AT&TThe 700 rebate

R Feb 22, 2021

I got emails and att app messages about att offering up to 700 towards the purchase of the new iPhone 12 max. You were about to look up your model mas see the total rebate. Mine said 700. I called att and asked lots of questions. I wanted to see what was required and what the bill would be. I was told I did qualify and would receive 700 that would be applied over 30 month towards the financing of the new phone. I was also told I would need to sign up for paperless billing and auto pay. They said once the new phone comes the box will have a return label for your existing phone to send back. Once we get it and assure it's in prefect condition the rebate will be applied which takes 3 billing cycles. I asked what my bill would be. I was paying 272 now but once this rebate kicks in within three month the bill would be 252 guaranteed. I said cool let's do it. I get the new phone send back the old one and the first month the bill is 350. I call and was told that's the activation and partial billing but once the rebate kicks in the bill shows 252. The 2nd month comes the bill was 295. I call and was told that that's full price for financing on the new phone but once the rebate kicks in it will be 252 a month no worries. The 3rd month comes and the bill is 286 again I call and ask what's going on they said the rebate is accepted and we have notice of your old phone being turned in and it will be 252 next month. Well this months bill was 286. I called again and was put on hold about 5 minutes. The billing department said well you never filled out the rebate form which is something I was never told about the 5 times I have spoken to them in the past. They said they called the rebate dept and all I need to do is call them and they will get it handled. I called the rebate department. They said they needed the numbers off the phone. I said how can I do that since you have had my phone 4 months. They said let me have the account number to look into it. I gave them that and they came back after saying they needed to speak to a supervisor and informed me they did not have nor did they ever receive my trade in. I said how is that possible less than 5 minutes ago all this was confirmed and I was asked to call here to get the rebate form handled. They said there is nothing they can do without the serial number. I said for the second time how do I do that without the phone anymore. I asked to speak to a manager they said it won't make a difference since I didn't have the information. I said so what I want to speak to one they put me on hold and disconnected the call. I called back and explained to them that I was just disconnected and what I was calling about. They started saying hello?? Hello?? Sorry we can't hear you and hung up. I called back to billing and they said sir you didn't qualify for the 700 rebate since you owed 200 on your last phone. I said wait you had all that info in front of you when I called the first time plus you are the once that emailed me about being eligible and I called to confirm all this before I made the change. They said sorry we misinformed you. I said no you committed fraud. You make me wait three months to find out you screwed me and now you won't take back the new phone nor will you make good and your lie. This is how you treat a 16 year customer? I would have never upgraded knowing this information and on top of that the old phone is worth 600 in trade value at GameStop. Had I decided to do it I would have kept the phone paid off the old financing and had 400 profit in my pocket. They committed fraud plain and simple and then sit there and say oops our bad sucks for you hahahaha. I want 700 credit to my bill as you promised. I don't want to hear you misunderstood and this is my business account and that's why I was so precise on what the payment would be. Make this right and quit screwing me over.