Having problems with Bloomingdale's?

Bloomingdale's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 18, 2009. The latest review Customer Service....lack of was posted on Mar 20, 2021. The latest complaint customer service line was resolved on May 29, 2014. Bloomingdale's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 59 reviews. Bloomingdale's has resolved 13 complaints.

Bloomingdale's Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 777 0000 (Customer Service)
+1 212 705 2000 (Head Office)
919 Third Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bloomingdale's Customer Service. Initial Bloomingdale's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bloomingdale's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bloomingdale's. Discuss the issues you have had with Bloomingdale's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bloomingdale's Complaints & Reviews

Bloomingdalesreturn credit to my credit card

I purchased an eileen fisher top online from bloomingdales nov 28, 2014. The top was too big therefore I ordered another smaller size and paid for it because I needed it to arrive before a christmas party. The latter shirt got "lost in the mail"... And a I continue to experience a comedy of errors and excuses from customer service. After speaking with customer service and supervisors greater than 5 times, I still have not received my return credit. Their warehouse documented they processed the return on 12/23/14. Each time I called and even spoke with the resolution dept., I was told that the credit would take 7-10 days. Well, at 10 days, I called again, and was told that the return credit was never submitted properly by their employee. My last call was to resolution depart. And they assured me instant credit was to be done to my credit card on jan 24, 2015. Surprise!!! Never done either.
Donot ever do business with this company unless you don't want to ever see your money again. They are the worse customer service department I ever experienced and still no resolution. Shame on you bloomingdales!!!

Bloomingdale's — unacceptable business practices

I have been a Bloomingdale's customer both online and in stores for years, but I agree with the HUNDREDS...

Bloomingdalescustomer service line

I always wanted to love BMD the stores and the rep there are so nice. But every time, every time I purchase things online, there's always problem. The number one problem is that they cancel your order without telling you. I have had that multiple times. But today, something worse happened. I got an email saying that I need to verify info about my order. I called, was on hold on and off for half an hour until they found the issue. Deena was trying to be helpful but apparently sometimes she just zoned out when I was telling her the information so she asked me the same questions multiple times. Her supervisor Rachel suddenly picked up the phone and basically was saying that this was all my fault and she cant help me. Not sure how she got the supervisor position because she is just as bad as the others if not worse. There are no friendliness in her tone of voice and I already told her that I didnt want to be difficult just want to fix my order... NEVER BUY VIA ONLINE AGAIN!

• Dj
        DJ031911 Mar 26, 2015

Same here dealing with them again and for the past 2 years since i got giftcards for my wedding and don't have a phycal store here. Trying to connect with corporate. They've had me waiting 4 months for an iterm they let me buy, then immediately after said wasn't available. Options, cancel order or "wait indefinitely". This is the 2nd time they've done that, in addition to a sleu of issues.

Bloomingdale's Onlineitem never received

I placed an order online on 12/15/2012 for 2 items of fine jewelry, a necklace and a ring. On December 24 I received one of the items, the necklace, but not the second item, a ring. On December 26, 2012 I notified Bloomingdale's via phone and was told I would receive the second item, the ring, within 48 hours. It is now the end of the year, December 31, and still no ring. I called customer service and was told that the ring was not shipped. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after holding the line for 12 minutes, the line mysteriously dropped. I called back and was put on hold again...you get the picture.

As a marketing manager, I also understand this company is involved in fraudulent practices. For instance, when you place an order by phone and your call goes smoothly and the order is completed within a certain amount of time you are then mysteriously selected to participate in a brief survey. When your call takes longer or there are issues to be resolved, you are then never selected. This is a non ethical way to boost their customer satisfaction ratings!

Bottom line. I want my ring!
      Tiziana Boccaletti

Bloomingdalesonline order

I put in an order for 2 items online and went through the express checkout. What i didn't realize is that the delivery address listed was an address I used over 2 years ago. I tried to cancel the order but did not see that option online. I tried to call Bloomingdales customer service but it was closed after 9pm.

I then called bloomingdales next morning at about 9am as per there customer service hours. I was told that the package could not be re-routed. I asked if I could cancel the order and was told my order was canceled and my credit card would be credited within 5 days.

Next day, I get notice that my packages have been shipped! I called Bloomingdales and they say they have no record of the cancellation. I asked if they could listen to the recording of my call with their customer service agent and they said they would not be able.They outsource their customer service and it would be difficult to track. They said they were still charging me for the items even if they were lost.

They were of no help at all. I should have been able to cancel the order when speaking with the customer service agent. The order was being sent out the next day, yet they did not stop it from going.

To make matters worse, their agent told me the order was canceled the order but did not. According to them, this is not normal procedure. So basically this person lied to me. Bloomingdales is outsourcing their customer service to an agency that they do not hold accountable.

I will never shop with them again.

Bloomindales Online — sent wrong item, twice, then had trouble getting refunded on credit card

Ok, just the worst online ordering experience EVER. And I place frequent and sometimes large online order...

Bloomingdales — not able to use gift card

Tried to use a $200 gift card on online. got all the way to checkout when Site would not accept card number...

Bloomingdalesmis charge

My Wife ordered a Gucci Watch. Rather thats what the online ad said. when the package arrived it was only a watch band.
          She returned the item. But Bloomingdales policy is they charge for shipping on returns. unless you purchase something else. Even though we explained the item was falsely advertised. They went ahead and charge the shipping fee. My wife tried to call about the issue but they would not speak to her because she was not listed on the account. even though she was with me when we signed up for it and I specifically instructed the sales girl to add her. I run a small business and my time is precise. It took me awhile to call about the mistake myself. When I finally reached the Customer service department It took over 45 min to be told that person could not help and that I needed to speak with a supervisor. After doing so they would not budge on the charge. They did take off the last service charge. but still wanted the shipping charge plus 2 service charges. when I agreed to pay the bogus charge just to be done with it they wanted $14.50 to process my credit card over the phone. Needless to say I sent them a check and asked for my account to be cancelled. I have never had customer service be so worthless and unhelpful. I really expected more from Bloomindale's

Bloomingdalesdiscrimination

I witnessed an employee sent home by I'm assuming here an HR simply because of her shoes. The girl was dressed fine- all black, cute, professional. This lady basically came up to the girl and yelled at her for black moccasins. Yet another girl wearing the same shoes (in a smaller size) was never told a word. I felt so horrible for that young girl. She was basically discriminated because of the size of her shoes?

Bloomingdalesdo not work here

I work in Bloomingdale's Short Hills. The Short Hills store is uncomfortably warm. My manager will not allow me to take off my jacket despite my discomfort. Black jackets are required if you are on the selling team even in the summer when it is 100 degress outside. I am suffering and there is little concern about the comfort of the staff. Do not work here! They are inhumane and sexist. Women are required to wear jackets but are allowed to go with bare legs. Can you believe in this day and age that mandates like that still exist? We need a union.

Bloomingdale's Big Canvas Bagpoor quality

I bought the bag on April 27th 2011 at Bloomingdales, NY. On May 31st 2011, I used the bag for the first time. I had only put a couple of light items into the bag when the shoulder strap broke away from the bag. I paid full price for the bag and I am very disappionted with the quality.

• TwinkleTwinkle May 31, 2011

Might be a problem returning it then. You could always try and email them see if they are interested.

Bloomingdale'sweb site glitches and credit card

I tried to order some cosmetics from Bloomingdale's, the site found my profile easily, but when I went to check out, it kept asking for a 5-digit zip code. It turned out that the system didn't recognize zip codes starting with a zero. I switched to a phone order, apparently I no longer existed in Bloomingdale's database, and then my Bloomingdale credit card was denied, much to my surprise since I didn't have a balance. It turned out that I hadn't used the credit card since 2008 (though I had just finished paying on a 0% interest/1 year purchase), my credit limit had been lowered (to what I am not sure, since my purchase was only $145). Needless to say, I told them to go to hell and went to Nordstrom to buy what I wanted.

Bloomingdalescheating customers

I ordered a burberry jacket and I asked for gift wrap I took it and I give it to the person whom I bought for when he opened it we found out that they sent me a guess jacket not burberry I called bloomingdale and they said that the jacket I orderd was not avilable so they decided to ship me a total different jacket without letting me know the price difference was about $500 shame shame on bloomingdale after that I closed my acoount and I will never shop again at bloomingdales and every one should do the same!!!

• PARVO IN YUBA CITY, CA Mar 02, 2011

Oh man... Can I be your friend, too? ;-)

Seriously, Bloomies should know better than to try and sneak that type of thing buy the customer. I don't know what has happened to business ethics, but it is going to be the end of lots of stores if unethical business practices continue.

I hope you got your money back. That's a shame!

Bloomingdale'scustomer service

I have regularly ordered from Bloomingdale's for years. I have never had to deal with their customer service department until now though. I need to return a Christmas gift that I bought for my husband that doesn't fit. I have spent several days going back and forth with Customer Service on how to get a replacement Merchandise Return form. Now they are telling me they will email me one, but it will take 10 days. (At Nordstrom you can print one online immediately for any of your orders).

• Nz
                          nz customer Apr 18, 2013

I have exactly the same experience. I was trying to get a return form. I sent 5 emails without any response. Then I call their support number, no any luck. 10 days past, I don't know if there are any way to get the form for refund. I'm not in USA, so no chance to return to the shop.

• Mj
                          mjgranvi Feb 02, 2011

BTW - Bloomindale's address for returning merchandise is: RETURNS DEPT, CHESHIRE WAREHOUSE, 475 KNOTTER DRIVE, CHESHIRE CT 06410

• Mj
                          mjgranvi Feb 02, 2011

An update to my prior Bloomindale's post. After sending seven emails to customer service and making two phone calls, I still hadn't received a return label. Finally I just returned my order to their corporate headquarters with a copy of all the emails I had sent them. About a week later I finally received a return label. Too little, too late.

Bloomingdale Customer Service (1 - 800 - 323 - 7857) — the worst customer service staff - no accountability

Shame Shame Shame on the senior management of Bloomingdale's Customer Service. You are not in touch with...

Bloomingdalescustomer service attitude

I have never in my entire life (I am 60 years old) been so rudely treated as I have with Bloomingdale's customer service. This summer I returned a dress that I had purchased in CA and for some reason the dress was lost for several months. I had also purchased a pair of heels for our son's wedding. Before the dress was finally found I was given threatening calls by Bloomingdale's customer service no matter how hard I tried to explain the situation. These threatening calls were coming to me weekly saying I needed to pay up.in the meantime, I had agreed to pay for the shoes but not before the bill was due. customer service was making me pay for the shoes before the due date which I refused b/c they had yet to find the dress that I returned. Through I don't know how may phone calls I got nowhere and in the meantime because of being so upset and having so many notes on my desk as to how incorigible this company had been, the payment arrived a few days late. Now they are telling me I owe them $60+ in late fees. I have only in the past 15 years purchased these 2 items from Bloomingdales and that will be the last they see of my money. And honestly, in this time of a recession when many companies are reaching out to help their customers this is an outrage and disgrace.

Bloomingdale's — credit card (involuntary closing)

To: Whom It May Concern, I was a loyal Bloomingdale's and Macy’s customer that without a doubt...

Bloomingdalescredit card

I am infuriated with Bloomingdales. My family has been customers with the company from the early 1980's
                          I was not sent a bill and they sent the debt to a collections agency. When I confronted them with this issue and when they looked up my information on the computer they realized that they lost the best customer, i have in all my years always paid the bill in full. Im angry because their was no phone call, or email. Just directly to the collections. Lets not forget that I also have perfect credit. and this situation could have hurt me tremendously. not even an apology!!
                          bloomingdales is a shameful company that really went straight to the gutter!!!

Bloomingdale's Mac Boutique — poor customer service

Went to Bloomingdale's MAC Boutique to purchase cosmetics at Lenox Mall. I was already being helped by...