BloomexFlower delivery

A Jul 11, 2021

Hello, thank you for posting this complaint regarding my 2021 July 10 birthday gift that was to deliver birthday flowers and balloon to Kinburn ON near Ottawa. Bloomex launched a so called investigation, asked me to send the evidence which I did in the attached email and proceeded to totally ignored all the points that I have made and the request for partial refund. Instead they sent me a patronizing platitudes "we are sorry you had a bad experience" etc.

From: arpad arpad
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2021 6:06 AM
To: 'Bloomex'
Subject: Order 3298425

Dear Bloomex

Please find attached a photo of the received goods from the recipient.

The flowers arrived one day too early, not on the birthday of the recipient as it was requested. Instead of the 18 inch Mylar balloon that was ordered a much smaller balloon was substituted (about 6 inch). The flowers were not in the best of condition as they were boxed overnight.

On the 8th (2 days before the requested delivery date) I saw that the Purolator delivery status was In-Progress. Phoned up Bloomex to say that the flowers should not have been sent yet because in 2 days the flowers will wilt. Customer service assured me that it was not actually sent. I repeated the delivery time to them, i.e. 10th of July. In spite of this the flowers were delivered on the 9th.

if you ship a flower product boxed without refrigeration then it must be delivered as quickly as possible to prevent degradation in transit. So it seems to me that not keeping the requested delivery date was intentional as well the substitution of the tiny balloon in order to reduce the Purolator shipping costs.

So indeed we have a little issue with my future trust.

My expectation is the full refund of the shipping cost, not just the extra 4 dollars, and the cost of the balloon.

Regards

Flower delivery

RESOLVED

• Bloomex's response · Jul 11, 2021

Thank you for such detailed feedback. We truly apologize your order did not meet your expectations. As per our Delivery Policy the address provided for delivery is not in one of our local delivery areas. We deliver there overnight with our courier from Tuesday to Friday, the order should be placed before 4 pm the previous day. That is why your order was not delivered on Saturday, July 10th. Unfortunately with the low/high temperature and transportation issues the flowers are dehydrated when they arrive. We would like to rectify the situation by sending an apology gift basket or issue a store credit that you may use at any time in the future. Please advise which option you would prefer. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope to be able to rectify the situation.

Regards, Bloomex Customer Support

Polan Arpad Jul 13, 2021

A gift basket arrived with a Bloomex truck from Ottawa full of chocolates. I am satisfied that Bloomex takes customer satisfaction seriously.

Polan Arpad Jul 13, 2021

The gift basket arrived with a pile of chocolates, demonstrating that Bloomex stands behind their product and takes customer grievances seriously. I am satisfied with the resolution of my complaint.

Polan Arpad Jul 12, 2021

thank you for trying to rectify the situation, but have to note that Customer Service did not inform me of this delivery policy when i inquired specifically about the Saturday delivery two days before hand out of concern. Also Bloomex is sill silent about why the 18'' balloon was arbitrarily reduced to 6" in size without telling me.

However, I accept the apology basket sent to the original recipient if it contains the 18"" balloon that i have paid for.

Thanks you in advance