Complaints & Reviews

Customer service, wrong product shipped/exchange

Was on phone for literally 1 hour 46 minutes on hold and had to leave my house. Tried online chat, and never got past number 4 after 2 hours. I received the wrong roof rack and need to exchange for the correct one. Easy to take my money, but not to do the right thing and help a customer. If you do not respond I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

X-treme gate slide-out truck bed extender

The worst website to buy from. I order a X-Treme Gate Slide-Out Truck Bed Extender for my truck for work and they said it would arrive in few days. I got a email stating they out of stock because of over order and I have to wait a month. I was upset but I really needed it. Day before It suppose to arrive they email me saying they discounted and there credit me my back. [censored] no. I want my money back. Worst thing ever. Calling my bank to let them know this website is a scam

Customer service

Returned 4 wheels today and company wished to charge me over a hundred dollars in shipping. Email never returned, hung up on twice, and a chat ended twice. Company hasn't refused to contact me regarding this issue or refund me shipping amount when wheels never left fedex truck and fedex told me directly that it was a scam to charge me shipping. Multiple complaints filed

Misleading

Extremely disappointed in this service, especially how they don't keep their word.
I paid for an expedited shipping, as I urgently needed it for my car repair. It was supposed to arrive in 3-4 business days and it was fine, but it didn't arrive. I contacted them and asked what happened, they said that actually, their expedited shipping takes a little more than 3-4 business days. What? How can it be an expedited shipping then? Why did I pay for that if I couldn't get the fastest service?

Mossy oak seat covers

This company is a scam and a fraud. Theye have stolen my money and will not give me a status update on my...

Worst company! Don't buy from them!

I found something I was looking for on AutoAnything website and immediately made an order. I was really excited about my purchase. Unfortunately I never received anything because my item was not in stock and quite a lot of time passed until they finally told me. I'm very disappointed that I wasted my time and I will never buy from them again. This company is unprofessional and unreliable, it took them over two weeks to contact me and tell that my order was no longer available. Total waste of time.

Never again will I purchase anything from AutoAnything

Bought something from AutoAnything and paid over $200. Received my order in a timely manner but unfortunately everything I received arrived damaged. Called AutoAnything customer service and they refused to refund my money. I have talked to 2 different reps, wasted my time, and they finally offered me a replacement! Well, better than nothing so I agreed.
Two weeks later I called again and asked why was it taking so long. They said that I have to be more patient. Gave them another extra week and nothing. Asked for a refund and they said no again. What a joke!

Seat covers

Do not ever deal with this company. I ordered a set of seat covers for my 2016 sante fe through autoanything and they are a disaster. I received them in mar 2016 but due to weather (i'm in the midwest) and personal issues, wasn't able to install them until around mother's day. The covers were so difficult to install I was only able to get the drivers' seat done. After about a week and a half the cover started to fray and fuzz. When I contacted autoanything about this I was told that I only had 30 days to return them, something they neglected to tell me. I was told to call the manufacturer and they would handle it. When I called the manufacturer (cal trend) they also told me no return nut they would do an exchange for the fraying cover. 4 weeks later and no replacement. Cal trend say they have no record of the request and to take it up with autoanything for exchange for a different material set of covers alas an exchange. Autoanything said that they were denied an exchange through cal trend and we only had the initial 30 days anyway. When I asked about that policy they mentioned it was on their website, just not anywhere I could easily have seen it. They are unwilling to help us exchange our coves for the same thing in a different material and frankly were not the nicest people to deal with, a bit rude. I am now stuck with a set of crummy seat covers that autoanything refuses to help out with and an upset wife whose car they were for.

Shameless company!!

I have ordered some products from AutoAnything two times and both times my experience with them was a disaster. First time it took them over a month to deliver my item, and I'm still waiting for my second order. It was placed back in February and I received nothing yet! When I called AutoAnything to see what was going on with my order they said that it was on its way. They refuse to cancel orders and don't give refunds, so all I can do is wait. But I have no idea how long will it take! Shameless company!!

Wheel purchase

Purchased wheels from their site using their lookup tool. Wheels are wrong and they wont take back because...

Lack of response

I ordered floor mats on a Saturday (10th), the following Thursday (14th) I checked on the status and discovered that the mats had not been processed yet (they promptly took my money though). I emailed them and again got not reply. I sent them another email today (19th) to ask why they did not reply to the first contact? They did finally contact me to say the mats had shipped. Sorry for the delay in response is all I got, no reason it took nine days to process and respond to the order.

Horrible customer service, items are NOT in stock

I have placed orders from autoanything on two occasions. I will NEVER do that again. The first time they shipped 80% of my order and neglected to let to know that the other 20% were not shipping for another 3 weeks until I called them wondering where my missing items were. Online it stated these items were in stock. And then guess what, it happened again with another maybe sorta possibly 3 week wait, they couldn’t be sure. I realize that stuff happens in the warehouse, but at least other parts stores let you when they are shorting the order, an estimated ship date, and maybe even do something nice for you. Autoanything does nothing, doesn't care, and can't even tell you anything more than an approximate ship time. AND their website still lists the missing parts as being in stock. Ridiculous. No other major online auto parts stores run their business in this fashion.

Never recieved my order

I ordered a spare tire rack for my 2003 f150. They copllected the money immediately. Come arrival date I got...

Return policy

the worse return policy I've ever heard of!...Buyer Beware!..If you order from them, and remove the product from the box, you can't return it!..even if you don't like it or if it dosen't do what it's supposed to do!..how can you tell if the product will work if you don't remove it from the box???..i will never order from this company again and will spread the word about AUTOANYTHING!!!

• Mk
    MkStItCh Sep 26, 2014

I am not sure that I agree with what you said... They have a return policy that says all returns must be in original package and can not be used. This means that you open the package, check the item, put it back into the original package and then follow the procedures on the website to return it. All of this must be within 30 days. You must also pay for return shipping. The instructions are on the website as follows:

1. Contact an AutoAnything Customer Care Specialist at (800) 874-8888 and select the "Returns" option (#4).
    2. Our Customer Care Specialists will provide you with an RA#, and email you detailed return instructions.
    3. Clearly write and/or affix the RA# on the package and return to the address specified in the email.
    4. Unless the return is due to manufacturer defect or AutoAnything error, the customer is responsible for return shipping costs. For your convenience, AutoAnything offers discounted return shipping labels. Should you choose this option, the cost of the label will be deducted from the refund amount.
    5. The original method of payment used to place the order will be credited the purchase price, excluding return shipping costs. AutoAnything will send a confirmation email once the refund has been issued. Please allow 5-7 business days for your bank to process the credit.

Joella Torrez Mar 25, 2015

We just ordered $450.00 worth of items, we ordered floor mats for 2 vehicles front and back, bug shield, and mud flaps for my husbands brand new truck . The mud flaps are suppose to be universal fits all types of vehicles well they are way to big . Not more than an hour ago we tried to return them in the same box we received them in and entirely brand new and your representive on the phone that spoke poor English made us wonder if he was illegally in the states did not allow us to return items. Said we had custom ordered them, no we didn't Universal means fit all types of trucks . We will never do business with you company again buyers beware if you don't like the item you ordered or not proper fit your screwed. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Joella Torrez and Richard Cowan
    Chama, NM

Delay in shipping

I ordered a trailer hitch from autoanything and it when it did not arrive when it was scheduled to do so i contacted autoanything and they advised that the hitch had been delayed from the manufacturer and that it would not be shipped for another 3 days, when it still did not arrive I re contacted and contacted them on a Friday and was advised that the item was in stock and would not be shipped until Monday. I complained and was promised that it would be shipped out that Friday night, and it would take from 3 to 5 days for me to receive it. It is now Wednesday and no hitch, so I called again and was advised that it was scheduled to be at my residence on Thursday. I had to rent a truck to move items that I had intended to use the trailer for. Auto anything refused to pay for expedited shipping or to pay $23.00 for another brand of hitch that had been in stock at initial purchase.
I also found the wiring at another company for $23.00 less than at autoanything, they did refund the difference, but they are not the lowest price out there.
I would NOT ever recommend this company for a purchase.

Terrible customer service

Ordered a Tonneau cover with AutoAnything. They were supposed to make delivery to my home. The coordination...

False advertising

I purchased a complete set of seat covers for my 2014 Toyota Tundra. When I recieved the items they were NOT...

No refund for return

Upon the recommendation of the AutoAnything sales staff, I ordered a set of 4 Stampede Trail Riderz Fender Flares and received them as I expected. I opened the box and took one of them out and compared it to the OEM flares on my Suburban. The flare was no wider than the OEMs on the vehicle. So I put the one flare back in the box; called for a RMA, and sent them back. Now understand, the flares were in plastic bag sleeves and loose in this big box. When I returned them, they were in the same sleeves and loose in the big box. I just received notification that they were going to take my $350.00 Here's their apology...
"Dear James,
We have received your returned item(s) covered by RMA #6910. We regret to inform you that this return has failed its inspection, has arrived to us incomplete, damaged, or was lacking the necessary packaging & paperwork to validate a credit for this return.
In accordance with our stated Return & Exchange Policy, any credit issued prior to this e-mail has been revoked, and the original charge for the item(s) covered by RMA #6910 has been reinstated.
You may return any omitted items for inspection to re-apply for a return credit. Any additionally returned items must also pass inspection prior to a new return credit being issued. Your return item(s) are being shipped back to you.
For a complete listing of our Return & Exchange Policy, please see our website:

We apologize for not being able to endorse this return and return credit for you. If you have any further questions please give us a call:"

Dishonest company

AutoAnything is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Apparently, I am not the only dissatisfied customer. I placed an order for floor mats on 09-18-12. As of today, 8 days later, my order has not been processed or shipped. I contacted customer service and spoke to a rude and clueless person who tried to tell me these floor mats were made to order. He continued to try to convince me that these floor mats weren't even made prior to my order being placed. Are you kidding me? Floor mats that are made to order?!!! He proceeded to tell me that these floor mats were NOT in stock and were being sent from the manufacturer. After reading many reviews, it appears that this company doesn't have anything in stock and is merely a middle man that Drop Ships!! I was told that if I wanted to cancel my order it would take 24-36 hours to process that and another 5 business days to get my money returned. How can this company still exist doing business like this?!!! Luckily I paid with Paypal and have filed a complaint with them. It might take a week or so for me to get my money back, but I DEFINITELY would NEVER buy from this company again. Take this as a warning and save yourself grief. Don't use AutoAnything!!!

Poor service

I purchased brakes for my car. They sent the wrong ones. When I complained, it took almost a week to get back to me. Then they refused to send out new ones until the old ones had been returned, despite having my credit card information to collateralize the brake pads. Don't buy from them! It is not worth it!

• Au
    AutoAnything. Dec 07, 2010

Hello,
    I apologize for your experience. We are passionate about our Customer Service so please contact me directly and I will see to it that your issue is resolved to your satisfaction. You can reach me direct at 858-300-1946 or [email protected]
    regards,
    Clark Kreston
    Customer Service Manager

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices