Best Buybad employer

Best Buy has got to be the worst place to work for ever!!! They only hire part time and no matter how good you are they will harrass and harang you in the ground over small garbage they are more concerned about their bottom line than they are about their employees or customers!!! Their management are snobs and suckup brown noser's and apperently the only way you can get ahead with them is not by working hard or being honest it's only by sucking up!!! Trust me when I say you would rather work in fast food before working for these idiots!!! Don't trust them any farther than you can throw them and as far as their " Black Tie Protection Plan " That they will try to sell you very hard and their calibration?? Well let's just say their Black tie plan is not all it's cracked up to be because they will try to sell it to you saying it's a repair or replacement?? This is somewhat true but what they do not tell you is that the black tie plan?? if you need something replaced well it will not get you what you bought at first I personaly wittnessed them shafting people with it and their calibration?? Well let's just say it's not everything they claim it takes a nice bright clear picture and makes it dull and boring looking with no real inprovment...so be warned in other words caviot emptor " let the buyer beware!!!<br />
Signed <br />
A former best buy employee or is the worst buy?? I leave that part up to you!!!<br />
BEWARE!!!

• Do
    donebeingbullied Nov 03, 2009

Oh yah, you should try working for Hit Web Design.

• Ya
    yaya2 Dec 11, 2009

I currently work for Best buy as a seasonal P/T merch guy or whatever you wanna call it. Ive been working here for 4 weeks now and I gotta say that your comments are bang on. In my departement, the management consists of an 18 year old power hungry supervisor kid, and a 30 year old arduous senior . Since I am the only new guy and pretty much at the bottom of the ladder (Job until school starts back up in Jan btw...), they harrass you for everything. They expect 110% effort and want their work done within the first two hours. Understandable but come on. They expect me to do all the prcing and coporate batches and cleaning by 8 am, while the supervisor and senior do nothing but walk around and make sure im doing work and then yell at me to work faster while they listen to their ipods and sing christmas carols in the warehouse. I guess thats in their job description. They also dont give a ### about what you have to say. Its basically their way or no way. So if you have any concerns or wondering WHY things are done this way not that way, they threaten to send you home (personal experience). I should've taken the job offer at future shop. Heck, during my interview at futureshop, the manager even said that lots of people make the switch from best buy to future shop. At first I didnt really take this thoughts seriously but now I understand. Stay away from this place if possible! If you MUST get a job here, then apply for sales. You pretty much do dick all besides help customers and dont even bother to help the merch staff when they are not busy (which they are required to do by management standards but it never happens). Instead they just do a bunch of figures eights in their respectful departments while listening to music or texting. Heck that will probably even make you more of an ### but thats your choice.

God, I never had a job where I got this angry with less than a month of working!

• Xe
    XenoMiang Dec 16, 2009

I must be one of the lucky ones because I really like my job and the people that work there, including managers. I've actually never seen such hard working managers in a retail store before, mostly managers just sit on their ###. I've had feeling exactly like this about jobs in the past but I'm happy, at least for the time being, at Best Buy.

• Ca
    califb Aug 02, 2010

You must mean "Caveat emptor, " but we'll just forget about your spelling issues. The reason you think a calibrated picture looks darker is because it is. It is meant to lower the sharpness, brightness, and blue colors that manufacturers intentionally crank up to make a picture brighter. In other words, brighter is not better. If you take a photograph and then take the image and increase the color saturation, brightness, and blue tint many would think the picture looks better but it's not the real image that you photographed. That is the whole point of a calibration, to give the customer and true-to-life or true-to-cinema picture rather than a overly bright saturated image. Many customers don't understand this because it is so ingrained in our head to think that brighter is better. That's how manufacturers sell televisions in the first place. They sell televisions based on their bright colorful images, not on how accurately they can recreate a film they way it was made in the first place. As for Best Buy's protection plans they are some of the best in the business which is why they may cost more than other companies because they almost always cover a whole lot more than just an extended warranty.

• Co
    Coolidgecollegegrad Jul 21, 2011

I used to work for best buy as a wireless sales consultant and at first thought it was a great job till my supervisor started giving me all the hours he didn't want to work especially on holidays and in January I got laid off not because I did a bad job but because the supervisor got paranoid and thought I was trying to turn him in

• Ne
    newlywed10 Apr 13, 2013

It's nice to no longer be with a company that treats their employees like replaceable fodder that has no feelings, goals or individual needs but can be lumped together as a unit and expected to function like a cookie cutter, copy and paste, drone with no learning curves. And then when they don't need unit number you, they sling you around like a cat with dying mouse until you KNOW you were never (insert GM compliment or certifacte given here) and all your "friends" let you know everything they really thought about you through the grapevine, "oh her, ya she's lazy, crazy, steals, lies, no one likes her." I worked for best buy for two years and was recognized by corporate management for my hard work and was then fired because my mother GAVE me her rewards zone certificate she didn't want, an actual GIFT, and I used it to buy a drink. They fired me for it a few weeks after my husband and I got back from our honeymoon. Oh did I mention my husband and I both work at the same best buy. Ya that's right the fired me because I married my associate, they worked to find the most pathetic excuse to separate us but they don't do anything about managers have sex with employees, in the store, or GM's who come to work drunk! My husband is much harder to replace than I was so I was singled out and fired. But not before being interrogated like a criminal for two and a half hours without being allowed to see evidence or proof of any kind for their accusations and told how to write my letter to corporate. Then I was left in the dark for weeks and final brought in to be fired over a coke. Then when I came to the store to eat lunch with my husband just like ALL the married managers wives to I was kicked out of the store in front of all the people who were still my friends even though we didn't work together. Then a week later the GM tells my husband I hope there are no hard feelings and your wife is always welcome here. I hate them all and can't wait to see the company crash to the ground. The change their business model every quarter which costs who knows how much but the new business models never meet the complaints of the customers.