Having problems with Kwik-Fit?

Kwik-Fit Customer Service Contacts

800 222 111 (Kwik Fit Centre Locator)
+44 800 757 677 (Customer Service)
+44 345 450 9271 (MOT Reminders)
+44 800 280 2222 (Kwik Fit Insurance)
ETEL House, Avenue One
Thu8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kwik-Fit Customer Service. Initial Kwik-Fit complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kwik-Fit above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kwik-Fit. Discuss the issues you have had with Kwik-Fit and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kwik-Fit Complaints & Reviews

Feb 03, 2019

Kwik-Fit — poor service

Mansfield kwickfit centre. I wish to complain about the poor service. I boooked my ford fiesta in on sunday...

Kwik Fit — poor customer service ref: kf60-6003045

I have used Kwik Fit Hayes location in the past with fair satisfaction. Today (18Jul17) however, I have never...

Kwik-FitTyre repair & wheel balancing weights

I rang to see about a tyre repair. Asked to come down on Sunday, but they were too busy to see me and asked me to return the following day. I decided to take the wheel off my car myself and transport it in my 2nd car on the Monday just to save time as I was going to call after work. They did the repair, and upon arriving back home as I lifted the wheel out of my vehicle and placed it on the ground, I noticed some of the adhesive left on the wheel which had not been completely removed on the rubber - meant the balance weights were loose because part of it had been stuck to a clean part of the wheel and part stuck to the adhesive previous left where the old weights had been stuck to the rubber. This meant taking another trip down to show the staff what had happened. They told me they just buff the old rubber slightly if the new weights are to go onto it, which I think is very bad practise for such a renowned company. I actually took some white spirit down after I had shown them what had happened, and I sat outside their depot to clean the rubber where the weights had been before I allowed them to replace the weights with new ones. These new ones adhered very well after the wheel had been cleaned correctly first. This proves that had I not removed the wheel myself I would have been non the wiser of this bad practice which means some customers will be unaware of the shoddy workmanship which allow weights to fall off car wheels causing potential damage depending upon the speed the vehicle it travelling. They could for example hit a brake pipe! leading to a potentially dangerous situation. This is just to make consumers aware that the rubber should be cleaned properly should the new weights need to be placed on the same area or part of the same area they have been removed from. The operative told me the Kwik fit policy is just to give a quick 'buff' which does not remove all of the required adhesive, thereby not providing a suitable surface for the new weights to adhere. This repair ended up quite expensive - I asked them how was I charged the same when I had actually taken the wheel off myself which saved them time and space on their forecourt! They said they would look into this matter that I raised this being a valid point. There should be a pricing structure which takes into consideration the time they would spend removing a wheel or alternatively if the customer removes the wheel themselves. This saves Kwik-fit time, space and money. Very disappointed customer I hope this helps any other Kwikfit customers who now know what to look for and expect! As I brought this matter to their attention I did receive a call advising me that my charge would be refunded which it duly was. I was assured that all the points raised were valid and would be looked at.

Kwik Fit - Reading — Fraud in Reporting Faults

I left my Car at Reading Kwik Fit. After 2 hours manager called me and told there are few issues with the...

Reading

Kwik FitFlat Battery

Battery supplied 3 Jan, 2012, with 3-yr. guarantee. Flat in July, 2012, again twice in Nov.2-12 in Orkney, where there is no Kwik Fit branch; I was living there for 2 months during insurance-funded repairs to our home. I took the car to a Ford garage in Orkney which confirmed that it was not holding its charge and replaced it, giving full details of the battery removed on its receipt. As I had a serious operation in Dec. I wrote to the Kwik Fit branch on 14 Dec. explaining the facts and asking them, to honour my claim for replacement in first year of guarantee, though I would not be able to go to the garage for a few weeks. I went there early in Feb; photos of docs. were taken for area manager. No response so far (24 Feb).

Kwik - Fit — Never Again

After being a long standing (single female) customer of Kwik Fit Bolton since 2005 I have decided never to...

Kwik FitCustomer Service

I had booked an appointment for my wife’s car MOT for 1.15pm on Saturday 4/2/12. Unfortunately I was running late, and I called to let them know this an hour ahead of time and that I would be around 10 minutes late. The member of staff that took the call, said that this was not a problem. So I arrived at the Bagshot branch at 1.25pm for my cars appointment. The Managed “Martin” said that as I was late they could not book this in. I would have to rebook to have the appointment. I was furious, not that Martin wanted to help resolve the issue or even look at me! I was a repeat customer here and as I recall last time, I arrive 15 minutes ahead of time and they made me wait 45 minutes until they could late me car in! I will be formally filling this up with Kwik fit with a letter to the Director, but expect no reply back and the same kind of customer experience as I’ve already received. What a joke they are.

Kwik Fit Feb 06, 2012

Hi there,

We were concerned to read your comments above. We haven't received any letter from you yet - please could you contact me directly at [email protected]? We'd like to discuss this further with you.

Gerry

Kwik FitFraud

Took my car to kwik fit for mot and service, all passed and nothing flagged up on service (documents saved). next day smoke started coming through vents. called kwik fit who advised that its nothing that they have done.Took car to local dealership who advised that the cam cover is cracked where the air filter house is.Spoke to kwik fit who advised that they would not touch air filter on service?? I questioned this and they still advised of above. I have been charged for air filter on service, they also advised that oil leak was detected on service? nothing states this on service report. (documents saved). Local dealership cahrged me £800.00 for new cam cover.

• Le
            Leonard langdon Sep 27, 2013

I visited the local kwik fit on lee high rd SE London today for a mot.
            I spoke with one chap who said to me park up, go in the waiting room and he'll do it after he's finished with the vehicle he was working on.
            About 5/10 mins later another bloke asked me what i was there for i told him a mot, he said have i booked it in so i explained as above.
            He then asked my who exactly said i could get a mot done today so i told him the Chinese fellow, he then tried to suggest that that this man couldn't of said this as he doesn't speak English.
            I Couldn't believe what this person was trying to suggest so I reiterated what the man said, he then said oh he probably thought you had a booking, he then offered me a booking on tuesday nxt week.
            this guy is clearly unprofessional and in need of major training.

Kwik Fit Jul 09, 2012

Hi there,

Andy from Kwik Fit here. You should submit application by letter to the address below.

Style Financial Services
            P O Box 5747
            Southend-on Sea
            Essex
            SS1 9AJ

Andy

• Ni
            nigel stevens Jul 07, 2012

i am unable to obtain an address on any of the kwik fit websites that would enable me to submit a claim for mis-sold ppi. can anyone help me.

Kwik Fit — Rip off

My wife had an issue with the car battery cutting out and was very close to the afore mentioned Kwik fit...

Milngavie

Kwik Fit — Where do i start?

I took my car in last week for a full service & aircon recharge. I was also asked for any other areas that i...

Kwikfit Whole Company — Rip offs

I worked for kwikfit a no of yrs . And recently got sacked, because the centre I ran did not hit the daily...

Kwik FitRip off !!!!!

Please do not use this company !!! They are not customer focused in any way !!! I wont bore you with my long boring story !!! Please take notice of how many unsatisfied customers they have on posts on the internet. Its been a nightmare for me and my family to go through, if I can stop one person from going through this so be it .How can soooo many customers be wrong ?????? Customer service is poor .Don't waste your time, money or energy, its a nightmare to deal with .

Kwik FitPoor Work

I bought a tyre at cost of £200 from Kwik Fit only 4 weeks ago. After a recent Audi inspection service it was noted that my new tyre had a buldge and was damaged due to over inflation by 20psi. I returned to Kwik Fit only to be told I would have to pay £200 for a new one even though the damaged was because they inflated the tyre to over 50psi. My advice is to use fully qualified garages not Kwik Fit who cant even inflate a tyre!

Kwik Fit Feb 01, 2012

Hi

Gerry from Kwik Fit here. We were concerned to read your comment above about your experience.
                If possible, we would like to discuss this further with you - please could you contact me at [email protected]?

Gerry

• Lm
                LMS1990 May 02, 2011

There is no way that over inflation would cause of a buldge in a tyre. If over inflation did cause a buldge it would be around the whole circumference tyre not just one area. A buldge in a tyre normally suggests impact damage, this could have been caused when leaving the centre and you hit a pot hole, or a curb. Basically anytime in those 4 weeks. I really wish that people would stop jumping on the same boat as everyone else and stop blaming Kwik-Fit for everything that goes wrong, yes they have bad points that the company needs to work one but doesn't every company? My suggestion is to get a life and pay for a new tyre and don't blame someone else because your not man enough to admit hitting a curb.

Kwik Fitcharge me for work that dont need doing

went in for free brake test as just brought second hand car, they came back and said my back brakes were well under the legal limit and i needed new cylinders, at a price of£276 which was well over my limit so i asked for copy of work carried out and went to a top rated local garage hoping to get cheaper price, not only was they willing to do work for £125.the day i took it in there i got a phone call from garage saying my back brakes were fine how honest were they which helped me even more being a lone parent.so kwik fit are scammers

Kwik Fit — Wages

I'm actually an employee for this company, i have been with kwik fit for 3 years now and im 23. I know...

London

Kwik FitBrake Inspection

The front brakes on my car were whistling when braking and I booked a free brake inspection with Kwik Fit, who after several hours checked the brakes and advised that I must have them replaced and gave me a quote for £175. I said the price was too high and asked for the brakes to be put back on. When driving out I noticed a grinding noise, the next garage said one of the brake pads was missing and the brakes or disks did not replacing. By then I had already purchased the brakes and discs. The service is very poor!

Kwik FitAir Conditioning Service

I had an AC Service costing £49 at my local branch in Glenrothes on July 1st, the day before I went on holiday. They said they would check for leaks, then fill the system and give me a print out of the results and if not less than 10% of the outside ambient temperature, it would be free.

After 40 minutes they said it was ready and I paid and asked for the print out, and they replied that the printer was broken but it was working perfectly. It did seem slightly cooler than it had been before but the next day driving south on holiday it had no effect of cooling the car whatsoever.

This leads me to believe that the system has some sort of leak which wasn’t noticed although was tested for.

Kwikfit.comAwful company

I took my car in for its MOT which it failed on a few minor issues. I took the car to an external garage to get the parts fixed so that i could get it back in time to take advantage of the free re-test within a 48 hour period. The car was fixed the next day and was ready to have the re-test carried out on it, but when i called up to book the car in, they were too busy to look at it and informed me that it would have to be the day after, rendering the free 48 hour period useless. The car eventually had a re-test 53 hours since it had first failed and i was charged a partial re-test fee of £24.00 for the 15 minutes they took to look at the previously failed areas.

At any other independent MOT station this re-test would have been free of charge up to a three day period as i have experienced myself. I received a phone call from a very abrupt member of the customer service team from head office, she was no help and spoke with a very rude manner over the phone. After explaining my circumstances further she basically told me there is nothing they can do as it is company policy. Its discusting how they treat there customers and as there motto suggests "you'll be amazed at what we do"... well im pretty amazed by the experice i had. The company has three main traits:

- Awful company recognised itself by its motto

- No customer value or retention

- Poor Morals

Kwik FitStay away

Took my car to kwik fit for mot and service, all passed and nothing flagged up on service (documents saved). next day smoke started coming through vents. called kwik fit who advised that its nothing that they have done.Took car to local dealership who advised that the cam cover is cracked where the air filter house is.Spoke to kwik fit who advised that they would not touch air filter on service?? I questioned this and they still advised of above. I have been charged for air filter on service, they also advised that oil leak was detected on service? nothing states this on service report. (documents saved). Local dealership charged me £800.00 for new cam cover. This complaint is being dealt with by Consumer direct.

• Sk
                          Sky0628 Sep 11, 2011

You are absolutely right. It was horrible to deal with them, they just put our life in danger...Great North Way, Kwit fit...

Kwik Fit — Ripping people off

I had my cars MOT done at Kwik Fit last week and it failed. First of all they charge you only £35.00...