliated with Ancestry.com? Or the YDNA test I ordered from another company? I have been to their site three times, it says. Going to call the company in the morning. This is ridiculous!

@RCourt Dear RCourt,

• Ho
    Hope Kiah Jul 22, 2017

I have the same problem. $119.40. Did some digging. GO HERE: http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/ Type REFUND in the search field. Fill out the form. I just did this and am waiting to see what happens. In the meantime I'm notifying my credit card company.

@Hope Kiah Dear Hope,

• Ho
    Hope Kiah Jul 22, 2017

Same here. I went here http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/, typed REFUND in the search field, and filled out their refund request form. I got an automated reply saying they'd be in touch. I also told Chase. They canceled the charge, marked it as fraud, and changed our card number. It's a pain, but worth it in case the company sells our information.

@Hope Kiah Dear Hope,

• On
    oneo Sep 14, 2017

I have been ripped off too, within two days two payments were deducted from my account with my approval total amount 411 Euro.
    how do I contact this company for an explanation
    Dessie

• To
    Ton Bakker Oct 26, 2017

Even in The Netherlands BLS*MYHERITAGE_LTD takes money from ICS card, in my case 123, 65 Euro.Thanks to ANWB-ICS I can fill in a complaintform, and the money will be returned.Look at internet, and find a whole list of people complaining about fraudulous deductions.
    Hope you all will get back your money,
    greetings, Beijington, The Netherlands.

• To
    Ton Bakker Oct 26, 2017

Staat BLS voor [censor]??

• Ni
    nijole Mar 31, 2018

Please stop to charge.I no more membership.I would like many back.

• Jd
    Jdeg4 May 23, 2018

I've never used this service and contacted my bank to dispute a $159.20 credit card charge. They are reversing this. I called the merchant phone number listed on the bank statement [protected]). Conveniently, nobody in sales or support is ever available.

JOHN7234 Jun 24, 2018

Two days ago, my Mum got scammed by a person speaking English with an Indian accent. He stated he was a government official and needed her personal information and credit card details. Next day, there was a $300 charge on her credit card from My Heritage (BLS*MYHERITAGE_LTD [protected] IL). It seems the scammer set up an account in her name and paid for the service using my Mum's credit card. Presumably, the scammer was hoping to get more information to steal her identity. We contacted My Heritage immediately and they have promised to refund within 10 days. There are other websites which say this scam is happening all around the world, and originated in India.

We have cancelled the credit card - which is a nuisance - and if the refund comes through - it won't have caused too much of a financial problem. Of more concern is the breach of privacy. In this case, it's lucky MyHeritage security systems aren't good - we have been able to access the My Heritage account which was set up by the scammer and delete all personal information. Earlier this month the company reported a huge breach of security and hacking of personal information.

@JOHN7234 Dear MyHeritage Member,

I regret to find your complaint but it is well understood and I will do all I can to help.

Issues of security such as these are extremely important to us and I would like to forward this to the privacy department to ensure nothing like this happens again.

If you would be so kind as to write to me personally at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com with more information on this issue, It would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to escalate it as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Sahith Guntamukkala Nov 03, 2018

@JOHN7234 Nearly 417dollars has been deducted from my mom credit card without any OTP. Confirmation and that's from the same bls.heritage.ltd, so what I have to do to get our money back

marjewel Aug 07, 2018

Dear My Heritage,

I did not authorize a charge of $159.20 from yur company. I have had to shut down my credit card account due to fradulent access to my account. Please work with my credit union to get this issue resolved because I want my money to be put back into the account. Your number does not work either so there is no one to talk to.
    Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

@marjewel Dear MyHeritage Member,

I regret to find your complaint and I will do all I can to help.

MyHeritage informs all of the annual charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and after every renewal.

We value the purchase satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

(Our terms and conditions) ----> https://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/popup-terms-conditions.php

I would be happy to assist you personally with canceling your membership and issuing you a full refund. In order to do so, I need to locate the purchase and your registered account.

Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address to rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may assist you with this as soon as possible.

Sincerely

@marjewel Dear MyHeritage Member,

It seems you had a duplicate account under another e-mail address and this registered e-mail address was under the status of Hard Bounce which means the e-mail messages being sent to you were returned to the sender for various reasons.

In any case, I have now located your account and issued you a full refund in compliance with our 30-day money back guarantee. Please allow several days for this to process.

I have also written you a private e-mail with regards to this issue, please feel free to e-mail me back anytime if you need more assistance with your refund.

• Fa
    faye schreffler Sep 05, 2018

Yes I too received this fraudulent charges on my account of
    09/04/18

BLS*MYHERITAGE LTD [protected] UT
    $84.00

I had to cancel my business card and now my business without a way to conduct business because of MyHeritage thieving ways. I have posted on multiple social media sites, sent multiple emails and messages, don't bother calling because no live person works there. My next step is to get my business lawyers involved because the way they run this just sounds illegal. I mean how are they allowed to have your personal information without a consent form or release form signed? I know in my field that's a big HIPPA violation big time!!

Johnny MyHeritage Team Sep 05, 2018

Dear Faye,

I'm sorry to find your complaint and I would like to genuinely apologize for any inconvenience.

I would like to clarify that MyHeritage offers a money back guarantee and I'd like to ensure you receive a full refund by all means.

We absolutely value every single one of our genealogy researchers. Please write to my inbox personally at john.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may ensure this is handled as soon as possible.

Sincerely Yours,
    John,
    MyHeritage Team

• Me
    Meir Berman Dec 28, 2018

I was charged for 3 items of coolair the sum of 276$ even though I ordered only one item. I ordered the post office to return the 2 additional items back to the sender and I am waiting to get the rest of my money back.

Andrea Webb Mar 09, 2019

Hi, I would like to make a heartfelt positive comment. Today I found that money had been taken out of my bank account by this company. As I have been very unwell recently and having family problems I must have mistakenly subscribed during an internet connection. I called the company's customer care service and within minutes my subscription was cancelled and arrangements made for a full refund - a lot of money for a retiree. The gentleman that I spoke to was kind, helpful and reassuring. I would recommend this approach to this company. I have no bad feelings towards this company and if, in the future, I need their services I would contact them. Thank you.

• Pe
    Pepperpot1 Jan 09, 2020

@Andrea Webb How did you contact customer services as the same thing has happened to me thank you

• Pa
    Paul Review Apr 10, 2019

I was charged $159 on a credit card from BLS*MYHERITAGE LTD, the number listed for them by Visa was not valid. I NEVER did business with this company in the past so this is not an issue of annual membership. I had to report it a FRAUD

Johnny MyHeritage Team Apr 10, 2019

@Paul Review Dear Paul,

I would like to assist you with high priority. Please email me to john.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may be able to investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
    John
    MyHeritage Team

• Je
    Jerome Lapointe Feb 18, 2020

I also go a charge from theses guys for 190 USD... I have never used their service. (I live in canada)
    I see posts going back to 2017... I’m a little surprised the US government hasn’t done anything yet...

Comments

• Za
    Zane Helda May 11, 2020

Hello! Two days ago my Myheritage ltd took 72 EUR from my moms bank account even if we did not order anything. We live in Latvia. And I can not find any other way to contact this company. Found this complaints board. Hope this way we can get in touch. Please give us email address or phone number, so we can take care of this problem properly.

Zane Helda
    my email address is zane.[protected]@inbox.lv
    my phone number ir +371 [protected]

Nori Giesbrecht Aug 08, 2020

I am not happy that you charge me for that on my credit card from bls*myheritage ltd, and why? you not ask me first place then you cant take my money and back my money now, I really mad without authorization. now refund back now. I find out when aug 6, 2020 - $113.47 back now my money.

Aug 6, 2020
    Visa debit purchase - 4206
    Bls*myheritage_
    -$100.99 $113.47

My email [protected]@shaw. ca

If I will talk bank to omit your company fraud darn back now now

Nori Giesbrecht Aug 08, 2020

second again

how you know my credit card not in list internet in payment none not there and darn and start pissed off and back now now serious time please back