Complaints & Reviews

Bata / 531 - 8839stokist not accepting faulty shoes for further claim

I have bought a pair of shoes for my wife just 25 days ago worth Rs.1000/- from "Decent Shoe" at Khanna Road Rawalpindi. The upperof both shoes has cracked even they are used very few times, when I complain about this to the stockiest he refused to accept it by saying that company not accepting claims for this problem.
Now what I can do? My belief on Bata company is shaken and I will not buy any more shoes from Bata in future because now they are making very very poor quality products and they are just selling their name only. When people complain for any problem they just ignore it, It is my request to Chief Justice that please look into this matter also because there is no low for the safety of consumer and nobody listen to their problems.
Shafique

stokist not accepting faulty shoes for further claim

Bata Indiaworst bata product and no refund

I bought hand bag from bata in Aug for 1500 and the handles started breaking and I got it replaced and new hand bag quality was the same and handles got breaking again. just with in ten days.

I dont want to go for any more exchange as confirmed by customer care. I need my money to be refunded. how many time should I visit the store and every time they give bad product.

More over they say that for exchange u need to come before 5:00- pm and should not come during week ends also. this is the only one way of harassing the customer. How can we every time leave our work and go for exchange. they say that store manage will be available only till five but fact is he will be at store only till 9:00 pm.

When we can go for purchase any time shop is open then why cant they do the replacement any time customer comes. its not the fault of customer bata is giving bad products over all.

I Request all the People not to buy any more product form bata.

Please help me.

I have also purchase sandals, shoes, slippers every thing quality was bad

Regards
    Sabita Singh
    bubbly. [protected]@gmail.com

Batano refund issued for returned product

Hello All,

On Aug 15 th 2017 I had placed this online order with Bata. Order # [protected] for INR1999.50 (Hushpuppies Shoes – Article number 8546109, 7 size, ordered from Bangalore). After multiple follow up I received the delivery on Aug 31st 2017. They shipped the order with one 7 size and another 8 size shoe. The pair had different sizes. Again after multiple follow up they agreed to issue credit if I return the product. They had no stock for size 7. The product was returned on Sep 13th against aramex tracking [protected]. Received at Bata on Sep 14th 2017. The return information was sent to Bata the same day and they have acknowledged receiving the product. Since then I had sent emails, left messages at Facebook, complain numbers generated but they have not issued credit. I am concerned Bata will dupe me. So far this has been my worst online order nightmare. Can anyone help me? I am really fedup following up with this completely arrogant company.

Regards,
      Somen

• Rs
          rsanjeevkumar Dec 04, 2011

hi,

I ordered a BATA sandals for Rs.500(order no:[protected]) on 14th june 2017. The payment was through netbanking(Indian Overseas Bank). I got a mail from CC Avenue stating that the transaction was a failure but the amount of Rs.500 was detucted from my account. When I contacted the bank they said that the transaction was success from their end. What should I do now?

Bata Mocassinoshoes cut

My bata shoes purchased on 14th feb 2012 at bijapur, the shoe sole cut withing three months. please arrange for replacement. email address- ps.[protected]@gmail.com

Bata India Ltdpoor quality

I purchased bata shoes from

Bata india ltd, bata shoe store, 2342-43 a.k. road, kraol bagh, new delhi-5
          Ph-011 [protected]

First purchased article-article no. 8216951 against cash memo no. 07-06-11/1/0053

Unfortunately those shoes became defective with in 7-8 days and I replaced those shoes with another new one at higher price

Second purchased article (replacement)-article no. 8516367 against cash memo no. 16-06-11/1/0033

Unfortunately these replaced shoes also became defective with 3 days, so I visited again to above shop.

I have handed over these defective shoes at above shop against claim no. 936 of dated 21-june-11

Now I cannot faith on bata shoes anymore after getting second chance, so I need my money back.

• Ti
              Tito Deb Nov 14, 2011

Sub : Sharing a legacy.

Dear Sir,

I came in senses to find my father being obsessed with the Ripple soled Ambassador brand. He was so accustomed with it that he never felt to share the comfort from any other style. Sadly, my father is no more hopelessly neither the style.

I remember my schooldays in “Naughtyboys” and on Thursdays in “Bullet /Power” canvas for my PT classes. My only son presently in Class VIII has made himself habituated in “Power/Northstar” brands. As such through years, we have become accustomed with the brand’ never the period of usage.

BATA has been a legacy. The name still strikes, but…… .

Now, I am nearing fifties. I have become friendly with your “Hushpuppies”, both in terms of casuals and shoes. While, I have three pairs for my official purpose, I am really in a sorry state with a shoe and a casual. In both items, the sole and upper are in best of conditions but the sides are tearing off. I am not habituated in keeping proofs of BATA, so I am handicapped from raising claims.

I expect a favor, will you please let me know how my problems can be redressed. I feel earnestly that the brand can never deceive me as it has proven through generations. Sincerely, I feel I should remain with the brand & style.

Thanks for bearing with me,

Faithfully

(Tito Deb)

• Vi
              vij2424 Aug 27, 2014

Dear sir,
              Ithas been just a month since i purchased thehush puppy shoe from mangalore - bata india limited for inr 3, 500 / - and i have just wearied this shoe only for two weeks and the sole has started detaching.
              Right now i am in abroad again i will be in october in mangalore – i will visit the bata - with complaint
              Looking for positive reply and replacement.
              {date of purchase 07 / 07 / 2017 - i have credit statement copy }
              I am a regular customer of bata and always iam wearing branded shoes - i have 5 year / 3 year old hush puppy shoes which is still i amusing made in france.
              Awaiting your acknowledgement and with reply.

Bata Indiamisguidance of shoes bata

This is to bring to your notice that I and my family are regular purchasers of bata shoes till date. it so happened that the ambassador shoes which I brought 2 yrs back got damaged hence I went to your bata store which is located in 3-5-1105 vyshnavi capital narayanaguda, hyderabad andhra pradesh on 17/02/2011 and wanted to buy ambassador shoes but some how was looking at comfit shoes and asked the dealer whether comfit was as strong as ambassidor in terms of sole and whether it was rough and tough, because I was using ambassidor shoes from quite a long time and I really liked them.
            The manager who was there told me that it was strong and no need of worry, yesterday my shoes got accidently touched silencer of bike without my knowledge and when I wore shoes today morning I found that little portion of sole at back was partially burnt. I was totaly shocked and felt very bad as its hardly a month that I brought the shoes and it was not able to withstand even the smallest contact. if I was told that this shoes sole was not as the one as bata ambsasidor which was really amazing and tough I would not have purchased this comfit shoes. today I went to store in narayanaguda from chanda nagar which is 15 km away and iwas told that this was not covered under warranty. I am totally shocked listening to this I dont know what to do. I hope you can understand the depressed state I am under. kindy help me

• Ra
                ram9999 Nov 27, 2013

Myself bought yesterday rs2699 bata ambassador shoes. which was of size 8, wherein i told i need 9 size. but manager told it is good to wear fit size and on the go it will be loose and comfortable. but for 10 mins it started paining my toes. i requested to give me size 9 within 12 hours of purchase. but manager refused to give. i am also going to complain the same in CONSUMER FORUM. this shop is in vidyanagar bata showroom, nalakunta opposite to DD hospital. BATA IS the worst service provider in the consumer market. hence i tell each and every individual. think 10 times to buy anything in BATA, ANYWHERE IN INDIA OR ABROAD. i learnt a lesson of rs2600.the manager name is KALIM, the worst guy i have ever seen in connsumer market. BATA IS SUCH A SCRAP SHOPPING CENTER.

• Bs
                B.s.Devpura Jul 26, 2015

On Date 15 /07/2015 ;I Went To Bapu Bajar Udaipur to purchased shoes but the shopkeeper did not give the shoes. He misbehaved with me.

Bata Shoesbad quality of shoes

I have purchased ashoes fom your authorised shop in surat. the code no. of shoes is [protected] @ Rs. 1299.00. the shoes are of very bad quality within a 4 — 5 uses, the outer cover is coming out very badly & it look very shabby & dirty,. I dont know how such a reputed compony product can be duplicate.
              kindly exchange the same with new shoes

• Ji
                  JIT CHAKRAVARTY Feb 20, 2007

A copy of email to Bata Shoes:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I had purchased a pair of Hush Puppies No. 10 shoes from your Camac Street outlet on 13th January 2006. I have always trusted Bata shoes and have been wearing them for the past 45 years. However, while brushing my shoes, I was surprised to find that in a span of 1 year the soles of both the pairs have cracked laterally, making them useless for further wear. It may be worthwhile to note here that I travel by car only and have never used them for rough use.

Under the above circumstances, and taking into consideration the cost of the product, I request you to let me know what action I should take, as I feel that this is definitely a case of sub -standard material and you are morally bound to replace / repair the same free of cost.

Please respond at the earliest before I make up my mind never to touch Bata Shoes again.

Regards

Jit Chakravarty
                  Kolkata

• As
                  ashwin kadam Aug 16, 2011

RESPECTED SIR,

I HAVE PURCHASED BATA SHOES 2 MONTHS BACK WORTH RS 749/- FROM BATA SHOWROOM AT TOWER ROAD, RAOPURA, BARODA(GUJARAT) AND TO MOST DISTURBING THING IS THAT IT HAS BECOME THE MOST DISASTER FOR ME AS THE SHOES HAVE BEEN IN THE POSITION THAT I CANNOT WEAR IT NOW.

PLEASE DO GUIDE WHAT SHOULD I DO?

THANKS

• At
                  atularora Feb 10, 2012

same here

andrea hoekstra Feb 13, 2012

live in dawson creek bc .. been trying since christmas to get my son some runners they have none .. the excuses are they are coming next week we only got a few will be getting more later .. the ppl there roll there eyes are not helpful didn't go in the back to look .. this is a runner place the onlt place in town really besides walmart and zellers kids don't want them from there.. really getting ticked get some darn shoes in..

Bata Power Shoedeffective shoe still not replace

Ref. No.[protected] Bata
                Dear Sir,
                Mr. Abhishek called me on 29/07/2010 and he asked me have you any issue. Then I told him yes I have an Issue regarding Defective Bata Power shoe claim. After that he told me I will call you back. But still I have not receive any call back from Mr. Abhishek. Kindly tell me how much time it will take to solve my issue. Now I am very feedup with your response. Plz do needfull as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,
                Dipak Singh
                #[protected]

Bata India Ltd (Sports Shoes)manufacturing deffect

I bought a pair of sports shoes from Bata Shoe Store at Gopalan Legacy Mysore Road Bangalore on 6th May 2010. On 28th May I visited the storees and showed the shoes and the deffect. The official suggested me to hand over the shoes to them and the shoes would be sent to the factory for fixing.

I went on 3rd June to deliver the shoes. To my surprise the store was closed and I learnt from the neighbouring shop that the store is closed once for all. The guy did not tell me about the plans of shop closure on 28th May and now I do not know what to do.

Cash Memo 08-05-10/1/[protected]. Please feel free to ask in case any kmore clarityb needed.

Bata India Shoe Power Phyton Litepoor quality of shoe -

After my wife insisted that I buy the shoe from reputed Bata, I purchased 'Power' Brand shoe from Bata's Esplanade Shop at Kolkata 6 months ago. Now I find that left side shoe upper has torn out in such a short time. I contacted Esplanade shop, but they insisted on giving the bills, which I have not preserved not considering its need.

poor quality of shoe -

Bata India Ltd.vacation of permises

I m the owner of the bata godown on chandigarh, due to inflation and property tax levied by the admiistration, I m not able to continue with bata india ltd. I want vacation of permises by bata india ltd, this is persuming as a legal notice, if you have any querry contavt me at [protected]. or mail me at [protected]@yahoo.co.in. pl. vacate the permises with in a month or face legal complications. I want to increase the rent about 45000/-if u r willing to continue as a teanent, pl. pay 45000/-pm as a rent, or vacate the permises. of sco-29, sector -41-d, chandigarh.

Bata Indiasome manufacturing defect

Bought a hush pupppies shoe in chennai during a visit. Within 5 minutes, my skin started hurting and top skin came off above the right heel. Tried to exchange in bangalore, Jaya Nagar branch. The manager was not there and instructed his sales person not to entertain an exchange and asked me to go to Chennai. This is funny. Bata should be able to exchange the product anywhere in India, right?

This is my fourth hush puppies and never had a problem till now. Hope help arrives.

Bata India Ltd.uncomfortable rainy shoes

Dear Respected Sir,

I had purchased a Ladies Rainy Pair on 30/6/09, Article No.5528607 for Rs.299/-from Bata Shoe Store at L.T. Road, Babhai Naka, Borivli (W), Mumbai - 400 092.

I had barely worn the pair for 10 to 15 minutes and they started hurting me so badly on both the feet (on the toes & ankel) that I had to come back home without wearing the shoes.

I went back to return the pair to the Bata Shoe store from where I had purchased the pair. The manager there refused to exchange the shoes no matter how I made him understand. I even said I don't mind paying something extra and taking another pair.

I feel he should have exchanged the pair on humanitarian ground & limited use, realising that I have paid for it and it will only be a waste of money / shoes for me.

Sir, I request you to kindly reflect on my complaint and let me have your favourable reply with regards to customer care service /customer satisfaction.

Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration.

Yours faithfully,
                          A. Henry
                          Email: albina. [protected]@yahoo.in

• Pb
                              P B DINESH Feb 11, 2009

On 26th January '09, I have purchased one pair ladies sandal from Bata India Ltd.'s showroom at 53, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata - 700 026. They have charged me Rs.399/- for the same. On the packet of the article, Model No. is mentioned as "N068 671-6905 - Foot size 5". After one day's use, the sticker labbled on the sandal worn out and the actual price printed on the sandal is visible as Rs.349/-. I have requested the said shop to refund me the excess amount charged by them, but they refused my request. I, therefeore, request you to please intervene the matter and ask them to settle the matter wihtout any delay.

I have also complained about this thruogh customer care department and the mails exchanged between are quoted below :

Quote:
                              "In response to your e-mail dated 9th February ’09, please note that you have not replied to my actual question as to whether you have any right to charge revised price for a product manufactured prior to revision of its price? Further, you have not disclosed the date of manufacture of sandal on its packet. It is evident from the price tag/sticker of Rs.399/- labeled on the earlier price of Rs.349/- printed on the sandal that this pair of sandal was manufactured on a date prior to revision of the price.

Further, I deny your contention that the stores staff concerned at 53, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 (Phone No.2454 6608) had communicated to me abut the revised price at the time of billing. For your information, I came to know the real fact when the price tag/sticker of Rs.399/- moved from the sandal after one day’s use. Then only the actual price of Rs.349/- printed on the sandal was visible!

I, therefore, once again request you to arrange refund of the excess amount taken from me without any further delay. If you fail to do so, I have left with no other alternative except to approach the appropriate Forum to claim for my refund along with compensation.

Hope you will not compel me to take such steps against you and, of course, that will not speak good for a reputed company like yours.

Thanking you,

Sent: Monday, February 09, 2017 11:32 AM
                              To: Secretary To PKC
                              Subject: RE: Complaint against excess rate charged.- EQ/0502002

Dear Mr. Dinesh,

This is with reference to your feedback received on 5th February, 2017.

We would like to state that it is our endeavor to continuously provide our customers with value for money offerings. Also in accordance with the market dynamics we have internal company promotions and campaigns that include Price revisions from time to time. Incase there are such price revisions all the revised prices are communicated to customers at the time of billing. We have verified with our Store Staff at S P Mukherjee Road Kolkata and they have clarified that the revised price for the same was communicated to you at the time of billing .i.e. the current MRP of article no. 6716905 purchased by you is Rs. 399.

Please let us know if there are any issues that still need our intervention.

Regards,

Customer Services Dept.

Bata India Ltd.

From: Secretary To PKC [mailto:[protected]@birlacorp.com]
                              Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2017 12:29 PM
                              To: Customer Service
                              Subject: Complaint against excess rate charged.
                              Importance: High

On 26th January '09, I have purchased one pair ladies sandal from Bata India Ltd.'s showroom at 53, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata - 700 026. They have charged me Rs.399/- for the same. On the packet of the article, Model No. is mentioned as "N068 671-6905 - Foot size 5". The actual rate mentioned on the article is Rs.349/-, but the shop-owner has put one sticker on the article to read the rate as Rs.399/-.

In this connection, you are requested to let me know the exact price for the said article. You will agree that even if there is any increase in the price of a particular item, the same should be applicable to the new stock only and not for the old stock. I failed to understand as to how the shop owner is doing such malpractice. On the packet of the sandal, manufacturing date of the article is also not shown.

I would, therefore, request you to please look into the matter and instruct the said shop owner to refund me Rs.50/- excess charged by them immediately. The refund cheque payable to me at Kolkata may be sent to me at my below mentioned address.

Scanned copy of the bill is affixed below for your doing the needful.

(P.B. Dinesh)

C/o. Birla Corporation Ltd.,

Birla Building, 3rd Floor,

9/1, R.N. Mukherjee Road,

Kolkata – 700 001.

Phone : 2248 0566/4734

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Notice :
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
                              to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
                              may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
                              intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any review,
                              re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking
                              of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
                              other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Bata India takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic
                              communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet
                              accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus
                              introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use
                              up-to-date virus checking software.
                              BATA BE SURPRISED – New Range ! Great Prices !

Bata Shoeshoe sole broken

purchased a shoe for my husband on 4.7.08 who is in Dubai and sent to him since I always go in only for bata products. Unfortunately within a month the sole of the shoe broken and my husband came on vaction only now and brought it. When I approached the retail shop at Tambaram where I purchased the shoe, they did not accept for replacing and wanted me to raise a complaint. inv No.000829 dt.04.07.08 for rs.499/-. My mobile No is [protected]. Landline 044-[protected], Address. A. Jayashree, 21/15, ARAVINDAR STREET, ANANDA NAGAR, EAST TAMBARAM, CHENNAI - 600 059

Manoj Jun 15, 2009

I purchased Sandle 871-4003 from Auth dealer of Bata at C-7, Shalimar Garden-II on 08.05.09, bill No. 10066, the bottom's pasting removed within 02 weeks, dealer said come after one month, when visit on 14.06.09, he misbehaved and deny to give even 50% of the amount . the another problem in the sandle that due to wearing the same, it caused sever pain in heels and middle area of feet and it is untolerable pain while walking with them. even more I offered the dealer that I am ready to bear the loss of 1/2 amount as mentioned in the bill and asked him not to give the money in cash and give me another light weight sancle and just adjust the half of the claim but he denied and misbehaved said "Jao Kahin Bhi chale Jao" and even not accept the sandle for repair also. please look into the matter with the approptiate feedback and action.

Bata Chappalsole is torn

I have been using the BATA chappal "Doctors Scroll for the past so may years. Of late it is observed that the sloe is getting faded within amonth. When the same was asked in the Bata Show room they say it is because of the sweat.

If a chappal costing Rs 1200/- is having this problem I think Bata Company has to stop manufacturing this product.

• Su
                                  sudha s rao Oct 18, 2008

I have been using the BATA chappal "Doctors Scroll for the past so may years.Of late it is observed that the sloe is getting faded within amonth.When the same was asked in the Bata Show room they say it is because of the sweat.

• Go
                                  Gowri Mar 31, 2010

Most preferred Slipper brand?

A) Bata

B) Paragon

C) Lehar

D) Others

Hi Friends, You can vote and express your views about this poll by clicking following URL Link:

(If the link doesn't work while clicking, please copy the above URL and paste it in your web browser address bar.)

For More Polls Visit : www.opinionpoll.in

Your Opinion Matters...

Batabad quality products

I purchased a foot wear from Bata, Vazhuthacaud, Trivandrum on 28/06/2007. I wore it continuously for four days. On the third day onwards it started itching on the leg. The next day the itching was unbearable and so to discontinue the use of the footwear. The footwear was the make of Comfit and it cost Rs. 500/-. I took the footwear for replacement to the showroom on 05/07/2008, but the manager of the showroom said they had no provision for replacement for allergy, but only for manufacturing defect.

Batadefective chappal

I purchased bata Dr scholl's at 5 th Nov '07 from shop no.5 krishana Kutir, station rd Andheri (w), cost of chappal is Rs. 1199, but I feel very uncomfortable because of shoe bite,& now I can't wear it, it appears defective piece because shape of one chappal is different, I just want to replace my chappal kindly help me. thanking you

• Ab
                                      abhinav malik Sep 21, 2009

sir

I have purchased a BATA chappal 2 months back, and it had developed some cracks

This is not expected from a company like bata

For years, my family and me are using your products, but after this incidence we are loosing faith in the company

revert awaited

Abhinav Malik
                                      [protected]@yahoo.co.in

• Ri
                                      RITU KAPUR Dec 16, 2009

Sir,

I purchased a pair of Dr.Scholl's sandals on 15-07-09 from 2342-43 A.K Road, Karol Bagh.N.Delhi.
                                      The sandals became so loose after 60 days of use and I went to the store in R.N. Bazar, Jammu, to register a complaint. I have made 5 such trips to the store but there never is anyone in authority to register a complaint. I am always told to come at a later date.

Please advise on action to be taken as the sandals are not giving the comfort they are advertised for. As also the softness at the heel has disappeared which causes discomfort.

Ritu Kapur
                                      ritu.[protected]@gmail.com

• A0
                                      a'bad Oct 18, 2010

My Bata Shoes Have poor Quality I Have to change it

Bata India Ltd — poor quality shoes - hush puppies

Hello, I have been a loyal customer of Bata now for last 25 years. I had purchased a pair of Hush Puppie...

Batapoor service!

I am from bangalore. Last month I happened to see a discount sale up to 50% board outside a bata showroom. I went inside and started having a look at the shoes on which there was discount up to 50%.

I noticed that the material which was being displayed are of poor quality and out dated design. Only specific sizes are available. If you like a particular design then you may have to sacrifice it as they do not have discount on other sizes of the same model. For example, if you have selected a shoe of 10'size, you have to take it if you want discount, even though your actual foot size may be greater than or lesser than 10".

Most importantly, the total concept of discount is farce. New rates are pasted on the stocks which are not sold for quite some time. I noticed that the shoes which I had purchased had a old price sticker for Rs. 790/- and new price sticker for 1399/- was pasted just beside the old one. The dealer had given me a bill for 790/- and said that you have got 40% discount which is totally misguiding the customer.

Very poor service!

Bata India Limited - Bata Shoesunsatisfactory service

I had purchased a pair of shoe a few months ago from your Ghatkopar West Branch, Mumbai. On trying at home, I found that the shoes are smaller by one size and immediately I went for exchange of the same. From the very day, I have been informed that the required size is not available in the shop and I that I may have to go for some other choice which is available in the shop. I was stunned to hear the reply and not only that whenever I go to find out whether the required size is available, I get the same response every time. And, whenever I visited, I notice that they take the inventory of the stock instead of attending to the customer. Now that I have no option except to approach to the Consumer Grievances Redressal Forum.

• Pa
                                          Parth Kabra Jun 10, 2009

To
                                          The Managing Director
                                          Bata India
                                          R|sir

I am a student of Rajkumar College Raipur (C.G) studing in class 7th . I had purchased a sport shoe from Chhindwara bata shop near government girls college in the month of April . I have used the shoe only for a month and i found that the soel of the shoe was damaged and also the inner soel.
                                          i wonder how bata shoes are not durable . Please see that the name of your reputed company should not spoil . If you canhelp me please help in replacing the shoe

Thanking you