Bella Terra Cosmeticsreturns

M Review updated:

I purchased some foundation powder a few months ago. The price I was quoted was "about $60" from the thick accented sales woman. Pretty expensive i thought. I bouht it and during the purchase i got a phone call. I gave her my card and she quickly shoved the sales receipt in the bag. I pulled out my receipt not 20 feet from the stand and saw that my total with tax was $75. The makeup was 69.99. So i quickly walk back to return it, just to expensive for my taste. I politely explain that i didn't realize it would be that much, i would like my money back. She poped her gum gave me this hellish look and gave me a business card and said "sorry, no returns" and walked away to the mall doors, leaving me at the empty stand. So i call the headquarters and after about the 7th time of being put on hold, and hung up on, i gave up. There's no sign saying "no returns" just on my crumbled receipt in tiny letters on the back.

• Updated by Dockery · Oct 20, 2019

I can provide a photo of the receipt if needed.

• Updated by Dockery · Oct 20, 2019

Receipt is attached. I can return via mail.

• Do
    Dockery Oct 26, 2019

I purchased $229 worth of this product a week ago and it made my face sting and itch. Was told by sales girl it wouldn't harm my skin...,,, that it was excellent for sensitive and acne prone skin. I have adult onset acne Andrade acne as a child. I cannot use this is AWFUL for my skin How can I get my money back?

• Ta
    tara rosecrans Oct 13, 2019

I was coerced into buying the foundation and the brush to go with it to only find when I got home the 40$ brush wasn't even in there. Have been. Along every number I can find but I have already talked with my credit company and if this doesn't get resolved I am disputing the entire charge. I suggest your company contacts me

• Da
    Dancer-1 Dec 04, 2018

Oh my! Same here, only I spent $500!! The cute young women are from Israel and very good at selling, telling me what she told you all. I almost got out of there with several items for $250 but was then introduced to the “professional” who told me how to get rid of my brown spots and how they occur, etc.
    At one point the kit was $1500 and I had already told them I couldn’t buy any more today. So of course they kept coming down on the price and giving me the “employee discount”.
    I ended up getting the dermalactives face mask for $200 and anti-aging cream for $50. Geeze the mask is really cool tho. We’ll see if it works.
    Post Osk Mall - BCS

• Bi
    Bill Goebel Dec 04, 2017

And there is no recourse with the company, they ay we cannot refund money we didn't receive. They received the money from the retailer. And ZERO support. SO Now I get to go through the credit card and see what they can do.

• Co
    Concerned 69 Jul 15, 2017

There from Russia I ask the pushy sales girl, she got rude when I finally said $70 was too high for foundation.

• Co
    Concerned 69 Jul 15, 2017

There from Russia I ask the pushy sales girl, Sugarland Mall. She got rude with me when I finally said $70 was too high for foundation.

Sugarland Texas

• Ki
    Kim Jansen Jun 09, 2017

Just returned from the local mall here in Athens, GA. Kiosk with Bella Terra products with a young man & woman (both with thick accents) working. The man stopped me, handed me a sample product & started talking. Long story short, he tried to sell me skin care products - a year's worth for ONLY $299! I was impressed with the products, but not for $300. He dropped the price to $200 IF I promised to use the products as recommended and tell my friends about them. I told him I was interested, asked for his card, and said I was going to research the company and products & IF they had good feedback (HA...HA...HA) I'd be back. He then tried to sell me 6 months worth of the stuff for $200. Math was never my best subject, but I think for $200 I'd rather have the year's supply vs the 6 month supply - yeah, I know, call me crazy. As he began to realize he wasn't going to get a sale today, he started throwing in coupons for a facial, makeup brush, etc. He was most charming up until this point. When he realized I wasn't buying today, he tried to shame me into "not taking care of myself, not doing anything nice for me, etc, etc." ROFLMAO - are you kidding me. I told him the nicest thing I was doing for me was watching my pocketbook! His attitude changed, he told me he didn't care what I did, that if I walked away I wouldn't come back. I replied that IF his products stood up to popular opinion, I'd be back. SO thankful for finding this site and reading all the reviews. I do like the products and will seek them out elsewhere - NOT at the mall. And for all you ladies who "can't say no"...grow a pair! Really - here's someone you don't know and will probably never see again, why do you let them pressure you into buying something you don't want or aren't sure about. I hate to see women taken advantage of by some slick salesperson, but ladies, they're depending upon your inability to say NO. Stand up for yourself, get a bit of an attitude, and tell these folks where to get off!

• Tr
    trinilou Jan 24, 2017

I too got lured into a sale.

While I did like the coverage of the makeup, what I didn't like was how pushy the salesgirl was. I was stopped, like most people, as I walked by the kiosk. She didn't actually grab me like others have stated, which is good, because if she had, I probably would have reacted badly. I let her put some of the BB cream on the back of my hand, and then she started to put the makeup on my face without permission. I jerked back as she did so, and called her on it. Once I agreed, she then proceeded to do half my face.

As she was "closing the sale, " she offered two "free" brushes with the purchase of the BB cream, and ran them over the back of my hand a few times, "Feel this brush, they're soft aren't they?" I answered that yes, they were soft. "Have you ever felt this soft? No, right?" Her face to my answer of, "Yeah, I have, but since they're free, I'll take them, AFTER you finish the other half of my face." was hilarious. I think I shocked her.

I did also get the whole "use a little bit, this will last you two years" sales pitch. And she did get a little flustered when I pointed out that I should NOT, in fact, use the make up that long when the "period after opening" clearly stated 12M. All in all, I think I got off "light" compared to some other people. I think by the time she started ringing me up, she was a bit flustered by my attitude & how firm I was on buying the one product. She tried selling me eyeshadow, blush, something else (I have no idea, I wasn't listening). I told her I just wanted the BB cream, and when she tried pushing, I reached out and plucked my $100 bill out of her hand, "Just the BB cream, and the two free brushes, or I walk away."

• Le
    learningtofly09 Aug 26, 2016

I was shopping at the Parks Mall in Arlington, minding my own business, and actually in a bit of a hurry to get on with my night and leave. As I was headed for the end of the mall where I was parked, this pushy sales associate said she was going to give me a free sample of eye shadow and told me it was "obviously make up day" after she saw my bag from Sephora. She showed me some colors of what looked like mineral make up, I told her I was in a hurry and would come back another day. It was like she didn't take me seriously and tried to ring me up for a purchase any way and said I should really "think about" my face, and make a purchase to help her reach her "bonus" I was clearly offended and told her I was leaving and she told me "Well, don't come back then!" Rest assured, I am avoiding the mall for a while and hope that shady company goes out of business.

CHICA238U348 Aug 01, 2016

I went to Bella Terra to buy new eye shadows for myself and to use on my clients. I told the girl I liked these four eye shadows in particular but being a makeup artist i try on everything just on the lid . She told me she didnt have an applicator i said thats fine i will just use these cutips and she said okay thats fine. Then as I had layed out the four eye shadows to try on some man who calls himself the associate manager comes screaming at me saying im messing up his station and wasting his product and i had his mirror in my hand looking at the first shadow he grabbed the mirror out of my hand and said you are done now you are causing a mess and chaos . i was completely dumb founded and asked him if he was ignorant? i said im a makeup artist i want these products but i want to try them on first to see if they look good. I said are you that stupid if a makeup artist likes your product then she brings you her clients to buy your makeup!!! HELLO !!! but forgive me he was ignorant as hell and was threating to call mall security on me cause i told him he was truly UNPROFESSIONAL and should not work in the public sector!!! he told me get the F away from here!!! I found mall securtiy told them and i thought i saw ignorant at its finest their boss DANNY LEVI came to speak to me and the two cops and completely dismissed them saying i was wasting his product i said i was tryin it on how am i supposed to buy it if i cant try it on ###!!! he told the cops the i have a video of her causing disruption so one cop went and NOTHING NADA i didnt do anything wrong at all . PROBLEM IS MRS.LEVI YOU ARE NOT A TRUE PROFESSIONAL AT ALL AND DO NOT CARE TO MAKE A WOMAN FEEL BEAUTIFUL . YOU ARE VERY CHEAP AND DO NOT LET POTENTIAL CLIENTS TRY ON YOUR PRODUCT ALONE BECAUSE YOU ARE THAT CHEAP OF A PERSON!!! HIS STAFF IS VERY RUDE AS WELL!!! BELLA TERRA NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MALL BECAUSE THERE IS NO TIME NOR PLACE FOR UNPROFESSIONAL CHEAP STAKE PEOPLE RUNNING A BUSINESS LIKE THAT IN THE MALL. WOMEN DO NOT DESERVE THAT I DIDNT DESERVE THAT AND I HIGHLY ASK THE SUPERVISORS OVER THE MALL TO NOT LEASE TO THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE. I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS RUN INTO ISSUES I FOUND OUT MANY MAKEUP ARTISTS WHO WORK WITHIN THE MALL AT OTHER PLACES IN THEIR OWN WORDS SAID THEY HATE BELLA TERRA . ITS CALLED GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE MRS.LEVI WHICH YOU LACK INTEGRITY RESPECT AND ARE MONEY HUNGRY. THE MALL DOESNT NEED PEOPLE LIKE THAT. YOU NOT ONLY DISRESPECTED ME BUT ALSO DISRESPECTED THE OFFICE WHOS NAME WILL KEEP CONFIDENTIAL AND HE REPORTED YOU TO HIS SUPERIOR. SO *************WARNING******************** ((((((((((((BELLA TERRA STAY AWAY)))))))))))))) GO TO MAC, MAKEUP OR URBAN DECAY OR ULTA (:

• Bc
    bcollins Nov 21, 2015

these products contain MANY ingredients that are recommended to AVOID; are carcinogenic and cause MANY health problems. Refer to these facts and file a "consumer complaint" with the Texas Attorney General's Office, Better Business Bureau, AND the mall where they are selling from!
    My result: red, swollen, itchy bumps almost like hives

• Li
    Liliana Valencia Aug 27, 2015

My husband purchased a blush, foundation, the brushes, and the stack eyeshadow kit and spent $200.00. That was actually pretty good especially considering the fact the mineral powder was waterproof, has dead sea minerals and is good for the skin nor flaws after use, I found my skin looked even better, it gave a natural healthy glow, and the eyeshadow can be used for a variety of things . We got a sales rep who was pushy and thick accented but then again so am I.The rep and I actually came from the same place and he gave us a discount on the make-up. The thick accents you are hearing are Israeli's who are known for working 24/7 especially at kiosk's and are paid only on commission so of course they are going to be pushy. The products itself are spa quality cosmetics so if you don't want to spend that kind of money-- then don't. BUT ideally most Bella Terra Kiosk's are in malls so likely your planning to spend money anyways so if you really didn't have the money you shouldn't have been there in the first place. I loved the product though and continue to use it. I won't go back to anything else.

• Ca
    Calzonci Aug 27, 2015

I was just had this problem yesterday with this business. Everything I have read I experience. I am also a business Management student and have learned this is a violation of consumer rights. So therefore, I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Hopefully this will end this problem.

• Li
    Litera225 Jun 25, 2015

Ha! I had no idea this was so common. Like so many others, I was sückered in by the charm and manipulative sales tactics of Bella Terra kiosk workers. I'm usually really good at ignoring the kiosks or taking a path to avoid The Diamond Beauty Shop - I didn't even realize Bella Terra was affiliated until the gal who demonstrated the products on me said she'd be right back and grabbed some paper towels from the store. But for whatever reason, I turned and looked back at the saleswoman this time and it was like being pulled into a tornado of product demonstration and smalltalk. I have only a bit of buyer's remorse because 1) all the common complaints and manipulation or aggressive sales tactics ("but wait, there's more! I'll throw this in, it's my special discount...") and 2) it's way more than I'd normally spend... but I still feel like I got a decent deal after checking Amazon. I got the exfoliating gel, daily moisturizer, and one mineral eyeshadow for $85, or approx. $93 with tax. And I was hopelessly charmed by the young woman selling to me. She, too, had an accent, initially apologizing that her English was not that good and later telling me she was from Italy. Besides, even if it was all false and just an illusion, she behaved quite sweet to me, and I can't blame her for trying to make a living in another country that's not home.

• Sh
    shopprincess Mar 02, 2015

Me too! Yesterday!! In the Willowbrook mall in Houston, a lady has me sit down to show me the make up line she is peddling. I was bored and thought what the heck! I really did like the makeup and decided to purchase the foundation and the small brush for touch up. Today I noticed I never received a receipt from the transaction and there is a $92 charge on my card. She had told me the make up was 39$ and the small brush was 15$. I will be reporting this charge to my bank and they have ALWAYS been great! So, come on Chase help me out, this was a pure SCAM!! Be careful people, do not purchase anything from these kiosk in the middle of the mall. They sell most of these product for way less on AMAZON and they are legit.

• Rd
    Rdeltoro Feb 07, 2015

Okay, I guess I a fine because I got the exfoliating gel, the pore refiner, the men's after shave balm, the eye cream and I got her to give me a brush all for $200! This was at the Galleria in Houston. No complaints from me...she was pushy bur I think I was more pushy telling her I was a teacher and I told her a story about buying a gift at Tiffany for my wife. She kept going back and forth with her manager. But I feel u got a deal after looking at the prices online!

• Su
    sucker for cosmetics Jan 31, 2015

Omg! Reading all these complaints, I have to say this happened to me today. I was approached by a thick accented salesman and he said the same thing to me. He removed half of my make up and said I've been using the wrong foundation. He even guessed it right and said my makeup was too thick. Long story short, I ended up spending $100 on the foundation, bronzer & blush. I have never spent this much on make up before! I ended up looking it up on line and they had a special code to get 50% off their products. To top it off, I paid cash & he didn't give a receipt. =/ I'm very disappointed in myself for spending that much on cosmetics I've never heard of. I could've gotten something cheaper at sephora. Lesson learned for me. Note to self:ignore those carts/kiosk at the mall..it's a scam!

• Ke
    Keti Dec 11, 2014

Avoid these people!
    In the Houston Galleria kiosk I was told that price for the item I would like to buy was
    $ 52. 90 and they charged my card $529!!!
    I have noticed it immediately and requested a refund, but they told me they had exchange only .
    They also assured me that i had misheard them and they had told me the right price!
    On the top of it i have discovered another unauthorised charge for $400 in my statement the next day!!!
    I have contacted my card company to assist with these issues and also plan to make a compliant to galleria administration and the security.
    PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED LIKE ME, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

AnnieFall Oct 11, 2014

Luxx Beauty Lounge at the Parks Mall - I was personally stopped twice in the space of 2 weeks. The first time, a thick accented lady managed to pull my friend in and I had to follow. As she pampered my friend, whenever the sales lady glanced in my direction, she frowned. Perhaps because I was fidgeting and trying to get us to leave? Thankfully, my friend pushed that she didn't have any money to spend and she let us go.

The next time, I was on my way to my job after observing the local sales techniques. Another lady, an "Eldar" pronounced "Elda", pulled me in. I made the mistake of walking close enough for her to push a sample into my hand. Once that happened, she encouraged me to 'follow' her in. She began her pitch by asking if I was wearing any makeup. I was wearing some lightly. She proceeded to tell me it wasn't good for my sensitive but pretty skin and how I should stop using it and their bb cream was better. (Personally, I inwardly disagreed. My skin hadn't been great due to college and lack of sleep. And she didn't even know exactly what kind of bb cream I used. Fishy.)

After applying, she informed me the makeup was $70. Now, I was suspicious that it was a marked up item: pitch a higher price to test the waters, but still make a profit no matter what. Upon seeing my hesitation, the lady still pushed me to get it..at $40 (a lower price because she 'cared for my welfare') along with one of their unlabeled but nicely packaged brushes. Again, I hesitated. This time, she ushered me behind the counter to the computer and said she'd use her employee discount to knock the price to $34.99 in secret.

I ended paying for the bb cream $35 (with cash, not card thankfully), but of course not before she made a last attempt at selling a brush at the discounted price of $15.

Thick accent, extremely aggressive sales pitching, a "caring" demeanor...While I can't deny being impressed by their tenaciousness, I have to conclude their lack of hesitation in being manipulative and dishonest lacks morality. Just use cash, or know how to say "no".

• Te
    tekeyakrystal Aug 12, 2014

SWINDLED BY BELLA TERRA !

Whoah, it's crazy how similar all of our stories are and somewhat comforting to know we aren't alone as a victim of this scam. Well here's my story to add to the pile ... I am a college student in Louisiana that decided to take a shopping trip to Houston before school resumes. From my research, I went to The Galleria knowing it's a high end mall in the more wealthy area of the big city, so when the female salesperson with a thick foreign accent speaking very quickly stopped me and rambled on about the expensive products I wasn't alarmed by the $69.99 price tag on foundation. The last time I purchased beauty products was at the Lancome counter in Dillards - lip gloss $25 & mascara $30. I had never purchased foundation before, so I didn't know a price range of how much it normally costs, so I figured this Bella Terra $70 foundation was normal. I told the lady I was just shopping for clothing & I didn't have money for make-up in my budget. She proceeded to demonstrate on my face & hold a mirror up to me showing me how much better I looked with her products on. I honestly did love the way my face looked and then she kept throwing out "special offers" & "free gifts". I am the type of girl that likes nice things and likes it even more when I can get them at a bargain deal - and that's what I thought I was getting when I spent $116 on foundation & the brush, and blush & the brush at the Bella Terra stand in The Galleria :-( . Now, after looking further into makeup prices and visiting different sites about Bella Terra Cosmetics, I definitely feel like I was swindled :-( .

• Th
    The dope that got duped! Aug 02, 2014

Add me to the sucker list...I spent $680 today on make-up and skin care products and I DON'T EVEN WEAR MAKE-UP! Funny thing is, I knew I was getting swindled from the time I sat down so they could "show " me something. I even asked about the return policy. He replied "14 days". I was with my daughter and we had a blast! She seemed so proud. I love the products but by the time I got home I was sick with buyer's remorse. I decided that I would return it first thing in the morning. I just checked my receipt that says "no refunds / exchanges within 14 days"...so he told me a half truth. Lesson learned...the hard way.
    Patrick Henry Mall
    Newport News, Va
    Salesman - Brandon and the guy from Guatemala. Awesome team! They got me good:)

• Lh
    lhildreth Jul 19, 2014

I'm so angry with this company, not only did the sales person tell me my products would last me a year, they told me I'd get half off for being a new customer. Neither of which were true. I bought the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. I gave it a shot, it lasted 2 months and created an acne problem I've never had before. Also he only gave me 25% off when he told me 3 times id get 50% off. Horrible products and they lie. Stay away.

• Bb
    bbgal2 Mar 03, 2014

They got me too!! I was walking by and the guy with a strong accent grabbed my arm. He truly had the "gift of gab" . Before i knew it i bought foundation for $69. it is $59 on their web site. When i started to change my mind and walk away the guy grabbed my arm saying i can get a free brush worth $60 which is $50 on their web site. He then showed me the receipt of the previous customer an said that she paid the $60 for the brush but ill get it free if i buy the foundation. (I found the brush and foundation online for $15-$40 by the way) Anyway, i actually like the products but next time ill use the website or amazon.com.

• Be
    Bella Terra Cosmetics Nov 05, 2013

Hi LearningToFly09 -

We acknowledge the unsavory sales tactics put forth by some of our kiosk operators and do not condone this type of treatment. We take complaints from our customers very seriously and work feverishly to resolve any issue in a timely manner, including the poor treatment of customers from our kiosk operators. Unfortunately the kiosk operators act independently of Bella Terra Cosmetics, Inc. and so our recourse is limited.

We encourage customers of Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics to contact the corporate office should they have any issue including but not limited to returns, complaints or product inquiries. We can be reached toll free at [protected] or by email at [email protected]

-Bella Terra

• Be
    Bella Terra Cosmetics Nov 05, 2013

• Sh
    Shebad200 Nov 04, 2013

I'm actually very pleased with the product. The foundation looks great on and I got a great deal at the mall in my area. The makeup I had on before trying it was Loreal and I normally wear different foundations nothing really cheap until I decided to quit buying makeup at a high price, but after looking at the difference in the two, I was sold on the Bella Terra foundation that was priced at $69.00 and I was really trying to just walk away because I didn't want to spend a lot on makeup again, I said I will think about it and the sales guy said "If you don't buy now I will not discount your item"! I only had $50 on me and that was it...he gave me the product for $55 and threw in the bronzer brush which I love that sales for $49.00. So yes I am happy that I made the purchase and brought my Loreal back for a refund since I bought it the day before. It was a bit too cakey on my face and I can tell a big difference in the color as well. You have to pretty much jew them down to what you can afford and sometimes they will work out a good deal with you...you just gotta know how to shop with these kind of people.

• Me
    melissy Aug 09, 2013

Had a job interview with this company today...very rude management...she told me i wasnt wearing enough makeup...then subtle mentioned how its commission and if you dont meet your sales goal your fired...why dont they go legit and by a store.?...pay your employees and get a real refund policy ??

• Iw
    I was Texas Two-Stepped Aug 05, 2013

Oh, to add to my about complaint- my receipt did not have ANY pricing on it at all. It was on one of those generic receipt pads you buy at the office supply store without any corporate printing on it. The sale person sort of wrote my purchases on there in shorthand with no pricing at all. Just the total amount charged on my credit card. There was nothing on that receipt about NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS, but on the actual charge slip there was. She was just making up the pricing as she went. Again, my fault for falling for this hard sell approach but this company should be held accountable for their products and purchases.

• Iw
    I was Texas Two-Stepped Aug 05, 2013

This is so funny. My complaint sounds like every one of these ahead of me- heavily accented lady at the mall. I was just walking by, she handed me a card which I took to be polite. Before I knew it, she had half my face wiped off and was applying this foundation (which I actually liked). I will skip over all the sales pitch stuff she said since everyone else got the same thing, but basically she was very nice but PUSHY beyond words. I know I am a grown adult and could say no, but somehow I just kept nodding when she asked me things. Yes, I am special and she was giving me special pricing. I am special, right? Bottom line, she aggressively pushed her products at me, and when I finally said I didn't want to put any more on my credit card, she said if I gave her a certain amount in CASH, she would use her "employee discount". She probably stuck the cash in her pocket and had a nice lunch but thats just my opinion. I did end up liking the product and when I got home, I checked their website and I ended up getting my total purchase cheaper than the website pricing so I really can't complain about that. I kind of feel like I was a little violated by the aggressive approach, but again, I am a big girl and she certainly didn't steal the credit card out of my purse. I will just walk around that kiosk next time at First Colony Mall.

• Mn
    mneek Jul 08, 2013

Unbelievable. Same thing happened to me! I live in Australia and they use the exact same tactics. The salesperson was "exotic" with an accent, too.

She just grabbed me, stared at my face and asked what make up I was wearing. It was so abrupt and sudden, I was stumbling and felt so embarrassed. She sat me down in a chair and told me to just relax. Then she proceeded to tell me how horrible my skin was, and how the dryness made my make up look bad. She made sure to repeat this many times. I felt kinda bad.

She wiped off make up on one side of my face, putting the mineral foundation on and attempting chit-chat like "You're so beautiful! What's your name? What do you study? Where do you work?"
    She also slammed the skincare brands I use like Estee Lauder and Lancome, which are VERY good and a fraction of the cost, but I didn't want to argue.

Even worse for me, because of my dry skin (only temporary during Winter!), she put on this anti-wrinkle moisturising cream. When I asked how much, she said "$300, but I'll give it to you for half price, and because I like you so much, I'll through in the foundation for free!"
    I told her it was expensive, so she reduced it to $140. I literally begged her just to get it for $130. Had I seen all these stories first, I would've refused to pay anything over $80... well, I wouldn't have agreed to having her put make up on me at all.

She said I could return it if my skin didn't improve in 2 weeks. But I don't believe her. To top it all off, she kept telling me to bring her (specifically) dark chocolate with nuts. After spending all that money, she wants me to buy her chocolate?!

My gosh. Worst experience. Glad I'm not the only one who had to go through this. I've definitely learnt my lesson.

Janetzapata1 May 02, 2013

I see this is all over not just houston, sales lady at memorial city mall told me I was getting a great discount just for me not to say anything and before I even said I wanted to purchase something she had everything in the bag and asking me was I paying cask or with a credit card to me if this happens everywhere their train to do this .

• Yu
    Yummy cookies Feb 16, 2013

My man who sold it to us was not pushy he was nice and funny and he gave us many free stuff

Madaleine Fryda Jan 13, 2013

I checked this site because Bella Terra sent me an offer by email ( via Goupon). Seems like most of you agree the product is great, however the company engages in unscrupulous business practices. I feel compelled to mention that I am an attorney, and not only are these practices unscrupulous, they are illegal, and many of you may be able to recover your loss. Every state that I have practiced in has a law regarding the three day right of recision for all business contracts. Those of you who attempted to return the product within 72 hours may want to consider consulting an attorney about this matter, as well as registering a complaint with your state's consumer protection agency or Attorney General. Sorry to hear about a company with a good product scaring customers away with illegal business practices in order to make fast money. Bella Terra is sacrificing the permanent on the altar of the immedeate by chosing not to build a business the honest way. I hope everyone who was mistreated eventually gets legal assistance and a full refund. Good luck!

• Lo
    Lorryh1 Dec 31, 2012

A friend of mine talked me into going to the mall to check out this mineral make-up. Worst mistake I ever made...over $700 on products I was lead to believe were returnable because they are guarnateed. Nope...the way they get you is by saying they are throwing in all this "free" stuff but you've paid for it all 10 times over! On top of that, they tell you to sign the receipt on the computer and are quick to staple that disclaimer on the back of the receipt and no where does it say no refunds nor do they tell you that as they are swiping your card. When I realized I had made a mistake I called my friend and told her to read the paper they stapled on the back of the receipt.

• Su
    Sucker1w Dec 31, 2012

I was suckered by Oshuri at the First Colony Mall for 2000.00. He said no prices just flirted. I tried to return it and he gave me 1000.00 refund. He would not take back the stuff when my husband got involved. Corporate office said to email all receipts and they would send a p o for the products. I am a huge sucker.

• Al
    alxscan Oct 04, 2012

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES!!!...THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!! I am sorry...I know someone that works there and I have to agree that they may use "aggressive" sales tactics. However, if you have a backbone on you you should have been able to not buy their product!. I mean nobody makes anybody do something. Only thing that you have to do in life is to die. Other than that you should have been able to declined and not buy it. Get yourself together and next time toughen up!!. DON'T COME WITH THE BS THAT THEY MAKE YOU BUY IT...

nothing to gain Aug 20, 2012

i was approached by a pushy sales lady as well with a very thick accent and I couldnt understand a word she said. She tried her best to pressure me into making a sale but i didnt budge becuase i had no money on me. Dont normally carry my debit cards or checkbook and i had no cash. she precedes to ask me how did i buy something in victoria secret and why am i walking around with no cash on me. So not her business. When she saw i wasnt budging she quickly dismissed me - i asked her, why are you rushing me off, becuase i dont have any money. I asked her for a card, she kept complaining why would i walk around with no money in my pocket, what if something comes up. I told her dont you worry about that, i got this. when i return back to work, she used these brushes and brushed my face so hard, now i have bumps in my face. I dont wear a lot of makeup anyway... just rude. I really like the foundation and the coverage it gives but i wont buy it becuase of that reason alone... the sales woman in First Colony mall was horrible...

• He
    Heathergirl Aug 08, 2012

So reading these comments has been really interesting. I learned a lot from the kiosk lady at the Galleria and from simply googling news articles about the phenomenon. This is what I have gathered. These women (and sometimes men) come from Israel (Dead sea products anyone?). They are contracted by a person who owns a kiosk and apparently on the website there is information on how to buy a kiosk and hire an Israeli staff. In their home country they would never be able to make this kind of money, averaging about $800 dollars a day. The woman who sold to me today said she had a $5, 000 sale before me to a woman who comes from Mexico to buy the product. Anyway, These sellers work for a few months then use the money to accomplish what they couldn't in Israel such as raising funds for college or even a trip to South America, ect.
    So I just find it very interesting about all the angry comments. Yes the woman pushed me into buying her product. But we forget that as humans we have to power to say no. I know this is not the kind of service we as Americans are used to, but it would be nice if people would understand why the situation is happening. I see it as just average people working hard to get by in life. I am a bit sad for buying $95 dollars of product, but it was MY choice. And I'm not going to blame the incident on myself being a naive 18 year old. I have just learned to check prices online in any situation and researching products before just going to the mall without a plan.
    In the end I am happy with the foundation mineral, lip gloss, and 2 brushes. As discussed, it is a nice quality product, its just not the service that we as Americans are used to. Try talking to the salesperson about their life, you might be suprised. And try not to fall for the "you are so pretty" comment even though it is nice to hear.
    In short, make your own informed and understanding choice.

johan98 Aug 01, 2012

I was also approached in a mall by a girl of 20 years old from Israel. She said that I should remove the dead skin on my face and I had small brown spots on my neck. She said with Bella Terra Exfoliating Gel, I could apply the gel on my brown spots and it would go away. I tried it this morning and my face is not so bad but my neck is on fire... My neck is so red, I feel like crying. I just put some Polysporin to stop the burning and it looks awful. I have learned from this experience. If you need good products, go see an esthitician but NEVER BUY PRODUCTS FROM BELLA TERRA. JUST STAY AWAY from it. I spent $80 and I am crying today. I was just fooled. Girls even though they are insistent to make you try those products, just say that you saw a lot of bad reviews on the Internet about their products, probably she will stop talking. PLEASE DO NOT BUY, THIS IS SERIOUS!!!

• Ha
    happy whith bella terra Jul 15, 2012

Bella Terra is the best make up ever!!! the people sometimes is stupid, OK you spend 69.99 for a foundation that last more than a year... hello... and is a natural make- up...