Best Western Plus La Porte Hotel & Conference Centercheck-in

M Jul 01, 2019

I was at a family wedding on Saturday, June 29th and the bride & groom held a block of rooms for the wedding party and guests at your La Porte Indiana location. We arrived at the hotel after the Church ceremony around 5:00 pm to find a very long line of guests waiting to check in. There was 1 young lady at the counter who kept calling for help and never received any. (knowing a wedding party was arriving they should have been prepared)

When it was finally my turn to check-in I was told that my room (Presidential Suite) was not ready because the cleaning crew had not reached the 2nd floor yet... check-out time is 11:00 am & check-in time is 3:00 pm, I can't understand how the rooms were not ready especially 6 hours later. The wedding reception was set to start at 5:30 pm so this was a HUGE problem considering we had just driven almost 2 hours to attend this wedding and the shuttle bus was already outside waiting for us.

*We were supposed to bring our pet - thank God we didn't because I don't know what we would have done with her since we were NOT able to get into our room until AFTER the reception around 11:00 pm. Also glad that we didn't because by the smell of the hallways (urine & extreme heat) no more pets were needed. What a combination...

I felt the need to write to you and express my dissatisfaction... NEVER in my 48 years of life/traveling have I EVER not been able to check into a hotel room even hours after the given check-in time. Such a disappointment to have started the weekend off on the wrong foot.

BWRM #6006637479439754