Aurora Loan ServicesFraud and scam

N

Yesterday, I finally found out that Homecomings Financial owns my Aurora Loan Services 1st Mortgage. Originally, Homecomings held both my 1st and 2nd loans. Then last summer they 'sold' the 1st to Aurora Loans, or so they said.

In August '08, when I realized I needed some kind of loan modification or I could lose my house, I called Aurora Loans for help with the 1st mortgage. They told me that since both loans were no longer with the same company, they could not help me with any type of loan modification.

Next, when I called Homecomings Financial to see could be done about the 2nd, Homecomings handed me the same line. Because they only owned one of my mortgage loans, they were unable to help with any loan modifications.

In the Fall of ‘08 I had to resort to a Short Sale, but even then Aurora refused to talk with our Realtor, and would not consider any offers or dealings whatsoever that involved a short sale.

On Jan. 8, 2009, Homecomings (the company we thought was holding only the 2nd mortgage) began foreclosure proceedings. I received the Notice of Default, dated Jan. 8, 08. Still trying to figure out why Homecomings listed my mortgage on the Notice of Default as $750, 000 instead of the $150, 000 I owe Homecomings for the 2nd, I decided to contact Aurora Loan Services to ask them who really owns my first mortgage.

I called Aurora Loan Services yesterday (Feb. 18, 09), and their rep said she could not disclose the name of my lender because my lender is a private investor. She did offer that the loan is not with Fanny Mae or Freddie Mac.

Finally, I pulled out my records and double-checked my Deed of Trust. As it turns out, apparently I was never issued a new deed last summer when Aurora supposedly bought my loan. So, I called the Los Angeles County Clerk's office, only to find out THAT HOMECOMINGS HAS BEEN THE LENDER FOR BOTH LOANS ALL ALONG!

Both companies lied to me in saying that “two separate companies" owned the loans, they misrepresented themselves with monthly statements that had no indication that these two companies were connected in any way, they refused to talk with me or my Realtor when we tried to do a legitimate short-sale, and they still refuse to disclose that Homecomings owns both the 1st and the 2nd mortgages.

How can we find out of anyone is planning a class action suit against either of these two companies? I will be calling the FTC today to register a formal complaint about these rapscallions.

anaonate Feb 16, 2013

They will Not Help you don't expect miracles from this people. Run Away, NOW!! and they wkk eventually, send yo to court and the court wll fight for them not for you!! **Check site: http://www.starherald.com/news/business/ten-banks-agree-to-pay-b-for-foreclosure-abuse/article_f41babfc-59c8-11e2-bbb0-0019bb2963f4.html

• Jw
    JWCL Jan 31, 2012

AURORA LOCKED US OUT OF OUR INVESTMENT PROPERTY WHEN IT WAS NOT UNDER FORCLOSURE. OVER A YEAR LATER THEY SENT US A 20 DAY NOTICE TO RESPOND TO A FORECLOSURE HEARING THAT HAPPENED 2 MONTHS AGO. WE ARE STILL GETTING 5+ CALLS FROM THEM EVERY DAY, EVEN AFTER THEY TOOK THE HOUSE. CAN ANYONE RECOMEND A GOOD LAWYER?

• Li
    Live Free Jun 20, 2011

Here’s an idea….READ YOUR DEED OF TRUST!!! At the very beginning OF THIS CONTRACT; under definitions, (usually “C”) it tells you who the lender is… If your CONTRACT reads Lender is… (fill in the blank) Lender is (fill in the blank) organized and existing under the laws of (fill in the Blank) Address is (fill in the blank)… That is THE ONLY LENDER; THERE IS NO OTHER LENDER!!! The next party trying to collect from you is Holder, Bearer, or Purchaser…. NOT LENDER. If the rest of your Deed of Trust refers to the LENDER can do this, or that… Legally that is the only party who can perform those things. Like around paragraph #24(ish) which states who can assign a SUBSTITUE TRUSTEE… And who can assign a trustee? Lender? If your CONTRACT reads LENDER ONLY and you’re Deed has been “transferred” whoever has it now probably doesn’t have a leg to stand on… Now how are your legs? Fell like walking away or fighting?...

annoyedbyaurora May 11, 2011

Hi I understand your fustration too...i have been dealing with them for the past 2 yrs and they had me on 3 times trial pmts...and they turned around and said that we dont qualify that they will try to qualify us on a traditional modification...again same story over and over...i try talking with executors and nothing these people need to stop with they scam...thats what they want for us to give up and forget about us...but im not giving up i have not been paying the mortgage for about 1yr now...they are still working on a modification wt* dont get it really whats their stupid procedure...please we as customers and consumers need to do something and fast...Im gonna start writting letters to senators, congressman, governors etc...we need to be heard...i dont get how other banks example...wells fargo, b of a, citibank, chase are helping their customers...

Dana N May 07, 2011

I can't help but wonder why with all these complaints the FTC hasn't stepped in to do something about these companies!!! we must have enough people suffering for them to step in. I was told that if enough complaints where filed they would step in!!...where are they? bailing out big banks, helping the rich stay rich!!! this is an outrage. Good for you for standing your ground!!! I commend you and will be emailing you to see what if any pr0gress has been made. They should be sued for every dime they have stolen from people

FightAuroraLoan May 07, 2011

I was foreclosed on almost 1 year ago. But I'm STILL living in the house. Never back down, and never give it. I went into battle (aka court), and came out winning twice thus far. You have POWER you didn't even know existed. Email me at [email protected]

get some new shoes and prepare to kick bank butt!!! yippie!

FightAuroraLoan May 07, 2011

Folks, you have REAL power to fight Aurora. Learn how to fight in Court. Download your State's rules of civil procedure. Record EVERY conversation with aurora (check your state's laws on this)

FightAuroraLoan May 07, 2011

We are the Aurora Victim Network on Facebook. We are fighting back against illegal foreclosures by Aurora. Do you have a fight inside of you and seek justice, truth, and vindication? Do you want to kick this bank's butt? Have fun doing some butt kicking of this bank and TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE!

[email protected]

Angry in Seattle May 03, 2011

I too have been screwed by Aurora, I started dealing with them in 2008, BEFORE I had any late payments, after following the forbearance procedure, which is make the payment amount that they give you for 3 months and then you are supposed to have a "MODIFICATION", which lasted 1 year at the higher payments, I was told I did not send in the correct paper work, I told them I have all Fed x slips that the paperwork was received and who signed for it, I was told that there was NO PROOF that I had sent anything in the Fed X envelope. I was mortified that this is how they handle business. Aurora just runs you in circles until you GIVE UP. I hope that SOMEHOW we can SUE them, this is crazy, where is our government NOW that we need them to step up and deal with the ongoing disaster that is happening to ANYONE who has to deal with this incompetent company !!!

• Aw
    A. Wright Apr 25, 2011

I contacted Aurora to inquire about a loan modification on a loan that I have with them for a rental property. I mentioned that my tenants were moving and that without the rental income my property was in jeopardy of foreclosure. This was to appeal to them that I needed assistance.
    A couple months later I contacted Aurora for another reason and during the conversation the agent mentioned that I needed to transfer to the insurance department. It took several transfers and follow up phone calls to discover that my insurance policy was cancelled. Aurora claimed not to know why this occurred.
    When I contacted my insurance company they advised that due to receiving notification from Aurora that my house was in foreclosure, (which it was not and never had been) my insurance policy had been canceled. After a series of calls I was able to get a supervisor from Aurora on the phone who confirmed to the agent that my loan was current, also at that time I had a tenant so I was able to fax a copy of my lease and have my insurance re-instated.
    This mistake was a clear indicator of how stupid this company is. What mortgage company takes a statement made during a modification request and sends a letter to a customer’s insurance company without notifying the customer first? What kind of company receives notification that a customer’s policy is cancelled and sits on it without action, what kind of company waits until the customer calls in for a totally non related matter and then says oh by the way you need to transfer to our insurance department??? To think that my property could have burned down or been vandalized during the month that I did not have insurance resulting in my being fully responsible for the loss.
    I have asked Aurora to provide restitution for this error but they have declined to do so. I’d like to sue them for this mistake, because due to their mistake I lost;
    1. My lower insurance rate as my policy was priced higher when I re-instated it.
    2. Inc ome, I took a morning and an afternoon off from work to resolve this.
    3. Cost of telephone calls made
    4. Energy
    5. And the confidence in my mortgage company that they can handle my business affairs.
    reach me at [email protected]

• Lu
    LUIS F. GALLINA Apr 16, 2011

AURORA LOAN SERVICES.

PIRATES...BIG MAFIA ...THIEFS

EVERYBODY., DO NOT MADE ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

• Do
    Dongerz Apr 06, 2011

ALS forclosed on us after leading us on that they were working on a loan mod.

• Ap
    AprilR24 Mar 21, 2011

I am so with all of you. My husband had a choice take a pay cut or lose your job. He took the pay cut to keep the job. We cannot afford our mortgage and have asked for help. They of course denied us! Told us we make enough money to afford our mortgage before taxes. Thats money in the governments pocket not mine. Even told me to turn my electric and gas off to save a couple hundred dollars. now my home is in Foreclosure and I don't know how to save it or what to do. I would so be willing to join any lawsuit! [email protected]

• Vb
    V. Brown Mar 08, 2011

Aurora Loans has emotionally and financially terrorized me. They started foreclosure on my home after I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy. I thought this would help protect me from Aurora loans preditory ways, it has not . The trustee is making my mortgage payments and Aurora is attempting to charge me late fees every month. They has refused to modify my loan. I have attempted to make every possible arrangement to keep up with my payments and was denied every step of the way. I feel like a cash cow. Now instead of letting me re-group their intention is to raise my payment $200.00 monthly. This will probably cause me to convert my chapter 13 bankruptcy to a chapter 7 . Aurora would then get my daughters and my house.

If there is anyone who can truly help us fight against this type of preditory lender please notify me at [email protected]

Dana N Mar 06, 2011

these companies are required by LAW to show homeowners the new lending information, when the loan is sold they must let you know.I never received that information, how about anyone else? I am so sick of big money!!

Dana N Mar 06, 2011

Terrible,
    I agree, the program is a joke.if your behind they will but if your not they won't stupid people running a crooked operation at the expense of hard working Americans. I can't believe that this is happening to so many people and the government is sending money to help the people of other countries while are people are starving, unemployed and losing their homes, unforgivable and crazy making.

Charly17 Mar 05, 2011

These comments are so true. My husband was recently unemployed after 32 years with the same Company that owes us Workers Compensation Payments. We have repeatedly related our case to Aurora with filed papers for the UPS Program only to be told after the fact we were kick out. They also made us make our account current to the tune of $9800 which meant we had to beg, borrow and steal to get. I am still waiting for a letter stating we owe even more. We tried the modification route only to be told there is the option of short sale, foreclosure or bankruptcy. They never seem to know what they are doing and do not want to help anyone. If there is a class action suit, count me in too. I plan to use the E-Mail service to President Obama, to let him know what a joke Aurora Loan Service is making out of his Home Modification Program.

Dana N Feb 15, 2011

Horrible! I cannot belive that the FTC and other higher ups don't do something about these companies. it is an outrage.

• Tr
    tryphenag Feb 15, 2011

Aurora Loan Services is just a debt collector. Their attorneys and the employees of Aurora arde nothing but liars and cheats and lower than the [censor] of the earth. They lied on every document. Between Mers, Cal Western and Aurora, they have one of the cruellest foreclosure mills in the business. Every document I have is a fradulent one. I have nothing but robo-signatures on these documents. I asked for my note. Justin Balser, one of Aurora's scummy attorneys emailed me back "you do not need any of the recorded documents and we'll see about getting you the note."
    That was 22 months ago! The last documents was 100% fradulent. They even got a stupid and ignorant judge here in Sacramento County, California to believe them. Oh my God - this country is going to the DOGS. Justice is non-existent.

Finding it funny Feb 14, 2011

Aurora gave me ALL my X husbands information; they called asked for him I said not the right person - then began telling me all his personal and private information…. I am not on ANY of his loans … Amazing ethics they don’t have! And "I" told them wrong person. I love it when major companies chose not to follow the ethics code and throw confidentiality out the window. I believe they were a part of of Leamon Brothers?

Dana N Dec 16, 2010

Those crooks!!! I have written every possible person regarding this, and it's a mystery, apparantly NO ONE knows the anser, not even the crook of a lawyer I used when I filed bankruptcy and reffirmed my agreement to pay, what I did NOT agree to was GMAC NOT honoring the "good faith agreement" what an insult, they froze the available equity in my 2nd (HELOC) forever, no reinstatement options, no negotiations, I received a very nasty letter telling me that are not changing their postions... so pay the $10, 500 but don't ask to use any of the money, I found out when i requested checks MANY MONTHS later that i could not have them because of this friggin act and my bankruptcyHave you every heard of the Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z?? the Bank of the Federal Reserve has given these a#$%*%#$ a free pass to do this under the Act, it states "they reserve the right to" SCREW PEOPLE OVER!!! my lawyer who got $300o never mentioned this could happen and stopped replying when I started asking questions. I am so pissed it's not even funny!!! It does not say (as far as I good see) that they "HAVE" to do this, wording is what killls me, and GMAC and Aurora Loans took/take advantage of this and are running with it. How can we all come together to sue the s^%$ out of these people. ask for Original loan documents these crooks have sold these loans so many times they don't know if there foot or horsedback!!! They are making big money off of all us, how did this happen? and how can it continue to go on. Be careful when you file bankuptcy if you have a Heloc/equity line of credit, these companies will not honor their end of the "good faith agreement" and why should they, The Truth in Lending Act/ ReuglationZ let's them steal from us. I hope to hear back from everyone and anyone in my situation or similiar. if people don't stand together and bring this to the media or anybody in power, it will not change. I am not going to sit back and say nothing.

Dana N Dec 16, 2010

Well, I am so very sorry that all you folks are having trouble with these CROOKS!!! I am beyond frustrated and am going through all kinds of issues with them. i am so on board for a class action lawsuit, the only problem with a class action suit is that I don't think folks will get the max monies, a private lawyer would be best, and would cost these companies way more money to have to fight individual folks, but let's be realistic here...who can afford that!!! I just faxed them asking for original loan documents, and if I hold my breath for that, I'LL BE DEAD!!! those SOBS are making money off of hard working american's MAKE THEM PRODUCE ORIGINAL LOAN DOCUMENTS!! without them, how can they prove anything. I just paid them 1, 500.. and it shows that $154 and change went to the principal!!! remember they have sold these loans so many times, THEY need to show proof of who owns what loan.

BE very careful if you file bankruptcy, I did that and got screwed by GMAC because they are hiding behind the TRUTH IN LENDING ACT/REGULATION Z, ever heard of that one folks!!! it allows GMAC to "reserve the right" to freeze equity lines of credit (HELOC) FOREVER, no reinstatement options, no negoiations and NO ACCESS TO AVAILABLE EQUITY!! this is the truth people and I am fighting tooth in nail to get GMAC to honor their end of the "good faith agreement" basically I have to pay, which I agreed to in the reaffirmation agreement, what I did NOT agree to was them SCREWING me OVER!! and freezing available equity. I have contacted every senator, MN commerce, office of the comptroller, the bankruptcy lawyer I used and when I started asking questions about why she did not tell me about this Act, she stopped replying!!! bye bye $3000 and tough S*&! for me. and the list goes on and on...no one seems to be able to do anything. I so want to sue the [censor] out of both those companies they are as crooked at the day is long. Thank the "BANK" of the Federal Reserve for that one. I have yet to see any documentation pertaining to Truth in Lending Act that says the "HAVE" to freeze accounts. Let's picket the White House and see if that gets media attention!!! But how?????

Manny Alves Dec 08, 2010

I would like to know if anybody is interested in class action lawsuit against Aurora . We all in the same boat, we need action asap. It looks like we all have same goals, the problem is Aurora, Let's get together, and move on to next step .

My email: [email protected]

• Cs
    csine76 Nov 19, 2010

Please disregard the comment from distressowner. We are a legitimate company and we also did file a suit against Aurora. To post untrue comments about our company is slander.

• Cu
    Cuaklubov Nov 15, 2010

If any body can assist me with up today Class Action against ALS, please let me know. These folks consistently tell you one thing then do something different. I was into a HAMP program for 15+ months and ALS pulled the rug on me for one excuse after another. The real reason they pulled the rug on me and lead me on is that ALS knew all along they were to transfer my loan to another services provider. In the end, I am not looking down the gun barrel of over 10K in attorney and other BS fees. Please help.
    Tks
    Cukalubov

• Di
    distressedowner Oct 27, 2010

BEWARE of the Post re: Joining a class action lawsuit by Huelbig Doc Prep in NY...It is another SCAM preying on the sufferings of people who need real help.

• Mr
    Mr.H Oct 12, 2010

My wife and I have been fighting for our homes since 2008...Program after program...Lie after Lie from Aurora. Payments and paperwork being lost even after I've been informed that they were recieved. A complete mess and these people are trying to take MY home. We've had enough and I glade that we are not alone and mybe together we all can put a stop to Aurora's greedy ways.

• Ro
    robert page Sep 13, 2010

I have been in a loan mod for fifteen months a total of $ 26, 040. I need help [email protected]

chrislange Aug 20, 2010

Come join us in this Fight against Aurora.
    Nationwide

chloebug13 Aug 20, 2010

Is this for New York only?

chrislange Aug 20, 2010

Forward this to everyone:

A fraud class action suit was filed on 8/18/10 against Aurora for fraud.

JOIN US AGAINST AURORA
    Contact: Huelbig Doc Prep Corporation
    Office: [protected]
    Hours of Operaton: Mon- Fri 8-6pm
    Email: [email protected]

chloebug13 Aug 13, 2010

Has anyone gone through a foreclosure with Aurora? We are considering it.

• Al
    als lackey Aug 13, 2010

so to all with an issue contact Dave Hughes the Indianpolis call center manager [protected] work or [protected] cell or contact Joel Davis at [protected] work or [protected] cell he is the boss of all the people who answer you calls.. Good Luck

chloebug13 Aug 06, 2010

I cannot find a group on facebook called : Fight Aurora Loan Services in Federal Court

Do you have a link? We are pissed, just don't know what to do!

• ATTENTION: if you are about to lose your home, please visit the facebook page called "Fight Aurora Loan Services in Federal Court". You can also email me at [email protected] . The time to begin organizing is NOW! You can file a restraining order to stop foreclosure in Federal Court. Do it at least 2 weeks BEFORE foreclosure auction date. If the judge denies it, you can prevent a 3rd party from buying at auction. I just did this for my home. It's not hard and there is strength in numbers. I was by myself, but i yelled "cloud on title...pending lawsuit in federal court. If you purchase this property, you will be sued". Then I took out my camera video and started video taping. I yelled out again "CLOUD on Title." The auctioneer was very annoyed, and I smiled as I was their to DEFEND MY HOME!! No one bid on my property. You do have POWER.

• Di
    dispatch2010 Jul 25, 2010

Wow CaliRyan your story is the same as mine except I called and they offered it to me. My husband just had his credit pulled and it is not on it (yet). Did they pay your taxes and insurance w/o your permission? Have you talked to an attorney yet? my email is [email protected]

chloebug13 Jul 20, 2010

Wow, your story is almost verbatem what we went through, EXCEPT they told us we HAD to be behind on our mortgage. And now guess what? They are threatening us with a lawsuit or demanding the entire amount. My fiancee and I have nearly had nervous breakdowns, well we did over all of this, they put us in this situation and now what? We may lose our house, I don't know if we can do it to be honest. I'm so angry!

• Ca
    CaliRyan Jul 20, 2010

I have had a HORRIBLE experience with Aurora. It started when I receieved a letter from them stating that my loan may qualify for a modification and to call them to see. I thought that because my loan was an ARM loan and would be adjusting in a few months that maybe this was why they had sent me the letter. I have always had great credit, never had any late payments to anyone, much less any collections. I told them this and they said that I did not have to be behind in my payments and it was okay that I had good credit. They then took my "financials" over the phone and sent me paperwork telling me that I was to make a new modified payment of a few hundred less than what I was supposed ot be paying. I was told that if I was denied, I would have to pay back the difference but if I was approved that it would be absorbed in the loan. They told me that nothing would be reported to the credit agencies while I was under a loan modification. I asked this on several occasions and was told each time it would not affect my credit. I got a few letters stating that I was behind "x" amount of dollars. I called each time and was told to disregard the letter as it was automaticaly genereated from their system. I was given a different amount that I would actually owe them if the mod should not go through as the statement I received wasn't taking into cosideration all of the new payments that I had been making. So, lo and behold, the last statement that I received from them I was told the exact same thing but I decided to pull my credit for fun, only to find out that they had reported that I was behind nearly $7000 to the credit bureaus!! When I called them, they actually told me that I only had to pay back $3800 so not only had they reported me (like they said they wouldnt) but they reported almost double what I actually owed them. I demanded to speak to a manager who explained to me that I had been denied for the HAMP program but that they had rolled me into another modification program and they only do not report you to the credit bureau when under the HAMP program yet it is their policy to keep rolling me over into programs until they exhaust all possibilities. I was livid and asked how they could do this without notifying me or getting my permission or give me a chance to pay back what I owe them and not go into another porgram. THe answer was that most people in a modification dont care about their credit so we didnt think that you would!!! She then told me that because I had one month left and my credit was already ruined that I should stick it out. She told me that it would be reported as "paid" if I was approved or I paid it back, however, they would never take back their report that I was late making my payment of thousands of dollars. She also told me that if I paid it back now I would be kicked out of the modification. A week or so later I got a call from one of my credit cards that I have always had a high limit with telling me that my limit was being cut drastically because they had pulled my credit report and recent negative reports had caused them to make this decision. I talked to them and they told me how I could try to fix it but that they have heard this story many times from people in a mod and it is horrible. This is the week I am supposed to get approved and am ready to pull the plug if it doesnt happen now. I also got a letter yesterday that they are selling my loan to another lender August 1 and I have no idea what will happen to all of these payments that they are holding in a "suspense account" for me or if the new lender will start to foreclose on me or what. I started out as a normal person with decent income and great credit and they have completely trashed my financial life. I never, ever in a million years wanted or needed to go into a foreclosure or short sale situation and never imagined that this could spiral so out of control. This company needs to be sued big time. They are royally screwing peoples entire lives. I am going to talk to an attorney this week to talk about a lawsuit.

chloebug13 Jul 19, 2010

We have tried a loan mod with ALS I believe 4 times now, once through a lawyer... what did we get? Well our first mort was INCREASED $300+ a month, and they wouldn't mod the 2nd. We have maybe $200 leftover at the end of the month for food, gas, clothing etc.

This isn't right and we are mad. What can we do, we don't want to lose our home!

Please help.

chloebug13 at gmail dot com

chloebug13 Jul 19, 2010

WHERE DO WE GET INFO ON A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST ALS? PLEASE COUNT ME IN.

chloebug13 at gmail dot com