Menu

V
Author of the complaint
3:54 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Avon misleads its representatives into thinking that they can earn money selling avon products. This is a big fat lie. My credit cards are maxed out, and I have nothing to show for it, and I still owe avon.

I also tried leadership, and this is the worst scam yet. They tell you that all you need is 5 reps. To sign up to sell avon and you're a unit leader. Well if you want to see a check from leadership and keep your unit leader title you have to recruit a ton of people and sell $250 yourself every two weeks, and as a unit sell $1, 200 combined total. You need a ton of people because your entire unit must sell $1, 200 every two weeks. It never happens, so you never see a check.

I busted my behind finding people, put ads in the paper, advertised on my car, spent money on business cards, banners, etc. I got a bunch of naive people like myself to sign up thinking they were about to make lots of money.

Now that i'm in a leadership role, i've got headaches. Calls out the kazoo from these people I recruited for avon. The calls are about simple questions and complaints about avon. My phone is always ringing and I never have any free time. I spend at least 6 hours a day after working a 40 hr job on avon task when I get home. Avon wants you to attend leadership rallies, district meetings, hold open houses, and much more. I work full-time and I have no time at all to baby-sit over 20 reps. To be sure they place orders and pay their account balances. And I have yet to see a check from leadership.

You also have to buy kits to sign-up the people, and you pay for them in advance. Why can't avon perform some of these services? For example, how the people sign-up online, pay the appointment fee, ship them a starter kit and assign them to a leader in their area. Much easier. Lot's of times, I don't feel comfortable going to meet strangers to sign them up for avon, or inviting them into my home. It also makes not since to have to assemble kits to give to people. Avon has online training available; why not require the new recruit to take the training before their account becomes active. It's just stupid the way this process works.

Besides the pyramid scam to recruit more reps. , avon is always running out of products. They advertise stuff in the catalogs, you order it and take the customs money, and then avon tells you sorry we ran out. It'll be 4 - 8 weeks before we get more, or we want be getting any more at all.

So now you as the avon rep. Has to face the angry customer and look foolish and take a lot of back talk from a customer, and refund the money. And you just lost a customer because of this.

Besides this, they offer the reps. An internet website for $7.50 bi-weekly where customers can login and place orders. This is a nightmare. The prices on the products don't show correctly, there's no way to invoice the customer and collect payment, and you get people who search the internet looking for these avon rep. Websites to run scams. They log into, place a big order, and offer to pay by credit card. You take the credit card information and run it through. Avon clears it, then 2 months later, the credit card is reported stolen, the customer is nowhere to be found, and avon charges the rep. For the lost. This has happened to me only once, but it was for $900. Ouch!

I did my part; I used the avon credit card processing toll free number to validate the information and the available credit. Avon gave me an authorization number and I ordered the product and delivered it. So now it's my burden to pay for a stolen credit card that they authorized?

So to pay off the $900 charge back, I returned $900 worth of unsold product I had accumulated over the yeas. Avon quickly punishes me for doing this.

Avon suspended my return privileges. I am no longer allowed to return items for instant credit, because of the large amount of items that I returned. Once again i'm kicked in the a** by avon and out of money again. When I called avon to ask if there was a way to work out payments for the charge back, I was told put it on my credit card and write if off at tax time as a business loss. Let's see if that works. But it's my out of pocket loss.

Right after this happened, I get a call from avon about a customer who has complained that an avon brochure with my name on it has ended up in his driveway and clogged his snow blower. My response was so, what do you want me to do about it. The avon care rep. Tells me that I am no longer allowed to distribute avon brochures in that area and to discontinue the practice of leaving the brochures any where besides the door knob. What!

So let's calculate my losses, avon is having me train over 20 new recruits for free as a unit leader. Avon has gotten $900 out of me for a stolen credit card that they authorized. Avon has suspended my return privileges, and has asked me not to distribute catalogs anymore. So I can't recruit customers, and I can't process returns. But avon wants me to continue selling product to reach honor society and a chance to win a free trip. And they want me to continue recruiting new sales reps. I'm flat broke, tired, and have nothing to show for it. Avon doesn't care.

Do not sell avon if you are trying to make money. You'll lose more than you make.

Helpful? 0 0
187 comments
Aug 03, 2018 3:54 pm

I had to heal skin contamination.
After opening the cosmetic did not notice anything special. after use, the skin began to bake, tears flew from the eyes, the whole skin was red. I went to the doctor, I got an antibiotic and I treated myself for a long time. After putting the cosmetic into the test, it turned out that there are dangerous to health and life of molds and bacteria. Most likely, at the instigation of my friends, I will go to court for compensation from Avon.
I warn everyone against using these cosmetics !

Jun 07, 2017 3:54 pm

I completed the forms for joining Avon a month ago and my leader gave me the catalogue and I started getting orders .when it was about to be month end she told me that we have to place my orders to Avon and I gave her a list of my orders she told me to pay Avon so that they can process my order when I was ready to pay she called me and told me that Avon has delayed with my documents so I don't have an account and I must pay for my order using her account so that I don't lose my customers she never explained to me how Avon works so I paid all the full money without deducting the commission of 25% so I paid a lot and gained nothing coz she then told me that Avon cannot give me my money it stays in the account so my money about 200 rands remained in her account and I paid delivery fee of 20 rands and my order was delivered to her since we used her account I had to use my money again to go and collect my order from her. And until now its over a month I have not received any SMS from Avon showing that I joined and still have no account. I feel cheated.

Jun 24, 2016 3:54 pm

I feel really bad for anyone that has had these type of experiences with AVON. The thing I have noticed is that they have really pushed for the average rep to get people under his or her. And the way they have created this pyramid system, it really doesn't pay to just be a single rep anymore. You do have to have others under you. Single reps that aren't Presidents Club or what have you are really looked down upon. It is sad because I thought the recruiter told me in the beginning, you can run your AVON business any way you wish. Well I cannot put in the time to do all of that recruiting or riding around in my car to take care of my business. It is being done online. The best way I can do this is to heavily promote online. BUT the clincher is that there are soooo many reps doing this already. I do think it is bad that you have to pay for returns (and I have been bitten that way...OUCH!) and books, samples and everything else under the sun. It is hard but I think if you can watch out for pitfalls there are many reps who are doing well. There is the good and there is the nasty. I guess that goes with any business.

Jun 08, 2016 3:54 pm

AVON no longer has phone service for Avon sales representatives. Phone is 3000 miles away in South America...Nothing gets resolved and women in America are being swindled and robbed by "estimates" of our credit cards. Over-charge your credit card by $100 with an "estimate" on Avon order web CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE to complain

Aug 09, 2006 3:54 pm

My husband and I were shopping for a new vehicle on Saturday July 1, 06 and had a salesperson ask us for our credit card to "seal the deal". We had NEVER heard of such a thing and left shortly after to go purchase our vehicle at O'Brien Toyota. We were VERY satisfied with our salesperson there and were NEVER asked to give our credit card to them.

Do you know if asking for a credit card is a practice that we were not aware of? If so, what use is it?
There was only one reason to take our card that we could think of and it was not for good use. If you need the name of our salesperson just ask.

If you could answer this with a satisfying answer I will drop it, otherwise I will continue my quest to find out if this sort of thing happens often and why.

Thank you for any help with this matter,
Diana

May 07, 2011 3:54 pm

My best friend's mother is embarking on another "make money" idea that she seems to have stumbled upon. This is a woman who I've know for 25 years or so, who is very nice but is always broke and trying to find ways to "get rich quick". I sat down with her and told her it was a bad idea, that she'd make more just sticking with her job (aprox. $9/hr.), that it'd be more hours and that she might even lose money. Well she got mad, but I think I'm right this time. She seems to be doing ok with the job.

Anyway, I saw how you have to pay for the products UP FRONT and pay for the advertising. This last part to me was a big no-no. I mean if the company was legit they'd just hire her and pay her a wage/salary. Instead they seem to be willing to take any willing body.

Why? Seems to me there's NO cost to AVON because the "sales rep" pays for everything anyway, the parties, gas, advertising, the product itself! Seems there's everything in it for AVON and she might make $1-2/hr. if she busts her butt at this. Not worth it it seems because the seller is paying themselves a (very small) comission and the company is getting time and labor for free.

So am I right that this is a scam? I mean, she's already shelled out $600 (which she doesn't have) and I told her she'd have to sell over 200 products just to get her upfront expenses back and everything thereafter might make her a couple bucks...maybe, but I still think even if she worked full time or more she'd come out with $100 profit, possibly even lose money or be stuck with things she can't sell or will get screwed by the company on. Not worth it.

Apr 12, 2016 3:54 pm

I have been selling Avon for almost 3 years...yes I have issues with them but honestly its not a perfect world. Im honor society within 1 year..because i worked at it by keeping a schedule and providing stabilty. I dont get rich but i do net profit $800 a month on a good month. Sometimes I order more for myself so i make less...then there are times my sales r down and i bately make $100. I get frusterated bc there is an issue almost everytime..but most times if it comes easy its not worth having! I love my customers and my avon business...i dont do leadership..tried it didnt like it so i settle for mh money i make on ordering! Its not all bad and once you get your loyal customers built up its easy peezy.I guess its really expectations and effort. Any business is going to have issues with returns and billing. Avon is #1 in the world!

N
Apr 06, 2016 3:54 pm

I started selling Avon in 1981. I did well with it because I bought books, handed them out, and then followed up on the orders. If some idiot manager asked me to commit to 50 bottles of cologne I would say NO. I rarely got stuck with orders and I could always send things back that someone didn't want. It's commission based sales. You don't put al your money In their pockets. If you can't even sell Avon than STAY OUT OF SALES. Ofcourse you can make money selling Avon, if you know what the hell you're doing.

G

i started buying avon from carol soucie i have a hard time getting hold of her she put my order in its very frusrating trying to contact her help me my phone no [protected] my email is [email protected] thank you gail nenneau

Mar 01, 2016 3:54 pm

I signed up as a rep for Avon in December 2015. I never heard from anyone in my upline. I ordered samples and brochures to start my business and paid them in full. I then ordered the $35.00 kit and received a bill for $110.23. I contacted them and they told me it's what I owed. I told them to close my acct. and am still waiting.

Aug 17, 2015 3:54 pm

I have been with AVON almost 26 years. I am sorry that your business did not pan out, but is that really AVON's fault or yours? I am also in leadership, if you appoint and train, the checks come. Is there some babysitting, yes there is. But if you train babysitting in minimal. I have made a little off my business and I have made a lot off my business. The amount I made was ultimately determined by my commitment to MY BUSINESS! I find the ones that claim AVON takes their money or double charged them are the ones that don't exactly follow directions. AVON reps are sending their kids to college, building houses, making enough to replace their full time income, and husbands are seeing the potential and joining the team.

0 0

Anybody who is unhappy working for Avon, message me. If you work hard and are not being supported by your up line I will show you an opportunity where you matter so you can start making a successful business for yourself.
-It costs nothing to join
-work as and when you want without being peanalised
-you'll be working with a company that has been debt free and cash rich for over 3 years
-you can recruit and sell product in over 156 countries worldwide
-The company has won the 'Investor's In People' Award
-We care all the way from the top to the bottom

I will answer anything you want to know
One message is all it takes,  [email protected]

Let me show you a company that cares x

Dec 15, 2014 3:54 pm

DONT LET ANYONE PUSH YOU INTO PLACING ORDERS! YOU TAKE YOUR TIME AND FIND CUATOMERA, START IN A GOOD CAMPAIGN AMD MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE TIME TO DO WHATS NECESSARY TO MANAGE YOUR AVON BUSINESS. You have 4 months until Avon deactivates your account. Dont rush...PLAN...ORGANIZE YOURSELF...SCOUT AROUND...ask people in your area if they like Avon...DONT RUSH AND PLACE ORDERS AND DONY BUY THINGS CUSTOMERS HAVENT ORDERED. Read my Blogs below...

Please visit http://bestavondealscanada.blogspot.ca/2014/09/how-where-to-start-with-your-avon.html?m=1. For FULL disclosure on Avon. "Many people join AVON with the intent on not spending any money at all for their business because whoever told them about joining told them they didn't have to. This is very true! But it is also not the whole story.
THE EARNINGS FROM YOUR AVON BUSINESS ARE SUPPOSED TO COVER ANY FURTHER BUSINESS COSTS YOU ENCOUNTER.
THIS IS HOW YOU START A SUCCESSFUL AVON BUSINESS
without putting any of your own money into it."
You can be succeaaful with Avon...you just need to do it properly. Also read this Blog http://bestavondealscanada.blogspot.ca/2014/11/how-to-join-avon-free-dont-spend-any.html?m=1

D

I don't know why so many people are here defending AVON. This was a complaint board, was it not? Why are you here then? If those that are here are wanting to defend Avon, they should be promoting and defending Avon somewhere else. Seems they are only here to promote themselves or bash the people who are hurting.

May 28, 2014 3:54 pm

I just signed with avon for fun/extra money.I can see where people can get into debt issues, however you just have to be smart with your money and not go overboard on brochures.Yes it takes money to make money, but you just have to be realistic.This is my second campaign and while I am just making some fun money, its still money I didnt have before.Also if you dont want leadership responsibilities, please do not build a team, its a committment and the lady my wife and I signed under has been in for years, she does weekly, monthly newsletters plus we have monthly meetings we can attend.Even though we are hobbists we still went through the trainings online so we had some knowledge in case we decide we want a full time career.

L
Mar 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Dear Sir / Madam, my name is Lady Marian Marian offer private loans, commercial and very personal with annual minimum interest rates as low as 2% within 1 year to 40 years of repayment duration period to any part of the world. And We give out loans within the range of $ 2, 000 to $ 100, 000, 000.00 USD.Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our priority, interested persons should contact with us today via Email: [email protected]

S
Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

I have been with Avon for three years now - not in leadership but, simply sales - I do make enough money with Avon to put food on our table, gas in the vehicle, and pay for a lot of little "extras" which is way more than I could do before Avon. You can make money in sales but, you have to follow a SIMPLE plan - continuously add to your customer base, keep your Avon money separate from your personal money (this is one of the biggest culprits causing people to walk away ending up owing Avon money), and work your business like a business instead of something you are just "dabbling"

And, Mr. U R an Avon TROLL - I don't have to prove ### to you by showing you my tax documents - you are simply a bitter man whose wife wasn't successful, and no doubt it is her fault - NOT Avon's...

U
Aug 27, 2013 3:54 pm

This should be an end all comment but I know it won't be because of TROLLS in this case "AVON TROLLS" My wife did avon up until about a month ago. She places an order and to my understanding when I asked her she pays for it up front and has a confirmation number to show this order being place. Just assuming you can't order on credit. So they ship the items she then delivers the items and gets paid for them.

Now avon sends a letter in the mail that she owes them money. WHAT? How is this possible? She has a confirmation number of payment to avon but they claim it never went through. But they sent her the items. So who do you think is a fault here? If you think my wife you're wrong and internet anonymity is the only thing keeping you safe with that thought.

Avon is crooked and the only way you make enough money to float your happy ### to the banks is you are selling an MLM idea to others and getting them to do the hard work you don't have the balls to do yourself. I have a real successful business and building a second one and my wife only done avon because she likes the products.

But this isn't about the products. This is about how avon trolls use their down lines to build their income the only reason it passes for a legal pyramid scheme is there is a useful product that the end user gets. The only proof you can provide that I will accept is your quarterly or yearly tax documents. If you can't provide this then SHUT IT NUFF SAID!

P
Apr 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Wow, I'm really feeling for you and the unfortunate luck you've run into. I'm really sorry. I've been with AVON for 6 campaigns. Heard the bad and the good. I was told and did read that all businesses lose money rather than make money first two years. We have a lot of reps with long time buyers in our area and I'm not the outgoing type to try and venture into another area. The only way I sell is by buying Demos. I only buy Demos and then sell them on Craigslist or on local bulletin boards in my neighborhood. It's not a lot of money, usually only pays for a due bill or two or small groceries but its all I can do at this time and I'm okay with that, especially since it gives me straight up cash in my hands. I don't care to spend money on brochures, samples, tools or any of that other stuff. As long as I'm making enough sales to keep my account active ($50) I'm cool because I grew up with AVON and actually love their stuff. I was never crazy about their jewelry because back in the day, it would turn your ring, neck or ears green but I see it's not like that any more. So I'm going to stick with them just because I love their stuff and it makes me some money. But I really do feel for those looking to make REAL money because I know it's a lot of work to get there..a lot of work, sweat and money. Just like with any real business I'm guessing. And it doesn't help that the company is sinking. They over pay their CEO's and are now sinking fast. They just had another lay off - 400 people gone off the payroll. That's a shame. They need to stop over paying these useless CEO's! Sears, JC Penny, Best Buy and AVON were in an article of companies predicted to declare bankruptcy because of financial problems. Very sad because I really can't understand it since they have a fee for practically everything - brochures, bags, samples, website - all the things you need to make a sale all come with a fee. And they need to stop returns after 30 or 60 days. Ridiculous that people can use an item, find you and request a refund that comes out of your pocket. Because when you return an item, AVON does not give you money back. You get credit. If I gave that customer money back, I want my money. I don't want any credit. And they have up to a year to return items.

0 0

I am a Unit Leader and have been working Avon since the 1990s. I just started taking Leadership seriously and have over 60 people in my unit. I have noticed that many of the mistakes Representatives make can be alleviated if they would only do what they are asked to do and read the instructions on Fraud...take the training classes...and do what the leaders ask to ensure they get their bonus checks. I get bonus checks every two weeks. I love AVON, but I have reps who place orders before they are supposed to, or place orders for books when I have clearly told them that the first two campaigns they get books from me for free...these types of things keep them from getting a bonus and then me from getting a bonus for spending hours training them. It's not Avon's fault if someone takes a credit card order from a crook. It's not Avon's fault if people return more than they sell - there is integrity involved and sometimes representatives, like any other people in life, lack integrity. If you have a product that is really damaged in shipment, or the customer didn't like, AVON immediately credits you and sends it out to you. It's a privilege to work for a company with such generous return policies and some people take advantage of it. They even give you up to 4-6 weeks to return the item while they immediately gave you your money back when requested. What company does that? I'm sorry that this rep had such a tough time, sometimes leadership means taking people by the hand and leading them, and she may not be cut out for leadership. I hope others who love training are not discouraged by this.

S
Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm

l would like to complain about a product l bought from avon 4 weeks ago the strewberry sorbert bubble bath l am not happy payed for a new corner bath instaled 2 months ago and the product as left pink patches on the bottom of my bath

R
Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you so much for having the heart to write up a complaint like this. I recently spoke to an Avon rep and she got me interested on registering with Avon and becoming an Avon rep myself. She filled out a register form for me and she wanted to meet up again so she can show me how everything goes, how you do this, how you do that. So we planned a day, but as confident as i was to go ahead and become an Avon rep and get everything started. I did some research and found this complaint, this was enough for me to give her call back and say "Thank you for your time but I'm defiantly 'NOT' going through with this!"

Again Thank you so much to who ever wrote this. You have defiantly helped me by preventing something that causes a lot of stress, money loss and head aches!

THANK YOU!

I
Mar 02, 2013 3:54 pm

before joining to the avon every1 call for please join ...here you got a platform to earn better by just sharing the views...but after 1 year i hv got a leagal notice for not clearing my dues... but these companies are really very frouds as from last year i hv never received any mail or notice for depositing the amount i hv thoght that as i was leader it might be deducted from my earned points ...now i hav to pay the due + 5000 rs extra

Feb 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Well for one why would you sell $900.00 of Avon to someone you didnt know? That would have been a res flag cuz NO ONE buys that much Avon. I have been a rep for over 10 years and I dont buy a bunch of Avon and run up my credit cards that is just plain stupid, I run it as a BUSINESS and SELL the products. I am a Unit Leader and I get checks monthly from my earnings and from my team. It seems you didnt know what you were doing and did not have the sense to reach out to your upline. I work HARD at my business and I get a lot of out it. I also have a 40 hour week job. Avon will be my career for life and I LOVE IT! If it were this so called SCAM then why has it been around 126 yrs? Maybe cuz it works! I have seen stay at home moms make BIG bucks. I work with people that are doing it everyday! So Im sorry if you couldnt do it but there are MILLIONS of reps that are. Do your homework next time and learn the business.

Feb 07, 2013 3:54 pm

avon is not worth selling. i was successful, had lots of downline and tons of sales, but with the fees, returns, gas, samples, cost of books, stress it was not worth it. i would tell anyone don;t do it. they have products you only get 20% ON AND YOU END UP MAKING NOTHING ON THOSE AFTER EXPENSES..the ones you make 30 to 55 % on, you make alittle, but not enough for what you have to put up with. the orders are wrong. things missing. boxes get lost.they push and push. i was in honor society and still did not clear much.even the year i sold 27, 000 worth. did not clear much. maybe a couple thousand, that not much.divide that by 24 months, less than 200 a month out of 27, 000 in sales.

Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Wow, it seems like you guys in the States get a rough ride with Avon. I've been a Sales leader for 15 months now. We have territories in the Uk which helps a lot for building your customer base. I can't say I've earned much, but I have covered the costs of my petrol, brochures etc and am qualified in accounts so am quite meticulous at including all costs. I've made a small amount, but I had another job too and so haven't worked it full time at all. It's not exactly earning opportunity of the century, but it is the sort of thing you do for a 'bit extra' or to pay for your own products. Selling to customers is the easy bit, building a successful team is hard work. I am reading that you have to pay fees for returns and that you have to pay upfront. Wow, we get all our goods on credit (if you don't pass the credit check, you can't join) and we return our goods free of charge to the delivery driver when he brings our next order. I get fed up with it sometimes, but on the whole, I enjoy seeing my customers and going door to door, I like recruiting and training new reps and always go the extra mile to help them. It's the reps that mess you around that can really p** you off sometimes. The ones that don't pay their bill etc. But it's my business and I'm not going to let other people ruin it for me.

K
Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm

My customer's are ordering personally they even signed me the AVON TRUST RECEIPTS but now, they're not paying...i don't know what to do, i can never pay this amount, shall I be imprisoned? my dent is 5000 pesos which is 116 dollars...I'm just a working scholar you see and I don't know what to do my debt keeps on rising in amount because of the interest, please help...I need an advice...

Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm

why don't all of us ban together and file a class action lawsuit? I have been selling Avon for more than 2 years and have not made any money! I have paid out more than I have ever gotten back. As soon as my balance is what I believe to be zero, all of a sudden I owe more money to Avon! I am seriously thinking of seeking legal advice to try and get some of the money I have put in! I have had little or no upline support since I started! Avon has left me and many other hung out to dry!

E
Jul 14, 2012 3:54 pm

I just sent an email to Avon informing them that I have decided to no longer be a Representative. It's not for lack of trying, that is for sure. My friends tease me about being able to sell anything to anyone, but Avon has me beat. These products are not easy to sell...I don't care what anyone says. And, talk about cheap crap that they try to pass off as jewelry! I had a customer purchase a necklace that promptly broke as soon as they put it on. I contacted Avon...and was told that it would cost me $4.99 to ship it back. I asked them why I had to pay to return an item that was clearly defective!

And, don't even get me started on the District Managers. Talk about inept and incompetent. Enough said about that.

H

I am currently in the process of leaving Avon after being with them for a year. I enjoyed the people that I met and became friends with many people. But overall, I did not make any money, I actually ended up losing money. After the cost of brochures, samples, shipping fees, and running around town making deliveries (using gas), I did not make much if anything at all. I also unfortunately had some customers that either did not pay me or would write bad checks which would delay payments. And when you are in a one income household, you don't need a delay on your money. Also when you return items to Avon that the customer did not like or just did not want, you are billed a returned shipping fee which I think is truly unfair. But this is just some of my personal experience with the company. I know some others that said they did/do make money but many are those that have been with the company for 20 or more years and have a solid team and are in the President's Club or higher. I probably will still use Avon products because I think overall they are good quality but I don't think I will sell Avon again.

Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Uh, Avon? Yeah Right.
I consider them fraudsters and and an outright crook!
I cancel items...guess what? My total due absolutely NEVER changes!
That has happened twice.
I also pay my orders off in full; only to find that I mysteriously owe even more!
I tested this theory yesterday again by paying off an order in full and even paid 1 penny extra leaving me with a credit of 1 cent!
Amazingly, the next morning, I owed 53 more dollars; yes after paying it off in full and even over paying by 1 cent!
I consider Avon now to be crooks/scamsters and a fraud!
Good day/good buy/ and good luck with Avon! :-(

Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

They consistantly redo my invoice and add more and more to what I owe.
I actually paid 1 penny over the amount due just to see what my new amount due showed...not to my surprise, the next morning it showed I magically owed 53 yes 53 new magical dollars!
I called and he said he could not see this at all.
LOLOLOL
I am waiting with my fingers crossed.
last time this happened, the amount paid was for a completely cancelled order. Happened to me twice so far. I cancel items and guess what; the amount due NEVER shrinks...ever!
Yup! So I have decided never to ever cancel any order! Waaay too costly paying for invisible items!
They simply are crooks!
C.P.

May 16, 2012 3:54 pm

OK wow lots of disappointments, I am a new representative, and no one called me, nor mentioned any training I had to find out myself but then again I am a research nut, so found even the "contract" online, being my district hides them, and even tried to steal my only recruit, funny, I just find it funny. Actually 1 leader, 1 district manager, I rep has tried to steal my one recruit, sales meeting are recruiting meeting, , , , what a kick. Oh it is like a freak show, not that I have anything against anyone, but at a sales meeting the gay folks where trying to fondle each other, others bagging on gays, a few transvestites, it was like a circus, so I go to get entertained and free samples to pay for my gas. I at least tell others that the 10 dollars is not all you will have to pay for, what gets me is, you pay for "samples" to sell Avon products and are told to give them away FREE, we should get some free. It's nuts. Oh yes my online orders all have been messed up, takes me 10 email and calling them stupid to get it corrected. so far all my orders have had to be "credited" for mistakes. So seems the best way for me is not to take it seriously or I will go crazy, and when i order online for myself, I go back and delete it. LOL I got all the training material myself and read the district manager training, and wow they are not doing their job. And I tell em, get this at this last meeting, a comment was made to get new recruits "dangle a carrot" oh we are donkeys? And the District manager said "leadership trap" twice, I think she meant track. Maybe. And the executive leader and her buddy where calling the district manager "weirdo" under their breath, a freak show like I said. Seems they give to many perks to the top dogs, when the puppy's need them to make sales. If you notice the what's new, some products we are not "allowed to get" now that is stupid. It limiting sale. So stupid.

Oh do the math, if you get samples of some skin care items, the samples are .04 0z packs of 5, OK some eye cream is .5 oz, so getting buy one get one free you will get more then buying the product, especially that expensive stuff, and you wont use to much and have a cute card to boot. ;) on Campaign 14 yeah a trendsetter go figure.

E
May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

AVON is a "Scam" ... they tell you when you sign up, Well. At least my Rep did, that I could make between 200 - 300 a month in extra income. 1) They Change the Product Number to suit a HIGH PRICE; when I call or email Office of the President, they respond telling I don't QUALIFY for the Products ON SALE .. What .. Are you fricken Kidding Me. 2) A Loyal customer when On my site to order Avon Products; and an Message Came up saying "This Rep is No Longer Available". W.T.F. I emailed Office of the President Again, and AGAIN I was told, I don't Qualify to be an Online Rep. (Even, though I've been paying my 7.50 fee for the past year for my website) but, apparently this doesn't fall under Qualifications. 3) I have submitted Several Orders and have PROOF of Avon's Fraudulent Practices. If anyone out there is saying Avon is Not A Fraud, their probably not paying attention to their Invoices.

V

I think that perhaps people are directing their anger out on a representative that said anything to get you on her team..the truth is you can make money with Avon, and I am actually very successful with it. I do not deceive any of my downline about leadership and its hard work and dedication. I do not do business for Avon..they are a means to a product I sell without having to advertise so much. Avon has been in operation for 125 years, and must be doing something right in order to have achieved such a goal. Perhaps you were lied to by someone desperate to have you on their team because they are desperate to get rich quick..of course it was a failure. I am in business for myself, and I love what I do, believe in the product I sell and am very honest with people about the products I don't particularly like so much. I happen not to like the Anew rejuvenate skin care line, but I love the Genics..its a matter of preference. I almost feel bad you had the experience you did..and it is a shame you feel the way you do, because I believe you are missing out on the most incredible income opportunity I have ever come across...I love what I do, and I love to be a part of peoples lives making them feel better about themselves. Avon sells itself, and I have hardly needed to do much for a sale, but it is so much bigger then that, if you hook up with the right reps I guess. I constantly give my down-line freebies, and my up-line has been so incredibly supportive to me, we have formed a wonderful friendship. I really wish we could show you what you are missing..I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. I don't think Avon is a scam at all, but maybe a few reps here and there that think they can make quick money may be recruiting for even more quick money..that's too bad really, because it's not Avon's fault, and their are good reps out their who make an honest living and form awesome relations with those around them. Avon has supported women throughout the changes of the world's economics systems through the decades.. a scam doesn't last that long.. Avon's been here for 125 years..I would call that job security..but you don't get something for nothing. It does take an entrepreneurial spirit to survive in the fast paced world of Avon.. I absolutely love being a rep and a unit leader. Its a shame you scold Avon for your own delusional precepts.
603.812.7266 Call me if you need a good team leader. Valerie

Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Been a rep for over 2 years now. I haven't really had any problems but I try to stick to selling to people I know. I just like being able to order myself demos.
Anyways, if you get an online order saying "I want to order products." It IS a scam. If they refuse to pay for their order online or refuse to meet you in person, it is a scam. I have never ever had a contact me request that wasn't an attempted scam. Scams are easy to spot and no one should fall for them.
As for making any money goes, I don't. I just like being able to purchase demos. I save a lot of money on stuff like makeup, shampoo, and lotions. I also purchase a lot of gifts through the demos.

O
Feb 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I am new as a avon rep. i like most of the products as well. i have had a few problems myself. all of the problems are small. i glad many rep tell their story to help me look out of what to come or expect. I have some money on a few campaign. I stay with in my budget not to order everything at the sale meeting as for get 8 bottles of preview items, not too many books only what I need.i well pay more attention on the return policy as well. thanks for all the story and good luck to any new rep for now

Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm

lol, Sorry but Avon is what you make it - as with any business you are in control of. It takes time and effort, I have been a rep now for 3 months and have definitely spent less than I have earned. I am making my progress because I am investing the time. You cant expect to become a millionaire over night. I didnt read your entire article but all it seemed to me was a bunch of complaining and whining. Sorry, but Avon is NOT for everyone - only those with the determination to battle through rough times. If you expect to become a millionaire over night, then this is not for you. If you want to grow with your business, and have financial freedom and flexible hours that YOU can work - then Avon IS for you. I enjoy working for this company and have been a customer of theirs for years. Now I am prod to say I am a representative with a company that is well known AND trusted by many!

Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm

My NET PROFIT is $300-$500 per campaign. AVON IS ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD THING for A LOT of REPS. I hit the Plaza's, Doctor's Offices, Salons, Spa's, Dental Office and Talk to Every and anyone I run across in my county and the Next and Keep in Contact with Customers. AVON OFFERS more than just Make Up and Perfume. ((((There are Basic Daily Needs, Jewelry, Fashion, Gift Items, Bath Body, Award Winning Skincare, Fitness & Wellness, Hair care for MEN & WOMEN, Bakeware and so on... ALSO, Mark for TEENS and the NEW Tiny Tillia BABY and NURSERY Line)))). I know how to work the business (4yrs now), I follow ALL the Training and Never Wasted Time with what didn't work for me and HAVE NO ISSUES WITH AVON. It takes a Combination of things and TIME for this thing to work successfully$$$ and THAT'S REALITY!... It takes from 3-5yrs for any Business to Succeed IF YOU LEARN TO WORK IT RIGHT & WORK SMART! ...YOU HAVE to TALK to EVERYONE & FOLLOW UP with CUSTOMERS Non-stop . CAN'T BE SHY or LAZY. The Goal is to be a Successful Rep and/Or Train others (downline) to do the Same; SHOW THEM HOW YOU DID IT and the whole team will Reap the REWARDS$$. *NO LIE*—ANYONE WHO IS NOT RECEIVING A CHECK IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB of Training/Developing and ONLY SIGNED PEOPLE UP JUST to MAKE MONEY (It's Happening everyday) WITHOUT PUTTING ANY WORK INTO TO HELPING them MAKE REAL MONEY. (they never tell you the whole story with their Complaints) This is Why AVON MADE SEVERAL CHANGES to ELIMINATE those who are NOT SERIOUS or just OUT for THEMSELVES-seeking & targeting the low income or JUST ANY OLD BODY (with No Strong or Leadership Qualities). The Problem is that a lot of NEW REPS DON'T HAVE THAT MENTOR to TRAIN, TEACH and DEVELOP them. So they learn from Painful Mistakes. NO SCAM or SCHEME HERE just a lot of New People who did not realize THIS IS A SERIOUS BUSINESS THAT YOU MUST RUN LIKE A BUSINESS, NOT to SPEND TOO MUCH ON YOURSELF, KEEP RECORD and DON'T SPEND OFF ALL the PROFIT. It takes time; this IS NO GET RICH QUICK SCHEME HERE PEOPLE, but a REAL BUSINESS to RUN. Once REALITY HITS and Reps Build a Huge BILL instead of PROFIT for themselves, then they Complain and SCREAM FRAUD or SCAM . **EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE** Doesn't Make it a SCAM BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND how to run it successfully with Patience. IF YOU'RE NOT BUSINESS ORIENTED and Possess DISCIPLINE or LEADERSHIP QUALITIES, then most likely AVON IS NOT For YOU. ***If YOU'RE LOOKING to Make BIG BUCKS Right Away without INVESTING TIME, DEDICATION, PERSISTENCE AND CONSISTENCE with the PROVEN STRATEGIES PROVIDED, ... then FORGET ABOUT IT; AVON IS NOT for YOU. ... "It's A LOT OF WORK that PAYS OFF LATER." ...Someone may have talked you into it but it's YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY especially at First to Research, Ask lots of Questions and GET the FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT ANY COMPANY before you START Putting A LOT OF MONEY OUT THERE and Proceed with it. "Get Out ...if it's NOT WORKING FOR YOU" or ASK FOR HELP. *IF YOU WANT IT -GO OUT AND GET IT and by all means WORK SMART—IF NOT IT WILL COST YOU!$$$ " I speak from Experience and from Seeing a lot of Reps and New Leaders Make the Biggest Mistakes due to Lack of Continuous Training and DOING THIS for ALL THE WRONG REASONS with Quick & Wild EXPECTATIONS at First. ...Have a good evening ladies.

0 0

avon tried to charge me double for a order. what should i do

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

188 complaints