Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Banks Bank of America scam and abuse!

Bank of America  - scam and abuse!

Author of the complaint
1:12 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Helpful? 0 0

More Bank of America complaints & reviews

Bank of America - Incompetent Department and Service
Bank of America - claims department
Bank of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers
Bank of America - bad customer service
232 comments
Apr 21, 2020 1:12 am

BEWARE... CASH APP/ guy pretending to be agent with cash app customer service has got into my account stoled my bank information and requested money from all my contacts thousands of dollars as if it was me? he took $600 from my daughters ACCOUNT WIPED MY BANK OFF MY CASH APP PUT His bank of America account ending in 0119 transfer funds from my daughter account to this account with Bank of America. his name is Romeo//he has accent could be Iranian indian/African American/ their are two other guys working with him Michael/Robert Sims/so phone number they call from [protected]...they are in one room all doin fraud...off peoples accounts..

Nov 21, 2018 1:12 am

This is about fraudulent charges on my credit card

Nov 21, 2018 1:12 am

Phone no.[protected], [protected], [protected] Florida and [protected] Las Vegas NV This is for fraugulent charges against by credit card. Thank you Pjil Middletonb 3.9ij

Oct 23, 2017 1:12 am

They are the mafia bank they need to be broken up and put under federal reserve as bank of the united states

Sep 26, 2017 1:12 am

I received a call from michael anderson, [protected], who claimed to be a customs officer in las vegas. he informed me that I am a bank of america lottery winner. he told me to call bank of america in california at [protected] for a wire transfer code and a pin number. I called and received a recorded message saying they were holding 20 million dollars in an account for me. michael anderson said I need to pay 1% of 20 million dollars ($2000.00) in time payments or cash, to mr. bill bradley, president of the federal trade commission, for a final approval stamp. once the fee is paid, I can then go to the bank of america and pick up my money. the bank of america in my area said this is a scam. mr. bill bradley called my home at 10:25 a. m. today. I asked him to put notification of my award winnings in writing and transfer the money to the local bank of america in my area. i'm still waiting...

Jul 28, 2017 1:12 am

For the last two weeks I have been receiving calls from a mr peterson mega millions saying that I had won $5 mollion dollars, [protected]. has called five times yesterday and four times today. yesterday he gave me a phone number for bank of america and told me to select option #3. the out going message then says that your phone# is recognized and them congratulates me on winning $20 million. i'm upset because they are using the bank's name the phone # that I was given is [protected].

G
Feb 07, 2017 1:12 am

On 1-31=17 l received a bank draft from citibank for the sale of my motorcycle, l called their automated system and check # [protected] for $ 4200.00 is not on their list of bank checks. l deposited it into my checking account on monday 2-7-17 if the check is no good do l get charged and how do l get this guy thrown in jail charles papp. [email protected] rr.com [protected], l still have the bike, l was waiting for the check to clear.

Aug 23, 2016 1:12 am

I agree 100%

Aug 12, 2016 1:12 am

YES they did since the last 20-years. First I didn’t believe this story people shared online. After more evidences are collected and analyzed I am so convinced that Banks scammed, misled, stolen and control our politicians. These crooks are too clever, they own the majority U.S. trial courts and courts of appeals to give us a run-around. Banks hire corrupt lawyers inside out the courts (using the stolen moneys called lobbyist moneys) to give the impression that they use the right codes to dismiss cases, and they never want to go through trial for fearing the truth will reveal their secrecy. This affects the productivity of the country. WE’VE BEEN RIPPED OFF NOT ONLY ON OUR MORTGAGE, BUT ON OUR RETIREMENT AS WELL since the inception of Fannie-May Freddy-Mac, of the last 20 years to 2008 and more rip-off ahead. Attached are shared links I received via network, feel free to share. BANKS MOVE OUR RETIREMENT TO LEND TO US. Don’t jump to conclusion so quick on your 401k, IRA etc, if your numbers look good, that’s because Banks controls our 401k moneys, they give fictitious numbers on our reports like Bernard Madoff did to make believe you are not being scammed, but you will discover the truth sooner or later and no courts could help you. We all are victims of the 1%; Hillary will win because the %1 paid to have her do the dirty work for them, Learn their secrecy of stealing here and how corrupt authorities will bring America the ending calamity ahead: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aqs7zg7dRLmHaiosKlumjfcYTQk

B
Mar 28, 2016 1:12 am

After my online banking session, BofA took me to a survey page & mentioned they are giving a free gift for taking survey. After survey, I selected a pendant for my wife. It said there is a S&H charge of 5.99. I paid using my credit card. After 15 days I saw a charge of 98$ on my credit card. I asked the company which sent the pendant why they charged 98$. They mentioned in terms of agreement it is written if I don't like the gift, I've to return it back within 14 days. Otherwise they will charge 98$. BofA has agreements with such Scammers, stealers, etc. I called their customer care, they mention put a complaint online. If you take a survey & rewarded for time you take, I don't understand why they advertise they are giving free gift when it is not FREE. Nothing is free in this world. Don't ever fall for these FREE stuff. That too from BoFA. They are the ultimate fraudsters.

Dec 14, 2015 1:12 am

On September 15 2015 my debit card was compromise due to a data compromise and I get fraud emails and cell phone calls stateding they are from the Bank of America fraud department

R
Dec 07, 2015 1:12 am

When notified that the elite rewards program was ending, I immediately checked my account. I was able to purchase $100 gift cards to Macy's. Today I attempted to use two of the cards. BOTH of them were no good - no money on either one! This was the first time I attempted to use them.

Oct 05, 2015 1:12 am

I received a call this morning saying that BA thanking me for telling them for telling of my travel plans. The thing is I do not have BA account, my phone # is [protected] Wesley J Salter.

Today I was checking my bank of America on-line transactions and saw one that I
wanted to inquire further so I clicked "on-line chat", who ever I was chatting with must have been located in a third world country. The English language was terrible to say the least. I was "HUMBLE requested to contact customer service . Humble!
Is this the norm for BofA to use a third world non English speaking people?

D
Dec 19, 2011 1:12 am

i refinanced with a different bank on nov 23rd 2011 bank of america says they sent my escrow balance refund on dec 8th and
today is dec 20th and i have yet to received my refund .bank of america simply is the worst bank, even to refinance they offer the highest percentages and they make you buy points to get the best rates even with high credit scores . i would talk anyone out of
banking with b of a.

Oct 16, 2011 1:12 am

Not only are the poorest in customer service. Bank of Abuse (Bank of America) decided to close my account after a year for my having bad credit. Their so called consumer affairs simply decided to close all of my accounts and held thousands of dollars until they decided out of their ### to release my funds leaving my family pennyless for days. This is not the end Bank of America a lawsuit is coming your way!

R
Sep 27, 2011 1:12 am

BANK OF AMERICA HAS FORGED MY NAME TO DOCUMENTS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DEFRAUDING ME OF MY HOME .THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE RICO ACT < FRAUD FOR PROFIT> I HAVE BEEN LIED TO /MISSLEAD /BY NUMEROUS BANKSTERS FOR PROFIT, THEY HAVE DEFRAUDED NEARLY 8 MILLION PEOPLE OF THERE HOMES .THEY ARE LIARS, CROOKS, AND THIEVES . BOA NEEDS TO FAIL TOTALLY. THERE ARE TO MANY LIES TO LIST HERE .IT WOULD TAKE A BOOK.

0 0

Bank of America post debits before credits incredible and charge you a fee. I cannot wait for tomorrow to close out my accounts. Thee worst bank ever will not return

E
Jul 22, 2011 1:12 am

I made a payment and they send it back! Then put my loan in default. When I call them about this no body knows anything. No one seems to want to explain why this happened?

This bank should burn down! Mafia!

Jun 21, 2011 1:12 am

So three days before our buyers walk through and settlement, the Bank of America foreclosed house next door burns down! If they had taken care of this house e.g. mowed the lawn this would not have happened. If I lose this sale I am going to sue BOA! Yes, it would be preferable to have a vacant lot than an empty house, but it BOA going to clean up the mess ? If they couldn't mow the lawn I doubt it.

G
May 25, 2011 1:12 am

My father currently received a statement from CACH, LLC in regards a Bank Of America credit card notice. As I had written the law firm to let them know my father no longer has this account, this account was in my name (daughter) and they are continously to harrass my dad when I BEEN PAYING THE BILL. I worked for Bank Of America but I have never seen some desperate people thats so unprofessional in the law world.

May 11, 2011 1:12 am

I am on the national do not call registry and have very few calls anymore. Lately every single caller has begun by saying my name is so+so and I represent the bank of america then procedes to try to sell me insurance or some kind of investment when asked if it is b of a selinng the item the answer is always no. I try to complain to bank of america but it is impossible to get to anyone always get transfered or cut off.

B

I had an account since 1987 with BofA. I was unaware that they phased on the Elite Rewards program. I had 160, 000 points available and now they claim there is nothing they can do. I think they can and I am going to continue to pursue. They supposedly notified all cardholders by mail. I do all correspondence with Bof A electronically as I travel every week. This is BS

Feb 25, 2011 1:12 am

I have had the Dis-pleasure of being a victim of these crooks...only by default of Countrywide was I snached up by these predetors...I have been batteling with the most incompitant and deceptive individuals from the executive asst.to the CEO to the non-english speaking phone slave...I just cant believe nothing can be done in 16 months...these pathetic excuses of human beings are just crooks...Thanks

S

BOA has continued to insist I did not pay my mortgage in Aug 2009 even though I have sent them copies of every check for 2009 & copy of letter from my bank assuring that this check was cashed ! Yesterday received letter from BOA indicating they are calling my mortgage note & demanding payment by 2-11 or they will start forcloser - I have worked with CCCS, legal aid, to many letters & calls to BAC without any results - please help me !,

E
Feb 01, 2011 1:12 am

When I use my debit card on line BOA put a stop payment on all my transactions. When I call them they say i placed them when i did not. They do not know how this happens. Beware BOA has a hacker on staff someone needs to get the feds on this.

Jan 04, 2011 1:12 am

I am tired of Bank of Americas way of business, I deposited money into my account and how is it that i have a hold on part of my money so it made my account over draft. It's not right. i could understand if i didn't deposit enough that i could understand.

Jan 04, 2011 1:12 am

i am tired of the way bank of america does there banking, and custmer service treats you like a little child and there mommy yelling at you how is it you deposit money and there is a hold but your account over drafts

0 0

A few months ago bank of america allowed someone in Orlando to loot my bank account while I live in palm beach and refused to reimburse me. they are claiming that I did the fraud my self or that I know the person who did it. I talked to a lawyer but he charged $375 per hour and I can't afford it. If anyone can know a lawyer who can help to take case on contingent, please help!

Oct 17, 2010 1:12 am

nothing butthe run around and lies from bank of america this company should not be allowed to do business in the United States. lost paper work, mixed in with another loan, lies, lies, lies, stall tactics and then denied. Bank of America should change name to Bank of the Scam and Stall. Jim White [protected]

A
Oct 04, 2010 1:12 am

Bank of America attempted twice to take $9, 680 out of my checking account (I am not with this bank and haven't been since 1998 or 1999) I've called several times to the bank to try to resolve this matter with no resolution . I want to know first of all why was this bank trying to take thousands of dollars from my account . I need some answers, because I don't want this to ever happen again, either to me or anyone else .

May 17, 2010 1:12 am

I have an HSA with BOA. The customer service is almost non exsistent. I have been trying for 2 days to speak to someone as it appears I am locked out of my account. I want to deposit money in and can not get in to do so. There is no e-mail contact and I have been on hold for at least an hour at a time trying to get through before I don't have the time anymore.

C
May 03, 2010 1:12 am

Thrusday, 11/19/2009 at11:44am I made a withdrawal from my checking account from your branch at 4103 Western Ave. Los Angeles Ca. Requested eight hundred dollars, six hundred dollars in one hundred dollar bills, two hundred in fifties. It's hard to believe, you being a full service bank, ran out fifty dollars bills per teller, Tran 00027. If I can't come to a bank for service where do the community go from here?

Apr 16, 2010 1:12 am

Went to a bank in a town i just moved in and they told me i could not open a checking account due to the check system. Bank Of America should not be able to blackball a persons future banking with other banks of prefferred choice by placing your name and social security number in a ChexSystems...The first I heard the problem, but a hard and embarrassing way to find out.

Apr 07, 2010 1:12 am

I had an account in Bank of America I dont owe them money and they wont let me get my sons SSI check out. I have fought and fought them, now I have been evicted and have no power. My sons disabled and we are in the truck, no a/c in the driveway. Risk dept tells lies about a supervisor and all. BANK OF AMERICA NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN...

0 0

I was notified by the Indiana Attorney General that I had unclaimed property in the amount of $1.000. and that Bank of America had the money (bond) I sent the IAG the necessary info they required. They inturn forwarded this info to BA. This was approx 3 months ago. I have called BA but they have not responded What do I need to due.

S
Mar 13, 2010 1:12 am

Am unemployed. Have auto deposit unemployment which would be been deposited to my Bank of America checking account at 0001 hours on 7 July 2009. Woke up this morning to find that Bank of America had processed payments PRIOR to crediting the deposit, taking $280.00 (8 overdraft fees @ $35.00 each) from my account, leaving only $6.09 for me to live on. I request that the $280.00 be credited to my account immediately.

Mar 10, 2010 1:12 am

If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit against Bank of Americas property claims dept. let me know. Id like to be included in it.
Email is [email protected]
Bank of Americas property claims dept. is the most disorganized people ive ever dealt with. Everyone you talk to has a different answer on why they wont release money that is to be used to repair your home or business that insurance has already paid you for.

O
Feb 28, 2010 1:12 am

Three times within the last several months, BOA charged my accounts with service charges causing me to be in overdraft. One being my savings. $12.95 for not maintaining a certain balance. This was out of the blue seeing as though I had not had this so-called balance for many months. They also charged my joint account $5.95 for months for the same reason. Gee, I thought it was "free checking".

K

THIS COMPANY WAS BAIL-OUT BY OUR TAXPAYING MONEY, i made a settlement agreement back in june of 09 they accepeted this but two months later they started calling and sending letters informing me that they never agree to this and that i still owe the balance of this account plus interest and it had to be paid in full within 30 days . just wondering if anybody else had a similar situation

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1339 complaints