Complaints & Reviews

Batamanufacturing defects

I had purchased a Hush Puppies shoes from the Bata show room at M G Road, Secunderabad (ph: 040-[protected]) on [protected].

The left shoe's sole is totally ruptured across the length. It has got too many cracks as compared to right ones. I went to the show room on 7th June 2007 to tell about the defect. I was asked to wait for one hour. Later, I was told - "Nothing can be done. You can change the bottom with payment. Do what ever you want to do!". This is not the way a showroom owner talks to a person. I am working as scientist in Department of Space. I was offended in front of rush, where lot of school children were present (because of school reopening time).

I have been using Hush Puppies shoes from last 16 years. Earlier it was made by Hindustan Lever. Now, Bata makes it.

It has in fact torn much before eight months of its age. I usually go on tour. Even the owner asked me to come after seven days. He did not accept the shoes. But I approached him with a written complaint.

We should not loose the trust with Bata.

Ragards.
S K Patra

• Ra
      ramees Apr 01, 2008

My name is . I purchased one of your products (article number -2716936) last week from one of your showroom at Kazhakkuttam, in Trivandrum, Kerala .On the second day of my purchase when I was walking through the footpath of a busy road the sole of my sandal got removed and fell into the road. It is only because of your manufacturing defect poor quality control. After that I bought a new one from a nearby shop. When I complaint this incident to your showroom .They told me that only if I bring the sandals sole they can do anything. So I brought and gave it to them.

SAIPRASAD KASEGAONKAR May 30, 2011

I wish 2 share something different. I am working in Maharashtra Prison Department as Textile Superintendent. We have a huge set up of very modern D.M.S. shoes machinery plant located in Pune.We also assure cheap and assured labour. If Bata could offer us some business..? If u wish please contact 020 [protected]. or at e-mail [protected]@yahoo.in

Bata India Limited - Bata Shoes — soles of the newly purchased shoes damaged

After purchasing a shoe for a high price of 1200-/- It is really disheartening that the shoe has shown such a...

Bataleather shoes and chappels stolen from checking baggage

I traveled on 12-May-2007 from Hyderabad to Chicago (ORD) via Mumbai by AI 601, AI 127. After getting down at Chicago and on verifying I found that my leather Shoes and chappels of worth Rs. 3000/- were stolen from checking baggage. To buy the same in US, I need to shell out much more than that. Hence I express my serious concerns on this theft.

Bhasker Vistharakula.

• Je
        jeng May 19, 2007

Wow!!!

Bataworst customer service

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all worst customer support given by the bata showroom - T. Nagar - Chennai - India.

I have bought a sandals of Rs.699/- three months ago and primary usage is shoe within three months the sandals sole got cracked then I went to T. Nagar bata branch informed about the issue they said manager not available so you come some other day then I left and again came after one week then I met Mr. Venkatesan (Asst. Manager) - T. nagar he said this has to be approved by the branch manager I have given a letter stating all the issue I faced and he committed me that he will give me replacement and he will be calling me once the request has been approved by the manager.

No reply so I went to the branch asked about the status I came to know that the letter with sandals which I given to branch manager was missing I politely waited for 1 hour that too in a weekdays atlast he couldn't find out the sandals then I asked how long should I wait literally he given rubbish response I ever faced before with anybody.

My intension is not get the replacement but somebody should intervene in this issue and ask for the explanation that this type of response should not happen anybody.

Thank you bata giving me a wonderful experience.

I don't to whom should I escalate please fwd to the concern group.

Karunashankar

sabita singh Oct 02, 2012

i also purchased the product from same showroom they just act that manager will be there only till 5:00 but i have seen him till 9:00 am

worst bata products they r harassing the customer like any thing

sabita singh

• Sr
          SRIRAM K Iyer Jan 25, 2015

Worst Customer service in Kundanhalli as well as Marathahalli branch(Biggest Retail showroom).I tress the word "Worst".
          Nobody is ready to show the sandals and everyone is rude to customers.
          Concerned Person, Please do something to this unpleasant behaviour.

Bata India Ltd.bata shoes product complaint

I had purchased the product Hush puppi - 546938 costing Rs. 1999 on 12/01/2007 at bata's showroom at LT Road - Borivli (W) - Mumbai.

On 23/02/2007 the shoe had a tear as the sole had come out. I was shocked as the faith I had in the brand. I have been a loyal customer of bata & my family has been purchasing and recommending only bata shoes. The quality of the product seems to have deteriorated & loyal customers like me need to stop believing & rethink in our faith towards your product.

To my dismay there was a rude shock awaiting at the store. I took the shoe to the Bata store to avail of the guarantee within 75 days & I found it shut & a notice put on it. It was a notice by "Bata Management" that the shop has been closed down & taken over by bata management. I did not have time to hunt for a bata service centre or help line if any existed. I took it to the nearest cobbler & fixed it.

Bata Indiathe quality of the both shoes is different

I purchased BATA shoes (Shoes size N0. 3 in Black clour, Rs. 199/=, Cash Memo No. 11786 on 21st January 2007) for my son from BATA authorised dealer 5940/084 Shop No. C002, Sanpada Railway Station Complex, Sanpada (E), Navi Mumbai-400 705 Maharashtra, INDIA.

It is observed that, the quality of the both shoes is different i.e. one shoe is rough finishing (Matt) and another is glossy finishing. The manufacturing date July 2005 was mentioned on packing box.

I was complaint in that shop, they refused to replaced that shoes. Suggest everyone do not buy Bata products!

• Sr
              Sri Prasenjit Gorai Jan 25, 2007

I had purchased one pair of Bata shoes Model No. 801 - 6553 From BATA SHOE STORE (WBST. NO.-[protected], CST No.-[protected]) at Asansol on 28/02/2006 (Cash memo No.15965) Rs.1099/-.

After using the shoe for only 1 month the upper portion leather was getting cracked & the signing surface was falling out during brushing & Polishing ultimately the shoe is not usable.

With much regrets I had approached the Bata Shop from where I had purchased the shoe & lodge my complain on 20th Nov’2006. The manager of the shop neither received my complain nor taking any action to replace the shoe pair. As a result I have lost faith on Bata Shoes!

• Ga
              Gajanan V. Jog Sep 22, 2009

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am Mr. Gajanan V. Jog from Mumbai, working as a Marketing Manager in a Export Firm.

I had bought pair of Shoes of BATA Ambassador a year before.

And since then I wore them hardly 3-4 times while having special occasions, and surprisingly the left shoe sole has cracked into 2. Can you explain what is quality standards you are maintaining before you sell your products.

I am very much dissatisfied with this experience, the only reason I bought for being Indian to buy Indian products.

After paying Rs. [protected] if this the quality you are providing is not acceptable as a consumer.

Kindly let me know your answer on the matter.

Gajanan V. Jog

Bata Indiabad quality shoes

I bought a Bata shoe for 999 from a newly opened showroam in Mira Road. On reaching home I decovered that the shoe was was defective it had marking of restiching. looks like it was a seconds item. THis was promple replaced on complaint but refused to say how can a low quality be sold.

Even the new shoe is of bad quality, I am cheated.

That was my lasy buy from BATA.

• Di
                Dipak Singh Jul 29, 2010

Ref No.[protected] Bata
                Dear Sir,
                I logde a complaint regardig poor qualitiy Power Bata shoe.After tha I receive this mail from Customer Services.
                Dear Mr. Singh,

As per the information provided by you and the feedback taken from the store as a special case we extend to you a 100% replacement for the pair shoes being held by you. Please note the following with respect to the replacement

1. If the same pair (article number / model) and size is available at the store we will provide you with the same pair at 100% of the cost

2. If the same pair (article/model) is not available in the store (due to non availability of same model, size, color etc) you can avail the replacement (in this case also you will have to submit the damaged shoe to us) in value terms. It means that whatever value of the shoe was paid by you we will adjust 100% of the same value against your next purchase from the store.

3. Please note that there is no cash refund.

4. Damaged pair have to be submitted to Bata for replacement - mandatory

5. THE ABOVE APPROVAL FOR 100% REPLACEMENT IS VALID TILL 31th July 2010.

We would request if you could visit our BATA SHOE STORE at Rani Bagh, New Delhi and get in touch with the Store Manager Mr.Batra for the needful.

Kindly carry that shoe submission slip of pitampura store with you.

We would request you to please carry a printout of this mail & cash memo along with your shoes on any of the weekdays (Except Saturday & Sunday ) before Evening till 30th July 2010.

Regards

Customer Service Department
                Bata India Ltd.

After that as per your instruction, When I visit the Respected Bata Store Rani Bagh (with print out of your mail and Shoe purchase and Submission slip). The Store Manager Mr. Naveen Batra told me I have not received any mail from Customer Services regarding your Bata Power Shoes 100% claim.So how can I provide your shoes claim.
                So plz mail Mr Naveen Batra (Store Manager of Bata Shoe Store) as soon as possible because, according to you my claim validity is on 30th july 2010.

His name and address:-
                Bata Shoe Store
                1256-A, Rani Bagh Market, New Delhi-110034
                Contact Person Name:- Mr. Naveen Batra
                Tel.:- 011-[protected]
                Cell:- [protected]
                E-Mail:- navin.[protected]@yahoo.co.in

So Plz tell me in that situation what I did...

Thanks & Regards,
                Dipak Singh
                #[protected]

Bata Indiamismatch pair of shoes!

I have purchased power shoes of grey color. As usual I have purchased Bata product. But to my surprise this is first time I got a pair of mismatch. I have not even used it, or walked on the road. The very first day it was noticed by my friend that both leather finishing not matching at all. When I went to the shop for exchange, I was told to rub the left foot shoe to make it look equal with the right one. Generally this happens with the suede leather shoes. I was surprised. I did not argue at all.

Since my childhood I have been buying only BATA shoes. So I have hope to get it from BATA. I have been looking the BATA website an so I am here putting my complaints.

Depending on the response I get I may change to some other products next time when I go to buy shoes for me or my family.

• Pk
                  P.K.Pradhan Feb 14, 2007

I was coaxed to buy a pair of shoes under discount. The sales man promised that the discount was due to ;slow movement; of the product & not for any defect. Within one month of purchase when I noticed serious defect, the sales man refused to accept. On the front of the receipt it had written in a very ineligible letter that the product does not enjoy warranty. Where as the message at the back of the receipt is different. I was shocked. It was a case of sale by mis-representation. The sales manager was extremely impolite as well.

Sanjiv Tiwari Aug 22, 2007

I fully agree with this complaint. I am also having some serious defeat got occurred in my newly purchased shoes which is under warranty of 75 days. It is supposed from the BATA company to replace it as soon as possible.

Bata India — extremely poor quality footwear

I bought a pair of footwear size 9 for my 17 year old son on 02/09/2017 by paying Rs.499 from Bata India Ltd...

Bata Indiashoes worn out

I purchased shoes of your company (Bata) and I regret to say that quality of that product is really below my imagination. The leather used for manufacture of this shoes is worst and I have no satis faction with the poor quality of products from Bata shoe company.

• Pr
                    Prajeeth Oct 04, 2007

The quality of Bata shoes is not only below imagination, but the cheapest available in the market. I purchased a pair of shoes (Priced Rs. 1100/=) and the sole of the shoe detached on a months time.

jogesh jain Jan 05, 2010

i had bought a bata leather shoe <COMFIT> FOR RS1999three months back.the right foot shoes has broken from the back.the show room has got the shoe repaired three times.now its broken again. the shop says that they will give me 75% of the cost adjusted. sir i think its not my fault and i will have to pay rs500.i am from jammu.the shop is at raghunath bazar jammu.

sakina ,ya. Sep 24, 2010

the white canvas shoes used in schools are really of bad quality the adhesive is verypoor i bought a pairof shoes the very next day the adhesive had gone . Since in most of the schools they dont allow any other except canvas we have to stick to bata . the quality of these shoes has to imoprove so that it will atleast last for six months . it does not even last for two months kindly dosomething thank u sir.i reside in chennai .

• At
                    Atul Panchal Jun 26, 2012

Dear sir,

Subject : Purchased New Power Bata shoes Article no : 8182164 Size : 8 Rs 1, 499 / =.

I am attaching the photographs of shoes & the Bill-Copy.Please look into the matter & consider replacment for the shoes.
                    Purachased 8214138 size:8 rs : 1300 on first week of january.It was damaged within a week .Visited your store and settelled claim at an extra cost of Rs 700.New item 8182164 c.m no : 388449 dtd 6/2/2012. Power shoes damaged hardly used for two months shown to store leather cuts near bottom sole & stiches, shoe lase tie part also broken.I have used power joggers but this kind of defects in shoes i have seen first time .So kindly Exchange the shoes & mantain Bata Quality.
                    Please send the correcr emai for customer care . I am trying since 11 th june
                    customer.[protected]@bata.co.in
                    Regards

Atul Panchal

M - [protected]

• Gr
                    Great Aussie Battler Jul 16, 2014

I agree. I almost cut my foot off at smoko because of the discomfort.

Bata India — sole cut

I purchased shoes from your dealer at vijayawada located at andrapradesh. Shop name: bata retail shop...

Bata India — poor quality of shoes

It has been just a month since I purchased the shoesfrom Bata store and sole of the right shoe has started...