Beachbodythey're fraudulent and dishonest with returned products

I ordered the workout dvd's and felt that the initial claims of the body slimming dvd were false advertising. I returned the product for a full refund through the usps with delivery confirmation. It's been 1month since i've returned the dvd's and I have yet to see a credit on my amex. I called and spoke to someone from india that basically read a script and I asked why I kept receiving additional charges when I have confirmation that the package was successfully returned. They claimed that the package was never received which is just so convenient. Beach body is a scam and I wish I had read these complaints sooner. I am reporting this company to the bbb!!

• Th
    Theresa A Parrish Aug 21, 2007

I ordered the hip hop abs tapes, as the operator was asking if I wanted order magazines I was saying no. She then led me to believe that magazines were free for certain length of time not only was I charged for the cd's that I ordered but also for the magazines. I have not received anything so that I can stop the charges for future deductions on my debit card.

james wessley Sep 21, 2007

Why is Beachbody charging sales tax in Canada....they refused to give me their licese number for GST which they said was $5.10......how do we know if the money is going for tax or????

• Be
    Beachbody Customer Service Dec 12, 2007

Beachbody Customer Service can be reached at [protected] or online at Beachbody.com. Everyone who orders from Beachbody is treated as a valuable member of our community. We aren't perfect, but we are always eager to fix regrettable errors, and to help get people back onto their goal of achieving a healthy, active lifestyle.

• Am
    amy Sep 15, 2008

This company needs to really "shape up" as I am not satisfied with their service whatsoever. My situation was pretty much exactly the same as Pierre's. I purchased the product off of an infomercial (which I never do but it looked legit) only to receive the product with 2 DVDs, a couple bands and pamphlet (almost $200 for this????? Are they crazy) So I returned through registered mail from canada (let me remind you that I did in fact call Beachbody before doing so and was advised by Austin of the exact address to send it to and to reconfirm the return policy) with a tracking number and guarantee that it would get there in 3 to 5 business days.

1 month went by and still no refund on my card, only to find that they had charged my card again only using a different company name. Lucky for me, I kept all documentation and was even able to track it online that it did indeed arrive at the destination 2 days later. I called back and spoke with Christine and when I explained my frustration as she kept advising me that I had an incorrect tracking number (it was the right one for Canada post and the only one on the form...duh!!!). I demanded to speak with a manager but coincidentally there were none available and I proceeded to get disconnected. I called back and got disconnected again. I tried to contact them by email only to get generic responses.

My final conclusion, if they are not willing to give me my refund and I have ALL documentation, including emails and names, I will refuse ALL charges with the credit card company AND I was quick to change my credit card so no FURTHER charges would be applied to my card.

This company is fraudulant...PERIOD. Please don't be a victim, I warn you now.

• Za
    Zaklin Apr 21, 2011

I love beachbody dvds but I buy from ebay, much cheaper and I pay extra for tracking/insurance (so less expensive) you have to research the product before ordering - watch videos on youtube to see if it's something you'd enjoy or see yourself doing. I joined a few groups in their forum and have a great support system - not bad ennvironment for a MLM company.

• Be
    Beachbody Apr 24, 2011

My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service. After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems. I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances and placing orders. However please we are aware of the many pirated copies being sold on markets like ebay, that is why we always advise our customers to order directly from us here at Beachbody at www.beachbody.com Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at [protected]@beachbody.com. Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products. I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.

• Re
    RebekahB Mar 28, 2012

Beachbody products work AMAZING. You do have to actually put them in the DVD player and workout though. That may not have been explained in the infomercial. I have dealt with customer service at Beachbody before (including returns and exchanges) and I have had nothing but awesome service.

• Bd
    bdarby Apr 03, 2014

Beachbody has the WORST customer service ever! They shipped me the wrong flavor or Shakeology, not really a big deal, things happen. But, when I called to ask for a shipping label to be sent to me to return my UNOPENED bag of Shakeo for the flavor I ordered, it was a nightmare. I was not only transferred and hung-up on for 3 hours- Jose was the only customer service rep that actually helped me and I was literally on the verge of tears at that point. Everyone acted like I was asking for something completely unspeakable. HOW DARE YOU NOT WANT TO PAY FOR SHIPPING FOR AN ERROR ON OUR PART? I spend over $100/month on Shakeo having it auto-delivered, plus I pay the quarterly coach fee, buy the workout DVDs, and promote their products to my friends and co-workers. Seriously, is it that big of a deal to send me a freaking shipping label? I live two hours away, its not like it costs that much and I'm sure they get a corporate discount! So after going through customer service hell, telling my story to 4 different people who barely speak English (apparently the Columbus, OH-based company is so cheap it has to outsource its customer service department), getting my coach involved, I was emailed a shipping label. It's been two months and I still have NOT received the product I EXCHANGED it for. Basically, Beachbody put me through hell and then stole my money. The products are great, the company is dishonest ###. I am discontinuing my orders and quitting as a coach, I'm so disappointed.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices