Complaints & Reviews

manufacturing defects

I had purchased a Hush Puppies shoes from the Bata show room at M G Road, Secunderabad (ph: 040-[protected]) on [protected].

The left shoe's sole is totally ruptured across the length. It has got too many cracks as compared to right ones. I went to the show room on 7th June 2007 to tell about the defect. I was asked to wait for one hour. Later, I was told - "Nothing can be done. You can change the bottom with payment. Do what ever you want to do!". This is not the way a showroom owner talks to a person. I am working as scientist in Department of Space. I was offended in front of rush, where lot of school children were present (because of school reopening time).

I have been using Hush Puppies shoes from last 16 years. Earlier it was made by Hindustan Lever. Now, Bata makes it.

It has in fact torn much before eight months of its age. I usually go on tour. Even the owner asked me to come after seven days. He did not accept the shoes. But I approached him with a written complaint.

We should not loose the trust with Bata.

Ragards.
S K Patra

• Ra
    ramees Apr 01, 2008

My name is . I purchased one of your products (article number -2716936) last week from one of your showroom at Kazhakkuttam, in Trivandrum, Kerala .On the second day of my purchase when I was walking through the footpath of a busy road the sole of my sandal got removed and fell into the road. It is only because of your manufacturing defect poor quality control. After that I bought a new one from a nearby shop. When I complaint this incident to your showroom .They told me that only if I bring the sandals sole they can do anything. So I brought and gave it to them.

SAIPRASAD KASEGAONKAR May 30, 2011

I wish 2 share something different. I am working in Maharashtra Prison Department as Textile Superintendent. We have a huge set up of very modern D.M.S. shoes machinery plant located in Pune.We also assure cheap and assured labour. If Bata could offer us some business..? If u wish please contact 020 26127906. or at e-mail [email protected]

soles of the newly purchased shoes damaged

After purchasing a shoe for a high price of 1200-/- It is really disheartening that the shoe has shown such a...

leather shoes and chappels stolen from checking baggage

I traveled on 12-May-2007 from Hyderabad to Chicago (ORD) via Mumbai by AI 601, AI 127. After getting down at Chicago and on verifying I found that my leather Shoes and chappels of worth Rs. 3000/- were stolen from checking baggage. To buy the same in US, I need to shell out much more than that. Hence I express my serious concerns on this theft.

Bhasker Vistharakula.

• Je
    jeng May 19, 2007

Wow!!!

worst customer service

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all worst customer support given by the bata showroom - T. Nagar - Chennai - India.

I have bought a sandals of Rs.699/- three months ago and primary usage is shoe within three months the sandals sole got cracked then I went to T. Nagar bata branch informed about the issue they said manager not available so you come some other day then I left and again came after one week then I met Mr. Venkatesan (Asst. Manager) - T. nagar he said this has to be approved by the branch manager I have given a letter stating all the issue I faced and he committed me that he will give me replacement and he will be calling me once the request has been approved by the manager.

No reply so I went to the branch asked about the status I came to know that the letter with sandals which I given to branch manager was missing I politely waited for 1 hour that too in a weekdays atlast he couldn't find out the sandals then I asked how long should I wait literally he given rubbish response I ever faced before with anybody.

My intension is not get the replacement but somebody should intervene in this issue and ask for the explanation that this type of response should not happen anybody.

Thank you bata giving me a wonderful experience.

I don't to whom should I escalate please fwd to the concern group.

Karunashankar

sabita singh Oct 02, 2012

i also purchased the product from same showroom they just act that manager will be there only till 5:00 but i have seen him till 9:00 am

worst bata products they r harassing the customer like any thing

sabita singh

SRIRAM K Iyer Jan 25, 2015

Worst Customer service in Kundanhalli as well as Marathahalli branch(Biggest Retail showroom).I tress the word "Worst".
    Nobody is ready to show the sandals and everyone is rude to customers.
    Concerned Person, Please do something to this unpleasant behaviour.

bata shoes product complaint

I had purchased the product Hush puppi - 546938 costing Rs. 1999 on 12/01/2007 at bata's showroom at LT Road - Borivli (W) - Mumbai.

On 23/02/2007 the shoe had a tear as the sole had come out. I was shocked as the faith I had in the brand. I have been a loyal customer of bata & my family has been purchasing and recommending only bata shoes. The quality of the product seems to have deteriorated & loyal customers like me need to stop believing & rethink in our faith towards your product.

To my dismay there was a rude shock awaiting at the store. I took the shoe to the Bata store to avail of the guarantee within 75 days & I found it shut & a notice put on it. It was a notice by "Bata Management" that the shop has been closed down & taken over by bata management. I did not have time to hunt for a bata service centre or help line if any existed. I took it to the nearest cobbler & fixed it.

the quality of the both shoes is different

I purchased BATA shoes (Shoes size N0. 3 in Black clour, Rs. 199/=, Cash Memo No. 11786 on 21st January 2007) for my son from BATA authorised dealer 5940/084 Shop No. C002, Sanpada Railway Station Complex, Sanpada (E), Navi Mumbai-400 705 Maharashtra, INDIA.

It is observed that, the quality of the both shoes is different i.e. one shoe is rough finishing (Matt) and another is glossy finishing. The manufacturing date July 2005 was mentioned on packing box.

I was complaint in that shop, they refused to replaced that shoes. Suggest everyone do not buy Bata products!

Sri Prasenjit Gorai Jan 25, 2007

I had purchased one pair of Bata shoes Model No. 801 - 6553 From BATA SHOE STORE (WBST. NO.-19220014173, CST No.-19220014270) at Asansol on 28/02/2006 (Cash memo No.15965) Rs.1099/-.

After using the shoe for only 1 month the upper portion leather was getting cracked & the signing surface was falling out during brushing & Polishing ultimately the shoe is not usable.

With much regrets I had approached the Bata Shop from where I had purchased the shoe & lodge my complain on 20th Nov’2006. The manager of the shop neither received my complain nor taking any action to replace the shoe pair. As a result I have lost faith on Bata Shoes!

• Ga
    Gajanan V. Jog Sep 22, 2009

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am Mr. Gajanan V. Jog from Mumbai, working as a Marketing Manager in a Export Firm.

I had bought pair of Shoes of BATA Ambassador a year before.

And since then I wore them hardly 3-4 times while having special occasions, and surprisingly the left shoe sole has cracked into 2. Can you explain what is quality standards you are maintaining before you sell your products.

I am very much dissatisfied with this experience, the only reason I bought for being Indian to buy Indian products.

After paying Rs. 1400-1500 if this the quality you are providing is not acceptable as a consumer.

Kindly let me know your answer on the matter.

Gajanan V. Jog

bad quality shoes

I bought a Bata shoe for 999 from a newly opened showroam in Mira Road. On reaching home I decovered that the shoe was was defective it had marking of restiching. looks like it was a seconds item. THis was promple replaced on complaint but refused to say how can a low quality be sold.

Even the new shoe is of bad quality, I am cheated.

That was my lasy buy from BATA.

• Di
    Dipak Singh Jul 29, 2010

Ref No.20103075 Bata
    Dear Sir,
    I logde a complaint regardig poor qualitiy Power Bata shoe.After tha I receive this mail from Customer Services.
    Dear Mr. Singh,

As per the information provided by you and the feedback taken from the store as a special case we extend to you a 100% replacement for the pair shoes being held by you. Please note the following with respect to the replacement

1. If the same pair (article number / model) and size is available at the store we will provide you with the same pair at 100% of the cost

2. If the same pair (article/model) is not available in the store (due to non availability of same model, size, color etc) you can avail the replacement (in this case also you will have to submit the damaged shoe to us) in value terms. It means that whatever value of the shoe was paid by you we will adjust 100% of the same value against your next purchase from the store.

3. Please note that there is no cash refund.

4. Damaged pair have to be submitted to Bata for replacement - mandatory

5. THE ABOVE APPROVAL FOR 100% REPLACEMENT IS VALID TILL 31th July 2010.

We would request if you could visit our BATA SHOE STORE at Rani Bagh, New Delhi and get in touch with the Store Manager Mr.Batra for the needful.

Kindly carry that shoe submission slip of pitampura store with you.

We would request you to please carry a printout of this mail & cash memo along with your shoes on any of the weekdays (Except Saturday & Sunday ) before Evening till 30th July 2010.

Customer Service Department
    Bata India Ltd.

After that as per your instruction, When I visit the Respected Bata Store Rani Bagh (with print out of your mail and Shoe purchase and Submission slip). The Store Manager Mr. Naveen Batra told me I have not received any mail from Customer Services regarding your Bata Power Shoes 100% claim.So how can I provide your shoes claim.
    So plz mail Mr Naveen Batra (Store Manager of Bata Shoe Store) as soon as possible because, according to you my claim validity is on 30th july 2010.

His name and address:-
    Bata Shoe Store
    1256-A, Rani Bagh Market, New Delhi-110034
    Contact Person Name:- Mr. Naveen Batra
    Tel.:- 011-27024452
    Cell:- 9873797699
    E-Mail:- [email protected]

So Plz tell me in that situation what I did...

Thanks & Regards,
    Dipak Singh
    #9891940230

mismatch pair of shoes!

I have purchased power shoes of grey color. As usual I have purchased Bata product. But to my surprise this is first time I got a pair of mismatch. I have not even used it, or walked on the road. The very first day it was noticed by my friend that both leather finishing not matching at all. When I went to the shop for exchange, I was told to rub the left foot shoe to make it look equal with the right one. Generally this happens with the suede leather shoes. I was surprised. I did not argue at all.

Since my childhood I have been buying only BATA shoes. So I have hope to get it from BATA. I have been looking the BATA website an so I am here putting my complaints.

Depending on the response I get I may change to some other products next time when I go to buy shoes for me or my family.

• Pk
    P.K.Pradhan Feb 14, 2007

I was coaxed to buy a pair of shoes under discount. The sales man promised that the discount was due to ;slow movement; of the product & not for any defect. Within one month of purchase when I noticed serious defect, the sales man refused to accept. On the front of the receipt it had written in a very ineligible letter that the product does not enjoy warranty. Where as the message at the back of the receipt is different. I was shocked. It was a case of sale by mis-representation. The sales manager was extremely impolite as well.

Sanjiv Tiwari Aug 22, 2007

I fully agree with this complaint. I am also having some serious defeat got occurred in my newly purchased shoes which is under warranty of 75 days. It is supposed from the BATA company to replace it as soon as possible.

extremely poor quality footwear

I bought a pair of footwear size 9 for my 17 year old son on 02/09/2017 by paying Rs.499 from Bata India Ltd...

shoes worn out

I purchased shoes of your company (Bata) and I regret to say that quality of that product is really below my imagination. The leather used for manufacture of this shoes is worst and I have no satis faction with the poor quality of products from Bata shoe company.

• Pr
    Prajeeth Oct 04, 2007

The quality of Bata shoes is not only below imagination, but the cheapest available in the market. I purchased a pair of shoes (Priced Rs. 1100/=) and the sole of the shoe detached on a months time.

jogesh jain Jan 05, 2010

i had bought a bata leather shoe <COMFIT> FOR RS1999three months back.the right foot shoes has broken from the back.the show room has got the shoe repaired three times.now its broken again. the shop says that they will give me 75% of the cost adjusted. sir i think its not my fault and i will have to pay rs500.i am from jammu.the shop is at raghunath bazar jammu.

sakina ,ya. Sep 24, 2010

the white canvas shoes used in schools are really of bad quality the adhesive is verypoor i bought a pairof shoes the very next day the adhesive had gone . Since in most of the schools they dont allow any other except canvas we have to stick to bata . the quality of these shoes has to imoprove so that it will atleast last for six months . it does not even last for two months kindly dosomething thank u sir.i reside in chennai .

• At
    Atul Panchal Jun 26, 2012

Dear sir,

Subject : Purchased New Power Bata shoes Article no : 8182164 Size : 8 Rs 1, 499 / =.

I am attaching the photographs of shoes & the Bill-Copy.Please look into the matter & consider replacment for the shoes.
    Purachased 8214138 size:8 rs : 1300 on first week of january.It was damaged within a week .Visited your store and settelled claim at an extra cost of Rs 700.New item 8182164 c.m no : 388449 dtd 6/2/2012. Power shoes damaged hardly used for two months shown to store leather cuts near bottom sole & stiches, shoe lase tie part also broken.I have used power joggers but this kind of defects in shoes i have seen first time .So kindly Exchange the shoes & mantain Bata Quality.
    Please send the correcr emai for customer care . I am trying since 11 th june
    [email protected]

Atul Panchal

M - 98795 40611

• Gr
    Great Aussie Battler Jul 16, 2014

I agree. I almost cut my foot off at smoko because of the discomfort.

sole cut

I purchased shoes from your dealer at vijayawada located at andrapradesh.
Shop name: bata retail shop india
Address: gandhi nagar, vijayawada.
Phone no: [protected]

Details:
Bill no: [protected]
Cst no:abc/5/1001
Date:27/6/06
Cost: 799/-
Colour : black

Complaint:

My shoe sole is cutted at lase hole.
For one use only. I sent a compliant to your dealer (vijayawada) but they do not take response.
I want to replace my shoes.
Please take nesasry action about my complaint.

My address:
Benji. anand babu
S/o b. jesudass
Kothapeta
Palakol-534260
W.g. dist, a. p, s. india.
Ph: [protected]
Cell:[protected]

• Sc
    S C KOHLI Jan 26, 2007

BATA (INDIA) Ltd
    Gurgaon (Haryana)

Subject: - Non payment and Revision of Rent in respect of Shop No. 114 Edward Lines leased out to BATA.
    Personal Attention: - Mr. Harpreet Singh Vice President Commercial

Sir,
    Please refer to your letter dated 11th January 2007 on the above mentioned subject wherein you have stated that the rent was stopped due to the Death of Dr. Chaman Laul (Died on 16-08-2002) and have requested me to send an affidavit to prove the legal ownership of the Shop.

I am not only surprised but shocked with your statement. It appears that you are not aware of my numerous letters to your office and the Meeting my representative had which were arranged by the Shop Manager Mr Kapoor with Mr. Subhir Banerjee than DM on 14-10-2004, Mr. Pardeep Paul in Gurgaon in May 2005, and Mr. Pankaj Massy on 10-02-2006 at Kashmiri Gate Office and Mr. Arun Kathuria DM at Kingsway Camp shop in Nov. 2006. During all meeting these Officers had with my representative kept on ensuring that matter was being looked into, but even after more than 3 years of persuasion there was not even a single communication from your Office. Only now when I had requested Commissioner of Delhi Police about my Harassment from your Office, I am being informed that the payment of Rent was stopped because of the Death of my husband which is an absolute lie and the factual position is as under.

My husband died on 16-08-2002. Thereafter on the basis of affidavits filled by all the legal heirs the shop was registered in my name on 06-09-2002 at the Registrar Office at Rohini. After change in Registrar records, I approached the office of L & D O and the Original Records of allotment were changed in my favour vide L&DO letter No.L&DO/PS-II/265 dated 30-04-2003 signed by Dy. L&D Officer Sh. V.N. Tripathi. A copy of the same was enclosed with my letter given to Mr Subhir Banerjee on 14-10-2004 in Shakti Nagar Office and also posted vide my letter dated 03-01-2005 (copy enclosed for ready reference) which was duly received in your office. At this stage when the property stands Registered in my name, the question of any Affidavit does not arise.

In fact the rent was stopped because I requested vide my letters dated 14-10-2004 and 03-01-2005 to increase the rent which was not increased for so many years.The Market Rent and cost of living index had risen tremendously and there was a huge demand by the MCD due to increased in property tax which was more than the rent. A copy of this letter along with mutation letter and death certificate was again given to Mr. Pradeep Paul in his Office in May 2005 as my original letter dated 03-01-2005 through which all these documents were sent, were not traceable in your Office record. A copy of all these documents were again handed over to Mr. Pankaj Massy then DM in Kashmiri Gate Office in Feb.2006 together with a copy of Notice dated 11th Feb. 2006; which was received from MCD about attachment/sale of the property and also upto 7 years of Rigorous Punishment for not paying the property tax (Copy Enclosed).

I therefore, request you to have a mercy on an 87 years Old ageing Widow and make genuine efforts to sort out the problem looking at the present Market rent increase in property tax, cost of living etc, so that I may lead an honorable life independently taking care of my Health, Medicines and save my property from any attachment/sale of property or serve punishment as mentioned in the MCD notice handed over to Mr. Massy (Copy Enclosed).

Sanjay Anand Apr 17, 2008

To
    The Vice President
    Bata India Ltd
    Gurgaon.

Dear Sir,
    As you are aware that the lease agreement of our Pathankot shop that took place between Bata India Ltd and my father Mr. Sudarshan Kumar Anand has already expired on the 31st of March 2007 after a period of 15 +5=20 years, Bata India Ltd has still not handed over the possession of the shop to us, although the shop has already been closed for the last so many months due to lack of business.
    Sir please let me know the date on which the possession of the shop wil be given to us without wasting more time. Also let me know if I have to bring Power of attorney from my father to take the possession as he is not well.
    Thanking you in anticipation
    looking forward to hear soon from,
    Your's faithfully

• Mu
    Murugan Jul 12, 2008

Dear Bata Service Team,

Request for Manufacturing Defect Replacement

On 7th June-08, I have purchased the Shoe from your Bata Show Room at Andheri Kurla Road-Sakinaka under Cash Memo / bill no-07.06.08/01/0056 amount paid Rs 1200.00& Article Code-8016132 KULBY.

With-in 25 days of purchase Bata New Shoe damaged due to Manufacturing Defect,

Sakinaka Showroom Sales Representatives ready to repair the same, which is not acceptable to me.

As a Bata Customer I have purchased very expense shoe of (RS 1200.00) product from Bata, any cobbler can repair my shoes for minimum amount.

My kind requests please replace the Bata shoe.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope you can understand customer soulful feeling.

Yours

Bata Dissatisfied Customer

Mobile: # 09821275963.

Mumbai Andheri East.

sreeharibabu.velluri Sep 11, 2008

samsung cz21k55sn colour tv. sound coming but not picture. it happened 2months after purchase. no proper response & service intime. it's very worst brand. Don"t ppurchase.

• Di
    Dipak Singh Jul 29, 2010

Ref No.20103075 Bata
    Dear Mr. Singh,

3. Please note that there is no cash refund.

4. Damaged pair have to be submitted to Bata for replacement - mandatory

5. THE ABOVE APPROVAL FOR 100% REPLACEMENT IS VALID TILL 31th July 2010.

Kindly carry that shoe submission slip of pitampura store with you.

Customer Service Department

Contact Person Name:- Mr. Naveen Batra
    Tel.:- 011-27024452
    Cell:- 9873797699
    E-Mail:- [email protected]

So Plz tell me in that situation what I did...

Thanks & Regards,
    Dipak Singh
    #9891940230

poor quality of shoes

It has been just a month since I purchased the shoesfrom Bata store and sole of the right shoe has started...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices