Having problems with BeachBody?

+1 800 470 7870 (USA and Canada, Customer Service)
+1 800 240 0913 (USA and Canada, Coach Support)
+1 888 247 1940 (USA and Canada, BB Live!)
+44 800 953 6100 (United Kingdom, Customer Service)
+44 333 202 3401 (United Kingdom, BB Live!)
3301 Exposition Blvd, 3rd
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun7:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

buyer beware

During their advertisements, they make no mention of their non-existent return policy or their continual raping of your account even after you cancel with them!

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with my bank getting my money back and now I'm going to the Attorney General and the BBB to make my complaints there. Dealing with these ###s at their call center that barely speak English and then hang up on you when you ask for a supervisor, refund or cancellation is more than infuriating! It is time this company is exposed for their tactics.

Regardless of what they claim they will do, if you try and buy, then cancel the next day, they will still continue shipping, billing and repeated billing.

Buyer BEWARE - Make sure you want this product and a very long commitment on your part. They make it impossible to cancel, return or keep them out of your account!

• Pr
    PR990033 May 15, 2009

I was just completely ripped off. I didn't even submit my order and they placed it. I went through the first 2 pages and changed my mind. I closed the window thinking I was okay, but nope... They charged my account 69.69. I called as soon as I saw ( 2 hours later) and they tried to tell me that there was no way to cancel the order. I finally got them to give me a cancelation confirmation, and they shipped the stupid DVD's anyway. I have been told I can just send them back and get a refund, minus the 20.00 in shipping and 15 to ship it back. GARBAGE

they're fraudulent and dishonest with returned products

I ordered the workout dvd's and felt that the initial claims of the body slimming dvd were false advertising...

charged me without my permission

Was placing order online and was perusing all the various upselling tactics during the checkout process, got frustrated and thought i'd go back later... They went ahead and charged me anyway. I called customer service and got a person who said he would cancel my order, didnt give me a cancellation number yet assured me it would not show up on my beack statement.. Well, guess what it did. I am sooooo angry and disillusioned with this company.

I went to the better business bureau site and there are many reports on this company for billing issues like this. I feel it is fraud.

terrible customer service

I first ordered from beachbody in early '05, and had a great experience. When I logged on or called with a question, they were incredibly helpful. For the next couple of years I ordered quite a bit from them. Then I tried to return a product, and it was impossible! So I stopped ordering. Recently I ordered again, and received products I did not order. Again, trying to get anyone at customer service to listen was nearly impossible. I have decided to buy beachbody products either on ebay, or to wait until they show up at target. It's a shame that such high-quality merchandise is handled so incompetently.

• St
    Stacey Breeden Aug 03, 2008

I ordered beachbody products on 8/2 and tried to cancel on 8/3. The order was processed but not shipped, however, they refused to cancel the order. They said that they had to ship the items so that they can charge me for shipping, but I could always return the items. Imagine, they wanted to make $13.00 to ship the items before they would cancel!!! I will NEVER purchase from them again and cancelled my credit card so that they cannot rebill me. They give Sales a bad name!! SCAMMERS!

• Do
    Dorothy Apr 11, 2009

They have scammed me too! I have tried to stop them from charging my credit account and sever all business for over two months. They have
    billed me over and over for stuff I do not want nor have I used.
    DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALINGS WITH THE COMPANY BEACH BODY!!!
    BE WARNED!!!

• Pa
    Paul Hurley Jun 22, 2009

I agree... I was over charged several times by beachbody for things I never ordered, and I was on the phone with them for 15 hour!!! I will never order from them again, which is a shame. I love p90x, but I refuse to buy from them.

• Po
    PO'd In SoSo Sep 18, 2009

Absolutely the worst C/s experience imaginable, and this comes AFTER they have supposedly fixed their customer service attitude (should a company ever have to take a serious look into how they treat their customers? This isn't Henry Ford and the mass-marketing of the Model A for godsakes).

I ordered Insanity on July 20th. NEVER arrived. They claim to have re-shipped on August 16th. Again, NEVER ARRIVED. They now claim to have reimbursed my credit card, but nothing has been done yet...I will give them a few days on this, though.

In the midst of all this, I was treated to the most inept circus wheel of dunces imaginable. Every c/s complaint reply ended up with a diffrent rep and NONE of them seemed to read the thread of back-and-forth responses. I had to start over again every time I got in touch with someone, when all they had to do was simply read the thread!! I was aghast!

Never, ever, in a million years, would I go near Beachbody's order site again. I found a better alternative with lower shipping rates and genuine appreciation for overseas service, which is always a nice touch.

Absolutely brutal is all I can say about my Beachbody experience. I now own P90X and (maybe) Insanity, and I'm done. I've had enough of those bozos. And don't even get me started on how badly they've screwed up their own community forums and coaches in the process...and then do not even respond to months' worth of an outpouring of complaint.

• Co
    cori12 Aug 13, 2010

I'm ordering Turbo Fire on Amazon instead. Hoping that somehow this will save me from this mess. And, I told Beach Body why I wasn't ordering from them. Note their response to me included a status update of "SOLVED". Hahaha!

___________________________

I appreciate the quick response but not one single piece of what you said changes my mind (and I think you knew it wouldn't). Especially disappointed that you show no interest in probing me for information about the negative reviews.

So, because I truly think you guys have such a great product here are the places where I found the information that means I will not order from you. Please take this as an honest attempt on my part to help you change this aspect of your company.

Here is a link that appears right on your BBB Page where there are 649 complaint statistics noted right under your "A" rating. Any person in their right mind would click the link and seriously wonder how you qualify for that grade.

http://beachbody.pissedconsumer.com/ : I read tons of these - there are TOO MANY to ignore

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Beach_Body_Product_Partners_LLC : more issues with shipping and more people saying they won't buy from you...

Now I know you may not be the one to personally exact change in this department but please take it up the chain and see what can be done. I know you'll be putting out more DVDs that I will want to buy so I'd like this fixed by then.

Thanks,
    Cori

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Team Beachbody Customer Sevice <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject
    other

Discussion Thread
    Response (Katherine) 08/13/2010 11:56 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for contacting Team Beachbody!

We sincerely appreciate your interest in our products. Beachbody takes pride in our excellent customer service, and our "A" rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Beachbody in no way every commits fraud or misleading tactics with our customers.

Customers are given the opportunity to try our Club memberships and Activit vitamins as trials when a program is purchased. When a trial is accepted, the terms of the trial are explained so that the customer understands that once the trial is over, you are auto enrolled in the program. However, if you wish to not continue with the auto enrollment, canceling is a easy as sending [email protected] an email. We try to make it as straight forward and user friendly as possible for our customers to order.

Beachbody has a very quick turn around on processing and shipping orders. This does leave a small window for modifications or cancellations to be made on an order. However, we always work with the customer to make sure that we can accommodate their requests in anyway possible.

We truly appreciate your interest in our programs, and we hope that you will reconsider purchasing out products. Please do keep in mind that if you are purchasing Beachbody products from any other vendor then Beachbody, we are unable to guarantee the authenticity of that product.

We have worked very hard to get our "A" rating from the BBB, and will continue to strive to address and resolve each customer inquiry in a positive and timely manner.

Please let us know if there is anything further that we may assist you with.

If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at (800) 470-7870. We are available Monday- Friday 6am- 6pm PST or at [email protected]

We wish you success in achieving your fitness goals.

Sincerely,
    Team Beachbody
    Auto-Response 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 24 hours.
    Customer ( cori... 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    I just want to tell you good news and bad news. 1.) I think your marketing team does a great job. I think your trainers are really amazing: Chalene and Tony, esp. Great DVD products and kits 2.) I can't under any circumstances buy your products. I absolutely refuse to give you my credit card information. So this means I either have to wait to find this product somewhere else (AMAZON), use complicated methods to order like pre-paid CC or money orders which cost me more, or resort to borrowing someone else's copy when they are "done" with it. Either way you cut it, if you guys can't change your shipping/sales/autorefill/return policies to reflect that you are not the WORST most SCAM ridden company then you are hurting those of us in poor health as much as you help. Be more responsible with your customer's money and you will see increases in sales I PROMISE. There is SO MUCH stuff out there that is a red-flag about working with you guys! Feel free to contact me about all the research I did to come to these conclusions. I want your product so badly but I am scared that you are going to rip me off. Here is what I heard: - Can't easily order over phone because it is hard to understand foreign accents - Upsold so hard it was unpleasant - "Missed" the part where upsold so unknowingly got charged extra - Agreed to free products but not told about auto-enroll - Online Forms auto-enroll you AFTER payment info entered and then order completes even if you try to un-enroll after you see price increases - Same day, same HOUR orders can't be canceled! - If you choose not to spend the extra money on tracking and insurance - BeachBody will pretend they never received the package I believe there are people out there who do not follow directions. I believe some people have also experienced fraudulent practices on your part. Please continue to put out awesome workouts but make sure those of us who won't risk our money are able to easily get our hands on them.

Question Reference #100813-001592
    Date Created: 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    Last Updated: 08/13/2010 11:56 AM
    Status: Solved

Beachbody Aug 18, 2010

My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service. After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems. I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances! Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at [email protected] Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products. I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.

scam

I tried ordering the vitamins from Beach body after I got the Power 90 system. I liked the exercise video. It really works.

But my experience with the order line was a total horror! I don't know who is running the shop over there but it really is a scam.

I'm surprised these guys don't get reported to the better business bureau and to the state's attorney general's office.

The customer service person mixed up my order and gave me the run around. I even got hung up on when I asked to speak to a manager.

I would not even bother with this company. Buy the video off of Ebay or a friend but do not deal with this company. Once they have your card number, they will keep recharging you for no products. Use a prepaid debit card if you must. These guys are crooks with no customer service skills at all.

Joey Robinson Aug 25, 2008

First I will say that the DVDs are excellent and I have no complaint with that, but the auto-subscription service is not explained well and to me is a big rip off.

I purchased the P90x program last year, love it and had no problem. I then purchased the 10 minute workout. Received the DVDs with a separate package of vitamins, which were a trial bottle of the vitamins. Then the following month I receive another bottle of vitamins and a charge for $33.75. I called beachbody.com and after being hung up on, after trying to use the website and after being told twice that their systems were down that I would need to call back in 30 minutes. Finally I got a person on the line and the sytems were up, the person explained that I was set up for subscription service and that I could cancel it. She cancelled the subscription. Then the next month I received another charge($24.95) without receiving anymore vitamins. I called beachbody.com back and was told that that was the second installment for the vitamins that I had received. Now I wondering how many installments will there be. $58.70 or more for a bottle of vitamins???? Very disapointed with beachbody.com.

stay away

I had the same thing happen. I called twice to cancel the auto shipment and the shipments did cancel but the auto charges did not. My fun start now. Avoid this company!!! I called up and of course they tried the hard sell for me to keep the stuff. It is an expensive set of vitamins.

I have $24.95 showing up for 3 straight months but have not received any shipments for them. I am curious why the credit card too won't freeze the payment (per the other posting). Will welcome any other suggestions. I am pissed!

• Do
    Doobie Jun 03, 2008

have you thought of the personnal business op. they offer for a minimal investment? thats probably where they hard saled you... have you been to the website? teambody.com?, milliondollarbody.com? its a weird but functional business scheme... i dont wanna call it that but it seems that way but seems to work at the same time... if you want the charges off your card, call you card company, GET someone that speaks english so you can have a real converstion with your card company and tell them your problem, and insist on putting a hold on your account... and/or that specific companies charges... if your card company gives you ANY buff, like they cant do those two things thats BS and you can diffenatly at the least put a hold on the account... i some how always get my 40 dollar late charges revoked some how some way i talk them into it... dont take any bs and keep a civil tone when dealing with any company over the phone and when they piss you off and you wanna yell at them instead of freakin out keep it civil and just sigh and let them hear your frustration all the while telling them your problem and the way it should be righted and why its not right the way it is... in short stop using your card if you can and put a hold on it for maybe 2 or 3 months... that away all incoming charges are stopped and when there stopped they will stop all together hopefully... you have every right to be pissed when your charged for a product or something that you paid for but NEVER recieved... thats just not right and thats not how a legitamit bussiness is run correctly...
    hope this helps maybe juss a lil
    Good Luck

sneaky thieves

Apparently this company keeps enrolling me in some club membership that I have called multiple times to cancel. Every time I think that the problem has been fixed I have another charge of almost $40 show up on my credit card. The last time I called they told me that there was nothing that they could do because they were having "technical difficulties" and could not access accounts. At this point I am very close to cancelling my credit card in order to stop the unwanted billing. All told I have been charged close to $400 and been given the cold shoulder from the folks at beachbody!

returned and was not reinbursed

Bought trough infocomercial and it was an automated caller I ended up receiving and paying for more than I wanted or order. Called got a confermation order to send back which I did and kept the postal delivery confirmation receipt was advised that it was delivered but they never paid me back. So im out the money and the product.

sandra dinsdale Jul 07, 2008

Greetings,

I was sent more than I ordered as well, I specifically said I DO NOT WANT any of your vitamins etc they are synthetic and I would not recommend them. They sent them and charged me anyway now I have the challange of getting my money credited back, stopping further shipments, and having to pay for the return package as well as my time and frustration. Beachbody corporation is taking advantage of "their customers"

Had to put my two cents in.

• La
    lala Jul 18, 2008

they are LIARS

charged me without my persmission!
    I spoke to someone in customer service in India, they assured it would be cancelled but didn't give me a number, assured me the charges would not show up on my banking statement and they did.

beach body are scam artists Feb 02, 2009

i was placing an order online and thought i was going to only pay 20.00 a month it didn't even confirm what i was agreeing to pay just sent me a confirmation stating i will be paying 150.00 starting with 75.00 a month. i've been trying to cancel before they can charge my card since i wasn't agreeing to that amount. they have authorized my card but can't find my order i've been calling every 30min or less i don't want a mysterious delivery that now i have to pay saving every conversation with every rep. these people are thieves and scam artist.

Joleen Edwards Jun 15, 2013

We sent a money order to beach body mail orders and never received the product. Fortunately we were smart enough not to give our credit card number.

Fraud and cheating!

Ordered on 1/2/08. Was given bogus tracking info. As of 2/12/08 still no product. Telephone and online chat "service dept" are offshore and it shows. In one single conversation (I have written proof) they said the order would be here in 5 days, then a few sentences later says, the order was canceled, then again, the order should be here in 5 days - this time offering a tracking number. Turns out to be the original bogus tracking number. My multiple requests for a refund have gone ignored. Right now I have filed a dispute with my bank.

Be very careful!!!

Resolution!

After reading everyone’s complaints about our company I have personally set out to try and help solve the problems some of you all seem to be having. I will only have access to this email account, so please I express patience if I have not responded in 24 hours. This also means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. I am human too and I know how frustrating that can be! Especially when its about your finances! Beachbody is a wonderful company with a GREAT product; I would love for everyone to want to experience this for themselves without having to worry about anything else but your health and fitness. I pledge to make that happen for everyone.

• Th
    theresa strong Feb 10, 2008

I have a problem with the company continusely billing my checking account. My account has been hit 3 times in the past two days. I only wanted the dvd and wanted to pay only for the dvd. Yet I have now paid for them several times. I need this taken care of asap or I will be forced to procede with legal actions.

Theresa Strong

• Gi
    gibbe47 Feb 17, 2008

This company BLOWS!!!!!!!

I am a "Coach" (actually, a ruby caoch with 9 people below me) and this company will bleed you DRY!!!! It is the quintesential pyramid sceem. Multi-level maketing at it's finest. Buyer beware!!!! First, it cast 39 bucks to sign up to be a caoch, 15 bucks a month for "website maintance, spend 50 bucks in volume in your store and than get two of your friends (they won't be your friends once you sign them up). Ok, than, once you get your sucker friends to join (like i did) you get customers from there marketing. solunds great! but, you have to pay out the ### to make any mony in this business. A recent rule change effective on feb 11, 08, makes coaches with customers have to be club members, so another 40 bucks a quarter. An even newer change says you will not get paid on customers from spacific tv marketing (yes, the marketing that gets the best paing customers). yes, there are people making thousands of dollars a month, but that won't be you! Those people are at the top of the pyramid. you are at the bottom, at best, you can work your way up to....the bottom. Good luck out there, and stear clear of this company

• Je
    Jennifer Scott Sep 11, 2008

I was so glad I ran across this message. My dad and I were trying to figure out how to cancel his order/account and to stop the vitamins from showing up at the door. I responded to this message and Pierre took care of everything. He did exactly what he said he'd do. He canceled the order and even reimbursed my dad's credit card for some of the vitamins. My dad doesn't use email, so I sent the info for him to [email protected] and it was taken care of. Thanks, Pierre.

Too many charges!

They make you take their Million Dollar Online Membership, saying that it is free for 30 days, and that you can cancel and not be charged. Then you cancel, and they still charge you 38.87! And they won't take it back, because they mysteriously don't have record of you canceling! Don't order this, unless you want to pay more than you think you are!

Beachbody Messageboards Jan 25, 2008

Please anyone with any other problems feel free to email me at [email protected] My name is Pierre and after reading everyone’s complaints about our company I have personally set out to try and help solve the problems some of you all seem to be having.

Thanks and I look forward to helping solve some of your problems and issues!

• Je
    Jennifer Oct 31, 2008

Please review my account I called & spoke w/a rep & they told me that I agreed to a 30 trial internet support, which I DO NOT recall agreeing to & have NEVER used this service. Money has been taken out of my account & I want a full refund for those charges.

Thank you.
    Jennifer Watkins

• Mi
    mignon Bradshaw Dec 16, 2008

Ordered your product for $79.90 which I have no problem with but I do have a problem with you deducting $38.87 from my checking account for a membership that I did not knowingly agree to. I therefore am asking for a full refund of the $38.87 If you are as concerned as you say you are this should not be a problem.
    Please do not make me regret having purchased your 10-minute DVD package which seems to be an excellent product.

Sincerely,
    Mignon Bradshaw

misleading sales practices

I recently purchased a HipHop Abs DVD set from this company which is owned by Product Partners, LLC. During the course of the call the rep attempts to sell a variety of other items. She informed me about a FREE TRIAL PERIOD for an online "VIP" fitness svc. She explained that I cld cancel the svc AT ANYTIME. The company billed me $42.13 for what they say is FUTURE svc & when I told them that I was canceling so they cld credit me, they refused to do so. The company recorded the call & when I reviewed the copy they sent me, you cld hear the rep clearly state that I cld cancel at anytime but the supervisor told me that that was not relevant & refused to issue me a credit. The company is deliberately deceptive & I would NEVER purchase anything form them again!!

• So
    So mad Aug 02, 2007

AHHH!!!

I am still hot from just seeing my credit card charged $41.59 for something I did not use. I said repeatedly that I did not want anything but the workout CD. I can even hear in my voice how frustrated I was getting. I contacted the company and was told the same thing.

They sent me a copy of the recording. I was so PISSED that it took 15 minutes just to order the CD's. Because 13 min of the call I am telling the rep that NO I don't want this or that. I said NO over and over again. Then at the end this free "30 day trial period offer" is thrown in. Well by that time I was just ready to get off the phone.

So I to will NEVER buy anything over the phone. It is just not worth the headache!!!

Beachbody Customer Service Dec 12, 2007

Beachbody Customer Service can be reached at 800-454-2639 or online at Beachbody.com. Everyone who orders from Beachbody is treated as a valuable member of our community. We aren't perfect, but we are always eager to fix regrettable errors, and to help get people back onto their goal of achieving a healthy, active lifestyle.

fraudulent / deceiving ads

As posted by others, I was also charged by the company for "million dollar" support program that I never authorized them to enroll or charge me. Company said I was automatically enrolled in a 30-day free trial, and it was my responsibility to stop it if I don't want to get charged. Isn't that a scam, especially if the email confirmation or free enrollment email did not even tell you how much you'll get charged or what services you will get. I did not access these support, NOT ONE, and I asked the company to reverse charges. Overall, I am a dissatisfied consumer and I just want people to be aware of this company as their products come with hidden conditions that will charge your credit card. I feel CHEATED by this company and because of this experience, I do not trust internet shopping anymore.

Sneaky credit card charges!

You will get billed first from "Beachbody Fitness" for their shape up program, and then they say in 30 day...

unauthorized charges on my account!

I was going over my bank statement and to my dismay there was two charges in one week from beachbody for...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices