Big O Tiresdidn't honor replacement warranty

I've been buying only Big O tires for years, but a new policy cost me $120 to replace a tire that should have been free under what I thought was their warranty.

What happened: Major blowout on the freeway, shattering 1/3 of the sidewall and splitting 1/2 the tire from the tread. Changed to spare, brought it in to Big O the next day and asked, "What can you do?" they said, "You're under warranty, free replacement" and sent me to a neighboring Big O that had the tire in stock. There, they replaced the tire, then charged me $120 saying they have a new "Run Low Tire" policy that doesn't cover any damage whatsoever.

Sounds like BS to me and a easy way for them to reneg on their so called warranty.

Store: Highland CA, Tires: Legacy Tour, Bought: Apr 06, Miles: 25,000. This was the second freeway blowout on those tires...

My recommendation is not to buy tires there - you'll pay higher prices, get tires that blow out, and be serviced by a dubious warranty.

• Ca
    camling331 Apr 29, 2009

Your a fool for not reading your warranty..I have delt with big o for years and know all about that warranty.., you didnt pay attention. and like always you cant make everyone happy no matter what..Big o is the only tire shop that takes care of people and follows the rules...when in doubt read your paper workkkk( I did)

• Th
    thinblue74 Aug 20, 2018

I took my truck to get new tires. 4/6/2018. I have stock dodge clad wheels. I came home to wash all the blue off my tires and 3 of my rims are damaged. I cleaned my truck yesterday so they weren't like that. It's from be mounted on something. So I have new tires and damaged wheels.

• Ra
    Rallo YT Nov 09, 2019

Big o tires is trying to sweep sexual harassment under the table!!!