Bella Terra Cosmeticsreturns

M Review updated:

I purchased some foundation powder a few months ago. The price I was quoted was "about $60" from the thick accented sales woman. Pretty expensive i thought. I bouht it and during the purchase i got a phone call. I gave her my card and she quickly shoved the sales receipt in the bag. I pulled out my receipt not 20 feet from the stand and saw that my total with tax was $75. The makeup was 69.99. So i quickly walk back to return it, just to expensive for my taste. I politely explain that i didn't realize it would be that much, i would like my money back. She poped her gum gave me this hellish look and gave me a business card and said "sorry, no returns" and walked away to the mall doors, leaving me at the empty stand. So i call the headquarters and after about the 7th time of being put on hold, and hung up on, i gave up. There's no sign saying "no returns" just on my crumbled receipt in tiny letters on the back.

• Updated by Dockery · Oct 20, 2019

I can provide a photo of the receipt if needed.

• Updated by Dockery · Oct 20, 2019

Receipt is attached. I can return via mail.

• Cr
    CrysO Nov 08, 2009

I agree...I was harassed by a pushy sales woman with a thick accent who practically snatched my card while I was still trying to decide. She never mentioned anything about the no return policy, needless to say. To my dismay, I came home and checked online and you can get these products on eBay for about half the price of the mall. There goes $60 down the tube... :(

• Fl
    Flygirl620se Dec 18, 2009

I had a similar experience. Extremely pushy sales staff but I love the way the products looked and felt on my skin. I spent $715.00 "discounted" from $975.00. When I went on the company website I discovered I could buy direct for less than 1/2 of what i paid!!! What a HUGE ripoff. The products are fantastic but I cannot support a company that conducts business this way! Tell all your friends, I am!

Kirsten54 Nov 04, 2019

@Flygirl620se this is a very successful scam.. I have researched them and feel like if we gather our information we can maybe get the attorney general to help - i plan to file lawsuit against the houston store. In our galleria mall in houston the same owners have two to three kiosks and two in line stores. In friendswood, sugar land and and Memorial city they have more stores. They are scamming people daily and in austin they have a store and all the same scam and person who i found through attorney general complaint in austin found out they were israeli. They operate under many names ..if you are interested in joining me in complaint and possible legal action as a group, please email me.

mall_shopper Jan 31, 2010

I find myself in the same situation as the others who have posted. I was approached in the mall by a strongly accented woman and got pushed into a salespitch. I admit, I like the way the makeup looked but felt very uncomfortable about how prices were not clearly posted. The woman did have a laminated card (not posted anywhere near the products) with prices but she was very quick to provide "special deals, " such as throwing in an extra lip balm, etc., for me because I was "such a good customer." I think I got out of there pretty cheaply with only spending about $30 but later returned to exchange the lip balm (wasn't really something I needed) for an eye color. This time, there was a strongly accented man working the kiosk (not sure why the salesclerks all happen to be accented, coincidence or is this something the company does to make the makeup seem more exotic?) and he was very good about letting me exchange the product but then starting pushing me on skincare products. I guess I'm pretty weak, but I consented to buying the exfoliating gel...until I learned it was $140.00!!! Of course, I learned this as he was ringing up my purchase...I had thought he said $40.00 (the accent made it hard for me to understand). When I balked at such a price, he tried to negotiate with me -- after him offering me several prices I told him I'd pay $40.00, since that's what I thought he said, and he said "OK, but that was a special deal for me only." I'm thinking that these mall kiosks are a scam...that the salespeople are wheeling and dealing for any price they can get. I do like the products, but these kinds of sales practices really bother me and hurt any reputation the company is trying to build.

• Ya
    Yars Aug 05, 2017

@mall_shopper I was able to have a full refund of more than a thousand dollars, I spoke to the galleria in Houston manager and she spoke to
    The manager of the cart and scared completed the refund on my card. I seriously think they put something in the makeup they use to give you the make over and you become in a way manipulated, it's far too many people that are getting ripped off. I know there is a drug that thieves use to get people to do as they want.

• Ju
    Judi B Sep 29, 2019

@Yars How did you find the Manager of the Houston Galleria kiosk? I need to contact that person. I had a reaction to the products yesterday and went back today to return. Was told they won’t return and told me the salesman probably used dirty brushes on my face. Disgusting! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Wi
    WiserWoman Feb 07, 2010

I just returned from the mall after being railroaded by apparently the same thick accented sales person as all of the above complaints. First of all I hate being grabbed by the wrist and forced into a chair as I'm minding my own business just trying to to get my mission accomplished. Honestly, I only understood about half of the conversation due to the accent and how fast she spoke.

I didn't mind her showing me the product on my hand but without even asking me (or maybe she did and I didn't understand her) she proceeded to take the makeup off of half of my face and apply the moisturizer and powders. She asked me what I thought and grilled me about what I was using and why this is so much better. The only thing I noticed was that half of my face was sparkling and the other half wasn't.

After 15 minutes and knowing my poor husband had been standing there the whole time I thanked her and said I needed to get going. She was relentless. She was just trying to "do a nice thing for me" by throwing in free eye color with the $69.00 foundation that will last me a year. I kept trying to explain that I just bought new foundation and I'm not impulsive about things like this. She then tried the "I just opened here and I'm trying to get started" approach and when that didn't work she went back to "just pick another eye color and I'll give you both for the price of one". She was not giving up so I had to walk away.

At this point no matter how amazing the product was I would never buy it and I'm glad I went with my gut instinct. Thank you for letting me vent my frustration!!!

Makeupjunkie Feb 08, 2010

I went through the same as WiserWoman, I was pulled over by one of the salespersons. I let her try it out on me, but when she told me the price I thought that was just too high! I let her apply it all to my face and I told her that I would just wait and see how the Foundation works on me throughout the day. I must say that I loved it, but the down side was $69.00 for it. I decided to go online, and come to find out you can get it on ebay for a wondeful price. I have now bought a few Bella Terra Cosmetics from ebay. If you love the product I recommend buying it on ebay.

Makeupfiend Feb 09, 2010

This happens to me all the time, as I work at the mall. They will push as much as they can, and it does get a bit harder to say no sometimes. You just need to be firm on all you can spend and then you can end up getting great deals, even less than ebay or online. I got the foundation for less than 40, and a blush for 30. If they are pushy, be pushy back. Don't let their accents get ya. They will try to make you end up spending more by bringing more products in the picture for an "unbelievable price, " but if they won't take it down as much as you want, I guarantee another salesperson there will. I personally spoke with one at one point, and I kid you not they think us Americans are very gullible. Show them you're not and they'll work with you.

• Un
    unethicalbussinesspractice Feb 14, 2010

I have reported the selling practices to the BBB and to Bella Terra, as the same has happened to me...pushy saleswoman, shoving the receipt in my bag and over charging me by $30.00. Have not been contacted by the company and I feel the unethical business practices by the company should be made public. No one should buy their products!

Jo24 Mar 28, 2010

I had the same situation with this product. I guess I was really ripped off. I was asked so many times by the saleslady with a thick accent (hmm.. same everywhere I guess), finally, I tried their foundation. It was okay but not as good as Bare Minerals which is lighter yet covers imperfections. Anyway, after trying it on, I thanked the saleslady.. and she said the price was $69. I was shock with the price knowing that they are only at a kiosk and not at Nordstrom (etc.), I would not buy this product. Then she started saying she would give the foundation brush for free - a brush without a brand name printed on it? Isn't there should be Bella Terra on it since that's what they are selling? I bought the product anyway since she already wasted her time putting make up on me. Then she said to try on the 9-stack eyeshadow - can be lip gloss, eyeliner, etc. She gave it to me for $40 at first. I said foundation was enough. Then she said to take it for $20 - and there I was, took it for $20. They gave me a receipt - a receipt without their company name printed - a receipt that you can buy from any office supplies but with a No Refund stamped on it. Now, thinking about it, this is an unknown product with high end price! I would not buy this again. I will use the remaining foundation and my untouched eyeshadows. I see the same situation with Corioliss product - hair straightener/curler that were sold at Kiosk by heavy accents salesperson.

• Sh
    Shon Slaughter Mar 29, 2010

Same thing here, it was two pushy salesmen's tho it took them 30 min's or so to convince me. I was really trying to leave but they kept cornering me until I broke. Now I feel reaped off cause they told me the cleanser, the toner and the moisturizer was all $60 a piece gave me a small discount in comparison to the real price and they also charged me a really high price foundation and blush. I found the products online for half the price. I must say its the best skin match that I ever found but how can you trust such an inconsistent company like this. I didn't even get a real receipt and it had no refund stamp on it which was shoved in my bag as well. Are these products even as natural as they say they are? They say its more natural than Bare Minerals is this true?

• Da
    daisy2977429 Apr 07, 2010

I as well was duped by the thick accented woman at the mall and no matter how I tried to tell her no she kept pushing and pushing I did however manage to get alot of product for only $325 bucks because I kept debating with her and after looking at the website I did see that I scored on all the product I recieved...but by the time I got home knowing my husband was going to kill me I decided as I was balling my eyes out and dry heaving into the toliet that I would return it the following day. And as many of you have experienced I to was never told all sales are final I got my recipt out to call this woman and on the bottom in tiny letters it said ALL SALES ARE FINAL! I cannot believe the odasity of the sales people representing this company they make you feel so good and tell you all the things you want to hear then rip you off I will never ever go to thru this company again!!!

• Di
    dissatisfied customer in TEXAS Apr 09, 2010

Add me to the sucker list, as I too have bought from them and paid the $69.95 ($75.76) amount, and now am stuck with the product. Only I can’t use it. I can only exchange it with a doctor’s note and I’m not going to put it on again just to get a note for them to exchange for $75. in brushes I don’t need either. But I will warn people about their scam, and their ridicules policy, and how they over charge you.

• Su
    SUCKEREDONE Apr 14, 2010

I have yet to find the prices for lower, but I honestly haven't looked hard. I was jipped by a guy at a kiosk. He was upfront about the no return/exchange policy, then quoted me 69.99 for the foundation then I said no I can't it is too expesive. He docked it to 39.99 and then the brush he did for 14.99 [which I only bought because I had been looking elsewhere and only shedding more expensive brushes] I looked at their website and it was more expensive it was 69.99! Ridiculous pricing, decent product, horrible service. I will admit I still felt I got suckered because I read a woman got her foundation at 29.99 and a brush at 9.99!! UGH!! Next time they play by my rules or I will not purchase anything at all.

• Co
    coffeebean17339 May 02, 2010

Oh my gosh! We all have the same complaints. These salespeople work you over, keep trying to make some deal, won't let you go and finally end up selling you the product. While I do basically like the foundation, eye shadow and brush it is was too expensive for me and I felt very bad for having given in to the accented saleslady. She says the foundation should last me 2 years. Did anyone else hear that? She used such a tiny bit on me but I find myself having to use more so it no way will last close to that.

• Cm
    cmcgalrd May 19, 2010

Has anyone been successful with getting a refund? I was overcharged for my products and cannot get a call back.

Kirsten54 Nov 04, 2019

@cmcgalrd I was scammed by these folks as well.. They own several kiosks in the mall under many names (d'or 24k, JD cosmetics, JD2 cosmetics, lepelle, beauty and beyond), I am thinking of taking them to court and feel like if we involve the mall who clearly know what these folks are doing so they are part of the scam at this point. They allow this tenant several kiosks and in line stores all using a variety of names to scam customers. If you are interested in joining me in lawsuit, please email me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Sl
    slimthangoo May 20, 2010

OMG...this is too funny I was also forced to buy the product which was way too expensive...I first purchased the milk face wash and the powder, but ended up returning the facewash and received the eyeshadow collection instead...I had to call the corporate office and the told me to go back wit my receipt but I would not get my money back...I did and I got something else...the lady who sold me was very pushy, but sweet...she told me that my powder is goin to last about a year and it did I purchased last year around Mid August and I am jus on my last...I do think the prices are way too high, but the product is great I luv it...

• Tr
    traceyp1 Jul 09, 2010

Same I had a very charming Man, I didnt spend as much as some of you above, I told him I didnt have my card on me and he got a bit snippy, any way the sales people dont need to do the hard sell, the product is relly nice, i will buy more but I will do it on Line, If they sold it a bit cheaper in the mall without the pressure selling, they would move so much more product, My daughter now wants some, We have to avoid the spot were they have set there stall up now .

• Gf
    Gfer95 Jul 10, 2010

I went on their website. It turns out that if you try to open your own business they will help you hire people from Isreal to man your sales force. So that is where your accented individuals come from.

Maryland Girl Jul 25, 2010

Same here, I bought foundation, blush and eyeshadow..because I am such a special customer she wispered very low and said for 10 more dollars I will throw in eyeshadow but the brushes were extra. Then pushed me into exfolliating gel, moisterizer and toner. She threw in lip balm and base for eyeshadow. She had a thick accent and was very nice, but very good at selling. I wish I would have walked away, but I cant blame her for doing her job. She was pushy but I like the product. I am going to give it a chance she didnt hold a gun to my head. I just got the stuff 2 days ago. I came to the internet because I forgot the instructions for the exfoliator.
    As a final thought all the employees must be trained the exact same way since all the complaints are the same, We all cant be going to the same mall...

Maryland girl at Delaware Mall

• Yo
    Yoyoma Jul 29, 2010

Just got suckered into it today. I had the intention of geting a free mini-makeover and did not want to be presseured into buying stuff but oh-well, I guess at 16 I haven't experienced the real pushy attitude of a salesperson. Thankfully my reciept doesn't say no refunds. I got the foundation for 35 after she made me swear i wouldnt tell anyone, and again she has a thick accent. On the plus side she lied to me, just like the other two men who tried to get me to sit with them at different times. They lied about their nationality to try and make a sale. I was disgused by that and feel cheated because of the liars. Anyways, when i returned home my parents insisted that my skin was so much better than the makeup, and honestly when the salesperson was "interrogating me" she was shocked that I wasn't wearing any makeup, but proceeded to insist that I would "get married with this makeup". What nonsense is this to be saying to a 16 year old? She really ticked me off and I'm hoping to return the makeup, because as my parents said I have fresh skin and proceeded to taunt me for being a sucker. Please, don't make the same mistake. DON'T BUY IT FROM THE MALL!
    -----Memorial Mall, Houston TX

angel<3 Aug 01, 2010

I have to LOL on this. I, too, am a sucker. Unfortunately, I actually had a friend who already had purchased a product (and a friend of hers too) who later told me her friend paid about the same or less and got more products than I did. I wish she said that out loud with the "accented lady" around. Well, I paid a bit more than some posts but hopefully the product will work out. How sad that I decided to 'google' this company and this is the first link it leads me. I hope it turns out good for me, lasts about 2 months or so, then it'll just be like I spent at lancome or estee lauder... ah... it happens to the best of us... haha

The Galleria, Houston.

maedae523 Sep 02, 2010

I didn't buy the product, but the salesman was extremely pushy! He said the same thing to me, Yoyoma, about being amazed that I wasn't wearing make-up. The product seemed nice, but $140 for an exfoliator? He did say he'd give it to me 50% off, but that's still way too much. He also told me it would last a year, but I highly doubted that. As soon as he finished putting the stuff on my arm, he went straight to the register even though I never said that I wanted to purchase any of the items. And the funny thing is that while I was in the chair, a lady came up wanting to return her product and he told her to hold on, and while he was at the register trying to convince me to but the product, I glanced at the lady for some reason and she mouthed to me "Don't buy it." Haha. He also had an accent, so I find it funny that everyone else was saying that too.

The Galleria, Houston, TX.

• Ra
    RAINIA1234 Sep 07, 2010

DO NOT WHAT EVER YOU DO BUY BELLA TERRA THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME THE ONLY DIFFERENCEIS RIGHT NOW I AM ON THE PHONE WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE TO GET THE AGENT OF SERVICE NAME SO I CAN FILE THIS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. I HAVE ALREADY WENT TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE KIOSK SO THAT THE JUDGE CAN SEE THAT THERE ARENT ANY SIGNS I WILL NOT BE PUSHED AROUND SOMEONE SOMEWHERE HAS TO TAKE A STAND. I BOUGHT 26 DOLLARS WORTH OF PRODUCTS AND THEN WHEN I LOOKED IN MY BAG IT SAID 226. I WENT BACK ABOUT 3 HOURS LATER AND SAID HEY YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND I WAS TOLD ALL SALES ARE FINAL! I WAS OUTRAGED. NOW THAT I KNOW THE AGENT OF SERVICE MY NEXT STEP IS TO WRITE A LETTER TO HIM TELLING HIM I AM GOING TO FILE SEND IT CERTIFIED ONCE I GET THE RECIEPT I WILL FILE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PUSHY SALES PEOPLE THIS PATTERN HAS TO STOP!

Kirsten54 Feb 01, 2020

@RAINIA1234 please give me a call - I have done the complaint and had investigations to get true name of company for the lawsuit.

• My
    myranduhh23 Sep 11, 2010

I too have been suckered in. He said the brush set was i got the brust set, bronzer, base powder, primer, 2 other brushes and the eyeshadow for $210! although it sounds like i got the better end of the deal i did not appreciate them grabbing me and making me sit in the chair. I bought the damn eyeshadow and then was forced to buy more. The company can not say that we had an option whether to buy it or not. Honestly, I prefer urban decay, two-face, mac over this. I havent tried it but still. THE WORST customer service and I do want my money back. I havent opened this yet. But the way the grab you when your alone. I was on the phone when I was absolutely was rudely interuppted.

---North East Mall

• Ad
    Adrianaw Sep 13, 2010

Oh my goodness I felt for it too!! In my case after I heard his very hard to understand pitch sales I said "no, thanks it is too much for me" the manager DAVID got upset and told me that I wasted his time and I should pay the $35 for the "makeover". I wasn't offer a makeover and I didn't get a makeover but he insisted that I either pay his fee or pay for the makeup. I agreed to pay for the makeup as I am pregnant and I was starting to feel bad with contractions because I was intimidated by him.
    He charged me more than he said. SCAM!! people we need to get together and do something about it.

Christiana Mall, Delaware Sep 16, 2010

I agree I was to talk to by a fast talking thick accent woman who told me the same thing, buy this product and I will give you this one free but don't telll no body about it .What I was talk into was over 1400.00.So I call the BBB and my card holder and told them what had happen so there are going to send me form to help me get my money back.I have never been ripped off before but this so call company call BELLA TERRA COSMETICS IS THE BIGGEST RIPPOFF COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD OF .SO everybody out there who has been through this we all learned a lesson do not buy anything from a saleperson with a thick accent and very pushy and shoving the receipt in your bag so you do not know how much you spent until you get home.I call the 1-800 number they put me on hold and then they kept hanging up on me.SO that when I report them . The Christiana Mall, Delaware

• Oh my goodness! I'm such a dimwit! And I thought I was the only one who experienced such a pushy salesperson. Mine occurred last weekend at the Baybrook Mall in Friendswood, TX with this same company. My husband didn't believe me when I told him of this awful experience and my friend, I'll call her Lori, who was with me vouched for me. After suckering me into buying a few products, the saleslady started working on Lori. Lori was adamant that she was not going to buy anything because it was too expensive. But, she wouldn't mind trying the makeup. SO, the saleslady proceeded to make up half of Lori's face. When everything was done, makeup, sales pitch and all, Lori nicely but firmly reminded her that she was absolutely not going to buy anything at this time. But, she loved the makeup and can the saleslady just brush up the rest of her face so she doesn't walk around the mall looking like an idiot? You can already guess what happened here: the saleslady wiped off the makeup she just put on! We were in shock at the moment and didn't know what to say! ANYway, the salespeople in the stores surrounding that kiosk have heard our story before and there are many complaints about them. I wonder why they're allowed there if they harrass/rip-off shoppers? Is it because they're able to pay rent and that's all that matters?

• Cu
    cutie1 Oct 17, 2010

Same story here. So frustrated for being so gullible.
    -Memorial City Mall, Houston TX

Mashz Oct 28, 2010

I spent 103 for a 9 stack of eye shadows, large foundation, a kabuki and eye shadow brush. I am still not sure if it was worth it considering I just bought the products. I agree, the saleswoman was very pushy and in my face. I couldn't help but laugh reading all the comments because they are SO true! Do these people go to a seminar on how to sell make up? Haha the woman said the same thing to me as what someone else posted, " don't tell anyone, I will give a special price just for you, this is a secret." I have to admit these people have to be doing something right because they got me to buy their product when I was not at all wanting to. What is strange is that the lady was like what if I charged you 500 dollars by accident, I laughed and said my card would probably decline! I guess these people are trained to try and rip their customers off, so nuts! I hope I enjoy my products...good luck to RAINIA 1234! I hope you can get your money returned.

• As
    Asian Girl 2 Nov 14, 2010

I think I have the same problem like your guy. Today, I went to Mall of Georgia then a guy stop me and told me to try BTC products, after that he asked me to buy this, buy that...ect...I bought some. When I got home I check on the web site I found out he charge me all most double price for the Make up Primer, it costs in B.T.C web site only 89.99 but he charge me $160, I can't believe why he can do the business like that. I hope the owner of the BTC need to fix this problem, if he or she doesn't fix their people who sale the BTC at the Mall, I think 1 day their business are going bankrutpcy because nobody want to buy BTC any more. One more thing I just want to say about the Israel people; I never talk or see the Israel people in person, only I saw them, their country annd the war between them and Palestin on TV. I liked them, I felt sorry for them and their country and I hate Palestin but after I did do a business with them I think I was wrong ./

• Le
    Legume Mommy Nov 16, 2010

I think I might be one of the lucky ones on here, I was at Christiana Mall earlier today with my daughter. As I was walking with her to the food court I passed one of the BT kiosks. I had no idea what exactly had happened because it literally was a blur. Someone had grabbed the stroller and stuck a card in my hand in the same motion. I was still in the process of the "oh, thank you" regarding comments about the baby and moving on. Unfortunately, I was whisked over to a stool, showed some products and within a minute had several eye colors on my hand. Then the colors were being mixed with water, Vaseline and clear nail polish. Now, I am not by any means an aficionado when it comes to beauty. I will buy and use what I like, as long as something works, I generally don't cringe at the price. Since I was so special, the sales person was going to let me have an eye shadow stack, plus 2 free jars for $80. I did like the colors, liked how it could be used and after doing math was ok with the per jar price. It was in line with what I've paid for other eye products. At this point, I was being rung up and somehow lost the little control I had in the situation. When you have my credit card and are bouncing back and forth between products, the register, my baby and me, it is hard to know what is going on. Three times I found myself following the stroller as the sales person wheeled back over to the stool. I flat out said no to additional eye shadows and stated that I was not going to spend $120 that day, $80 was more than enough damage. An hour later I was being hugged and fighting to walk away and at that point realized that I now had two sales slips and was in the hole for $150. In addition to the eye shadow, I now had foundation and brushes. I was so disgusted that I went to the mall office because it wasn't until I looked at the receipts that I saw their "no refunds, exchange only" stamp. Fortunately, the mall office called the manager while I was filling out a complaint form, I was told that I could come back and it would be taken care of. At that point though I needed to leave in order to be home in time for my son who unfortunately did get home a few minutes before me. Throughout the afternoon I considered just sucking it up and using the product. The problem with that approach was that the foundation is horrible. As I was wiping my face at lunch, foundation was coming off onto the napkin, the eye shadow that had been used as a liner on my upper eyelid had transferred to the upper part of my lid and the overall feel and look was like I had a layer of paste on. Even my cell phone has been covered with a film all day and these were things that I was assured would never happen. Now, I totally chickened out this evening but I was able to return all of the products by sending my husband to do my dirty work. Of course when he caught up with us in the mall, he said that the sales rep wanted to talk with me and wanted to know what it was that she had done wrong. I refused to go over and talk with her and actually wanted to avoid going by the kiosk. Being that it was 9 o'clock at night and that was the shortest way out, I attempted to go by with my head down but amazingly enough, her coworker tried to get us to stop to do her sales pitch. Everything was returned and I will double check with the bank to make sure that there are no problems.

I think the biggest issue for me today was when I tried to get away that my personal space was seriously invaded, including that of my daughter. I am not a person who looks forward to confrontation so this experience is the type that can and will make me sick to my stomach. Ironically, I used to sell Mary Kay and was familiar with many of the tactics she used, not because they were ones I had used but because they were ones that I absolutely refused to use. The foundation that I still wear from Mary Kay is a mineral foundation and does not wipe off and I do not feel it on my face at all. I could not tell an immediate difference between the two products, 10 minutes later I wanted to wash my face! I am actually a little scared to try and wash my face before bed as it took some heavy scrubbing to get all of the eye shadow off of my hands and out of the pores. Like I mentioned, if I felt the product was a quality product, I would have just chalked the situation up to experience but I was not happy and for $150 I need to be elated!

• Lo
    lolligirl Nov 16, 2010

Wow, I barley made it out of this without spending a fortune. The sales lady that I worked with (she told me she was the manager) even showed me the receipts from other customers who spent several hundred dollars. One receipt she showed me was for over $800. I was also at Baybrook Mall in Friendswood, TX. After she made up my face and offered me a deal of $119 for the foundation, powder, and blush I told her I didn't have that much cash on me and had no credit cards - that was only way I could get away from her! I came to look online because I did like the product, but like so many others thought it was too expensive. I wanted to get some reviews from others and see if there were better prices.

jasbs Dec 14, 2010

Stonebriar Mall, Frisco TX - same old story, they grabbed my 19 year old daughter by the arm and wouldn't let her leave! A quick bait-and-switch later and she was on the hook for $140. I'm not going into the whole story, since it looks like everyone here already knows it. They wouldn't give us a refund, even though it didn't say that anywhere at the kiosk - just stamped on the receipt, and the girl repeatedly refused to to me a number for her supervisor or even for the mall office. My daughter may have to learn an expensive lesson, but we are going to challenge the payment.

Sad Buyer Dec 17, 2010

Yes, suckered again. How horrible it is that you feel so bad after purchasing these cosmetics. Well, no heavy accent from my sales person, but very, very pushy! I felt swindled. I ended up paying over $400 for foundation, bronzer, an a silicone primer and three brushes to apply them with. I explained that I didn't want to regret the purchase but the sales person was relentless. I woke up at 2 am the next morning regretting the purchase and promising myself to return everything in the morning only to read the "all sales final" reciept. Ugh! I just feel horrible about this. Very regrettable. I will NEVER purchse from this company again. An absolutely awful way to conduct business. Harrassed to Purchase at Perimeter Mall Kiosk in Atlanta, GA.

jasbs Dec 18, 2010

A happy ending is possible - complain loud enough to the right people and you can get a refund. I sent an e-mail with the same complaint I posted here and they made Bella Terra give my daughter a refund.

• Tr
    Tracey Potter Apr 03, 2017

@jasbs What is the email address? I have been reading these complaints and this has happened to me. I need to return and get my money back.

jasbs Dec 18, 2010

oops - I edited out the important part - I sent it to the mall management.

• To
    torybell06 Dec 21, 2010

I too had this happen to me yesterday, at Parks Mall, my sister and I where walking through the mall and this lady grabs my sister's arm and threw her in her little chair and kept saying, "oh your skin is so beautiful". Every other word coming out of her mouth was mommie, so unprofessional. Trying not to be rude, we were telling the lady we were in a hurry (4 days before X-mas) and we had to small children with us that was the last thing we wanted to do. By that time she already was wiping the make up off 1/2 of my sister's face. She was wiping so hard my sister's head was just going back and forth and the worst part she did move her hair out of her face first so all the hair in the front had lotion and foundation in it, so it was all sticky. After my sister told her that she was not buying it she continued to put the products in a bag still trying to sell. We told her we only wear MAC and she said well that is why your face is breaking out and your face is orange, and it really does not look good on you. WELL THANKS FOR INSULTING ME, after i would not buy your products. She then said she would give me 50% off and it was only $35, she placed the bag in my sister's hands, and she kept telling her she wasnt going to buy and then the rude lady snatched it out of her hand. I asked if she can finish the other side of her face so she wouldnt have to walk around the mall looking crazy. She said no i want her to walk around looking like that had walked away. UNBELIEVEABLE!! I have to admit the make up was great but because of that i would NEVER buy it, this would have never happen at MAC and that is why we shop there!!!

• Jk
    JKey Dec 24, 2010

I was walking through the mall, admittedly a little buzzed. I started talking to a really pretty salesgirl and next thing I know she was swiping my credit card for $250 bucks.

I figured "oh well I'll just return it tomorrow."

No Refunds. Jeez. Some Israeli girl was working the next day. So rude. As someone familiar with immigration processes, I can assure you that NONE of them have work permits, all working on tourist visas UNDER THE TABLE. The INS should deport these kids for violating their visas... I don't mind them working and being here, but I do mind them hustling money with this high sales pressure, then no refunds bit they do.

• Jk
    JKey Dec 24, 2010

Oh, for the record, this happened at the Parks Mall in Arlington, TX. Just like the lady above me. Be careful when you see these people.

I'm going to complain to the management.

• Ta
    Tami from Maypearl Jan 31, 2011

Warning to all women and teenage girls - Just over a week ago, my 16 year old daughter learned a hard lesson from a fast talking 17 yr old sales girl from NJ who approached and railroaded her into purchasing foundation and concealer for $75 at the Parks Mall/Arlington, TX. When I hooked up with my daughter and her friend - she told me the store. I went to the kiosk and looked around asked for prices and was quoted $39/foundation and $19/concealer. I then pulled out the make up and receipt and asked why then she charged my daughter $75 for these items. She stated that she offered her a free brush with the foundation at $50. I estimate that I tied her and her partner's time up for about 20 minutes all the while insisting on a refund, stating how unethical it was to con people and prey on inexperienced young shoppers, and I wanted to talk to a manager. She spoke with someone on the phone and tried once more to get me to accept the no refund / no return policy on the receipt. In the end, I did not get the refund I wanted, however, I did get $10 back and an eyeshadow set.

• Ou
    outsmarted Feb 22, 2011

Yep got pushed around tonight by an accented lady. Thankfully for 37 compared to some above but I was so tired and with my young kids trying to get away from her when I finally gave a demanding no she came back with a cheaper product to be pushy once again. Finally I gave in to the cheaper product just to get away from her! Unbelievable!