Complaints & Reviews

return policy

I was a avon representative for 5 years as well as a customer.
I recently placed an order on their avon.com website for a pair
Of tennis shoes. I ordered exactly according to their fitting specifications
Regarding half sizes which is what I wear and the shoes didn't fit. I dreaded
That because I knew I had to send them back. They have no good way of
Doing that, they don't send you a return shipping label like some online
Stores do. They also sent me a new book with an item that I just ordered
Cheaper and then wouldn't honor the cheaper price for me. They would
Rather make the customer mad over $5.

returns

I have been buying avon products for over 25 years. I recently tried the elixir and the anti ageing moisturizer. I purchased the elixir for 3 months and one bottle of moisturizer. I spent 186.00 on this. (One bottle of elixir was on sale for 10.00 less) I figured I would use the elixir for 3 months and that should give me enough time to see what it would do. Well it didnt do anything they said it would. I called my rep (And she is a great person) and told her I wanted my money back. I had one jar of elixir and jar of moisturizer. I didnt keep the other two empties but she knows I purchased them. She called the higher ups and they refused to give me the money, except for one on sale jar of elixir for 44.00 which my avon lady gave me so I wouldnt have to wait for it. She said she had to argue to get that and I believe her. I am mad, that is not what the guarantee says and thats a lot of money for garbage that doesnt work. I dont know what else to do. I have tried to contact avon, sent many emails and have never received a response. I would like to know who else to contact and how to make sure that avon has to do something. My rep is not responsible for this, I have dealt with her for a long time and she cant do anything else. I want to do something to stop them from being able to get away with this and I dont know how. Please if anyone has a suggestion or other contact info I would appreciate hearing from you. There has to be a way to get something accomplished. I would like to know if there are other places I can report their fradulent behavior. Thank you for any help you can give me.

• Ra
    rachel watson Nov 09, 2008

Hi I was just reading your compalint. Avon should give all the money back to you . As a avon rep myself I have spent many days on the phone to avon themselfs compalining that my customers are unhappy with there produts and I have never had any problems with them getting there money back.
    Ask your avon rep to give you the name and phone number of her area manager to try to sort this problem as this a lot of money to ignore.

MAR3 May 27, 2009

Because some customers are treating Avon like they have a bottom-of-the-jar guarantee, reps are now running into problems where Avon won't give them their money back for an empty jar. This is unusual because more often or not, I have read that Avon will do it, but that your upline will encourage you to get rid of the customer because they could get you on No Instant Credit status, and you will continue losing earned commissions on them. It normally only takes 3 days to 4 weeks to see if a product is working. I would use this rule of thumb in the future to avoid problems. Hope this helps.

anonimous Jul 09, 2009

I had purchased a travel bag from Avon and when the rep handed me the bad i looked it over and realized that is was way smaller than anticipated and very poorly made. I told the Avon rep that i wanted to return it and she said i would have to still pay for it and hold onto it until the next order because she has to pay for the item upfront therefore i would have to wait to get my money back when Avon gives her the credit back. That could be 2 weeks. So i have to pay for an item that i don't want and now i have to wait up to 2 weeks to return it. That is the worst policy i have ever heard of. If i don't like the item i should have just been able to hand it right back to her and only pay for the items i chose to keep. Not pay for it and then wait for a refund. I think it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is a bogus policy and someone needs to come up with something better if they want to keep their customers.

• Jj
    J.juelz Aug 05, 2009

I am an Avon sales rep in Canada. I dont know if there are any major differences but here we dont have to return personal care items back to Avon(creams, perfums etc). This is great because we can keep customer returns and use them as demo products. I get customers that complain about the quality of the product and return them but they are barely used.
    I had a customer who returned two orders. Once she returned these shoes worth $20 and said they looked nothing like the picture. She didn't even open the bag to try them on!!
    Ok so I spend $10 returning the product back to avon and had no problems. I got an instant credit and they recieved the product in time.
    The second time she ordered a shirt which she "didn't like" which cost $30. Again, she never even opened the bag!! So again I have to spend $10 on shipping. I now dont let my customers order shoes or clothes because of the high cost of returning the products.
    As for your situation, here we have a time imit for returning products. We cannot accept products that are almost empty even if you are not happy with the results. Products don't work the same for everyone and this is not a clinical procedure so dont expect dramatic or visible results.

• Ci
    CINDYOR1 Jun 29, 2010

I am a representative of Avon. I have been trying to get them to remove DUPLICATE returned items that have been in my returns for over 6 months. These items have already been credited to my account, but I can't get AVON to understand that and just remove the duplicate list off my account. I can't use my returns until this is taken care of. I have dealt with at least 5 people and my manager over me and to no avail it is to hard for anyone to understand. My 13 year old understands this!!! Hum!!! I am not sure if this will get to anyone, but if it does please call me.

fraud and cheating

Avon misleads its representatives into thinking that they can earn money selling avon products. This is a big...

scam and cheating

I am writing this about my friend who is an avon consultant. She is the one who signed up with the company, but she lets me use her discount. She has previously sold avon (Me too) , but she decided to sign up again for the discount on products. When she first told me she was going to sign up she mentioned from the previous time she was a consultant that she owed them money. They tried calling her for a few weeks, she never paid and they just quit calling. So we talked about and both agreed that if it was still on file that she owed money they would mention that as they were putting her in the system, right? Wrong.

Instead, she ordered her first campaign and everything went smoothly. Second campaign I found about $200 worth of stuff I wanted just for myself (Not including what she ordered for herself, and other customers). She didn't have all the money right away, so I let her use my credit card to pay off her consultant balance so the products would ship (Since I owed her money for my products anyways). There was a first payment of $75. We check for a tracking link a couple days later, and it hasn't shipped.

According to customer service there was $7 that still needed to be paid before everything was shipped. So I let her use my card again to pay the $7. Couple days later still no tracking link, nor has it shipped. She calls the district manager, denise ley, several times, and emails her several times without a response. Finally a week or 2 goes by and she gets ahold of denise who says that avon is keeping the money we paid ($82) and we weren't getting our products because of the money my friends owes from when she was a consultant previously. Yes, my friend was wrong in not paying them off years before from when she was a consultant, but they have not even offered us to pay the $40 she owed previously to get our stuff. End of story, no option to get our stuff. They are keeping the $82, and we aren't getting anything.

Well I have several times utilized the dispute a credit card charge before and everything always ends up working out... So that is our next option. She is going to try calling them (Corporate, since denise won't help us at all) again tomorrow, and if no answer by wednesday I said i'm disputing the charge and lets see what avon has to say to my credit card company. I have this feeling that what they are doing is illegal. It would be *reasonable* to say that if she paid the $40 she owed from being a consultant years ago that we would get our things, we/she would. We have absolutely no problem paying the $40 previously owed to be able to get our stuff. But I think it's common sense they can't just say they are keeping all $82 and we're getting nothing, with no option to pay the $40 owed??? I have this feeling I will be calling my credit card company in a few days. I'll post an update and let you know what happens.

Sara Oct 31, 2008

First of all, don't cheat people. What goes around comes around. I hope they keep your money and dont give it to you so you learn a lesson for next time. I am an Avon representative, they always respond to my problems and are very tolerant. They just don't want to trust u again.

• Va
    Vallery Oct 31, 2008

You deserve it ! now learn a lesson and next time be more responsible.

• Le
    Lee Daniels Sep 08, 2009

I ordered 5 watches from my Avon Rep. in July for gifts. The first watch was opened in August, and it fell apart! How do I get it replaced for a new one??

avon refund guarantee

I have been purchasing avon products from someone who is not refunding the money back to me for an anew...

not allowing sales reps to come back

I sighned up to be a sales rep for avon about 2 years ago... My son feel seriously ill and was hospitalised...

becoming a sales rep is a big mistake

I signed on to become a representative for avon. It was only $10.00 and seemed like a great deal because you...

poor treatment of customers

To whom it may concern, I went to gerdt furniture with my daughter to look at new sofa sets with the intention of buying one for my family room. I was in the store for at least 40 minutes. Not one time did anyone welcome us or ask us if they could be of assistance to us. Upon leaving the store three of the women that work there were sitting up front just laughing away until we got closer to them then all three looked down from us, no have a good evening or was there anything you were interested in? I know I was not dressed up or look like I could afford to shop there but there is an old saying about not judging a book by its cover. Not everyone dresses up before shopping and these ladies need to think about this. The treatment I and my daughter received from them cost the store a sale.

avon gives you bad credit ratings for no reason

I am writing this letter in response to avon's irresponsible mismanagement of my account. I joined avon in...