Resolved Aurora Loan ServicesFraud and scam

N

Yesterday, I finally found out that Homecomings Financial owns my Aurora Loan Services 1st Mortgage. Originally, Homecomings held both my 1st and 2nd loans. Then last summer they 'sold' the 1st to Aurora Loans, or so they said.

In August '08, when I realized I needed some kind of loan modification or I could lose my house, I called Aurora Loans for help with the 1st mortgage. They told me that since both loans were no longer with the same company, they could not help me with any type of loan modification.

Next, when I called Homecomings Financial to see could be done about the 2nd, Homecomings handed me the same line. Because they only owned one of my mortgage loans, they were unable to help with any loan modifications.

In the Fall of ‘08 I had to resort to a Short Sale, but even then Aurora refused to talk with our Realtor, and would not consider any offers or dealings whatsoever that involved a short sale.

On Jan. 8, 2009, Homecomings (the company we thought was holding only the 2nd mortgage) began foreclosure proceedings. I received the Notice of Default, dated Jan. 8, 08. Still trying to figure out why Homecomings listed my mortgage on the Notice of Default as $750, 000 instead of the $150, 000 I owe Homecomings for the 2nd, I decided to contact Aurora Loan Services to ask them who really owns my first mortgage.

I called Aurora Loan Services yesterday (Feb. 18, 09), and their rep said she could not disclose the name of my lender because my lender is a private investor. She did offer that the loan is not with Fanny Mae or Freddie Mac.

Finally, I pulled out my records and double-checked my Deed of Trust. As it turns out, apparently I was never issued a new deed last summer when Aurora supposedly bought my loan. So, I called the Los Angeles County Clerk's office, only to find out THAT HOMECOMINGS HAS BEEN THE LENDER FOR BOTH LOANS ALL ALONG!

Both companies lied to me in saying that “two separate companies" owned the loans, they misrepresented themselves with monthly statements that had no indication that these two companies were connected in any way, they refused to talk with me or my Realtor when we tried to do a legitimate short-sale, and they still refuse to disclose that Homecomings owns both the 1st and the 2nd mortgages.

How can we find out of anyone is planning a class action suit against either of these two companies? I will be calling the FTC today to register a formal complaint about these rapscallions.

• Ld
    lds Feb 24, 2009

I'm going through the exact same run around with Aurora. Attention should be brought to this company immediately. I intend to file a complaint as well. Thanks for posting.

• Wa
    Wanda Feb 24, 2009

If anyone plans to conduct a class action suit against Aurora Loan Services please COUNT ME IN!!!

Wanda

• Vi
    vijay Mar 05, 2009

I should check with Aurora about who loans my loan???? I have first with Aurora and Second with Homecomings!!! How can I find out who is the original note holder? Can I get the info from the County office?

• Le
    LeAnn Janke Mar 06, 2009

I have received the same treatment from Aurora, they keep telling me they can not tell me who owns my mortgages. Now they tell me I have to fax them a request signed to this number, fax#303-728-7648, after they claimed at the beginning they owned my mortgages...include me in on any class actions . And if any help is out there to help find out who really owns your mortgages please respond. Because I am sure from this fax# I will be sent some where else... LeAnn at [email protected] Thanks!!! Subject:Aurora Loan Servicing Pratices Bad Banking Skills!

Jakgaph Mar 11, 2009

Hey all...I am in...here is some stuff you should check out

http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=Aurora+Loan+Services+Inc 81 Federal Lawsuits against Aurora currently

Aurora Loan Services, LLC v SATTAR, Judge Arthur M. SCHACK, Kings, Index No. 15208/2007 (09 Oct 2007)
    In Aurora Loan Services, LLC v SATTAR, Judge SHACK denied an application for an order for service by publication and dismissed the complaint by Aurora Loan Services, LLC, due to the plaintiff's lack of standing. The plaintiff pled a promissory note and mortgage iin which the promissory note was in favor of First Magnus Financial Corporation and the mortgage was recorded in favor of MERS. Judge SCHACK notes that there is no evidence whatsoever within the record that the mortgage was assigned in favor of the plaintiff and notes that no such mortgage assignemnt was either pled or recorded. Judge SCHACK goes on to note that First Magnus Financial Corporation had gone out of business in AUgust 2007 and filed for bankruptcy on August 21, 2007. The opinion then contains a thorough discussion of the case authority requiring a plaintiff to have demonstrable standing in order to be eligible to maintian a suit. In addition to dismissing the suit, Judge SCHACK also cancelled the notice of pendency. Judge SCHACK also found the original complaint and suit to be frivolous, but declined to impose sanctions upon the law firm filing the suit because it was the first instance that the Court had noted such conduct.

Produce the note (this got me thinking)

Produce the note (CNN Money)

Woman discusses 2 parties trying to foreclose (news Story)

Produce the note (CNN)

Good morning ameerica produce the note (feb 2009)

Success with produce the note (RI attorney)

A differnet twist discussing fiat currency

Articles
    Florida

Judges making companies produce the note

Mortgage Note issues help Debtors avoid foreclosure

Who owns your loan

More on note case

Derivatives & Mortgage Notes

AZ foreclosure laws

Ohio Case

Two different plaintiffs claim to own mortgage

Banks Lose foreclosure case no note

Mortgage Servicing Fraud

Lehman Bankruptcy (LEH owns Aurora Loan Servicing)

RESPA LETTER

James Mar 12, 2009

Aurora Loan Services holds my first and second. I had sent a retention packet to them preemptively as my wife and I are still current. They received and documented that they had received the packet in their system on 1/30/09. On 3/7/09 when I phoned them to discuss the negotiation, their representative blatantly lied to me saying they had not received my packet, and because of this she could not assist me further. I called back; I had hung up and my wife had a question about Escrow... The next rep who helped me with that question mentioned that the previous person I had dealt with noted in the system that the paperwork they had had yet to be reviewed, yet that first representative had turned me away without disclosing the truth. I now have no trust in a transaction relationship with them and plan to sue them for the settlement of my mortgage as paid in full. Crazy? Maybe, but because of the irreparable damage caused when their agent purposely lied to me, and my inability to have any other bank buy my note becuase of its worthlessness in terms of upside down equity, I believe I have no other recourse.

• Tr
    TRACY May 12, 2009

I am on board with complaints about Aurora Loan Services. I, too, have a loan that I am trying to modify. The whole thing is frusterating. [email protected]

• Ie
    IE Guy May 13, 2009

After faxing a letter requesting to know who my note holder was, I finally got a reply!!! According to Aurora, the investor is Citibank, N.A., in trust for, Lehman XS Trust Mortgage. With this given information, does anyone know what the next step could be?!?! Any help apprecicated!!!

Also, if anyone would like, I can email a copy of the letter sent (in a word document) for your convenience.

Thanks!!!

Las Vegas May 14, 2009

Aurora Servicing... Once you know who your investor is find out if they purchased MIP insurance... then find out who the insurance company is. Example my investor is Freddie Mac and they are insured with Triad Guaranty. The insurance company was very interested to find out how uncooperative auraoa was and was able to help to get aurora back on track and do a modification. The insurance company is on the hook if the proptery goes into foreclosure so they have an interst in working out a win win situation.

• Ar
    Ariel65 May 27, 2009

i'M IN THE SAME SITUATION . .. i'M MAKING BIG PAYMENTS WITH THE PROMISE OF A MODIFICATION LOAN BUT I DON SEE MY BALANCE GOING DOWN BUT UP WITH FEES AND NO ONE ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS . .. MY E-MAIL [email protected] . . .. I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

• Be
    benjamin duong Jun 12, 2009

I am also trying to modify my ARM from Aurora. They will not not tell me who owns my mortgages and I'm always on hold for 40+ minutes. If there is anything anyone can do to help me please contact my at [email protected]

Jade Jun 16, 2009

Please contact me if you have any knowledge of a class action lawsuit against Aurora Loan Services. We too have fallen victim to their unfair lending practices and lies. They refuse to help. They told us to let our house go.

Jade Jun 16, 2009

My email is: [email protected]

• Hello, my name is Christopher Scott founder of Mortgage Recovery Service Center of Los Angeles. We are a para-professional mortgage fruad research group. Our services is to evaluate loan applications and determine if the broker or lender falsified the income or assets, draft federal complaint out lining the fruad and file the complaint in federal court. Currently there are thousands of victoms of this kind of mortgage fruad. And most of them do not even know. I say, if you could afford your home prior to the new loan. You should be able to afford a new one loan "if the broker and lender used your correct income and assets. It's the broker and lenders responsibillity to process a loan the homeowner can afford. And reject the loan if you are under-qualified! I ask that all of those who are having trouble with your loans. Take a look at your loan application ( it's called a 1003). Compare the income and assets on the loan application to the income and assets you show on your tax return and check stubs? If they don't match. And you had nothing to do with falsifying this information on the loan application. Your a victim of MORTGAGE FRUAD! THAT'S WHY YOUR LOSING YOUR HOME AND THE BANKS WANT MODIFY THE LOAN. THEY REALIZE YOU COULD'NT AFFORD IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOWEVER, FOR THE SAKE OF GREED, THE BROKER SUBMITTED THE LOAN AND THE LENDER CLOSED THEIR EYES AND FUNDED IT. THEY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN, SEEING THE THAT THESE TYPES OF LOANS ARE PROSECUTED AROUND THE COUNTY BY THE UNITED STATE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE. DID YOU KNOW THAT FALSIFYING THIS INFOMATION CARRY' A PRISON TERM OF UP TO THIRTY YEARS AND A FINE OF UP TO ONE MILLON DOLLARS. CAN YOU COPE WITH THAT? HAD THE BROKER OR LENDER TOLD YOU THIS IN THE BEGINNING, WOULD YOU HAVE SIGNED THE LOAN APPLICATION? THIS IS CALLED UNFAIR AND UNLAWFUL PRACTICES! NOW IF YOUR ONE OF THOSE UNFORTUNATE PERSONS WHO HAS LOST AN INCOME OR JOB. AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE MORTGAGE. THAT NOT WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT! BUT THOSE OTHER, IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR LOAN APPLICATION. CALL YOUR BROKER AND ORDER IT OR PICK IT UP. TELL THEM YOU WANT TO USE THE SAME INFORMATION THAT YOU USED WHEN YOU GOT THE KNEW LOAN. ALSO TELL THEM THAT YOU NEED IT TO HELP GET YOUR LOAN MODIFIED. CALL ME AND WE CAN GO OVER THE APPLICATION. YOUR LENDER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR HARDSHIP! Don't let them get you!
    CHRISTOPHER SCOTT
    Mortgage Recovery Service
    Center of Los Angeles
    310-957-7079
    P.O. Box 470697
    Los Angeles, CA 90047

• Da
    davis98271 Aug 06, 2009

I am with all that want a suit against Aurora Loan, I have been dealing with them on and off and they will not help me at all. I have the same complaints as you all. My email is [email protected] please let me know how I can help this go forward.

Sincerely,

Mathew Davis

• Hey Mathew. Lets discuss your loan sanerio?

• Tr
    tryphenag Aug 20, 2009

Aurora Loan Servicing is an evil company. Every complaint shown above is true. They lie, they never return phone calls, they are rude, the claim they never got your documents (althought you faxed them 10 times). PLEASE let me know who is taking this bull by the horns and filing a class action against these creeps.
    Contact me : [email protected]

• Re
    regineia Oct 26, 2009

I applied trough HAMP program and Aurora denied me sending a letter that my denial was based on the negative property value of my rsidence. It is not my fault. the Whole Florida is lliving with this nigthmare . How can I go agains them? how canI pressure them to review my property value and apporve me. my income and docs approve me just the property value killed me. [email protected]

• Th
    The Truth123 Oct 31, 2009

DO NOT DO A LOAN MOD. PLAN FOR abcde type of situations!
    The 3 month trial period is a scam………..PLEASE if you are in desperation, do not pay anyone for anything. I can’t stress this over the internet but if you search for loan mods that are going or went through they are lies. Not just mine and I’m still in one right now, but hundreds that have had the time to tell the American people about the fraud by sending this. Here is a hint: you send 1200 for the 3 month trial every month: part goes to taxes, part to home insurance and the rest is in their pocket….not towards your mortgage. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT SPEND YOUR SAVINGS!!!

PS. I canceled the check before they are getting' my 3rd month trial payment. Class action is what I do believe is what would be needed in this whole foreclosure scheme/SCAM! [email protected]

NormP1153 Nov 15, 2009

Aurora is a Wart on the back end of a hog. Tried the Loan Mod, and was originally "approved" but on review of the Loan Mod Docs, I noted a serious error in the computation of the escrow. When I contacted, or shall I say when they finally contacted me, they gave me the option of just signing the docs and living with the excessive escrow error, or thye offered to recopute the escrow and PROMISED to have the new docs in my hands in plenty of time before the next payment was due. Now there's a lie for you! After repeated telephone calls, they finally returned my call when the first payment was due and told me that I was now denied the Loan Modification! In addition, they had the audacity to demand all payments be made current. They also stated they would be back to me in 14 days with the results of a re-review after I questioned their position. Rather than be put in a worse position, I signed and notarized the original docs, sent them in with the proper payment under the Loan Modification Plan. I have not heard a peep, they cashed my check and I am now prepared to just let them have the house back if they balk. If they foreclose, let them explain themselves to the foreclosure judge; I have all the documents and witnesses to our conversations (including my attorney). If they win and file a deficiency judgement, I'll just declare bankruptcy. NOW who wins? They could play ball, but I have found out Aurora is just giving 'lip service' to the Obama Home Modification Program because they never took TARP money! Aurora Loan mods? FORGET IT! IT is time for a Class Action Suit. They lie, they delay, then expect you to make good as you are the offending party!

• Au
    aurora needs to be sued Nov 20, 2009

I'm in on a class action law suit! they are foreclosing on us after my husband had cancer for 18mos. We're back on our feet and they won't approve us. they are CRIMINALS!

• Gs
    gsb1934 Nov 27, 2009

We made our October 2009 Payment and have PROOF with a signed receipt and copies of the money orders. They refuse to accept our Proof of Payment and are considering us delinquent. It is easy to see on the Statement for November where THEY made the mistake in posting<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    respond to [email protected]

Marylulu Dec 04, 2009

Pleas include me in your class action lawsuit

MarC00 Dec 15, 2009

Aurora Loan Services needs to be put out of business and give all the consumers that have lost their homes, either their homes back or monies for all the damage they have done to them.

Las Vegas Jan 02, 2010

After 7 months we got our modification agreement. The escrow was high but that was because ever though they paid it, it was not taken from any of the funds I sent. Instead they are giving us 5 years to repay no interest charged on that amount. We lowered our payment over $400 went from an interest only loan to a fixed rate of 2% for the first five years payment includes interest, principle, taxes and insurance.

I welcome your e-mail at [email protected]

Chrisde Jan 07, 2010

Good day
    We give out financial assistance to those who have a dream business but is faced with the challenges of finance. We help you actualize your dream faster and easier in a way of rendering you financial assistance. You can obtain loan from us at a very low interest rate. Grab this opportunity now.
    You can contact us via our mail. [email protected]
    Best Regards
    Mrs. Christina Dejesus

Jade Jan 12, 2010

Not only is my home being taken by Aurora Loan Services, I was scammed by Prozinski and Associates for $2, 295.00. They are a southern California Lawfirm who do or did loan modifications. The contract guarantees 100% refund if no modification is given. Well, they are in breech of contract as no refund was given. See their complaints on this website. They won't return phone calls or emails and have since deleted their website. Not only are we being scammed by lenders, but attorneys as well.

• Tu
    tucker100 Jan 13, 2010

It is time for a Class Action Suit. Write or call your Congressional Representatives and let them know what a sleaze outfit Aurora is.

Jade Jan 13, 2010

Believe me, I have contacted everyone I could possibly think of - senators, assemblypersons, the Governor, the president, the Office of Thrift Supervision, BBB, Consumer Affairs, and the list goes on. No one is helping. They just keep going in circles referring the complaint to the next person or agency and then they refer it out and it eventually goes nowhere. No one cares.
    The lenders and attorneys are in total control of the market, the economy, and our lives.

• Em
    Embernyx Jan 24, 2010

I knew there was something wrong with this so called Aurora Loan Service company thats why I decided to do some research on this company. My parents are trying to get a loan modification for their home in Southern California. They "purchased" for 700, 000 back in early 2007. Payments were almost 5, 000. They got a lawyer over a year ago to help but so far not much has been done. Letters come in weekly ones talking of plans, foreclosure and whatnot. The latest says that they have extended a "HAMP Trial Period Plan" & that they don't have all the documentation. Almost all the letters say they don't have all the documents when I know they send all the papers on time(through fax, mail etc.) My mom said that everything would conclude January 2010. Now they want letters, bank statements, tax returns etc. It looks like its going to continue, its been over a year. Someone isn't doing their job either its the lawyer or this company or both. I say both. I'm going to talk to the lawyer this Monday. What do you guys think?

jackice Jan 25, 2010

Here is someone who has been talking to attys and may be putting together a class action suit.

Jade Jan 28, 2010

I have been trying to get a loan modification with Aurora for two years. I was even scammed by a loan mod attorney. They repeatedly deny my loan mod requests. I have a negative amortization option ARM loan. My principal and interest is over $4, 500/mo. w/o taxes, insurance, ... I qualify for HAMP because the debt to income ratio is way over the 31%, more like 50%. My loan continues to grow. I have gone round and round with Aurora as they are basing the Net Present Value on the minimum option ARM payment and not on the principal and interest payment as stated in the HAMP Guidelines. They said that is the way the Treasury Dept. does it, end of story.
    Does anyone have any information regarding the NPV on neg am option ARM Loans?

• Br
    br brady Feb 23, 2010

how do I get info on this class action? [email protected]

Las Vegas Feb 24, 2010

Please remember AUROA is a servicer not the lender. The respresent many investors (Lehman brothers, freddie mac) is just a few examples. Until you find out who the investor is you have no leverage.

• Ha
    Haya Mar 24, 2010

Hi all, I'm a homeowner and victim of Aurora's business practices and as a result appear to be heading into default and possibly foreclosure. I am not going to put up with it anymore and have decided to pursue my case with an attorney. Please contact me with your story if you’ve been having similar problems with your Aurora mortgage or loan mod and are interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit.

• Co
    coreym Mar 25, 2010

www.occ.treas.gov/

go to The Comtroller of the Currency Adminstrator of National Banks and file a complaint you should get results from them

• Co
    coreym Mar 25, 2010

www.occ.treas.gov/

go to The Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks and file a complaint you should get results from them

Hope this helps you

• Ra
    Raynchris Mar 28, 2010

WE have been trying to Modify our loan under the Obama Plan and we were current on our mortgage when we started. We were told not to make a mortgage payment to get the trial payments set up. We went through this for several months and now we get a deinal letter and that we owe $6400.00. Aurora put us in this situation and now they tell us that our loan is with a Private investor and will not tell us who it it. every time we call to try to talk to some one we get a different story. We have been told that a supervisor will call us back or an underwriter will call us back and it never happens. If there is a class action suit filed we want in and we will be speaking to the MO Atty General as well. This is out of control.

• Xe
    Xena101 Mar 30, 2010

It is now March 30th, I have been dealing with Aurora since November 5th. As of today, they have over 256 law suits against them. With all of us, can we find an attorney that will help us put these evil idiots out of business so they can no longer destroy lives?

Jade Mar 30, 2010

No one is willing to help us. I have been at it since 2008 and still no help. At present my home has depreciated by $365, 000 and of course I owe almost twice as much as it is worth. All these lawsuits and yet nothing is happening. Aurora files motions to dismiss and the lawsuits get held up in court for who knows how long.