Menu
A&W Restaurants Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

A&W Restaurants
reviews & complaints

awrestaurants.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 197 Reviews

A&W Restaurants Complaints Summary

9 Resolved
186 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from A&W Restaurants with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for A&W Restaurants has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of A&W Restaurants. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

U
3:32 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Food scraps

January 9, 2023 at approximately 11:30 am

We got take out from A&W, Hwy 3, Princeton BC. We discovered once we were home that our onion rings appear to be the shrapnel from the bottom of the bin. Virtually all of them were just broken pieces and half of them stuck together in clumps, and all cold and soggy. None of it was eatable at all. See Photo.

11:01 am EST

A&W Restaurants The kicked me out of the restaurant in Blind River

Today in the morning people who works in A&W kicked me out of the restaurant because they said I've not right to be there. Also they said i stole the keys of the restaurant from the hands of my wife when I was trying to help her to get soon to our house. The are being mean all the time with the clients and the personal telling them they are obligated to stay more time

8:27 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Poor service, rude staff

Today, January 1st we attended the A&W on Hwy 38, just south of Hwy 401. As we entered we reviewed the menu and noted that it said "all day breakfast" at this location. So we asked for 2 breakfasts and the female cashier said they do not provide breakfast after 11 am. We pointed to the sign and she still said "nope" we do not serve breakfast after 11. We asked why it was on the sign, however she refused to acknowledge the question, and stated that it was not available and we had to order a lunch menu item. As I am gluten free, this does not help me much as I cannot have the bun, and did not want a slab of meat on a slice of lettuce to sustain me for breakfast.

She was very rude, dismissive and not helpful AT ALL! This location continues to decline in service and quality of the meals they are providing and I am surprised that nothing can be done to improve it?!

Desired outcome: Please contact us to discuss this, thanks. We would like clarification as to why it is being advertised when it is clearly not availabel?

B
1:58 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Over charged..no receipt in the bag

I ordered a Teen burger( no pickle) a Mama Burger w cheese and 2 onion rings at Fairview Park Mall, Kitchener..about 1:10 pm. Dec 6th 2022

The girl charged me $29.01 paid with my debit card..seemed pretty high..and I told her that. I thought I'd check it out when I got home..but..no receipt in the bags. My wife loves the Teen burgers and I was hungry too so I left without looking in the bags.

My math shows it should've been $24.08 including taxes. I'd like my $5.00 pls.

Desired outcome: Pls refund ..I was over charged.

L
2:52 pm EST

A&W Restaurants National Service Dog and Veteran refused entry

28 Nov 2022 @ 1100am walked into A&W on Ottawa St in Kitchener, Ontario

I was immediately confronted by woman behind counter saying that if my Service Dog is not 'REAL' it is not allowed on the premises. I asked her to read the vest and she repeated if it's not 'REAL' it can't be there. We have ID but she never asked for it, just kept challenging us. I decided to leave and went to Mel's Diner instead for REAL better food and service.

Desired outcome: Apology

1:13 am EST

A&W Restaurants A&W Warden and 401 Scarborough

I order my food service is good.

I received my order 2x spicy chicken wraps and fries with gravy and water.

First bite of the fries they are stale.

I bring them back and request a fresh batch. 1 min latter here you go thank you I drive off 3 min I bite into the first chicken wrap also old and stale.

It's annoying to pay $13 dollars and change for old stale food. I remember the good old days when restaurants took pride in every meal they put out. Now it's just a job and none cares. Part of the reason Canada Ontario is falling apart.

All our food franchise sell out to the highest buyer. No more Mom and Pa shops just big corps that only care about profit margins.

Desired outcome: I just want my money back so I can spend it with a business that takes pride in their company.

M
12:51 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Cashier rude and impatient

My friend and I attended a Kiosk A&W located in Shoppers Mall Brandon, Manitoba (1570 18th Street) Saturday November 12, 2022 @ 4:00 PM approximately Manitoba time. The cashier was a middle aged male Asian in appearance. We ordered our food and drink items. I was about to pay for our order via debit when my friend wanted to see if she had a coupon on her phone. It took a bit longer than it should of and the cashier impatiently said, "you can't hold my line." In hindsight, my friend and I should of got out of the line, found the coupon and then rejoined the line. There was a total of four people in line and I get why the cashier was annoyed but still shouldn't have been said. We left and bought our stuff from another business. On a positive note, we have attended many of A&WS and generally has been positive.

Desired outcome: At the very least, this cashier should be written up with this complaint or any other similar infractions on his employee record.

8:43 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Rude Service & Safety Concern

I am sitting in your restaurant In Edmonton, On Whyte Ave. I sat down to eat, the only one here and one of the employees comes directly to the area Im sitting it and starts heavily spraying some type of cleaner, so thick I choked and could taste it, I asked her to not continue to spray it while I’m eating and she wrinkles her face and says it’s just sanitizer, and proceeds to continue to spray the same table and then goes to the one behind me and continues. I have never been subjected to such rude treatment while I am in a restaurant and don’t appreciated having to pay almost $20 for food that I can’t eat now because all I can taste is sanitizer. Thanks a lot. What a total witch. Maybe I should spray chemicals on her food and see how she likes it, when she chokes I’ll just crinkle my face and say it’s nothing. Gross. Never wasting my time to return.

Desired outcome: Kinda late now.

1:16 am EDT

A&W Restaurants Wrong order

Oct 16 A&w # 0338 Surrey

Order # 265

Cashier SU#2PM

Hi,

The only reason I am complaining because I’m a vegetarian person who ordered beyond meat burger and found bacon in it without even asking. I understand some people ask for add ons but I never did . I ordered it in drive thru and opened it at home thats why I didn’t get a chance to show them what kind of service they are doing.Thank God I have my receipt with me to proof I never asked for bacon . This was very disappointing. Please train your employees properly.

Desired outcome: RefundBetter Management and trained employees

Read full review of A&W Restaurants and 1 comment
1 comment
Joy Weck
Alliston, CA
Oct 20, 2022 6:06 pm EDT

Had mushroom mozzarella bugers...extremely salty, not much flavour. Ordered blueberry turnovers... apparently they no longer have this item. Ordered a mix berry shake...no longer have this item either. Will not be eating here again. Alliston A and W

6:03 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants 45 minute drive through to get a Teen Burger

I just returned from your A&W on Highway 10 in Cloverdale. BC. It took me 45 minutes to get my Teen Burger through the drive through. New record by a country mile! I asked the cashier when I got to the pickup window and she said sorry, we are short staffed. I asked how many staff they had working and she said 3! (One was training). One working up front and two cooking. On a mid day Saturday with a $3.99 teen burger sale? This is the worst run store ever and the worst service ever! The owner should be fined for running a store like this. Totally unacceptable. Brutal. I will never go back to this A&W store.

Desired outcome: Get a new owner who can run a store!

3:48 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants A&W on 101street and Whyte Ave and

We, my husband and I stopped at this place for breakfastSept 16, 2022 10:45am today. I had to use the women rest room and when I walk in there was such an foul smell that when I looked into one of the stalls the was human waste on the seat as well as a shoe print on the seat cover. The other stall did not have a proper lock that you could see the person in that stall. There was toilet paper on the floor and the mirror was disgusting with dirt. Floors were really dirty. Then my husband went to the mens rest room. There he found that the urinals was filthy and the plumbing did not work. As well there was toilet paper scattered all over the floor. When we got our meal delivered to us by the manager we mentioned to him, have you checked your rest rooms lately and reply was" oh I will go and see." Nothing was done. We have never , ever, experienced any of your A & W restaurants like this! We did not enjoy our our breakfast at all. We were looking forward to leaving this place as soon as possible because even where we dine was not clean. Perhaps you should have a secret inspection. I hope you make an effort to check this place out. So sad because we do enjoy you food.

Regards

Rachelle and Austin Strandberg

RR1, Site 114, Comp 11

Alberta Beach, Albert

T0E 0A1

My email is [protected]@gmail.com

Phone number if you would like to chat [protected]

Desired outcome: We would like to know what the out come of this issue.

Read full review of A&W Restaurants and 1 comment
1 comment
DisgustedCustomeronWhyteAve
Edmonton, CA
Oct 21, 2022 8:55 pm EDT

I am currently at this same AW and have just posted a complaint regarding the use of chemicals in the dining area while I’m eatting,,,I’m so sick to my stomach and all I can taste is chemicals on my food and milkshake. It’s so gross, the staff here just don’t get it. Since when do you do this kind of cleaning during the dinner hour? Now they have come into the dining area with dirty brooms and kicking up all the dust while people are eating. They just don’t get it.

I was into the bathroom before eating and it is gross as well. Never returning, they can’t hire people with enough smarts to know when to clean and when not too kick up dust while people eat.

A
8:08 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Beyond Cheese Burger combo with Root Beer and fries

Date : Sep, 2022

Time : 3:58:23 PM

Location : 72 Ave, Surrey, BC

I ordered drive-through Beyond cheese burger combo with root beer and fries. Food was not warm and fresh.It looked like the food was cooked 30-35 minutes ago. Especially the fries were absolutely cold and hard. I hope this problem will be addressed and it will not happen again. Thank you

Amrit Brar

8:45 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants A and W grass Valley ca

What a filthy Dump! Today 8/12/2022 A and W root beer Nevada City Hwy Grass Valley . We walked in and waited 5 minutes and they looked at us and kept talking to each other. We ordered our food and when I sat down I sat on a dirty chair with ice cream on it. Then noticed the red booth chairs were black with dirt and dried food. When I asked the lady about cleaning it she looked at me like you got to be joking. Half of the seating area was roped off and a employee had his head down sleeping atlleast their area was clean. One bathroom said out of order yet the employees kept using it. I walked in the other one and the floor was covered with dirty tissue paper and iron was all over the floor . A and W puts customers LAST will never come back and will make sure none of my students don’t ever eat ther. A Bd W was once a American Favorite and now it’s a Shameful Dump!

Desired outcome: Lost cause They don’t care

B
1:22 am EDT

A&W Restaurants Food

I palce an order of 38.65 this afternoon at A&W location 45th Street South Wasaga Beach. I waited for more than 24 minutes to get my order. And after waiting for so long when I got my order everything was really cold and onion rings were so greasy. And instead of sweet potato fries, they give me the regular. Very disappointed. But I was starving and cannot wait again in the line for another half an hour. So I just ate it. But the food was really cold. And everyone was really rude. No apology, no nothing

12:05 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Service

As I write this- we are in Indianapolis Indiana. I went shopping in the circle center mall and stopped at the A&W that is located inside of the mall. The countergirl NEVER said hello, may I help you? Or anything. She did not even smile. She has been on her phone the ENTIRE time I have been sitting here. The lady working in the grill area is doing EVERYTHING herself. Not good business or attitude to have. We came here from Michigan for this? SAD!

Desired outcome: I would like a refund

8:14 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Food quality and presentation

May 30th at 11:30am we entered the En Route off the 400N in Barrie

This en route had A&W, Popeyes, Tim Horton and go fresh outlet. It was over 15 years that we had a meal at A&W. but the tv commercials convinced us to try it. we ordered 2 teen burgers, 1 fry, 1 coke….. The burgers was falling apart

it look as if it had been thrown into the wrapper, it was barely warm. The tomato and lettuce were not placed on the bun but rather at the bottom of the wrapper.

The fries were dry, looked and tasted like it was the 10th frying of these potatoes…also served barely warm.

We definitely will not go back to A&W…it was very disappointing and never again.

8:01 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Drive through

I am writing because I am very annoyed with the A&W at 2 Hebert Rd, St. Albert, AB T8N 5T8. For some reason it takes for ever to order and receive at their drive through. Today I waited 10 minutes before I decided to drive away. When I arrived, people were already waiting so imagine how long that client was at the receiving window. This is unacceptable. I don’t understand why it takes them so long to make a few burgers and fries. It wasn’t as bad about 6 months or so ago. The other A&W near the Costco on St Albert trail processes you order in no time like it should be.

Desired outcome: Change the staff. Train them. Have a manager who knows what he/she is doing.

11:58 am EDT

A&W Restaurants Breakfast - service

Ordered an all Canadian this morning to go. For starters they had no sausage- which the server told me upfront and did offer extra bacon which I accepted. I asked for scrambled eggs and white toast. Aftere a considerable wait the server came out with an eat in order with fried eggs and brown toast. I requested what I ordered. Server then brought out a take out order. When I got to my car i realised the toast was brown and there was no hashbrown. Went back in to the store and requested hash browns. Was informed ther were no hashbrowns left! Server asked if I would like fries or onion rings instead- I reluctantly agreed to onion rings. server then brought out a package with fries and 3 grease soaked onion rings mixed. He said they didnt have enough onion rings- was this ok? I was not about to cause a scene or crap on a probably 16 yr old kid in a somewhat busy retaurant who in all honesty was probably trying to do the best with what he had- so I accepted. Needless to say the onion rings were terrible. The whole process took 26 minutes. I would also like to mention there were 3 people served after me who were not happy with the length of time their orders were taking and voiced their opinion.

Desired outcome: Minimally I would like a refund. Also a gift card in an amount you would consider fair

3:20 am EDT

A&W Restaurants Chicken burgers and lots of burgers and french fries

Chicken burgers and lots of burgers and french fries. BMW 1308 Spruce Grove 18 West Way Rd. T7X3X3 Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 12:42 AM cashier RAMNEEK. Cooks name is unknown. Every time I go here and order a matzo burger combo or a chicken burger combo something is done to my food every single time either the chicken will be raw in the middle or the burger will be right in the middle or it will be dumped with overloaded salt on the fries or burger or they will derniers sit on the burger and squish it down so much that I don’t even know it’s a burger anymore. This is happened on multiple occasions I’ve had enough of it. I don’t know what the outcome or the reason for this is but I do know that I am very disappointed and sicken by it and the employees behind it. I will keep my documentation and keep taking pictures and notes. If this continues to happen I will take legal actions. In the picture below is just part of the most recent order burger cooked on one side. And extremely salty. As with the chubby chicken that I ordered on this meal, I replace the bun with one of my own and cook the chicken burger for another 90 seconds in the microwave. And was still rubbery attached will be a picture of it even after the 90 seconds in my microwave

Desired outcome: Fired or charged

M
11:34 am EDT

A&W Restaurants A&W in Baldwin WI

Last year I had some problems with the food at the A&W in Baldwin WI and I was given a refund by the manager there I have not been back there in a while last Friday on April 15th of this year I went through the drive thru at the A&W in Baldwin WI that same manager that gave me the refund before was at the drive thru window she asked me in a very rude way are going to have any problems with our food that was a very rude thing to say you don't talk to customers that way. I talked to the owner of the A&W he acted like he didn't care at all and was rude to me and hung up on me I will never go to another A&W again or buy any of their products you don't treat people this way.

A&W Restaurants In-depth Review

Overall Rating: A&W Restaurants is a fantastic dining option that offers delicious food, excellent service, and a pleasant atmosphere. With its wide range of menu options, affordable prices, and commitment to customer satisfaction, it's no wonder why this restaurant is a favorite among many.

Menu Variety and Quality: A&W Restaurants boasts an impressive menu that caters to all taste preferences. From classic burgers and hot dogs to mouthwatering chicken and seafood dishes, there is something for everyone. The quality of the food is exceptional, with fresh ingredients and flavorful seasonings that will leave you craving for more.

Service Efficiency and Friendliness: The staff at A&W Restaurants are known for their efficiency and friendliness. They go above and beyond to ensure that customers are served promptly and with a smile. Whether you're dining in or ordering takeout, you can expect top-notch service that will make your experience enjoyable.

Ambiance and Cleanliness: A&W Restaurants prides itself on providing a clean and inviting atmosphere for its customers. The dining areas are well-maintained and the decor creates a cozy and welcoming ambiance. You can dine in comfort knowing that cleanliness is a top priority at this establishment.

Pricing and Value for Money: A&W Restaurants offers great value for money with its affordable prices. The portion sizes are generous, ensuring that you get your money's worth. Whether you're on a budget or looking for a satisfying meal without breaking the bank, this restaurant is a fantastic choice.

Location and Accessibility: A&W Restaurants has conveniently located branches that are easily accessible. Whether you're in the city or the suburbs, you can find a location near you. The restaurants are situated in areas with ample parking and are easily reachable by public transportation.

Online Ordering and Delivery Options: A&W Restaurants understands the importance of convenience and offers online ordering and delivery options. You can easily place your order from the comfort of your own home and have it delivered right to your doorstep. This feature is perfect for those busy days when you don't have time to cook.

Special Offers and Promotions: A&W Restaurants frequently runs special offers and promotions that provide customers with even more value. From discounted combo meals to limited-time menu items, there is always something exciting happening at this restaurant. Keep an eye out for these promotions to make the most of your dining experience.

Customer Feedback and Reviews: A&W Restaurants values customer feedback and reviews. They actively listen to their customers' opinions and strive to continuously improve their offerings. You can trust that your voice will be heard and that your dining experience will be taken into consideration.

Social Responsibility and Sustainability Efforts: A&W Restaurants is committed to social responsibility and sustainability efforts. They prioritize using environmentally friendly practices and sourcing ingredients from responsible suppliers. By dining at this restaurant, you can feel good knowing that you are supporting a business that cares about the planet.

Innovation and Technology Integration: A&W Restaurants embraces innovation and technology to enhance the dining experience. They utilize modern systems for online ordering, payment, and loyalty programs. This integration ensures a seamless and convenient experience for customers.

Staff Training and Professionalism: The staff at A&W Restaurants undergo thorough training to ensure professionalism and expertise. They are knowledgeable about the menu, attentive to customer needs, and provide exceptional service. You can trust that you will be well taken care of during your visit.

Food Safety and Hygiene Standards: A&W Restaurants prioritizes food safety and maintains high hygiene standards. They adhere to strict protocols to ensure that all food is prepared and handled safely. You can dine with confidence, knowing that your health and well-being are of utmost importance.

Dietary and Allergen Information: A&W Restaurants understands the importance of catering to dietary restrictions and allergies. They provide detailed information about ingredients and allergens on their menu, allowing customers to make informed choices. Whether you're vegetarian, gluten-free, or have specific dietary needs, you can find suitable options at this restaurant.

Special Accommodations for Disabilities: A&W Restaurants is committed to providing a welcoming environment for all individuals, including those with disabilities. They offer special accommodations such as wheelchair accessibility and assistance for those with mobility challenges. Everyone can enjoy a comfortable dining experience at this establishment.

Local Community Involvement: A&W Restaurants actively participates in the local community. They support local charities, sponsor events, and contribute to community initiatives. By dining at this restaurant, you are supporting a business that gives back to the community.

Business Expansion and Growth: A&W Restaurants has experienced significant business expansion and growth over the years. With new locations opening regularly, more people can enjoy their delicious food and exceptional service. This expansion is a testament to the popularity and success of this restaurant.

Competitor Comparison: A&W Restaurants stands out from its competitors with its unique menu offerings, commitment to quality, and exceptional service. While other fast-food chains may offer similar items, A&W Restaurants sets itself apart with its dedication to customer satisfaction and the overall dining experience.

Loyalty Programs and Rewards: A&W Restaurants offers a loyalty program that rewards customers for their continued patronage. By joining the program, you can earn points with every purchase and redeem them for exclusive discounts and freebies. This program is a great way to show appreciation to loyal customers.

Contact Information and Customer Support: For any inquiries or assistance, A&W Restaurants provides contact information and excellent customer support. Whether you have a question about the menu or need help with an order, their friendly staff is ready to assist you. You can reach out to them via phone or email for prompt and helpful service.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

A&W Restaurants contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with A&W Restaurants?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with A&W Restaurants Customer Service. Initial A&W Restaurants complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for A&W Restaurants above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about A&W Restaurants. Discuss the issues you have had with A&W Restaurants and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.