Bank of Americaincreased interest rate/decreased credit limit

Bank of "America"? Please! I have never dealt with a company more UN-American in their overall business philosphy than Bank of "America". Their business motto appears to be screw the consumer every which way they can, take their tax dollars, and ruin credit scores. It is my firm belief that this major corporation has no appreciation or respect for their customers, even those who have perfect credit with the company. I pay my credit card bill on time every month (NEVER late!), have NEVER gone over my credit limit, more often than not pay more than the minimum amount due, and haven't charged anything in many, many months in an effort to get out of debt. Unfortunately they also hold the mortgage on my home as they purchased the original mortgage company my home was financed by. Again, NEVER late on a mortgage payment, and often pay additional towards the balance due. What's my reward for being a good customer with this company for in excess of 10 years? My credit limit on my credit card has been reduced and my interest rate increased for no reason several times in the past couple of years, which in turn raises my debt to available credit ratio, which in turn lowers my credit score, which could subsequently prevent me from obtaining credit elsewhere to pay off my debt with this company. All while Bank of "America" owes "America" billions of dollars and their corporate managers receive sizeable bonuses? Is this their ultimate long-range business plan? Can we say SCAM?? As I told an agent with Bank of "America" today, I WILL pay the company every dime I owe them, I WILL attempt to get my home refinanced and pay my hard-earned money to a more deserving financial institute, and once that is accomplished I will NEVER do business with Bank of "America" again. I encourage others to do the same. Let's give this company a taste of their own vile medicine!

As for the recent credit card reform act, well, needless to say it has, from my viewpoint and that of many others I know, done more harm than good. Many of the credit card companies merely got their top weasels together to find ways around the new law, and have done so quiet successfully, all to the detriment of consumers. Hooray for us!