Having problems with MyHeritage?

1800 817 330 (Ireland)
1800 731 768 (Australia)
+1 800 987 9000 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 098 8125 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 995 069 (New Zealand)
+43 800 802 582 (Austria)
+32 80 026 102 (Belgium)
+45 80 820 132 (Denmark)
+31 800 240 0013 (Netherlands)
+27 800 980 785 (South Africa)
3 Ariel Sharon Street, 4th Floor
Or Yehuda
Israel - 60250

Complaints & Reviews

MyHeritagedna matching

Hi, my name is Marta Luna Roshardt, i'm very disappointed with the way "my heritage " site has turned out to be.
At the beginning we were able to see coincidences in DNA matching with other relatives in several differents etnias, but now all of a sudden we see only one ethnic match and to see other etnias we have to pay extra.
MyHeritage site has become a money making machine for them with lousy service and value for customers.
I regret choosing this site to see my heritage.

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 29, 2019

Hi Marta,

I am sorry to read your low star review.

I would like to clarify what you receive when you purchase a MyHeritage DNA kit:

**An Ethnicity Estimate - a comprehensive breakdown of your unique DNA composition. You will discover where your heritage originated from and how much each ethnicity is part of your ancestral origins, and even view the main life events of your direct ancestors on the Ethnicity map.

**DNA Matches - This technology compares data from autosomal DNA tests results and family trees to identify matches between users that share genetic sequences and indicate a family relationship.DNA Matching at MyHeritage is developed to help our users find relatives based on their shared genetic sequences. DNA matching may help you find distant relatives or close family. All people share 99.5% of their DNA sequence in common. Only the remaining 0.5% differs from one person to another. By looking closely at a section of a person’s DNA, and comparing it to the raw DNA files of other people uploaded on MyHeritage, we can match you to potential relatives, who share DNA segments with you, inherited from the same common ancestor.

You also can utilize these features in your free basic site. As the webmaster of a Basic site, you can enter up to 250 person-cards to your family tree, 500MB of storage space and you can make a limited use of the Instant Discoveries. Receiving Smart Matches™, viewing them, comparing trees side by side and rejecting Smart Matches is free for all users.

If you have any further questions regarding your results I would be happy to assist you personally. Please send me your questions from your registered e-mail address at shane.[protected]@myheritage.com

Kind Regards

MyHeritagetrial membership cancellation

My Heritage makes it extremely difficult to cancel a trial subscription. The customer support number is constantly busy. There is no email provided to cancel. The link to cancel is very difficult to follow. It requires that an account number be provided. I do not want to sign up for an account. The invoice came on the 14th day of the trial period. If the trial period is for 14 days shouldn't the invoice come on the 15th day?
    This process seems fraudulent and almost scam like. I called my credit card company to file a complaint. I need this $89 charge removed.

M. Dickson

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 18, 2019

Dear M Dickson,

I am sorry to read your review and would like to resolve the issue for you.

Firstly, I must clarify that MyHeritage informs all of any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in a subscription and after every renewal or purchase a DNA kit. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I would be more than happy to assist you personally with issuing you a full refund. In order to do so, I’m going to need to locate your account.

Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address at shane.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may assist you with this as soon as possible.

I will be looking for your e-mail.

Kind Regards

MyHeritagedna results

Feb 27 2019 my sample was received in your lab. March 8 2019 I received an email stating there would be a delay in receiving my results. Site was eventually updated saying I would receive results between April 6 and 17th. System then a few days later was updated stating that I would receive results ON APRIIL 17th. I checked last night, still said ON APRIL 17th. April 17th is now here and now it's updated and says nothing about date, just that it is delayed. I am very upset that for weeks you gave me a date, and now the date given to me has arrived and now...nothing.

RESOLVED

I emailed My Heritages support team and was contacted the same day. The representative who I contacted was extremely helpful and very understanding of my frustration. She let me know that I could contact her directly with any issues and if I don't receive results by given date, she will escalate it for me. Her professionalism and quick reply made me feel much better. I am pleased with the outcome.

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 17, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I'm sorry to read your low star review. Your concerns about the current delay are absolutely understood. Your feedback about the delay has indeed been escalated. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible for many of our members.

Please note that scientific procedures may sometimes be delayed for a variety of reasons. Testing times may vary depending on lab volume, upgrades, and biological sample quality. Expected result dates are therefore predictions and not a guarantee of delivery.

As you may know, we are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version. We are conducting this transition to the new chip with great care and diligence in order to provide you the most accurate results.

We can assure you that ultimately, this new top-shelf chip will provide better insight into everyone's DNA research and progress and the value in it is great. It is true that MyHeritage believes that all of our DNA researchers will profit in their research progress ultimately with this new chip.

Please e-mail me directly anytime at "catarina.vipsupport @ myheritage.com" (the email should be without spaces before and after the AT "@")

Sincerely,
          Catarina

MyHeritagesmart matches

I was recently provided a list of Smart Matches for a tree I deleted last year. My current tree with 3000+ people has received no Smart Matches on the website. I am told of many records matches but would have to upgrade. I don't need records matches as I get them from another site. The only reason for using My Heritage is the Smart Match. I will not renew unless I get this benefit way b efore the expiration of my account

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 13, 2019

Dear Celia,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience and I'd like to investigate this personally.

This occurrence may have to do with your privacy settings. See: https://bit.ly/2NPaOzD

Please email me at "catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com" so I may assist you with your Smart matches settings as soon as possible.

MyHeritageresults

My wife and I submitted our dna at the same time. She already emailed 2x and received her results. I see that my results are still pending. As everyone else, we received the date change from March to April, which was frustrating in itself. It seems this delay is pretty standard for your company. I'm sad to say, I'm unhappy so far, for what's transpired. I hope to see my results sooner than later!

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 08, 2019

Dear MyHeritage member,

As you may know already, we do give an estimated time but the estimate is an estimate and does not reflect issues with samples and how DNA will be processed.

This is why our terms and conditions explain that scientific procedures may sometimes be delayed for a variety of reasons. Testing times may vary depending on lab volume, upgrades, and biological sample quality. Expected result dates are therefore predictions and not a guarantee of delivery.

I can assure you that ultimately, this new top-shelf chip will provide better insight into everyone's DNA research and progress and the value in it is great. It is true that MyHeritage believes that all of our DNA researchers will profit in their research progress ultimately with this new chip.

If you have any more feedback, please feel free to e-mail me directly anytime at shane.[protected]@myheritage.com

Sincerely,

MyHeritagedna results

Results are taking much longer than initially advertised. Received the kit on at the beginning of February. And sent it off within a matter of days. Have been waiting now for just over a month now and supposedly there's been the to introduction of new chip; thereby delaying results by a further 2-3 weeks. Feel inconvenienced and restless as I would have been waiting for 2 months by then. Definitely, negatively affects the experience for me. I hope the results themselves are at least going to be enlightening for me.

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 28, 2019

Dear Njandjow,

I'm sorry to read your low star review and I sympathize with how you have not received your results as promptly as you expected.

As you are aware, we are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version and unfortunately, this change will cause a delay of a few weeks.

It is frustrating to have to wait a few extra weeks for results and this concern is absolutely understood. Your feedback has indeed been escalated and we are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Laboratory delays such as these are altogether abrasive during the wait but I can assure you that ultimately, this new top-shelf chip will provide better insight into everyone's DNA research and progress and the value in it is great. MyHeritage believes that all our members will profit in their research progress ultimately with this new chip.

I'd like to personally assist you with any questions or frustrations you may have during the stages of your research.

Feel free to e-mail me directly at catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com so I can help you with high priority.

Catarina, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageunauthorized collection from my credit card and a payment via apple

On the 19th of March my membership expired. I was anxious to lose all my family trees, dna results etc etc. In my iphone app (my heritage) there was an offer to extend my membership of E 119, 95. I paid through apple the amount to myhertage.
              Next day i saw that Myheritage had made a collection of E 259, 01 ? from my credit card.
              Last year i paid 167, 36 ! I phoned 20th of march to Myheritage but got no contact and my voicemail is now 26 th still unanswered?

I am a true customer, enthousiastic about myheritage and informed several people of your DNA product. I hope you will get back to me and find a satisfied solution.

Reiner Swaen - 00 31 6 [protected]

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 26, 2019

Dear Reiner,

I'm sorry to learn that you have an unwanted charge.

I was able to locate your account and I've escalated this to our Billing team so they can assist you on a direct basis. They will contact you via your registered email address soon.

If you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact me at "catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com" via your registered email address.

Catarina, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageno chance to change from old, non-existent anymore email address to new one. recovery procedure fail.

I lost access to my corporate email address after retirement. Now, I am not able to reactivate access to my MyHeritage familytree because all reactivation emails WERE SENT to old, non accesible for me corporate email.
                Phone support for basic account isn't available so I'm completly stuck.
                No chat availability, no email to Myheritage support team, no phone support for plain account and wrong designed recovery procedure makes me UNHAPPY!

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 16, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I'm sorry to read that you lost access to your MyHeritage account and I'll do all I can to assist you with this.

Please bear in mind that you can change your registered email address by contacting our support team via email. Please follow this FAQ https://bit.ly/2O5IQzA on our help center. At the bottom of the page click on the email icon "Still need assistance" and a pop-up window will show up.

You may also contact me directly at "catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com" (catarina.vipsupport AT myheritage.com) for a priority assistance.

MyHeritagedna result mixed up

I have received my DNA results a couple of months ago claiming that I am 78% north african and only 16.7% iberian yet I am a spaniard, my family is valencian and asturian. While I am aware of the north african genetic impact on the iberian population, I have found my results to be a mix up especially when I uploaded the raw data to another website that gave me a completely different result ( iberian and italian), I hope you can assist me on this issue. Thank you.

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 16, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I regret that you feel this way regarding your Ethnicity Estimate.

Please note that bio-geographical estimates are complex. Different companies analyzing the DNA of the same person can come up with different Ethnicity Estimates based on various factors, such as the reference populations used for comparison and the algorithms used.

To estimate your ancestral ethnicity, MyHeritage compares your DNA with the DNA of people around the globe whose genetic ethnicity is known. Our genetic models are based on 42 ethnic groups around the world (see: https://bit.ly/2sCLsuK) and we will be adding more over the coming months, thanks to our Founder Population project (see: https://bit.ly/2ESUEDZ).

Keep in mind that DNA results are subject to changes as we improve our DNA matching technology, add new ethnicities to make our estimates better, and develop new features. The online format of your DNA results allows us to update you from the moment adjustments are made so you can enjoy viewing your results over time.

If you have further questions or concerns in regards to your results please do contact me at "catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com" via your registered email address. I'd be glad to assist you with any inquiry you may have.

Catarina,
                      MyHeritage Team

MyHeritagestolen personal data; myheritage has caused a breach of millions, along with verification.io

Since verification.io has had 908 million data breaches as of February 2019, MyHeritage is also listed as having COMPROMISED MY PERSONAL DATA in October 2017. How dare you CONCEAL this data breach from the USA citizens. You are hereby requested to immediately REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE any and ALL data from your database regarding me, Elaine Guglielmo, Elaine M. Guglielmo, Elaine Marie Guglielmo. You have caused a massive ID THEFT that has been and still is being investigated by the USA Police Authorities. I have had six (6) officially reported ID Thefts, and now 12-17 STOLEN NAME ID's by Undocumented Illegal Aliens because of companies like you that has now been posted on the Deep Dark Web. You are hereby being reported to my local police as contributors to my ID Theft and 12-17 people STEALING my name with creating FAKE Birth Certificates, FAKE D/L's, etc. etc. in order to IMPOSTOR me. You are also being reported to the FTC.gov for the data breach that you never announced. Enough is enough! You are hereby requested to IMMEDIATELY REMOVE ALL Data from your database on me. Since there are now 12-17 ILLEGAL ALIENS IMPOSTORING ME, I am compelled to provide additional information in order to Identify me. (I am NOT NOW OR EVER Spanish) as are the 12-17 IMPOSTORS.) I live in Altamonte Springs, FL, and again you are hereby requested to REMOVE ALL DATA of me. NOW!

• Updated by Elaine Gugie · Mar 11, 2019

MyHeritage has stolen and SOLD my email address to the Dark Web in October 2017, and has refused to remove me from its database. There is absolutely NO WAY to talk to anyone on the phone in customer service without an account number, which is b.s. MyHeritage VIOLATES and COMPROMISES my personal data, and the it refuses to REMOVE me. This company, along with other compromising companies, including MyFitnessPal, verification.io, and Modern Business Solutions should be SUED for breach of our data, compromising USA citizens.

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 14, 2019

Dear Elaine,

I'm sorry to find your complaint here.

Your privacy concern is understood but I would like to clarify that MyHeritage has taken the necessary steps to ensure privacy and security for all of our members. If you choose to remove all of your information, you may do so by all means but before you do so, I must clarify some things about the issue.

MyHeritage does not sell your E-mail address to anyone. Our privacy policy states that In no case, is the personal information provided by our users sold, licensed or otherwise shared by us with advertisers, sponsors, partners or other third parties. We will never sell or license DNA samples, DNA Results, DNA Reports or any other DNA information, to any third parties without your explicit informed consent, and we will never sell or license such information to insurance companies under any circumstances. If you decide to remove your information, it will be with full accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law that enforces the removal of all information on online sites upon the request of the information's owner.

With regards to the intrusion you have described, It was limited to only MyHeritage user's email addresses and hashed passwords (not the actual password itself). We have never found any reason to believe that any other MyHeritage data was compromised. Credit card information, family trees, and DNA data are stored by MyHeritage on segregated systems that are separate from where email addresses are stored. Privacy and security have always been paramount to us and this was done for added layers of security. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that information has been compromised.

Although no passwords were leaked but only hashed versions of the passwords, we still encourage our users to update their passwords as soon as possible. For the sake of maximum security for our members at the time of the incident, we had also started the process of expiring all user passwords to prompt all members affected to update their passwords as soon as possible. At this point, we have given the option of two-step verification and other privacy features to ensure an added layer of maximum security for your information.

MyHeritage has released a statement about this incident with more details on the subject. Please follow this URL path to view it:

In any case, If you choose to remove all of your information or if you have any questions about this issue, you may contact me personally at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com anytime.

The progress of your privacy and research is important to me, I'd always be happy to help you with high priority.

Sincerely
                        Rafael
                        MyHeritage

MyHeritagedelayed results

I sent my kit to the company more than two months ago and they received it on February 1st. The results were supposed to come out at the end of February and I've been eagerly checking my e-mail all this time for confirmation that they were ready. However, I've just been notified by My Heritage that my results will be delayed by a month. In their e-mail, they mention that this is due to upgrading to a new and more advanced version of the chip used for DNA analysis. Apart from the vagueness of this explanation, I feel this was an entirely predictable delay and and I should have been notified earlier on that it would take 2 months for them to process my sample from the moment they received it. When I bought the kit, their website mentioned that it takes 4 weeks with no mention whatsoever of planned delays. If I knew it would take that long, I would have bought a kit from another company. My account ID is [protected] and kit MH-74A76F.

Johnny MyHeritage Team Mar 09, 2019

Dear MyHeritage member,

I regret to see that you are disappointed with your MyHeritage experience to date.

We value the satisfaction of all of our members and strive to offer a first class service to our members.

As you are aware, we are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis to a new and more advanced version. We are conducting this transition to the new chip with great care and diligence in order to provide you the most accurate results. This has caused a delay in the generating of your DNA results.

We apologize for the inconvenience of your results being delayed and we are aiming to provide them to you as fast as we can.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions, to john.[protected]@myheritage.com

John,

• Va
                          ValuePro Mar 11, 2019

I agree with Eleni2. This company has no idea as to what a contract means. Honest businesses stand by what they advertise. When we enter a contract based on advertising and the seller changes the terms of the contract after receiving payment, some would call that fraud. At the very least, it is no way to sustain a healthy reputation among existing customers and prospective new ones.

Certainly, I would not have sent money to these people had I known they were capable of doing this. And it raises the question: What more are they going to do to us, and the very personal information they hold?

Disgusted.

• Kh
                          KHarris1 Mar 24, 2019

@ValuePro I also had the same thing happen with my kit (MH3UL837 and my husband's kit (MH623A6D) that we submitted back in early February (possibly late January.) Same vague email with no customer service number to call and here it is the end of March with no results. Also the tracking told me it was processing before the email was sent to me saying that it was not processed. This feels like a scam and I plan on contacting the BBB tomorrow with my complaints. I also would have spent the money with a different company had I known it would take this long.

My Heritagedna service

I bought their test kit, like so many people have, but its false. I have Maltese heritage in my family and possibly Italian -- my fathers side of the family all have brown skin and brown eyes -- their great grandmother came from Malta. Also i'm pretty sure i have some English and French heritage also. To cut it short my test results said i was 2.3 % ''west Asian'', 6% eastern European, and 91.7% Irish, Scottish and Welsh -- i wasn't surprised with the Scottish part as we have lots of Scottish names on both sides of the family; i myself am Irish. So some of it is true but other than that its nonsense. In fact i have even found people on my profile from Malta, at least 4 people who i am related to, but still, no mention of Maltese DNA. I even watched a video of two twin sisters who took dna tests with various companies and they got back different results to each other on all the tests, and in fact, they said MYHeritage were the best ones of the lot, but did specify that it still isnt accurate or based on science -- unfortunately i watched this video after i bought the kit and sent it away. So its completely vague, and they're making tonnes of money by misleading people all over the world. Rubbish, give them a miss.

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 07, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I regret to learn you feel this way regarding your results.

I would like to clarify that when you do a MyHeritage DNA test, we compare your DNA to our models of DNA from different ethnicities to see which ones you match.

MyHeritage Ethnicity Estimates include 42 ethnicities (see: https://bit.ly/2sCLsuK) and this number will be growing even larger because of our own Founder Populations Project that is ongoing (see: https://bit.ly/2ESUEDZ).

In some regions of the world, there is a unique set of genetic characteristics that are shared between the offspring of native populations. While different populations migrated from one region to another, research has shown that these sets of characteristics make some regions distinct from others, allowing us to establish a genetic model for some regions of the world.

The DNA may be very similar between people in neighboring countries. Where there isn't sufficient statistical difference, we keep the Ethnicity Estimate on a higher regional level. Even when there is a statistical difference between ethnicities, it is true for the population's average. Your DNA will always be slightly different than that of the average population, and may, therefore, show a small or a significant part of neighboring ethnicities.

It is also important to keep in mind that people within surrounding countries in Europe share common DNA for various reasons such as people moving around frequently and official borders and communities being occupied.

Furthermore, each person receives approximately 50% of their DNA from their mother, and 50% from their father. The percentages of DNA a person receives from their ancestors at the level of grandparents and further back (great-grandparents, etc.) are not necessarily divided evenly in each generation. At seven generations back, probably less than 1% of the DNA comes from a direct ancestor. It is possible that one great-grandparent may have passed on 3% of their DNA to their great-grandchild, while another great-grandparent may have passed on 11%.

The ethnicity estimate is best used alongside your family tree to provide as much information as possible. If your research shows that your family is descended from a certain place, that should hold more weight for you than our estimate of your ethnicity. DNA matches might help with that research because it compares your DNA to other DNA test takers and uploaders. Our match algorithms have been proven to automatically find and compare similar DNA strands along with ancestral surnames, records, and family trees to find very interesting discoveries.

If you have any questions about your research, please feel free to email me personally at catarina.[protected]@myheritage.com via your registered email address. I would be delighted to assist you.

Catarina MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageno response to missing dna kit

I sent back my DNA kit from UK 19th February last month in envelope provided by My Heritage paying the correct postage at the Post Office ad I have proof of posting receipt. I activated the kit online as advised.

It is now 4th March and according to the my online account the test kit has still not been received. I have sent 3 emails and submitted two support ticket and absolutely no response from My Heritage other than email saying we have received you ticket.

I then tried 6 time to call the UK number on the website and all I got was messages saying the number is out if use! Unbelievable that an organisation can treat its customers with utter contempt.

I want a full refund of the cost of the kit if someone does not respond to me with in the next 2 hours.

Michael Markey- [protected]

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Mar 06, 2019

Dear Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have checked your account and see that your DNA samples have not checked in at the lab yet. When using regular mail for the return shipping of the DNA samples to the lab, most DNA samples arrive within 3 weeks. But there are cases where it takes more than a month for the lab to receive the DNA samples.

Therefore we recommend you to wait and we are confident that you will see an update in the status in the Web Site. When the samples check in at the lab in Houston, we'll send you an email too.

In case there is no update, please contact me at elena.[protected]@myheritage.com and I will be happy to send you a free replacement kit so you can repeat the test. We prefer not to do so at the moment, because if we will send you a free replacement kit now, it will automatically cancel the original kit. This means that if the lab will receive the sample in a few days, they will not be able to analyze it and you would need to restart the process with the new kit.

If you would prefer a refund, please email me your account details (account ID number or registered email address) and I will personally assist you with this matter.

Elena MyHeritage Team

• Do
                              Dorothy Hakim Mar 10, 2019

Hello Michael,

I'm in the exact same position. I live in the UK I sent off my kit on the 31st January and have heard nothing back despite sending several emails and requests online. I had the exact same difficulty with the phone line.

Furthermore, my account says I don't even have a kit which is impossible. I too, have proof of postage and activated my kit as soon as I received it.

I feel completely disregarded by MyHeritage and want my money back if I do not hear something in the next week - other than an automated response. Should have gone with 23andME.

Dorothy Hakim, Sheffield, UK

MyHeritage — did not receive dna kit after over a month.

After over a month, I never received any DNA kit, but it says that the kit wa...

MyHeritage — charges I never authorized

I've never even been to this site and was contacted by my debit card fraud prevention team that 8 charges for...

MyHeritage — renewal notice for myheritage

My name is Tanja Dalton . i received an email about myheritage and a payment. I ignored the email and have...

Melbourne

MyHeritage.com — dna result

[protected] is my myheritage.com account ID. Just received my DNA results - can they possibly be...

MyHeritage — charges on my credit card and i've never used the site.

I have 8 charges on my bank statement for $104 from My Heritage company and I've never used My Heritage, nor...

MyHeritage — dna test

I have taken several DNA tests from other companies. This by far, had the vaguest results. 94.2% North and...

MyHeritage — dna results

I took a DNA test and the results are completely wrong. Did you guys really run a DNA test, or give random...