AutoAnything — Low price guarantee
AutoAnything advertises a "Low Price Guarantee" along with free shipping. What the customer finds upon closer reading of the fine print is that the price match is for "delivered price". That is, if AutoAnything has an item costing $118 with free shipping, and another storefront has the same item for a lower price, $100, and shipping is additional, $18, the competitor's price including shipping is what they use for comparison. In this (actual) example, the match is exactly the same. (If all the stores did this, the playing field would be level and we consumers would know what to expect from the retailer.)
I personally would rather deal with a seller which gives me what I want to know right up front: item cost, shipping (including handling), and tax where required, rather than with one which obscures reality with marketing statements...where the customer must dig out the facts rather than have them stated up front.
I call AutoAnything's marketing practice deceptive in that the use of "price" is not the same as that used in other (and competitor's) stores. I do not choose to do business with an entity which seeks to deceive me.
More AutoAnything Complaints & Reviews
- AutoAnything.com - Never fall for this business!
- AutoAnything.com - Awful service
- AutoAnything - Return policy
- AutoAnything - Too much dust
- AutoAnything.com - Delayed delivery! Made me wait for a month!
- AutoAnything - Customer service
- AutoAnything.com - Customer service, wrong product shipped/exchange
- AutoAnything - Terrible customer service
- AutoAnything - Misleading
- AutoAnything - Sent wrong parts