Complaints & Reviews

cancellation of order (two) times without any valid reason

I am highly disappointed with my online order. Please see blow summary of my extremely bad experience:
I placed online order# [protected] on 10/01/2017 for Fitbit Alta HR to deliver to my Dad as a birthday gift. This order was cancelled without giving any reason than I contacted customer service and they have created new second order#MSA1727800075 on 10/05/2017 and I got call from credit protection department for verification and I talked with them on 10/05 and they confirmed that verification is completed and item will be delivered on 10/06 but unfortunately item was never delivered and when I call customer service again and spent two hours with no help they told me that order has been cancelled. They have not given me any valid reason.
Answer I got is to place another new order online we can't help.

I never thought as a valued customer I will get that kind of service. I spent total of three hours to find out the reason and reorder of the item but never got satisfactory answer from your customer service.

• Updated by Narendra Agarwal · Oct 11, 2017

I placed online order# 473841163 on 10/01/2017 for Fitbit Alta HR to deliver to my Dad as a birthday gift. This order was cancelled without giving any reason than I contacted customer service and they have created new second order#MSA1727800075 on 10/05/2017 and I got call from credit protection department for verification and I talked with them on 10/05 and they confirmed that verification is completed and item will be delivered on 10/06 but unfortunately item was never delivered and when I call customer service again and spent two hours with no help they told me that order has been cancelled. They have not given me any valid reason.
    Answer I got is to place another new order online we can't help.

unethical behaviour

June 17 2017 - This was the day before my birthday so I decided to treat myself to a Louis Vuitton bag and...

online ordering process-horrible

I spent my entire Tuesday shopping online for Christmas presents for my Husband and family. On Wednesday I placed two orders, one of which was processed without any issues. The second order I placed through my Bloomingdales account had been cancelled three times in one day. From 10:00am to 4:30PM I had tried to get this order placed. I was tossed from the ordering department who blamed the credit department and the credit department blamed the Credit protection department. late in the day I confirmed my identity with the credit protection company and my Bloomingdales account was charged the $1098.00 for the order I had tried to place several times. That same evening I was called At 4:30PM by the credit department who assured me and apologized for the inconvenience that my credit card was charged and the order was placed and I would have my order by December 13th.

I called this morning just to be sure that the order was in your system as nothing was showing on my account profile and low and behold the order was cancelled again. I was placed on hold and the call was disconnected and called in again and placed on hold. The order department didn’t know what to do so I asked to be transferred to the credit department where I finally had enough and ask that they cancel all orders and refund both orders. I have to tell you not only did I waste two days for nothing but I have never gone through so much disorganization just to place an order. I missed time off of work and I am extremely disappointed with the service I was given. One hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing and all departments blamed each other leaving a customer with no resolution.

prada sandals

In aug 8 2016 I purchase a pair of Prada sandals, and return them on aug 2016
I paid $533.49 total $43.49 I paid in cash and the rest I paid with a gift card from Bloomingdales. Few days after I return the item I received a call from one of the managers in that dept to let me know they receive the package but they could not refund me in cash because I paid with the gift card and cash also. I told him that I never ask to be refunded in cash that they can send another gift card like I had before. It's being 3 months since our conversation numerous phone calls very rude people answering the phone I spoke to customer service and a lady with the name of Lauren told me that the manager was out for few days but the next day they will take care and she will call me back. I'm still waiting this is not the first time I have to deal with this people. After reading all the complaints in consumer reports I realized this a very common practice in this specific store.

online order and customer service

A week ago I received an email from Bloomingdale's which stated they couldn't complete my order and to call them. I called them today and they said the order was cancelled because my credit card company didn't verify my information. I told the representative no, that is not true, I processed a purchase with Bloomingdale's less than a month ago on the same card and there was no discrepancy and nothing has changed. She was rude and insisted that the note in the file said the bank didn't verify the info. She said she couldn't call my bank or do anything for me. She said I had to call my bank to fix it and then repurchase. I called my bank and they said no, we approved the Bloomingdales charge on the order date and there were no issues. I called Bloomingdales back and this time the representative did call my bank, and then apologized because there was no discrepancy in the information. She was then able to reprocess the order without issue. I spent over an hour trying to fix this issue. I did complain to management about the first representative. The manager was understanding and advised they would use it as a coaching opportunity. I was satisfied until I started reading all the online complaints about Bloomingdales from people who have had the exact same experience (orders cancelled without notification and rude customer service representatives who are unwilling to do their job and fix the issue). It sounds like this is a systemic problem and not a one time incident. I will avoid purchasing from Bloomingdales in the future.

very stressful

When I made an order a screen popped out and said that taxes and shipping cost was already included. Everything seemed fine and soon I received a notification that my package arrived. And when I went to pick it up I was told that I can't get it until I pay for the taxes. Well, there was nothing to do, so I paid. As soon as I got home I emailed Bloomingdale's and asked what was going on and why no one warned me about the taxes, but no one ever answered my messages!

charged me twice

Bloomingdale's is absolutely ridiculous! I have ordered some stuff from this website and when they charged my card I noticed that they took more money than I expected. I contacted the company and found out that they charged me twice for one and the same order. They said that nothing can be done and refused to refund my money. Then I told them that I want to pick something else, but they refused and told that I'll be getting what I paid for. I'm so disappointed!

lost items and will not return

On 12/30/15 I inadvertently mislabeled returns to Bloomingdales and Sak's 5th Avenue. Sak's promptly returned...

worst website, ever!

I made an order back in November, 2015. There is actually no way to change a billing and a shipping address to two different addresses. Later I received a call from the fraud department and I was told that my order was cancelled because the billing address did not match the one on my card. I tried to order something again, but received an email stating that the item I ordered was now out of stock. You cannot change the address and only because of that there is no way you could order anything from Bloomingdale’s. I honestly don't think the hassle of the website is worth anything I could possibly want.

hunter boots

I ordered Hunters from Bloomingdale's and not only did they send the wrong boots, but they were in horrible...

ordering over the phone.

During the black-frifday event i took advantage of the promotions and discounts given by Bloomingdales, i...

bloomingdale credit card services

I spoke with Beverly whose birthday is two days before Nov. 15th. I was calling for my sister who doesn't...

customer service and on-line order

I purchased two items for a total of $1, 429.50 on 9/21/15 and just found out today (9/24/15) that my order...

return credit to my credit card

I purchased an eileen fisher top online from bloomingdales nov 28, 2014. The top was too big therefore I ordered another smaller size and paid for it because I needed it to arrive before a christmas party. The latter shirt got "lost in the mail"... And a I continue to experience a comedy of errors and excuses from customer service. After speaking with customer service and supervisors greater than 5 times, I still have not received my return credit. Their warehouse documented they processed the return on 12/23/14. Each time I called and even spoke with the resolution dept., I was told that the credit would take 7-10 days. Well, at 10 days, I called again, and was told that the return credit was never submitted properly by their employee. My last call was to resolution depart. And they assured me instant credit was to be done to my credit card on jan 24, 2015. Surprise!!! Never done either.
Donot ever do business with this company unless you don't want to ever see your money again. They are the worse customer service department I ever experienced and still no resolution. Shame on you bloomingdales!!!

unacceptable business practices

I have been a Bloomingdale's customer both online and in stores for years, but I agree with the HUNDREDS...

customer service line

I always wanted to love BMD the stores and the rep there are so nice. But every time, every time I purchase things online, there's always problem. The number one problem is that they cancel your order without telling you. I have had that multiple times. But today, something worse happened. I got an email saying that I need to verify info about my order. I called, was on hold on and off for half an hour until they found the issue. Deena was trying to be helpful but apparently sometimes she just zoned out when I was telling her the information so she asked me the same questions multiple times. Her supervisor Rachel suddenly picked up the phone and basically was saying that this was all my fault and she cant help me. Not sure how she got the supervisor position because she is just as bad as the others if not worse. There are no friendliness in her tone of voice and I already told her that I didnt want to be difficult just want to fix my order... NEVER BUY VIA ONLINE AGAIN!

• Dj
    DJ031911 Mar 26, 2015

Same here dealing with them again and for the past 2 years since i got giftcards for my wedding and don't have a phycal store here. Trying to connect with corporate. They've had me waiting 4 months for an iterm they let me buy, then immediately after said wasn't available. Options, cancel order or "wait indefinitely". This is the 2nd time they've done that, in addition to a sleu of issues.

item never received

I placed an order online on 12/15/2012 for 2 items of fine jewelry, a necklace and a ring. On December 24 I received one of the items, the necklace, but not the second item, a ring. On December 26, 2012 I notified Bloomingdale's via phone and was told I would receive the second item, the ring, within 48 hours. It is now the end of the year, December 31, and still no ring. I called customer service and was told that the ring was not shipped. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after holding the line for 12 minutes, the line mysteriously dropped. I called back and was put on hold again...you get the picture.

As a marketing manager, I also understand this company is involved in fraudulent practices. For instance, when you place an order by phone and your call goes smoothly and the order is completed within a certain amount of time you are then mysteriously selected to participate in a brief survey. When your call takes longer or there are issues to be resolved, you are then never selected. This is a non ethical way to boost their customer satisfaction ratings!

Bottom line. I want my ring!
Tiziana Boccaletti

online order

I put in an order for 2 items online and went through the express checkout. What i didn't realize is that the delivery address listed was an address I used over 2 years ago. I tried to cancel the order but did not see that option online. I tried to call Bloomingdales customer service but it was closed after 9pm.

I then called bloomingdales next morning at about 9am as per there customer service hours. I was told that the package could not be re-routed. I asked if I could cancel the order and was told my order was canceled and my credit card would be credited within 5 days.

Next day, I get notice that my packages have been shipped! I called Bloomingdales and they say they have no record of the cancellation. I asked if they could listen to the recording of my call with their customer service agent and they said they would not be able.They outsource their customer service and it would be difficult to track. They said they were still charging me for the items even if they were lost.

They were of no help at all. I should have been able to cancel the order when speaking with the customer service agent. The order was being sent out the next day, yet they did not stop it from going.

To make matters worse, their agent told me the order was canceled the order but did not. According to them, this is not normal procedure. So basically this person lied to me. Bloomingdales is outsourcing their customer service to an agency that they do not hold accountable.

I will never shop with them again.

sent wrong item, twice, then had trouble getting refunded on credit card

Ok, just the worst online ordering experience EVER. And I place frequent and sometimes large online order...

not able to use gift card

Tried to use a $200 gift card on online. got all the way to checkout when Site would not accept card number...