Having problems with MyHeritage?

MyHeritage Customer Service Contacts

1800 817 330 (Ireland)
1800 731 768 (Australia)
+1 800 987 9000 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 098 8125 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 995 069 (New Zealand)
+43 800 802 582 (Austria)
+32 80 026 102 (Belgium)
+45 80 820 132 (Denmark)
+31 800 240 0013 (Netherlands)
+27 800 980 785 (South Africa)
3 Ariel Sharon Street, 4th Floor
Or Yehuda
Israel - 60250

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MyHeritage Customer Service. Initial MyHeritage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MyHeritage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MyHeritage. Discuss the issues you have had with MyHeritage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

MyHeritage — my abo - ich bin sauer!!! habe meine email adresse geändert und komme nirgends hinein

Ich bin seit 11.06, 18 Mitglied (Dienstleistung [protected] um 107, 88 Euro), habe meine Email geändert und...

Graz

MyHeritage — charged $119.40

I made an account in October or so when I wanted to do a little research in my family and only used it for a...

MyHeritage — incorrect dna results

My ID is [protected]. On my father's side of the family there is a lot of Blackfoot Indian. More...

MyHeritagedna results accuracy

I just received my results that say I'm 93% African and 6.9% European. These may be accurate but my African heritage seems a bit high for an African american that's not first generation nor are my parents nor are my greats nor my great greats and so on. Also it says I'm 4.5 North African but no explanation of this. Some have said that it could be Italian or apart of my Iberian ancestry? I'm not sure. I'm going to test with 23&Me because I'm not sure of these results. I'm proud to be African but the vagueness is disappointing and I'm kind of upset I spent money on this.

RESOLVED

• MyHeritage's response · Oct 30, 2018

Dear MyHeritage member,

I am sorry to read you are unhappy with your Ethnicity Estimate, I have no doubt that your grandparents are from where you state they are but I would like to offer an explanation regarding your results.

Each person receives approximately 50% of their DNA from their mother, and 50% from their father. The percentages of DNA a person receives from their ancestors at the level of grandparents and further back (great-grandparents, etc.) are not necessarily divided evenly in each generation. At seven generations back, probably less than 1% of the DNA comes from a direct ancestor. It is possible that one great-grandparent may have passed on 3% of their DNA to their great-grandchild, while another great-grandparent may have passed on 11%.

Over the last thousand years, people moved around frequently and often mixed with people from neighboring regions. Over time, the official borders changed and so did the population. It is very difficult to find a reference population with statistical difference between ethnicities in this region and we keep the Ethnicity Estimate on a higher regional level.

The DNA may be very similar between people in neighboring countries. Where there isn't sufficient statistical difference, we keep the Ethnicity Estimate on a higher regional level. Even when there is a statistical difference between ethnicities, it is true for the population's average. Your DNA will always be slightly different from that of the average population, and may, therefore, show a small or a significant part of neighboring ethnicities.

This might explain some surprising results in your MyHeritage Ethnicity Estimate. Please also note that bio-geographical estimates are complicated, especially for countries in Europe. Different researchers analyzing the same DNA of a person can come up with different estimates based on a number of different factors, including the reference populations used for comparison, the algorithm, and more.

If you have any further questions regarding your results, I would be happy to assist you personally. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with your queries.

Kind Regards,

MyHeritage — credit card

Could you please confirm that the following is being used by MyHeritage _ Bls*MyhFamilylink. If Yes Then read...

Dunedin

MyHeritage — renewal of membership.

On 29th August I was charged £120 to renew my membership despite emailing you 3 times to say that I did not...

MyHeritagecharge for subscription and I can't eliminate the account

I subscribed to the services of My Heritage with a paid account and used a trial for one day but the mail i used was misspelled and i can't remember the password. So i couldn't correct the mail or change the password to cancel the service or eliminate my account. Besides you can't find where in the page cancel this service purchase until is too late and is charged.

Please can you refund my subscription i didn't agree to this.

This service should have a verification email before giving you the access to the page.

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Oct 13, 2018

Dear MyHeritage user,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience and I’d like to assist you with this matter.

MyHeritage is a refund friendly company and I’d like to make it right for you. Please email me the misspelled registered email address, so I can locate your account, or a proof of the bank transaction via [email protected] I will be happy to personally take care of it.

Elena, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritage.comprobable relationship estimates are still faulty

Account ID: [protected]
      This has been going on for over two years with some improvement but still in error.
      My full sibling sister, our mother and I have all submitted DNA to this site. They correctly matched both of us to our mother.
      Initially they called my probable relationship with my sister "grandparent/grandchild". I called to complain that they didn't even take birth year into account or they would have seen that was impossible. I got nowhere with anyone in fixing it.
      Several months later they changed it to "uncle/niece". This was also impossible because they had already matched both of us to our mother.
      Finally recently they corrected it again and it now says "sister or niece". Again niece is impossible because we are matched to the same mother.
      it is apparent this is happening because their algorithm seems to be based only on % shared DNA and they list this as 30+%, low for siblings but within the range. that's why they added niece because that relationship averages 25%. But again it should have been eliminated because of the mutual mother match. Even this low shared DNA % is suspect. In 23andme and one other company it is about 43%. I realize depending on test used it can vary but this amount of difference is suspect. It's also the reason they keep getting the relationship wrong. when are they going to use a more accurate algorithm?

• Updated by fredlorey · Oct 17, 2018

Thanks Shane. I appreciate your response. I understand how you use these parameters to estimate probable relationships. I am a geneticist myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is by using these alone, and not looking at demographic factors such as year of birth etc, or other close matches in your database of those individuals, it makes your algorithm incomplete when it could easily be refined and have avoided these obvious errors. For example in the first match the probable relationship was called grandparent/grandchild. I understand how that could be a first level possibility based on your parameters, but all MH would have had to have done is look at our ages and see we are seven years apart so that relationship is impossible. Then it was changed to uncle/niece. This too was impossible because MH had already matched my sister and I to our mother. Finally on the third attempt, it now says sister, but it also still says niece, still impossible. I would also say I've had this particular sisters and my DNA done at two other companies and they had no trouble matching us as brother/sister without all these extraneous and impossible relationships. It makes me distrust any results from MH. I just wanted to explain further. You do not need to respond unless I am missing something. Thank you.

• MyHeritage's response · Oct 17, 2018

Dear MyHeritage member,

I am sorry to read your low star review and would like to offer an explanation regarding how DNA matches are generated.

In order to calculate DNA matches, MyHeritage uses three different parameters.:
          Shared DNA: shows you the percentage of DNA that overlaps between you and the other person.

Shared Segments: A segment is a piece of your DNA sequence. You and your DNA Match share a certain number of these segments in common, and some of them are longer than others.

Largest segments: Among the different-sized shared segments, the length of the largest segment you and the other person have in common can help you identify the likelihood that you are actually related.

You can learn more about these parameters here: http://www.myheritage.com/help-center#/path/951696241.

Based on these calculations we provide a range of possible genetic relations. If the matched individual is not associated with the same family tree, we provide all the possible relations within the range of DNA matches. Other providers indeed might use different methods to calculate DNA matches and therefore it is recommended to research all the DNA information that is available for the DNA match in question.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to assist you.

Shane, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageunauthorized charge on our account after cancelation

A represenative called to ask if we wanted extended or improved services. We said no and wanted to cancel our subscription. Their response? They charged us $250 anyway to our account. We went negative on our account with overdrafts. I am outraged. When we called them, we were told they do not have personnel to field questions and that we should leave a message and they will call us back. I seriously doubt they will. I am outraged. This is a scam and needs to be reported to everyone. Do not use this scam company full of frauds.

• Re
            Real Donnie Jan 14, 2019

Possibly a scammer ... they called me and left no message, never spoke. WEIRD!

• Re
            Real Donnie Jan 14, 2019

Possibly a scammer ... they called me and left no message, never spoke. WEIRD! I never signed up for anything ... never purchased a DNA kit ... WTH are they calling me for? SCAMMERS?

• Hugo MyHeritage Team Sep 12, 2018

Dear MyHeritage Member,

I am very sorry to learn about your experience. We are a refund friendly company, and we always honor our user's request in this matter.

We value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan, you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I would be happy to assist you personally to resolve this issue for you. Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address to [email protected] at any time.

Hugo, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritage — sum of money taken from my bank account

Name: Peter Miles Address: Flat 57, Kennedy Court, Green Street, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY8 1UB United...

MyHeritage account # 349716631 — charge my account with my authorization

My acc. # [protected]. I have premium plus. Why do I have to pay for records and smart matches. Someone from my...

MyHeritagesubscription cancellation

In August 2017 I had an unsolicited phone call offering me a year's subscription at a reduced rate. As I was recovering from surgery at the time I thought it would be useful to have access to the site to research my family tree.

At no time was I told it would renew automatically. I only found out when I trawled through the lengthy terms and conditions.I decided to cancel the automatic renewal online as directed but the screen turned grey each time I attempted the cancellation.
          I decided to ring the phone number given on 'contact us' only to be told that 'This number is out of service'.

On checking our credit card bill my husband found that a renewal payment had gone out.
          At no time was I sent information saying the money would be taken nor have I had information to say my subscription has been renewed.

How can I et my money refunded and stop this happening again?

• Updated by Rosie Hunter · Sep 07, 2018

Situation has now been satisfactorily resolved.

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 07, 2018

Dear MyHeritage user,

I sympathize with your situation and I will do all I can to assist you.

Your purchase satisfaction is very important to us and upon reading your feedback, I will be glad to issue a full refund for the renewal of the subscription.

I would also like to clarify that MyHeritage informs all members of the trial membership charge and its price on the automatic email that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and before every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel a trial subscription at any time online when logging into MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your refund is guaranteed by all means because of our money back guarantee to ensure all of our members with a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

We absolutely value your membership with us and hope that you will allow us to make up for this disappointing experience you have reported.

If you have any questions about any of this or need help with your refund, please feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] and I would gladly assist you with my highest priority.

Sincerely
              Catarina

BLS*MyHeritage Ltd — unauthorized credit card charges

I did not authorize any purchase from this company. I started to order a fermentation crock but backed out...

MyHeritageunauthorized charge to my checking account (08/20/2018)

Within the past week, I have had an unauthorized charge to my checking account in the amount of $74.99. Not only did I not authorize this charge, I know nothing about this company other than that it is obviously a scam.

A "person" calling himself "Rafael" has replied to numerous complaints with a form letter saying MyHeritage always tells a customer about their charges, etc., but that they are want everyone to be happy they have been charged various amounts to their charge cards, debit cards, and so on. It is stated that he needs more information to settle the complaint. Well, they had enough information to make the charge so I have no intent to give them more personal information.

I have never used this company, had never heard of it, and certainly did not authorize this charge to my checking account. It is quite obvious, also, that someone used my debit card information to make this charge. I expect a full refund of $74.99 immediately.

Betty C. Hazelton

RESOLVED

• MyHeritage's response · Aug 28, 2018

Dear Betty,

I'm sorry to read your low star review and I will do all I can to help.

I do believe I am the Rafael with whom you are speaking about in your feedback because I have indeed helped many people with their issues on various online forums.

You have mentioned that within the past week you noticed an unauthorized charge to your checking account in the amount of $74.99. Not to mention you have never authorized a charge and do not know anything about MyHeritage.

Issues such as these are very important to us and I would like to investigate this issue in more detail to understand how this could have happened.

To my knowledge, one searching for records on MyHeritage may enroll in the data membership's free trial. This requires you to fill in your credit card details and if after 14 days you do not cancel then you will be charged.

MyHeritage informs all of the Trial charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you sign up for the free trial. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no yearly charge.

If you did not know that, please note that we also have a money back guarantee and you may be refunded by all means. In other words, your refund is absolutely guaranteed.

In order to help you, I need to locate and verify your registered account with MyHeritage and view the charge.

Therefore, please e-mail me directly at [email protected] so I may assist you with your refund and investigate how you were unaware of your enrollment as soon as possible.

I will be looking for your e-mail.

Sincerely
                Rafael

BLS Myheritage Ltd — unauthorized card charge

I notice that this company BLS*MYHERITAGELTD took $119.40 out of my account ending 5749! on 07/11/2018 why? I...

MyHeritagesubscription

Hi my name is Hannah May Beswick account [protected]. I never even used the site and got and invoice for over £50 plus vat that I didn't subscribe to. I haven't used their services and they haven't got anyone to talk to to get my money refunded. I'm a mum of three in the 6 weeks holidays and that's my money I live on I'm absolutely devastated it's left me without even £10 to live on I literally am sobbing as I write this. I haven't used their service at all. I have np information gained just a bill and the fact that I never even used the trial 😢.

• Updated by Hannahmaybeswick · Aug 15, 2018

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Christine, and I would be delighted to assist.

Since the payment was taken today, I cannot refund you until tomorrow. Please also be advised that after it has been refunded, there is a ten working day wait until it should be received by you. This is due to technical issues with banking providers and put in place to ensure that we can process the refund correctly.

I will leave your ticket open, and let you know as soon as I refund the amount tomorrow.

I hope that clarifies. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Above is your reply.

Your having difficulties? Can you clarify for people wanting to subscribe. I don't use the subscription and cancelled but you charged me £60 more than I thought. You need to make people aware of difficulties before they trust you as a company with card details. Please Please STAY FAR AWAY from this company. They refund you after a ten days and it happens all the time from how they are. Don't take a chance.

• MyHeritage's response · Aug 15, 2018

Dear Ms. May Beswick,

I am sorry to read you low star review but I am happy to inform you our support team is handling your case. I must clarify that MyHeritage informs all of any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and after every renewal or purchase a DNA kit. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

If you do have any other questions or issue's I would be happy to assist you, feel free to send me a message from your registered e-mail address at [email protected]

Kind Regards

My Heritage — unauthorised payment

I started one of their 14 day free trials. Once I realised they did not have the information I was looking...

MyHeritagemy heritage charging a dna kit that I didn't want or need!

• Updated by Robert Melvin · Jul 22, 2018

Money was taken with out my permission and now I read that you are ripping people off. I just want my money back. I didn't authorise any direct debit and I have no need for a test as I can not have kids. Absolutely shocking that there is no way to speak to a real person to sort this out. I have called my bank to ask them to halt the payment as soon as possible. I have also just had a perusal of others' feedback about these people and I am genuine shocked that's this can still happen in this day and age! I don't need a dna cause I know exactly who I am, and where I came from! If you are so great at gathering info on people, then you will know that I am not a person to trifle with because I am like the tide and sub-rise/set. I will keep on appearing daily, monotonously and badger and harry until the right thing is done!! You can take that statement to the bank for sure!!

Johnny MyHeritage Team Jul 24, 2018

Dear Robert,

I would really like to investigate why you were charged. I will do all I can to help you receive a refund.

In order to issue you a refund, I'm going to need to find your account. Please e-mail me directly from your registered e-mail address or account ID number at [email protected] so I may help you with this as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,
                    John
                    MyHeritage Team

BLS MyHeritage 877-432-3135 — unauthorized charge to discover account

This company for some reason charged my account $159.20 without my authorization. I tried to call the number...

MyHeritageunauthorized bank account charge

In 2017, I bought a subscription on your website. On 23 June 2018 it was extended against my will, and my account was charged a substantial amount of 143.28 USD (plus VAT). I would like to add that in 2017, the subscription contract was made during a phone call during which I was not informed about the possible extension of the subscription after one year. I have not been informed beforehand that the account will be automatically extended or what amount. At any time before renewing the subscription was I told any information that such action will be done. My account has been charged against my will. I am asking for a refund of the amount charged to my account, otherwise I will take legal action as a fraud.

My no. [protected]

• Updated by Aneta123 · Jun 27, 2018

Resolved - got my money back the next day. Thank you!

• MyHeritage's response · Jun 25, 2018

Dear Aneta,

Thank you for contacting us, I am happy to assist you.

We have issued a full refund for your Complete subscription following your request. Please note, it can take between 7-10 business days for the amount to reflect back onto your account.

I would also like to clarify that MyHeritage informs all members of the annual membership charge and its price on the automatic email that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and before every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel a trial subscription at any time online when logging into MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

In any case, your refund is guaranteed by all means because of our money back guarantee to ensure all of our members with a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have any further queries.

Kind Regards